Fitlump fucking won an Austin City Council seat

atomheartbevo

1 minute ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

We are living in a simulation.

Agree.  As I sit here listening to meaningless standup calls while typing on this keyboard, I'm starting to wonder.  Maybe I don't have life figured out.  Lump is making $ moves while I listen to useless PMs, Scrum whatevers, and shitty coders fight with woke testing teams.  Fuck me. 

17 minutes ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

Agree.  As I sit here listening to meaningless standup calls while typing on this keyboard, I'm starting to wonder.  Maybe I don't have life figured out.  Lump is making $ moves while I listen to useless PMs, Scrum whatevers, and shitty coders fight with woke testing teams.  Fuck me. 

If selling your soul and whoring out your conscience to whatever comes around with absolutely no moral and ethical considerations = making life moves, then your perspective on the situation needs to change.

• Hook 'Em 1

Hah.  She won.  I can’t believe.  Actually, I can. 

Didn’t matter what Flannigan did or didn’t do in this race.  Those goonish videos were the best campaign material he could ever have.   Dream material against an opponent. But it wasn’t going to matter.  People were and are sick of the shit. And, yeah, it probably starts with the homeless situation. There’s plenty, but you can start there.  By the day, it’s an unbridled embarrassment and growing by the day. We have $65MM / year dedicated to helping the homeless and this is the best we can do?  Expanding villages of filth, feces and garbage?  Hell, we have so much money in the homeless budget that we can’t even figure out how to spend all  of it.  Yet, look what we have. Every single, batshit crazy council member that continues to support and enable the homeless fiasco needs to be thrown out on their asses, yesterday.  And they need to land on top of Adler who should be thrown out first along with his oversized Sombrero. 

Yeah, Kelly is a clown.  Guess what?  She’s joining a clan of clowns.  In a circus whose ringleader is a wet ragged, hypocritical, slimy piece-of-shit.   Kelly better buckle up because she is going to get pummeled.  And I hope she reciprocates and rains down torment upon every one else in that chamber.   Because they all deserve each other.   Crap is crap. 

At least it’s over.  The prognostications can end and Bart Scott said it best.   We can now move on to stocking up on popcorn.  By the time Kelly is sworn in there won’t be enough of it. 
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

If selling your soul and whoring out your conscience to whatever comes around with absolutely no moral and ethical considerations = making life moves, then your perspective on the situation needs to change. simulation we're living in is spot on.

fify

38 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Hey look a FitLump voter!

Not in the district and wouldn’t do so if the case.  Read the thread.  I think Kelly is pure garbage.

I don’t differentiate between crap, existing or to be sworn in, regardless of what side of the aisle it’s on.   But I pretty much hate all politicians and don't hesitate in saying so. 

1 hour ago, phdhorn said:

Does anyone have a full-size gif of her doing her "football fast step" workout?  We need to post that prominently.

The only thing that's left to make this a perfect world is to find out down the line that Greg Casar is fucking around with her.  Please Number One, make it happen!

I've been looking for that gif for awhile now. Can't find it anywhere.

2 hours ago, smokebomb said:

A few comments on this impending train wreck:

1. A challenger seems to always have an advantage in a runoff, especially since their supporters are more likely to to make the effort to come out & vote. Just look at Cruz defeating Dewhurst. Once she made the runoff, she had a very real chance of winning. 
  2. No one should be surprised about the Statesman’s shitty reporting. Armybrat might be the only one here who can remember when they last had any journalistic ability. 
  3. I think she is an awful candidate & will likely do more harm than good for District 6 & Austin but she is a direct result of the Austin City council’s kumbaya, tone-deaf policies. 
  4. For decent a summary of her past internet history, including her Shaggy posts, a reddit poster linked to the following blog archive (may have been posted in this thread earlier): https://archive.is/ivW52

2020 - the gift that just keeps on giving. 

#3 is true & is the most telling about those who support the current city council fuckups.

(#2 - the AAS has never really touched on corruption of the local politicians. The LBJ cabal insured that tradition)

Austin City Council have themselves to blame for this creating this crazy bitch. Homeless free for all, the optics of defunding the police (Yes I know we did not defund the police), crazy expensive bond programs, teeing up every feel good social program, etc. If anything her crazy ass will balance out Cesar, the champion for every got damned thing progressive and the idiot who thinks that homeless have more rights than homeowning tax paying citizens.

CC is a circus now. She's just a new clown in that circus.

52 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

She'll probably be governor some day and then the presidency.

This is accurate.

I wish I was kidding.

This is the model for new American leadership now.  It's only going to get more outlandish.

11 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

This person holds power. We all need to stop and think about shit for a minute in a very real way. The endtimes have begun. 

Begun?  Dude, we're well along the way.  She jumped on an already moving train.  It's only going to get more absurd.

1 hour ago, MissingInAction said:

I just spammed all her support tweets with the archive link

https://archive.is/ivW52

https://www.texasgop.org/texas-gop-congratulates-mackenzie-kelly-in-austin-city-council-victory/

The apocolypse is upon us.

I just tweeted that archive link to Dade Phelan.

Edited by BearSchlong

I'm much more disappointed that Lugo is now on the school board than I am about Kelly winning.  My money is that Kelly steps down within the year.  Lugo will actively work to destroy what is left of an already crumbling school district, and can actually have an impact.  Kelly won't impact anything (unless that horn rams into something).

17 minutes ago, Samson's Wig said:

I'm much more disappointed that Lugo is now on the school board than I am about Kelly winning.  My money is that Kelly steps down within the year.  Lugo will actively work to destroy what is left of an already crumbling school district, and can actually have an impact.  Kelly won't impact anything (unless that horn rams into something).

She's not going to give up a guaranteed salary.  I think it's more likely she's indicted by the end of her term.