Fitlump fucking won an Austin City Council seat

atomheartbevo

34 minutes ago, Pasken said:

No clue how legit this is. Supposedly there are court docs. 

twitter-Gm36-OKv-H.jpg

Yawn, that’s pretty common around here.  My old company sent my new company one after 4 people made the same move I did.  It’ll stop HR from hiring people from that company for a few months but that’s normally all they do unless you are a direct competitor.  Out of all the things out there this is pretty meh.

10 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

Yawn, that’s pretty common around here.  My old company sent my new company one after 4 people made the same move I did.  It’ll stop HR from hiring people from that company for a few months but that’s normally all they do unless you are a direct competitor.  Out of all the things out there this is pretty meh.

Well they actually took this to court, it looks like.

E%20%20_%2020%20Verified%20Petition%20Fo

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah, the opportunities for shenanigans are.......limitless.

Aye, but Jimmy Flannigan's shenanigans are cheeky and fun. 

FitLump's shenanigans are cruel and tragic.  Which makes them not shenanigans at all, really.  Evil shenanigans.  

Edited by Lobo

On 11/25/2020 at 7:47 PM, J.R. Juniors Junior Jr. said:

This get posted here yet?

image.thumb.png.ea5e9286132c7caf0085afd38e870bba.png

Jimmy posted on Reddit about the incident, good discussion of her character follows:

honestly, this makes flannigan look like a beta-fag bitch.  not man enough to stand up for himself.

i have no dog in this fight. but a pussy is a pussy.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

54 minutes ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

honestly, this makes flannigan look like a beta-fag bitch.  not man enough to stand up for himself.

While Flannigan does prolong it probably longer than necessary.....there's two facts there...First---he's woefully outnumbered.  It appears to be him and one friend and there seems to be at least 4 asshats surrounding his car (who knows though, could be a dozen cops off-camera for all we know).  Second is there have been a number of credible threats against public officials in 2020.  Not saying this bike gang guy is one of them, but there have been substantial threats made against a number of elected politicians this year by people of one side of the aisle against another side of the aisle.  The FBI agrees with me statistically and completely.  But we can't talk about law enforcement outside of the CR, which should be our first fucking indicator that something is rotten in Denmark (besides the Zombie Minks).  Anyway, Jimmy does just drag thing out presumably for publicity.  But facts are facts---a Gay Liberal Elected Official was a bit worried about what this fucking psychotic asshole might do.  I don't agree with Jimmy's politics but I don't fault him at all for being slightly worried about these pieces of human shit who were clearly threatening him.  

It's funny that the kind of people who would vote for FitLump (not saying you are in that group) are the kind of people that think labeling people is still okay.  Maybe Jimmy was being a pussy.  But FitLump is a dumb cunt and so is every piece of shit that votes for her.  Stupid People Vote for Stupid Candidates and Win Stupid Prizes.  Film at 11.  

1 hour ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

You go around calling people Betas? Do you also call them soy drinkers? Good lord.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Never heard of these “proud boys” before this riot year. Who are they, Boy Scout rejects who got laughed at by the Bandidos?

They were founded by a guy, Gavin McInnes, who filmed himself on live TV/streaming video, shoving a dildo up his ass to make some kind of point about how he doesn't actually hate gay people or something.

Almost like a disaster scientist running around in a pandemic without a mask?

Edited by atomheartbevo

On 11/25/2020 at 6:04 PM, Lobo said:

Aye, but Jimmy Flannigan's shenanigans are cheeky and fun. 

Lying assholes aren’t usually fun or cheeky or cute.  They're just assholes.  Especially ones that  also like to skate on money owed to others and whatever else. 

Kelly and everything around her seem like unfiltered garbage,. Flannigan’ seems to have slime on his business card.  She definitely has scoreboard on him but sketchy people are sketchy people. Red, blue. Black, white. Whatever.  

Ward has gotten off the rails but one thing he subscribes to is still accurate  - 99% of all politicians are scum (existing ones or wannabes).  So none of this should be a surprise. 

Dude, it was just a "Super Troopers" reference.  

Most of those council members came to the dais with good intentions.  They were delusional about the execution of improving mobility, helping the homeless, making Austin more affordable, etc.  But they at least wanted to help.  And then they met Mayor Adler.  And although he's not in possession of any leadership traits or a passion-filled platform of making Austin a great place to live again...he discretely shows each council member how to game the system.  If they go along with him on a key pet projects, he lets them in on the grift in other facets of the city.  These council members are old enough and smart enough to know what they're getting into, but they side with him almost lockstep these days because of what else he can offer them.  

I pick on Flannigan, Pool, and Garza.  And I fucking rail on Casar and Kitchen.  And all for good reason and from long experience with each of them.  

But the true asshole in all this, the beyond corrupt grifter-in-chief is Steve Adler.  The guy was an also-ran has-been for decades in this town.  Then he realizes his soft-spoken, funeral director leadership style would be perfect for fooling Austin.  I thought he'd be just another quiet, ceremonial mayor as has been our custom in Austin for awhile now.  But I didn't realize his true gift was in cajoling council members into following him into the ether.  That's where his evil lies.  

14 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

Lying assholes aren’t usually fun or cheeky or cute.  They're just assholes.  Especially ones that  also like to skate on money owed to others and whatever else. 

Kelly and everything around her seem like unfiltered garbage,. Flannigan’ seems to have slime on his business card.  She definitely has scoreboard on him but sketchy people are sketchy people. Red, blue. Black, white. Whatever.  

Ward has gotten off the rails but one thing he subscribes to is still accurate  - 99% of all politicians are scum (existing ones or wannabes).  So none of this should be a surprise. 

They're both idiots. 

50 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Had to scroll back to see which one you were talking about. Thought it might’ve been the one where we bought a bunch of Girl Scout cookies from the bar owners daughter

Hahaha, shit was I there for that one?

The night I'm referring to involved way too much OG 4 loko with Northloop and radical Larry. 

• Haha 1

On 11/18/2020 at 11:44 AM, BearSchlong said:

ricardo davit quintanar is a convicted child molester who used to take way too many mussel pics on FB.  It's hazy to me but IIRC Mackenzie Kelly was friends with him IRL, along with giraffe boy and quagmire?

The last decade of weird shit from this community just runs together sometimes.

http://www.shaggytexas.com/board/showthread.php/119045-My-frend-ricky-post-wayyy-too-many-mussel-pics-on-FB!!

315329_10151910698745347_605021815_n.jpg

RickyEnron_700_zps23545918.jpg

I actually ran across him at the gym once, almost wanted to talk to him for the lulz...didn’t have another chance before he ended up in prison. 

Used to live in those apartments off of Monterey Oaks back when Boomerz was the only bar in the area (pre-Moontower, even pre-Doc's). I never, ever ended up even remotely sober when we ended up there. What a shithole. Love that place.

Edited by BradInATX

11 hours ago, BradInATX said:

Used to live in those apartments off of Monterey Oaks back when Boomerz was the only bar in the area (pre-Moontower, even pre-Doc's). I never, ever ended up even remotely sober when we ended up there. What a shithole. Love that place.

Detour wasn't around then?  I saw it just recently changed its name.

9 minutes ago, J.R. Juniors Junior Jr. said:

Detour wasn't around then?  I saw it just recently changed its name.

My early 20s were a bit of a blur, but IIRC Detour came in a little bit later, I think around the same time Doc's did. I just remember that if we weren't going downtown or to Midnight Rodeo, the "local" option was Boomerz.

I think there was another bar in that spot 20 years ago, but it certainly wasn't Detours.  I think Detours came online around 2005/06.  

Pos rep to the Boomerz references above.  Been about 10 years since I've been there.  Never a dull night in that joint.  We used to play sand volleyball swim with the talent at all those monterrey oaks apartment complexes in the summer and head down to Boomerz at night.  This was circa 2000-02.  My then girlfriend/now-wife was cool enough to come with us a few times once we started seriously dating (nothing impresses a girl like the bartender at Boomerz knowing your name and your discounted longneck of choice).  

My all-time favorite Boomerz story was awhile after we hung there, we had stopped in for nostalgia and Sweet 16 action (also the working title of the bar).  Robbie was the bartender, as per usual.  We went there to watch the Texas/Xavier NCAA tourney game in 2004.  It was a Friday during lent so Robbie was doing a fish fry out back in the alley.  Don't remember the details but I'm sure in Boomerz fashion, since it was illegal for them to sell food, it was probably some beer and a shot deal where you happened to get a bar napkin with a piece of fried catfish in it for $5.  What sticks out though is Robbie, wearing his usual board shorts and flip-flops ensemble, goes out back to "check on the fryer" for about ten minutes.  Leaves some barfly in charge of the bar during half-time.  He comes back and for some inexplicable reason his board shorts are soaking wet.  He's dripping water everywhere he goes, almost busts ass behind the bar.  There's no swimming facility for 2 miles in any direction. 

Then a long-time regular walks in behind Robbie who was "helping him the with the fryer" and he sits down next to us and tells us one of the great bar stories of all-time.  He says earlier that day he was in Boomerz and a guy was in there who he'd never see before.  Guy is getting hammered and reveals he can't pay his tab, but that  if Robbie can wait, he'll drive up 290/Mopac to his bank near Wal-Mart.  There, he can cash his Friday paycheck and will come back, pay his tab, and buy everybody a round.  Robbie gives me a nod like, "listen to this shit, it just happened."  This regular tells me this other guy left for a bit, comes hauling ass back in 15 minutes later, and plunks down a couple hundred bucks on the bar and announces he's buying for the next couple of hours.  Turns out the guy had a handgun on him, he robbed that bank of several thousand dollars, and instead of making his way outta town and laying low---he returned to Boomerz, a man of his word, and bought drinks for everyone.  Later that afternoon, the cops picked him up, and had just left Boomerz questioning people about him before we got there to watch the hoops game.  

But the best part is that people were more phased by Robbie's dripping swim trunks at the fish fry than they were about the fact they were all almost accomplices to a bank robbery.  Just another Friday afternoon at South Austin's best bar---Boomerz.  Still in business last I checked.  Shine on your magnificent bastards.  

Edited by Lobo

We probably did.  Not 100% sure which apartment complex it was in that little triangle area, two college buddies of mine lived there after UT (we'd drive down from South Congress/Travis Heights).  Whichever one had the two courts next to each other, with the grilling area just to the SE of it (IIRC).  It would have been summers of 2000, 2001, and 2002.  We'd play there, grill dinner, and hit Boomerz for weeks on end every summer.  Mixture of girlfriends and apartment talent.  What a time to be alive.  Brings back great memories.  

8 minutes ago, Lobo said:

We probably did.  Not 100% sure which apartment complex it was in that little triangle area, two college buddies of mine lived there after UT (we'd drive down from South Congress/Travis Heights).  Whichever one had the two courts next to each other, with the grilling area just to the SE of it (IIRC).  It would have been summers of 2000, 2001, and 2002.  We'd play there, grill dinner, and hit Boomerz for weeks on end every summer.  Mixture of girlfriends and apartment talent.  What a time to be alive.  Brings back great memories.  

Great memories indeed. Those were some of the best summers to be had. I lived at the Archstone Monterey Ranch which is the one that has the volleyball court visible from the street, so we played there. Not sure which one had two courts. I also lived at Sedona Springs on the same road briefly, so yours must have been the one complex on Monterey Oaks that I didn't live in. I've happened by it a few times on prime summer days now 15 years later and never see anyone playing, which makes me sad. Although younger kids who are going to do that might be priced out of that area at this point. It was like $500 or $600/month back then. It's probably triple that now.

Volleyball, Boomerz, and South Austin talk not going away.

Edited by BradInATX

• immamac changed the title to Fitlump fucking won an Austin City Council seat