2020 Hurricane Season w/ special guest Covid-19

Loco

57 minutes ago, tokamak said:

I wonder if they've ever considered putting a dam or gate across the mouth of the ship channel, similar to what they have in the Netherlands. This monster came a little too close for comfort.

Maeslantkering.jpg

i did a huge writeup on this after harvey.  drain galveston bay, install 20' diameter pipes from all over houston metro to dump water in to the dry galveston trench, dredge out a 100' high dike either side of the ship channel, with one of these (Maeslantkering) north end of galveston.

27 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Pretty sure I've found the parking garage he's on top of.

can't be.  chase building is at the wrong angle.  he can see the eastern face of it.  he's on top of the parking garage for the apartment across the alley to the east of there.   you can see it under construction on google streetview or aerial in bing

Edited by elfenix

7 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

not even trying to be punny... these fucking medicine ads on the weather channel are legit depressing... just had Vraylar, anti depressant, dupixent some sort of asthma med, the narcolepsy commercial and Humira the rhumatoid arthritis commercial.

only country in the world where it's legal to spend billions on advertising for-profit pharma.

5 minutes ago, elfenix said:

can't be.  chase building is at the wrong angle.  he can see the eastern face of it.  he's on top of the parking garage for the apartment across the street to the east of there. 

You mean one block to the east? I had to go to Street View to see that new construction. It's not showing on the aerial. But, yes, the angle is slightly off from what I had guessed, so you're likely right.