Fitlump fucking won an Austin City Council seat

atomheartbevo

18 hours ago, Pasken said:

No it wouldn't have. Manly is pulling officer reps assigned to districts and telling communities that it's because he's been defunded when council asked he specifically not do that. Shit politics of the Ken Cassedey variety to get loons elected to council.  

Interesting. APD has claimed to be understaffed for years, this class has been frozen for months, and their funding was reduced. Even if police funding reform works for the best in the long term, were you expecting there to be no short term negative impact to policing? If so, how? 

20 hours ago, Pasken said:

No it wouldn't have. Manly is pulling officer reps assigned to districts and telling communities that it's because he's been defunded when council asked he specifically not do that. Shit politics of the Ken Cassedey variety to get loons elected to council.  

What did you think he was going to have to do? If you make things so shitty that all of the people eligible for retirement quit just to get away, and you cut out all of the cadet classes in the pipeline to replace those people, you have to make cuts somewhere. What is more important? Having community reps, or having patrol officers?

It's almost as if "defunding the police" was a knee jerk reaction and those championing it never looked at the actual, real consequences of what it would mean beyond the 5 seconds it took them to come up with it.

Honestly, what did you actually think was going to happen when such a massive percentage of the APD budget was taken away on two months notice? Did you think that nothing would change and no cuts would need to be made? If you think the immediate repercussions are bad, just wait until you see the crime stats over the next few years. There is no math anywhere  where you can cut massive chunks of a departments budget and make things better. That does not exist in any capacity whatsoever. 

So you got your police defunding, congrats. Now live with the results.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Orange&White said:

It's almost as if "defunding the police" was a knee jerk reaction and those championing it never looked at the actual, real consequences of what it would mean beyond the 5 seconds it took them to come up with it.

Kidding, right?  That wet rag Adler and the lunatics on the council doing something and then worrying about consequences later?  Come on....

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:
7 hours ago, Pasken said:

Good website. Would read again. Have shared the link with 3 of my friends who live in district 6.

The video compilation with the burlesque music is great.

18 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Its not clear to me that those images will even be a net detriment for fitlump at this point. Shit, if she relaunches her used panty sales now,  she'll probably triple her fundraising. 

She’ll claim she’s a first responder helping stop the spread of the Covid...

206760A1-2BAE-40FF-A115-19733B3D2EA0.jpeg

Did she give an excuse as to why she had to back out?  I obviously don't follow her on social media.  I mean except her cam girl channel but we no eh-supposed to use our real names

4 minutes ago, B00M said:

I may disagree with Flannigan on most things but head to head he was gonna clown Lump. 

Oh that, I believe. His view of himself and of Council's role in this city is wildly distorted.  but he's s sharp, sharp cat, and really witty after a few beers.  If he wasn't such a lying asshole to friends of mine at City Hall, I'd like to be friends with him.  

I was asking upthread if anybody had heard from Fitlump's social media or campaign site why she had to back out so suddenly.  Without any official campaign announcement, she conveniently can't make this thing right after that white supremacist harassment video comes out and her public debate with Jimmy.  Odd timing, Kelly.  I mean, if it's something medical---I don't want to crack wise.  But I'm guessing it's something more along her lines of bullshit like a cross-fit emergency or she had to pose for a special holiday circular for Fiesta Grocery, or she decided she wasn't going to live in fear of Covid-19 and is busy tonight traveling across the country to have Thanksgiving with her 80-person extended family in "a city where their council doesn't punish their citizens who want to peacefully and responsibly gather to celebrate Jesus' first feast with the Native Indian & Asian Americans."  

Edited by Lobo

33 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Oh that, I believe. His view of himself and of Council's role in this city is wildly distorted.  but he's s sharp, sharp cat, and really witty after a few beers.  If he wasn't such a lying asshole to friends of mine at City Hall, I'd like to be friends with him.  

I was asking upthread if anybody had heard from Fitlump's social media or campaign site why she had to back out so suddenly.  Without any official campaign announcement, she conveniently can't make this thing right after that white supremacist harassment video comes out and her public debate with Jimmy.  Odd timing, Kelly.  I mean, if it's something medical---I don't want to crack wise.  But I'm guessing it's something more along her lines of bullshit like a cross-fit emergency or she had to pose for a special holiday circular for Fiesta Grocery, or she decided she wasn't going to live in fear of Covid-19 and is busy tonight traveling across the country to have Thanksgiving with her 80-person extended family in "a city where their council doesn't punish their citizens who want to peacefully and responsibly gather to celebrate Jesus' first feast with the Native Indian & Asian Americans."  

My guess is that she was forwarded the link from above and she's not ready to try to address everything it shows.  No doubt that Flannigan has seen it and at some point an interviewer is going to ask about it.

47 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Isn't it sort of standard for lying to be more the case than the exception at City Hall?  Or has Flannigan taken it to another level or something? 

• Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

I was asking upthread if anybody had heard from Fitlump's social media or campaign site why she had to back out so suddenly.  Without any official campaign announcement, she conveniently can't make this thing right after that white supremacist harassment video comes out and her public debate with Jimmy.  

There's always a tweet.

Dr. Jen would probably beat both of them.

Well we all just inadvertently answered my prolonged question...did Mackenzie indicate why she had to cancel tonight's debate? 

Yes, yes she did.

Her dress is at the dry-cleaner.  And her dry-cleaner has Covid.  Mystery solved.  

22 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Well we all just inadvertently answered my prolonged question...did Mackenzie indicate why she had to cancel tonight's debate? 

Yes, yes she did.

Her dress is at the dry-cleaner.  And her dry-cleaner has Covid.  Mystery solved.  

She can't remember on whose floor she left her dress.

• Haha 1

• immamac changed the title to Fitlump fucking won an Austin City Council seat