2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

i also find it humorous that "judges" is #1 on everyone's list of trump accomplishments, but now people are bitching and moaning when the judges didn't do their bidding.
price is right losing horn . gif

They're super serious about overturning Roe. Any day now.

7 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

Where did I mention Obama?

Was he POTUS in the 40s? The 50s?  The 60s?  The 70s?  The 80s?  The 90s?  From 2000-2009🙄?  Hell, from about the 7th century that place has been a clusterfuck.  Even before that, actually.

So GTFO here with the "but Obama" shit...

I see. So he did a poor job in the Middle East but it’s a shit show so we’ll give him a pass.

39 minutes ago, gmr548 said:
1 hour ago, washparkhorn said:
Ignore is your friend. AwK. The Praetorian Guard that greeted you is merely testing you to determine if you are a bot or a nazi. You are neither. Stick around a while. 

But he's aggy

It takes a village.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I have to pat myself on the back that at 43 years old I've pretty much eliminated Aggies from my life, save for one co-worker who's a pretty good sport regarding athletics (but still a Trump defender/idiot politically). 

I think I am down to one now as well. She married a Longhorn thus ensuring her offspring will never be aggy.

2 hours ago, Ag with kids said:

There's been a term used for quite some time...RINO.

There are a large number of Republicans don't think that the GOP in office have been actually doing what they said they would...hence, the leftward slide in the governmental policies.

I know you have no understanding about why a lot of people support Trump, probably because you really don't know them well.  But, I know lots of hard core conservatives that support him because he's actually done a lot of the things they've wanted a GOP POTUS to do.  First off, he doesn't back down and apologize to the media when they attack him.  That's LONG been a complaint of conservatives about the candidates.  Reagan did.  GHWB didn't.  Dole didn't.  GWB didn't.  McCain didn't.  Romney didn't.  Conservatives want their candidates to stop backing down.

And he's actually done a lot of the things that the conservatives wanted enacted.

It's really not rocket surgery.

Jeez...I can't believe you dragged me back into this cesspool...

I can understand fighting back, but Trump takes it to the extreme and it’s very tiring. He fights the media on everything. If he made a mistake the day before, he just lies to their faces and pretends he didn’t do it. Trump has to be the most childish 70 year old ever. He takes all the credit for anything good and if something bad is happening, he’s the first one to yell “ NOT MY FAULT”.

Im hoping most people are sick of the guys antics and his effort to politicize everything he possibly can. The country is so divided and on edge right now and the lack of cohesive leadership isn’t helping things at all.

1 hour ago, thepop said:

I see. So he did a poor job in the Middle East but it’s a shit show so we’ll give him a pass.

Meh...

Any more poor than the last pile of POTUS'?

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:
1 hour ago, washparkhorn said:
Ignore is your friend. AwK. The Praetorian Guard that greeted you is merely testing you to determine if you are a bot or a nazi. You are neither. Stick around a while. 

But he's aggy

Thanks for the compliment!👍

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I have to pat myself on the back that at 43 years old I've pretty much eliminated Aggies from my life, save for one co-worker who's a pretty good sport regarding athletics (but still a Trump defender/idiot politically). 

My last job there were a lot of Ags.

In my new job (which is a small research center) about 1/6 of us are Ags...ok, that's only 4 of us, but...

Oh yeah, and I now work for TAMU-CC.  But, they're the Islanders, not Ags.

However, I live on NPI so I don't really care...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ag with kids said:

My last job there were a lot of Ags.

In my new job (which is a small research center) about 1/6 of us are Ags...ok, that's only 4 of us, but...

Oh yeah, and I now work for TAMU-CC.  But, they're the Islanders, not Ags.

However, I live on NPI so I don't really care...

Fascinating story. Tell it again. 

On 6/16/2020 at 9:27 AM, Irwin F Fletcher said:

Couple things.

(1) There won't be a vaccine available by November in which Trump can take credit for.

There are some serious people tracking to a vaccine release by October.  I don't fucking buy it, but it on some dashboards. 

4 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

There are some serious people tracking to a vaccine release by October.  I don't fucking buy it, but it on some dashboards. 

Anyone gonna bet me that it will come with a law that immunizes everyone from the fact that it might not work or have serious side effects, and that the bill will accidentally include immunity for all the rest of Big Pharma vaccines - one that will make the vaccine act look plaintiff friendly?

• Like 1

Just now, Gatorubet said:

Anyone gonna bet me that it will come with a law that immunizes everyone from the fact that it might not work or have serious side effects, and that the bill will accidentally include immunity for all the rest of Big Pharma vaccines - one that will make the vaccine act look plaintiff friendly?

That's a pretty good bet, although as you point out they are already essentially backstopped.

In this case, I am actually alright with some broad legal immunity, as long as the fucking FDA does their job. 

I would consider challenge trials and some other shit that runs pretty close to the sun. 

4 hours ago, Ag with kids said:

Appointed numerous conservative judges.

Worked to slow illegal immigration.

Enacted almost everything that was on his original plan (it was posted on his website, don't know if it's still there).

Pulled troops out of the ME (which a lot of the right have wanted for a long time).

Killed numerous more terrorist assholes that were actively working to hurt America.

And more...

True

False

False

Truish

False

2 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

I blame [mention]Bozo_Casanova [/mention] for this shitshow.

That's a good point. I am not sure I would use the words blame and shitshow in the same sentence with BC (he was a nasty wonk back in the day). Kind of an Ezra Klein (sp?) but smart. BC is OG.  Ag with kids is no ruffian.

Spoiler

While Henry Gandorf (another luminary on this board) was successfully entertaining the non-political side it very well, may I say, BC was discussing health care and every other policy in the early 2000's. Ag with Kids understand policy. Hell I think they are friends. The tone doesn't always match the intent in policy debates. Nudging was the theory of the day in moving policy (neoliberal policy adapted by most institutions). 

For the OG, partisanship was a major slam (rightfully). BC and Ag with kids did a good job detaching partisanship from policy on the boards. They both write well. There was kind of an unwritten rule good policy discussions were nurtured. With breaks for humor, as needed, to chill any chippy feelings and reminds us we all need a laugh. Policy questions were non-team events, thanks in large part to BC and the wonks he gathered. He should have had a podcast . . . damn those didn't exist.

Ag with kids is a solid conservative as I recall. Tahoe was a Party man. Ag with kids was driven by economic theory and the perpetual crisis was the debt/deficit scares. Economic policy for conscious conservatives is paramount. If Ag with Kids has become convinced of MMT's effectiveness as an economic theory, neoliberal Democrats (a shrinking but powerful influence on the Democratic Party) have lost the future.  

Neoliberal economic theory as used by both parties swiftly brought us to the point. I am not sure neoliberal economic policy remains relevant. Wall Street doesn't need neoliberalism. There is enough to rebuild in neoliberalism's wake that the middle and working classes would benefit. The poor would see immediate relief. We can cure poverty with the press of a key (and not even break a sweat). The expense comes in how to repair the damage.

Spoiler

So . . . 

If Ag with kids understands austerity has wreaked havoc in communities, policies will change. It will just become the norm again to shift policies to meet the moment - after almost 50 years of economic policy that encouraged austerity.  Time for Congress to get their shit together. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ag with kids said:

Appointed numerous conservative judges.

Worked to slow illegal immigration.

Enacted almost everything that was on his original plan (it was posted on his website, don't know if it's still there).

Pulled troops out of the ME (which a lot of the right have wanted for a long time).

Killed numerous more terrorist assholes that were actively working to hurt America.

And more...

Likely it’s not worth it, but:

1) Were they actually conservative judges? How do you know? And what does that even mean to you, since the future behavior of judges is historically they worst bet in politics? I think you mean “Republican”, not conservative.

2) Did he work to slow illegal immigration? Kinda looks like Obama to me, except with less effort. But he was far more cruel and inhumane, in that he attempted to use family separation as a deterrent. See also, values. I would add that support for comprehensive immigration Reform is a long term Republicans issue, because it supplies the labor force in ways we require and encourages free trade, which Republicans used to value. Until they sacrificed it at the alter of muh judges.

3) everything that was in his plan except anything with healthcare, the budget, the financing and construction of the wall, etc. He sure was a dick to our western allies, though, and encouraged foreign adversaries to meddle in our elections. Does that Anti-trade and anti-NATO sound Republican to you?

4) We are still in Iraq and Afghanistan. Are you referring to moving troops out of Erdogan’s way so he could massacre our allies the Kurds?

5) You putting continuing the global war on terror on the same list of achievements as pulling out of the Middle East is *chef’s kiss*

• Like 9

9 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

I blame [mention]Bozo_Casanova [/mention] for this shitshow.

Me too, but I like AWK. He and Washpark and Tahoe) reminds me of the days when we could have fun doing this, and making good arguments was worth the effort. Also we see eye to eye on HDHPs.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

I spoke with a Trump supporter last week who described in great detail his appreciation of Trump stacking the federal district court benches, then the appellate benches with conservative judges.  And he knew, in great detail, how important certain districts were because of which previously troublesome appellate courts they kick up to, are.  I was really impressed that this guy suddenly learned so much about our judicial branch, besides the obvious Supreme Court.  It is on the appellate circuit that most case law is truly codified for the ages in our nation.  I was ready to walk away completely impressed.  And then he couldn't help himself.  He told me Covid19 is a hoax and that whatever few hundred people that have actually died from it are direct murder victims of the ChiComs.  I'll bet $50 most of you can name his handle on here.  

12 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

I can understand fighting back, but Trump takes it to the extreme and it’s very tiring. He fights the media on everything. If he made a mistake the day before, he just lies to their faces and pretends he didn’t do it. Trump has to be the most childish 70 year old ever. He takes all the credit for anything good and if something bad is happening, he’s the first one to yell “ NOT MY FAULT”.

Im hoping most people are sick of the guys antics and his effort to politicize everything he possibly can. The country is so divided and on edge right now and the lack of cohesive leadership isn’t helping things at all.

This is the most sterilized interpretation of this presidency.  I'm thinking and hoping you are just dumbing it down for aggy over there.  This is like saying 9/11 was just a slight flying mishap.

Latest Supreme Court ruling to preserve DACA definitely helps the Democrats in the election going forward.

Trump couldn’t wait for his conservative court to kill DACA. He was chomping at the bit to politicize the lives of innocent children who crossed over  the US border and have nowhere to go.

Trump was going to try to “ give” the Democrats full DACA protections from the worthless piece of shit do nothing senate Mitch McConnell and GOP house votes as well in exchange for wall funds, and several more restrictive immigration policies. The douchebag was going to dangle something in our face that we already had and if we said no, trump would run to the media and anyone who would listen and say that the Democrats don’t care about DACA and those children. He’d try to use it to turn Hispanics against the Democrats.

lots of the olds across the country who watch Fox News would have believed him and the poll numbers probably would’ve narrowed. It was a lose lose for the Democrats in my opinion and I’m glad Trump won’t have the opportunity to use those kids to score political points.

fat piece of garbage

Edited by Voldemort86
  • Like 1

https://www.thedailybeast.com/this-poll-only-lets-you-support-trump-for-president?ref=home

Fox News viewers who responded to a television ad asking them to vote in a poll on the 2020 presidential race may have been surprised to learn that the survey’s only available option was a vote of support for President Donald Trump’s re-election.

A company called American Polling LLC has been buying ad time on Fox programs this month, according to documents filed with the Federal Communications Commission. A publicly available version of one of the group’s 30-second ads asks viewers to call a 1-800 number to give their preferences on the 2020 presidential contest.

PAY DIRT decided to give the number a call. The ad as aired on TV prompted viewers to press two to support Joe Biden, three for Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA), and four for Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA)—the latter two of whom are no longer running for president. But the automated survey that greeted actual callers simply asked them to press one if they supported Trump. Press two, and the automated service replies, "Thank you for supporting President Trump. Your vote will only be counted once. Goodbye."

Surveys, by definition, are supposed to give respondents more than one choice. But this is not actually a survey. And the group sponsoring it, American Polling LLC, isn’t actually a polling company. And the client behind these ads has no interest in gauging public sentiment on the presidential race. Rather, it is a pro-Trump super PAC attempting to use these “polls” to gin up new fundraising leads.

Callers who pressed one to select Trump right off the bat in the telephone surveys promoted in American Polling’s ad campaign were then asked to press one to hear a message from Ed Rollins, a veteran Republican operative and the chairman of the group Great America PAC.

“Great America PAC led the fight in 2016 to elect President Trump and we will lead the fight again for his re-election in 2020, but we urgently need help from President Trump supporters like you,” Rollins declares in a pre-recorded message. “Can we count on you to make a contribution to support the fight for his re-election in 2020? If you are willing to make a contribution, please press 1 now.” 

Pressing one when prompted forwards the call to a real person who then collects credit card and donor information on behalf of Great America PAC. 

Callers who pressed nothing at all when asked if they supported Trump were greeted by an automated voice that says "Sorry I did not understand you," which then prompted the narrator to re-read the survey all over again: “Thank you for calling American Polling to take our presidential election survey. Please press 1 now if you will vote for the re-election of President Trump. Again, press one now for President Trump.” If you don’t press a button three times in a row, the automated voice says “Since you seem to be having lots of trouble with this question, let's move on to the next question,” after which Rollins’ recorded message is played. 

Spoiler

In short, there is no survey, just various paths to get to a place where Rollins hits you up for cash. He did not respond to questions about the American Polling ad campaign.

According to FCC filings, the company has purchased nationwide airtime on Fox News this month to broadcast the spot. Publicly available versions of the company’s ads don’t mention Great America PAC at all; they simply say the ads are paid for by American Polling LLC. Neither Great America PAC nor any other federal political committee has reported paying that firm in Federal Election Commission filings.

FCC filings do indicate that American Polling’s president is a man named Bryan Hartong. He’s a Canton, Ohio-based fundraiser and media buyer who also leads the firm RRTV Media. That company “develops and executes fundraising campaigns for political & nonprofit organizations that acquire donors and produces results that exceed traditional fundraising programs,” according to Hartong’s LinkedIn page.

American Polling’s 2020 election spot is not the first ad the company has run for Great America. It also put out a spot early this year asking for similarly dubious survey participation regarding voter attitudes on Trump’s impeachment. Like the more recent ad, that spot directed callers to an automated message from Rollins, and then to a Great America fundraising representative.

14 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

That's a good point. I am not sure I would use the words blame and shitshow in the same sentence with BC (he was a nasty wonk back in the day). Kind of an Ezra Klein (sp?) but smart. BC is OG.  Ag with kids is no ruffian.

Hide contents

While Henry Gandorf (another luminary on this board) was successfully entertaining the non-political side it very well, may I say, BC was discussing health care and every other policy in the early 2000's. Ag with Kids understand policy. Hell I think they are friends. The tone doesn't always match the intent in policy debates. Nudging was the theory of the day in moving policy (neoliberal policy adapted by most institutions). 

For the OG, partisanship was a major slam (rightfully). BC and Ag with kids did a good job detaching partisanship from policy on the boards. They both write well. There was kind of an unwritten rule good policy discussions were nurtured. With breaks for humor, as needed, to chill any chippy feelings and reminds us we all need a laugh. Policy questions were non-team events, thanks in large part to BC and the wonks he gathered. He should have had a podcast . . . damn those didn't exist.

Ag with kids is a solid conservative as I recall. Tahoe was a Party man. Ag with kids was driven by economic theory and the perpetual crisis was the debt/deficit scares. Economic policy for conscious conservatives is paramount. If Ag with Kids has become convinced of MMT's effectiveness as an economic theory, neoliberal Democrats (a shrinking but powerful influence on the Democratic Party) have lost the future.  

Neoliberal economic theory as used by both parties swiftly brought us to the point. I am not sure neoliberal economic policy remains relevant. Wall Street doesn't need neoliberalism. There is enough to rebuild in neoliberalism's wake that the middle and working classes would benefit. The poor would see immediate relief. We can cure poverty with the press of a key (and not even break a sweat). The expense comes in how to repair the damage.

Hide contents

So . . . 

If Ag with kids understands austerity has wreaked havoc in communities, policies will change. It will just become the norm again to shift policies to meet the moment - after almost 50 years of economic policy that encouraged austerity.  Time for Congress to get their shit together. 

Thanks for the nice words washpark!  And no...MMT is a shit theory, so don't worry about me getting behind it.  I'm still a Friedman guy.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

This is the most sterilized interpretation of this presidency.  I'm thinking and hoping you are just dumbing it down for aggy over there.  This is like saying 9/11 was just a slight flying mishap.

Or, some people did some stuff...😉

7 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Me too, but I like AWK. He and Washpark and Tahoe) reminds me of the days when we could have fun doing this, and making good arguments was worth the effort. Also we see eye to eye on HDHPs.

I'm still a big fan of HDHPs and think they should be the way insurance moves towards.

Although, now I'm a state government leech, so I've got my cheap and cushy gubmint health insurance...I may not like the game, but I'll play by the rules...

And I think you're a stand up guy yourself.  If you ever get down to the island, look me up and I'll buy you a beer.

Edited by Ag with kids
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, mchookem said:

these total numbers are all well below 100... who the hell is still undecided now?

In polling, if there is a batshit insane option that defies all logic, there will always be a 3-10% of the sample that goes with it.  

“Blacks for Trump”/“Abolish the Police” poll in this lunatic range.  

Undecided in the 2020 election is the batshit option. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

23 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I’m the same age as you......you old ass SOB!  I like where you’re going with this post though.

• Like 1

I would guess that a lot of the undecideds are typically right leaning folks that don’t like trump and can’t figure out what to do. Hate trump but “liberalism is a mental disorder”. I worry about a lot of those people going back to trump because some wedge issue that comes up in the month before the election. Wouldn’t be surprised for Dotard to start going off on abortion to get those people back on board.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Larry T. Spider said:

I would guess that a lot of the undecideds are typically right leaning folks that don’t like trump and can’t figure out what to do. Hate trump but “liberalism is a mental disorder”. I worry about a lot of those people going back to trump because some wedge issue that comes up in the month before the election. Wouldn’t be surprised for Dotard to start going off on abortion to get those people back on board.

This.  Ultimately, they'll end up with "but I can't vote for a liberal communist socialist who eats babies in a pizza parlor" and they'll pull the level for Trump.

Trump still has the inside track on being re-elected, because of that, and because his base will turn out and actually vote at a 99% turnout rate.  For the opposition, it's all about turnout, because trust me, those Trump voters will turnout, and the ones you think are leaving him.....most of them aren't.

At this point I don't see how Trump doesn't win this November. Especially with all the unrest being shown on the news and spread around social media. I think that's enough to sway independents as long as Biden is silent to condemn what everyone is seeing. The presidential debates will be his moment, he's just gotta take advantage of it like he did in 2012.