Moody Center

cdain3

6 hours ago, SizzleChest said:

They're smart to promote that to build season ticket hype, but, yeah no way those cloud panels are *never* retracted for a UT hoops game.  According to Tim Liewiecke (CEO of OVG), those panels can be retracted up into the ceiling in 5 minutes with the push of a button.

Texas Tech fans will hack the retract codes and have 5k fans up in the rafters for the Red Raider visit.

• Rage+1 1

It was cool getting to go inside the Moody Center tonight.  I was at the ground breaking ceremony they had a few years ago, which feels like forever ago.  It is a beautiful venue.  I saw it in its concert set up this evening, and it was not hard to visualize how amazing it would be for basketball.  Not a bad seat in the house, and - while I am certainly no acoustics expert - the acoustics seemed excellent.  There are still some rough spots and some finishing touches that will need to happen, and it seems they are unapologetic about gouging folks on food/drink ($16 for beer).  Still, it feels very modern and I hope to be part of a lot of basketball memories there.

I snapped a few pics.  It seemed like most stuff had been covered by the press yesterday, so my pics aren't really that interesting.

IMG_2331.jpg

IMG_2325.jpg

IMG_2322.jpg

IMG_2328.jpg

Edited by someguy
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

I will say, parking was an absolute shit storm.  I pre-paid for parking in the Trinity Garage using the link the Moody Center provided.  I waited in a super long line to get into the lot, and when we were near the front they closed the garage because it had reached its capacity.  Either they were letting in folks who didn't pre-pay, or the pre-pay system didn't keep track of the number of spots available.  Hopefully they get all that ironed out.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, someguy said:

I will say, parking was an absolute shit storm.  I pre-paid for parking in the Trinity Garage using the link the Moody Center provided.  I waited in a super long line to get into the lot, and when we were near the front they closed the garage because it had reached its capacity.  Either they were letting in folks who didn't pre-pay, or the pre-pay system didn't keep track of the number of spots available.  Hopefully they get all that ironed out.

seinfeld-reservation.gif.f290481753af80dc67e3df57de2475b1.gif

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, someguy said:

I was at the ground breaking ceremony they had a few years ago, which feels like forever ago. 

We had a different president, MBB coach and WBB coach when they broke ground on this building.  So yeah, sorta was forever ago. 

20 minutes ago, KingBobo81 said:

Went there to see John Mayer last night - aside from typical beer price complaints, the venue is incredible. I’m really looking forward to see what it’s like for hoops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How was the parking and traffic in/out?  I'll be at George and Willie next Friday.

How was the parking and traffic in/out?  I'll be at George and Willie next Friday.

I got there pretty early to check out the venue and snagged a street spot near Scholz’s, so easy for me. It seemed like things were fairly organized for garages/comparable to leaving the Erwin Center when I was walking back to the car. The rideshare pickup/drop off is all on the east side so it didn’t look like mad chaos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Seriously.  I've gone full circle multiple times on MM but right now he just makes me cringe.

its nice to have a film celebrity to rep the university and athletics but he let the Minister of Culture/King of Cool thing go to his head.  it's kinda played out, IMO.  Unless someone else steps up he'll have a lifetime gig as the Gameday "pick 'em" Celebrity.  

2 hours ago, dcar00 said:

its nice to have a film celebrity to rep the university and athletics but he let the Minister of Culture/King of Cool thing go to his head.  it's kinda played out, IMO.  Unless someone else steps up he'll have a lifetime gig as the Gameday "pick 'em" Celebrity.  

He is better than Tommy Tune … 

• Haha 2

I went last night to the George Strait / Willie concert. Granted, I was upstairs in one of the loge box deals but trying to imagine the basketball configuration... It seems like the pitch isn't very steep on the stands so you would be a good bit set back away from the court on all sides. Maybe it was perspective and maybe I'm just used to spurs games at the AT&T Center which is pretty steep so it feels like you're right on top of the action. The building itself is great though. 

Congratulations to our winning submissions throughout the

Court Design contest: Trey Jackson, Carter Bailey, Christopher Ainley and Sam LaBelle! With our head coaches’ input, elements from each of their submissions were combined to generate the final court design 

Lol so they didn’t use a submission. They used beard’s design and then found submissions that had some element that was the same and called them the winners.