Fitlump fucking won an Austin City Council seat

atomheartbevo

I think my buddies lived at the one that is now Sedona Springs.  Keep in mind this was almost 20 years ago and it's probably traded a couple times since then.  Yeah, I think their rent for 2 bedrooms was probably less than $800.  It's got to be at least double that now.  

To tie it back to FitLump, she's gonna make Austin affordable again!  One pole fitness class coupon at a time! 

Edited by Lobo

https://www.austinchronicle.com/news/2020-12-04/challengers-hit-speed-bumps-in-run-off-council-races/

pols_feature2-2.jpg

Early voting in the City Council run-off elections begins today, Dec. 3, and District 6 Council Member Jimmy Flannigan has framed his contest with Mackenzie Kelly in no uncertain terms. "In 2014, just 191 votes separated Austin from democracy and fascism," Flannigan told about 15 supporters gathered at Springwoods Park on a rainy Saturday afternoon, in reference to his narrow loss to Don Zimmerman in a run-off that year. "We are walking on a razor's edge and District 6, among all of the Council districts, is the front line of this fight."

Springwoods Park, located near Parmer Lane and Anderson Mill Road, has become a regular rallying spot for the Flannigan campaign; it was also the site of an ugly episode the week prior, when members of the pro-­police and pro-military Wind Ther­a­py Free­dom Riders motorcycle club accosted Flan­ni­gan as he was leaving the campaign's Nov. 21 event. The club threatened to continue to confront Flannigan at his campaign events, but no one showed up at the Nov. 28 event.

“In 2014, just 191 votes separated Austin from democracy and fascism.” – D6 CM Jimmy Flannigan

Kelly, who finished third behind Zimmer­man and Flannigan in that 2014 contest, maintains she had no knowledge of the WTFers' plans to harass Flannigan and that the group is not affiliated with her campaign, but she has not condemned the group nor its attempt at intimidation. For Flannigan and his supporters, Kelly's loose association with the WTFers (she appears in multiple photos with members of the club at different events) and her refusal to flatly condemn their behavior reflects a pattern of support from some of the more unsavory characters in Austin politics.

One of these is local Proud Boy Christo­pher Ritchie, who took part in the notorious 2017 Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, Va., and has clashed with participants in local Women's March and Black Lives Mat­ter events. Ritchie was photographed protesting Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., as she spoke in Austin earlier this year; he held a sign adorned with a swastika and Islamic crescent moon that read "Islamofascists: killing Jews since 1929. Hitler-approved."

Ritchie has also been photographed with Kelly, and he's a member of the Facebook group for Take Back Austin, the group Kelly founded in response to Council's votes to decriminalize homelessness in 2019. Take Back Austin has coordinated a few cleanups of encampments, but the group mostly exists as a venue for people to vent about the increased visibility of homelessness, and in more extreme cases to vilify and degrade the unhoused. In December 2019, Ritchie asked the group for information on how to run for City Council, so he could help "remove the commie trash" from city government, to which Kelly replied "Send­ing PM [private message]." At one point, Kelly followed Ritchie on Twitter, but she has since unfollowed him.

Kelly says the extent of her relationship with Ritchie is through run-ins at "various events that support conservative causes." She says she was cordial with him online because she was not fully aware of his association with the Proud Boys; now, she tries to distance herself from him and the group as much as she is able. "Their behavior and conduct are unbecoming and I believe there are more positive and productive ways to solve problems than what they engage in," Kelly wrote.

Kelly's own views, and not just her associations, have also been questioned. In a June 3 appearance on the local podcast Emer­gency Exit, the conversation veered into the subject of racial profiling, which Kelly and the two hosts agreed is bad. But, Kelly argued, criminal profiling is a tool that police officers depend on to deter crime – and race should be factored into a criminal profile, so long as it's not the only characteristic taken into consideration.

"I think that it's okay to say that a person's race is part of profiling for a criminal profile," Kelly told the podcast hosts. "But it can't just be based on race, it has to be based on what you're wearing, what your hair looks like, if you have glasses or not. There's a lot of things that go into a criminal profile, but what I can tell [is] the Austin Police Department has come a very long way from where they used to be from possible racial profiling to criminal profiling."

Kelly has campaigned on a pro-law enforcement message, and she's been endorsed by the Austin Police Association, so it is not surprising that she would find justification for department practices. But later in the conversation, Kelly adds: "If you're not doing bad things, then you have nothing to worry about." A city analysis, however, found that Black and Latinx Austinities continue to be stopped, searched, and arrested by APD at disproportionate rates. The report also found that when a Black or Latinx motorist's race was known before a traffic stop, they were more likely to be pulled over, evidence that APD has not abandoned racial profiling as thoroughly as Kelly believes.

Kelly told us that although she still believes race can and should be factored into a criminal profile, she was using the term in its "professional, non-discriminatory meaning," which may not have been apparent to people unfamiliar with the process of building a criminal profile. "By no means do I support arresting someone based on their race or expression of ethnic identity," she wrote. She said part of the reason she wants to restore funding to APD for cadet classes is so officers can be trained on how to conduct nondiscriminatory profiling.

Regarding the city's racial disparities report, Kelly wrote that the numbers would likely be even worse had the department not "come a long way," as she said on the podcast. "I'm greatly concerned that deep cuts to APD and the cancellation of this year's police academy will hinder further progress to the goal of ending racial discrimination during arrests."

Kelly's Legal Matters

Kelly is now an enthusiastic public champion of Austin law enforcement, but in 2011, she was arrested after lying to an APD officer about how she was using her occupational driver's license. After failing to make payments on fines for prior citations, her regular license had been suspended under the provisions of the state's now-repealed Driver Responsibility Program.

The occupational license Kelly obtained only allowed her to drive for specific purposes, such as to and from work. On Aug. 18, 2011, Kelly was pulled over for speeding by Officer Shane Boughton. Kelly admitted to speeding, according to the report filed by Boughton, but she could not produce the court order, as is required by law, permitting her to use the ODL. Instead, Kelly began crying and told the officer that she was late for a meeting at Austin's Combined Transportation, Emergency, and Commun­i­ca­tions Center, where she was working at the time. Boughton wrote that he believed her, partly because she was wearing an "emergency planning shirt."

But Kelly wasn't driving to CTECC; she was on the way to interview for an internship on the Bobby Bones show, back when he was just a humble Austin DJ at 96.7 KISS FM. Shortly after Boughton cited her for speeding and let her go, Kelly tweeted, "Managed to get a speeding ticket on my way to the Mr. Bobby Bones internship," adding later, "Speeding ticket was totally worth it. I was offered the internship for the Mr. Bobby Bones show."

A fellow APD officer who followed Kelly on Twitter texted Boughton screenshots of the tweets to let him know Kelly had lied to him. "After seeing this evidence I then realized she was not on her way to work as she told me," Boughton wrote in his incident report. "She was actually on her going to an internship interview ... she lied to me."

A warrant was issued for Kelly's arrest, and on Aug. 29, 2011, she was booked in the Travis County Jail. Later that day, she was released on a $1,500 personal bond; in 2015, the arrest was expunged from her record.

In an email, Kelly told us that she viewed driving to the internship interview as a legitimate use of the ODL, although that does not explain why she chose to lie to Officer Boughton when he pulled her over for speeding. "The officer obviously disagreed, and I learned from that mistake the hard way," she wrote. "I have grown and matured since 2011, and my support of law enforcement and public safety have grown and matured similarly."

Kelly has had more recent legal challenges. For the past four years, she has primarily worked in home health care; in March 2020, her former employer, Right at Home, began the process of filing suit against her for allegedly downloading a database of "referral sources, customers, providers, and other confidential business information" from RAH on her last day of employment, Oct. 4, 2019. RAH claims she took the information to a direct competitor, A Place at Home, where Kelly began working.

In January 2020, attorneys with the Littler Mendelson law firm, representing RAH, sent Kelly a cease-and-desist letter alleging she was in violation of a confidentiality and non-compete agreement she signed with the company. The letter alleges that Kelly engaged in efforts to solicit RAH clients to switch to APAH.

Mark Land, representing Kelly, responded in a February letter that his client had "no intention of violating any legal or moral obligation" to RAH, and that the confidential data Kelly downloaded was done at the request of RAH leadership. Land argues that because Kelly did not try and lure her own grandmother, an RAH client, to APAH, it is unreasonable to accuse her of trying to do so with other RAH clients. "Ms. Kelly has gone well beyond any obligation to Right at Home under the Non-Compete," the letter reads. "Mackenzie has never tried to get any Right at Home employee to stop work at Right at Home or to get any client, including her own grandmother, to stop hiring Right at Home."

Unsatisfied with this response, RAH opted to file a petition with the 425th Dis­trict Court in Williamson County requesting an investigation into their claim. In the petition, RAH attorneys say the business has seen a 50% drop in billable hours compared to the five months preceding Kelly's departure – which they attribute to APAH poaching clients based on the improperly accessed confidential information.

The petition requests that Kelly and an APAH representative sit for a deposition to establish facts relating to the allegations, which has not occurred as of yet. In a March 9 letter, APAH owner Paul Walton wrote to the owners of RAH that if the claim was pursued, "the most logical course of action for me to follow results in the termination of Ms. Kelly's employment." That would reflect poorly on both companies, Walton argued, because clients would wonder why Kelly, whom he says is well-respected in the field, is searching for new employment. The next day, RAH filed its petition in court, and not long after that, Kelly was let go from APAH, which she says is related to budget pressures caused by COVID-19 throughout the industry.

Kelly told the Chronicle that her non-compete agreement with RAH expired in Octo­ber, and that she and her attorney expect the court to dismiss RAH's claim. "RAH thought it was wrong I continued to lead an industry trade group," Kelly wrote in an email, "and they wrongly thought I was trying to steal their clients. That is simply not true."

Edited by Pasken
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Pasken said:

Kelly told us that although she still believes race can and should be factored into a criminal profile, she was using the term in its "professional, non-discriminatory meaning," which may not have been apparent to people unfamiliar with the process of building a criminal profile. "By no means do I support arresting someone based on their race or expression of ethnic identity," she wrote. She said part of the reason she wants to restore funding to APD for cadet classes is so officers can be trained on how to conduct nondiscriminatory profiling.

Regarding the city's racial disparities report, Kelly wrote that the numbers would likely be even worse had the department not "come a long way," as she said on the podcast. "I'm greatly concerned that deep cuts to APD and the cancellation of this year's police academy will hinder further progress to the goal of ending racial discrimination during arrests."

That's a hard sale to make when you hang out with folks flashing white power signs.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pasken said:

A fellow APD officer who followed Kelly on Twitter texted Boughton screenshots of the tweets to let him know Kelly had lied to him. "After seeing this evidence I then realized she was not on her way to work as she told me," Boughton wrote in his incident report. "She was actually on her going to an internship interview ... she lied to me."

A warrant was issued for Kelly's arrest, and on Aug. 29, 2011, she was booked in the Travis County Jail. Later that day, she was released on a $1,500 personal bond; in 2015, the arrest was expunged from her record.

In an email, Kelly told us that she viewed driving to the internship interview as a legitimate use of the ODL, although that does not explain why she chose to lie to Officer Boughton when he pulled her over for speeding. "The officer obviously disagreed, and I learned from that mistake the hard way," she wrote. "I have grown and matured since 2011, and my support of law enforcement and public safety have grown and matured similarly."

spacer.png

42 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Damn Jimmy get it together

I ain't voting for Kelly.  Because I don't want to watch the world burn.

But Jimmy has been shit for my neighborhood.  No one likes Kelly, but they are likely going to vote for her despite knowing about her past and posting history on the shag.  She might actually have a chance here.  Which scares the shit out of me.

She's getting noticed.

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/claims-of-white-pride-and-safety-threats-sifting-through-spin-in-the-austin-city-council-district-6-runoff/

Andy Hogue, Kelly’s campaign manager, and Travis County Republican Party Communications chair, gave a similar explanation for why the individuals holding up the “Okay” sign wound up in the photo. Hogue emphasized Kelly did not pose in the photo with the people who held up the hand signs.

“There was a large group photo being taken of a peaceful demonstration supporting funding the police and nothing more,” Hogue said. “The people in question jumped into the far left-hand side of the crowd outside of the candidate’s field of vision, as plainly demonstrated by the photo.”

If they photo-bombed, that's fair, but maybe Hogue should explain why Mackenzie has thrown out a Qanon phrase or two (I know, I know, she's trying to get the aggy in her district to vote for her) and why she promoted and hung out with Owen Shroyer, a guy who said George Floyd's death was a hoax (and who was trying to get Texans to disregard pleas for folks to stay home or at least mask up).

23 minutes ago, Pasken said:

Great thread 

Interesting

Because it is against Federal law to put anything in a mailbox, “on which no postage has been paid,” and if caught doing so a person could be fined up to $5,000 and an organization $10,000. Called the Mailbox Restriction Law, most countries do not have such legislation.

You should report it to your postmaster. You can file complaints online at USPS - The United States Postal Service (U.S. Postal Service) or call the PO.

5 hours ago, Pasken said:

Great thread 

LOL

dark money donations. She is in need of psychological help, not a city council seat. She's a grifter, just like the people she surrounds herself with. Her campaign site doesn't have a single policy stance or plan for the city - it's literally just a donation page: https://mackenzieforaustin.com/ (And she's listed as her own treasurer - big red flag!)

She is deeply entwined with Matt Mackowiak and they do tons of events together, like when they were hanging out at a maskless fundraiser this summer with Owen Shroyer of Infowars - you know, the guy who helped harass Sandy Hook families and who claimed George Floyd's death was a complete hoax: https://www.mediamatters.org/infowars/texas-county-gop-group-hosted-infowars-anchor-who-promoted-claims-george-floyds-death-was

Kelly was thrilled that he knew who she was.

Mackenzie Kelly even has a history in this sub itself during her GamerGate and "dating" Romeo Rose period. Check out her history of being a cam girl, posting texts allegedly between her and Lance Armstrong, her going on dates with the doctor that prescribes her medicine and wrote her a note to get out of city events the last time she ran for council and more!  https://archive.is/ivW52

She has a history of substance abuse and being mentally unstable. She does not belong on city council. She will just spend her time trying to stir shit and cater to the Infowars/QAnon crowd to try to build her persona and name recognition. She has obviously been desperate for attention and acceptance for a long time, but is seeking it in really destructive and damaging ways.

Going hard in the paint.  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I’m sorry; policy wise he’s probably worse or on par if she’s too stupid to understand what she’s doing. Jimmy is fucking absolutely terrible. 

But I’m not sure there’s a bigger fraud that has been foisted on the Austin public over the last 10 years than Kelly. She is the person that I detest the most in this world. She, Trump, Adler, and Herman probably are in a 4-way tie. 

I like Jimmy, did he run over your cat or something?  Or perhaps you aren’t recalling the utter embarrassment that was Don Zimmerman?

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

No she’s not. Lol.  If she’s being vetted for bigger things the GOP in Texas is utterly retarded and I might as well stop voting altogether. 

This is gonna cross into CR and I’ll refrain but will say his policies are lunacy and terrible for Austin. 

I think it’s okay to elaborate on the politics of a POLITICAL institution.  Besides that, if they are as insane as you suggest then it should be obvious without personal commentary (I.e., the essence of “going cloakroom”) 

Houston had their own version of an out of control city council member a few years back, Helena Brown. She received a grand total of 3K votes in a run-off race that had only 8% voter turnout. She would spout off on UN conspiracy theories and hold up vote after vote. She lost her re-election bid 2 years later.

During her first year in office, Brown voted against hundreds of agenda items, many of them projects in other members’ districts. Among the nays: repairing an airport runway; building storm sewers; funding an after-school program; reducing lead hazards; providing the homeless with transportation to medical care; offering HIV screenings; repairing roads; buying vehicles and equipment for the Houston Police Department; offering training and job placement to developmentally disabled adults; housing AIDS patients; feeding the elderly; cleaning swimming pools; and renovating a shelter for abused women and children. That was just through mid-March.

Brown often voted alone. During her first six months in office, she cast the solitary “no” vote a staggering 206 times.

https://www.houstonpress.com/news/whos-behind-helena-brown-6594753

https://www.texasobserver.org/helena-handbasket-one-bizarre-year-in-the-life-of-houstons-strangest-politician/

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Get ready to have the first tuesday in November free in even years. Yes, I know it's ridiculous, but here we are. 

Yeah.....her "qualities" are now a feature, not a bug.  This is the prototype candidate for office for them now.  And buckle up....it's only going to get nuttier.

5 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I mean she is going to get elected and she’s crazy. Flanigan is not much better. Shoulda gone with the Doctor. She’s the only one worthy of that seat. Voting for Kelly is lunacy. People in Austin are morons. 

She's legit nuts.  WTF are you folks doing down there that someone like that can actually get elected and hold public office?  She's certifiable (for real).

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

What brisket is trying to say is nobody gives a shit about qualifications.   They look at the jersey/helmet.   

That's not all he's saying. He's saying the new norm is that people have no problem voting for stupid and crazy, even when it's plastered on a billboard. 

1 hour ago, NorthLoop said:

That's not all he's saying. He's saying the new norm is that people have no problem voting for stupid and crazy, even when it's plastered on a billboard. 

Here's the one nice thing about fitlump, besides the lulz she provides:  You know exactly who she is.  Everything bad or crazy she's done, has been done in full view of the public.  Except for the Lance Armstrong thing, although not for a lack of trying with the text messages on blast.

But everything else bad or crazy, she documented it herself across various social media platforms (including Shaggy).

She has provided a treasure trove of information for people to decide on their own whether she's fit for office or not, and whatever judgements they make, reflect more on them than anything she has done.

• Hook 'Em 2

The general media hasn’t picked up on any of her old school craziness though. If anyone around here remembers it firsthand, I may have an opportunity. I didn’t pay close enough attention because it never occurred to me that this person could get this close to being elected.

DMs are open.

1 hour ago, skittlebrau said:

The general media hasn’t picked up on any of her old school craziness though. If anyone around here remembers it firsthand, I may have an opportunity. I didn’t pay close enough attention because it never occurred to me that this person could get this close to being elected.

DMs are open.

They all know. No one wants to cover it.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, skittlebrau said:

DMs are open.

The wayback links are in this thread.  The pics, the lies, all of it.

• immamac changed the title to Fitlump fucking won an Austin City Council seat