Fitlump fucking won an Austin City Council seat

atomheartbevo

4 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

This is exactly what is happening. Not quite apples to apples but this is why Trump got elected in the first place. It’s like extremist views must be combatted with extremist people. 

Austinites - not just people in that district - have themselves to blame. 

I agree with you about who's to blame, but Jimmy Flannigan is probably the least ideological member of council in terms of how he votes than anybody since Lee Leffingwell was on the Will Wynn council. 

3 hours ago, Samson's Wig said:

We live in District 10, so personally I'm more interested in Kelly's cuckoo counterpart Virden losing her race with Alter.  I don't know that Virden has anything in her past to rival fitlump's shenanigans, but she might be even more empty upstairs.   The northwest part of Austin needs serious leadership in place with the giant gaping mess that is AISD and the very serious forces working to destroy the only schools that are actually functioning in the district.  To that end, be sure and vote for Caballero for school board if you can.  

As far as I'm concerned Alter and Virden are interchangeable. Virden is Trumpy and Alter is a partisan democrat, but that stuff really means jack shit on the dais. They agree on the issues that are most important to the people who elected Alter. That being said, Alter is going to win and it won't be close. 

1 hour ago, TKthunder2 said:

Same.  However that runoff has gotten pretty contentious too.  Reportedly Alters people sent around a door flier with a picture of Virden photoshopped with a MAGA hat and was telling people that Virden would help open a “resort” on old Spicewood Springs road.

To be clear, Alter's team are the same people who ran the whisper campaign that Randi Shade, Jewish Lesbian Richards appointee who had kids with her domestic partner wife was a secret Republican and was part of a realtor conspiracy to tear down historic homes in Hyde Park. 

18 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

If Kelly loses it will be due to those goons-gone-wild video(s) from Flannigan's gatherings.  Those were the tipping points.   Most would cast aside Kelly's history sheerly as meh to see someone / anyone take a seat with a different point of view as an offset to the maniacal lunacy that currently exists in city hall.   Wouldn't matter if it was maniacal lunacy from the right side, at all. It would just be a different voice because, as is, the current council is a viewed a cult-like tribe where votes on major issues are an afterthought with no meaningful dissent, dialogue or discussion.  None.  The only question is to see who can get in line quickly enough to vote like the person in front of them.   

But the aforementioned videos were abrasive, buffoonish and ultimately scary.  And Kelly's association with / and failure to distance herself from those cretins will end up costing her. She wasn't going to distance herself because she likes the thugs but it will still be her death knell because fear and (documented, viral) intimidation are two things you don't want to have as part of your platform.   

Now, watch her win by double digits.... 

I agree with this completely, including the possibility that she wins by double digits. 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I know you didn’t intend to compare Fatass and Crenshaw, and instead the runoff process. But the comparison to Crenshaw makes me smirk. I wonder if a position like what Crenshaw has is what Bozo thinks the GOP has planned for Kelly. I’m picturing her and her tired red dress going on Bill Maher. 

Nah, I’m thinking more like a Jonathan Strickland type trajectory. But who knows, right? If Majorie Taylor Green and Louis Gohmert can be in Congress, she can too.

4 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I don’t know how close she is to whack jobs, versus, rather,  how much those whack jobs hate Flannigan and operate independently of her. I don’t really care.

Her “extremism” is her constant lying, attention whoring, and vapid brain. 

She hangs out with the Alex Jones crowd, and has thrown out a shout-out to Qanon on twitter.

Combine that with her Shaggy past, her fabled credentials/resume, etc.

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

She hangs out with the Alex Jones crowd, and has thrown out a shout-out to Qanon on twitter.

Combine that with her Shaggy past, her fabled credentials/resume, etc.

Am I the only one that was really offended by the prolific twitter plagiarism? I mean who freaking does that?

10 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I believe you, but for me, that doesn’t matter. She’s such a vapid whore that her beliefs (if they are true beliefs and I doubt that) should be totally inconsequential. 

Agreed.   This kind of alludes to what Bozo, Lobo, and others have said, and perhaps what Ramjet has photoshopped, but she is whatever the crowd in front of her wants her to be.  She is an empty vessel that folks can pour themselves into.

This could be her perfect calling, and at $75,000 a year, it'll be the best job she ever has.  Assuming she shows up more than two times.

If she wins, Austin will have elected somebody that is an Eskimo sister with Sheryl Crow.

• Hook 'Em 1

Kinda weird and I'm sure absolutely no coincidence.  I just got my first phone call from a Williamson County prefix in a decade.  Shows up as being our near Thrall, TX.  512-399-8066   Woman with a kinda raspy and deep voice asks for me by name.  None of the usual background noise hallmark of a call center.  She's obviously onto us here.  Really funny timing IMO.

Anyway, refresh the voter page.  How's our girl doing?  Other races look surprisingly tight. 

Per KXAN

Travis County Clerk’s Office reports 22,209 people cast ballots in-person and 19,306 people voted by mail during early voting.

What percentage of those are in Kelly's district? Trying to figure out how many votes are left with the 11k or so cast.

All joking aside, I'm not actually rooting for her to win. For Austin in general, and for the guys here who are obviously in or connected to the city government in some fashion. Nobody should have to work with/deal with that high-level combination of stupid and crazy. That woman is batshit and shouldn't be anywhere near a position of authority.

Edited by BradInATX

Flanigan started in a hole of 500 after ~7,000 early votes. He's since made up 60 votes out of the 4,620 election day results reported so far. There are about 4,300 votes left for his district, if the ratios of votes stays consistent between districts 6 and 10. If that holds he'll make up another 60-70 votes with the remaining E-Day ballots. She's up by 435.

Sum sum... she gon' win by about 350 votes.

ETA: I don't know anything about the individual precincts up there because north Austin is shitty and I strive to know it as little as possible. There could be Jimmy-heavy precincts that haven't come in yet, so I guess there's a chance. 

Gritty News Network warming up to call the race for her.

Edited by BradInATX

Yeah, I need a local expert to chime in.  But just scrolling over some of those precincts...there are some serious binary outliers up there.  They are both winning some precincts 70-30 that are literally right up against another precinct that's 70-30 the other way.  I don't know about that map honestly.  It's supposed to be official but it has my district voting in the AISD board seats, and we're not in AISD.  Around 35-40% of Austin residents don't live in AISD, I dunno why that's so fucking hard for even our own government to understand.  I think there's now 6 other school districts that have students from the City of Austin attending them.  And I mean zoned for that, not magnet or charter school stuff.  /rant

Anyway, all that to say...there's some weird shit about these precinct maps. There's also a cutoff out there in Lakeway that's not really accurate and it's heavily for Flannigan.  I'll reiterate that I think y'all are right, we probably get to a decision within an hour or 90 mts or so.  Awfully strange that they can count Alter's votes 3x faster than they can count Flannigans.  Actually, I know why that is but you know FitLump is gonna make a thing about that.

Edited by Lobo

9:15 p.m.

Mackenzie Kelly leads Jimmy Flannigan by 398 votes for the Austin City Council District 6 seat in the updated combined totals from Travis and Williamson County. Kelly currently has 6,886 votes (51.49%), while Flannigan has 6,488 votes (48.51%).

Flanagan has made up 37 votes in the 1,889 votes counted between 7:15 and now. I'm estimating there's only a few thousand votes left (maybe ~3,000) to count. 

Over It Thank You GIF by QuickBooks

Gritty News Network calls it for Kelly. Have a nice night. Congrats, City Councilwoman-Elect FitLump.

Edited by BradInATX

5 minutes ago, Pasken said:

Well Matt M at Travis county gop is going to try to control her. We’ll see how that goes.

How's the GOP's track record in regards to controlling sociopathic clowns with several personality disorders and a history of failure and legal issues these days? 

Edited by BradInATX
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Fuck, they've got to be close to calling the race.

9:15 p.m.

Mackenzie Kelly leads Jimmy Flannigan by 398 votes for the Austin City Council District 6 seat in the updated combined totals from Travis and Williamson County. Kelly currently has 6,886 votes (51.49%), while Flannigan has 6,488 votes (48.51%).

FUUCCCCKKKKKKKK

9:30 p.m.

Mackenzie Kelly has won the runoff with 52.25% of the vote (7,875 votes), defeating opponent Jimmy Flannigan, who earned 7,198 votes. Kelly will be elected to the Austin City Council District 6 seat.

Alison Alter has won the runoff with 51.22% of the vote (12,348 votes), defeating opponent Jennifer Virden, who earned 11,761 votes. Alter will be elected to the Austin City Council District 10 seat.

Shawn F. Hood has won the District 2 spot on Georgetown’s City Council, defeating opponent Lisa King. Hood ended with 66.54% of the vote and 857 votes.

• immamac changed the title to Fitlump fucking won an Austin City Council seat