Fitlump fucking won an Austin City Council seat

atomheartbevo

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

No, but I know the right attorney to call for that kinda shit.  And yes, Fitlump offered to sleep with him in the beforetimes.  I'll PM you his name if you're interested (levity aside, he's good at this kinda shit for bars/restaurants).  He's the reason there's a half dozen bars across the street from the Texas School for the Deaf even though that's not supposed to ever be allowed, and because of him...the Torchy's down the street by that middle school is not allowed to have a bar even though they built one out on the patio (they fucked around and found out)l 

You mean Torchy’s actually didn’t know to whom they should slip an envelope full of “donation” cash for a phone call to the right place?
Amateurs.

Edited by Armybrat

That's almost what it came down to.  If you ever go by that Torchy's, look at the east outside area.  There's about a 10-12 stool bartop, shelves custom made to hold bottles, about 4+ beer taps, all the fixin's you'd see on a nicely laid out bar.  They got cocky and thought they'd get the green light so much so they even had the liquor order placed from the distributor.  

I have questions about the sling, but what's with her dour facial expression?  And that jacket her mom knitted her from the crushed velvet seats of the '85 Buick Skylark she was conceived in.  And what the hell is Aaron Reitz doing there, on behalf of TPPF I'm assuming?  

I have questions about the sling, but what's with her dour facial expression?  And that jacket her mom knitted her from the crushed velvet seats of the '85 Buick Skylark she was conceived in.  And what the hell is Aaron Reitz doing there, on behalf of TPPF I'm assuming?  

Reitz was introduced as from the AG’s office.

Back in the day my wife ran one of the women’s cold weather shelters  and occasionally I would do an overnight shift. Super easy volunteer work- for homeless people,  peace and quiet are and incredible luxury so they are usually all asleep by about 8:45-9pm when they get indoors. Seriously. You feel them around 7:30 and they go to sleep immediately after. 
Anyway, we always took in trans women, because Salvation Army is men only, and ARCH (at the time, anyway) was co-ed but trans women had to go by their birth name and as a result would be with the men and therefore in harms way. So anyway we and the other churches would take them in with the women, who never seemed to mind. 
I can’t speak for others, but we were very conscious of Jennifer Gale, who froze to death on the steps of a church in December of 2008, in part because she had no place to go. Jennifer held down jobs. She was smart and articulate and held up a mirror to the indifference of this city. She was just wired different.
Anyway- Austin has a pretty good cold weather shelter system nowadays so between the city, non profits and churches they’ll probably managed to get people off the street  this weekend. Hopefully nobody dies. But it sure would be great to give those who could benefit from it some meaningful work to do and a roof over their head and some medical/psychiatric care and a little decency in their lives. Maybe if we did, we wouldn’t need to pull 1500 people off the street during cold snaps. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 6

Random K-State fan here but I dated a girl this summer who's older brother was a homeless drug addict living in Austin. When covid started her parents bought him a bus ticket back to KS....he lived with her parents for a couple of months and stole some stuff then headed back to Austin because "It's better there"

Nothing more to add besides that besides the whole fitlump becoming a city councilwoman story is wtf/hilarious since I don't live anywhere near Austin. 

Edited by Ted Dantzler
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

6 hours ago, Ted Dantzler said:

Nothing more to add besides that besides the whole fitlump becoming a city councilwoman story is wtf/hilarious since I don't live anywhere near Austin. 

There's been plenty of threads on Shaggy and then Surly about topics that were slow-moving train wrecks, usually coaching or recruiting-related, and we all just kind of watch it thinking "surely somebody sees how insane this is, and is going to put the brakes on before the train completely derails."

Not with fitlump though.  Too many people hopped on the train and urged the engineers to speed up.  

5 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

There's been plenty of threads on Shaggy and then Surly about topics that were slow-moving train wrecks, usually coaching or recruiting-related, and we all just kind of watch it thinking "surely somebody sees how insane this is, and is going to put the brakes on before the train completely derails."

Not with fitlump though.  Too many people hopped on the train and urged the engineers to speed up.  

And adding 1 or 2 more council districts just increases the changes of another crazy ass Surlyster making it on council.

12 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

There is no more nauseating radio personality in the history of Austin radio than Todd Jeffries.  His voice, alone, is the stuff bad dreams are made of and alone qualifies for larynx removal.  Preferably without anesthesia.   His opinions are no better than that god awful, grating voice. Take care of one and the other ceases to exist.

Fuck Kelly.  She deserves the seed of Jeffries and would probably allow her soldier / husband to report upon it given the opportunity.

On 2/16/2021 at 4:39 PM, Wally Pryor said:

There is no more nauseating radio personality in the history of Austin radio than Todd Jeffries.  His voice, alone, is the stuff bad dreams are made of and alone qualifies for larynx removal.  Preferably without anesthesia.   His opinions are no better than that god awful, grating voice. Take care of one and the other ceases to exist.

Fuck Kelly.  She deserves the seed of Jeffries and would probably allow her soldier / husband to report upon it given the opportunity.

User(last)name checks out.

On 2/10/2021 at 6:58 PM, Godzillatron said:

3638f5aff720c29d50cdaadce8d9d21f.jpg
Red dress for press conference protesting Candlewood Suites today. What’s up with the sling?

Got the full Wilco court contingent out, State Sen. Schwertner and somebody from the AG’s office.

Crazy to think this was a week ago. Feels like a year.

On 2/16/2021 at 4:39 PM, Wally Pryor said:

Ditto.  I stopped listening to them in the morning (and really for good) because of that guy.  He has a schtick of harassing Don Pryor which stopped being funny the second day (Pryor himself isn't any great shakes but he's much better).  You really wanna have fun with him just tell him any aspect of the press our journalism sucks, and he blows his top.  Thin-skinned but dishes it out to everyone else.  No me likey Jeff Todd (his real name).

On 2/19/2021 at 7:51 AM, phdhorn said:

Ditto.  I stopped listening to them in the morning (and really for good) because of that guy.  He has a schtick of harassing Don Pryor which stopped being funny the second day (Pryor himself isn't any great shakes but he's much better).  You really wanna have fun with him just tell him any aspect of the press our journalism sucks, and he blows his top.  Thin-skinned but dishes it out to everyone else.  No me likey Jeff Todd (his real name).

Don Pryor is the ultimate baby boomer.  That whole show would be better if they just sodomized themselves with Don's drumsticks over and over and grunted non-stop.  Pretty much what it is now anyway.

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Is this our 'lump on my TV?  Also, in her first proclamation on City Council, she swings for the fences with "Jim Spencer Day".

Good for Spencer and glad Mayor Wet Rag took time out of his busy day to sign the proclamation.

Spencer has done more for the city than Adler has or ever will. 

18 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Don’t feel bad for the jerk Jimmy that she replaced.... he has been taken care of by his buddies. Saw this link poste on the Austin City-Data forum.

https://hugepatriot.com/austin-cronyism-jimmy-flannigan-named-president-of-250-million-austin-convention-center-enterprises-inc/

lmao where do yall find those websites? HugePatriot.com??? Dude's twitter feed is nothing but fitlump stanning

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Don’t feel bad for the jerk Jimmy that she replaced.... he has been taken care of by his buddies. Saw this link poste on the Austin City-Data forum.

https://hugepatriot.com/austin-cronyism-jimmy-flannigan-named-president-of-250-million-austin-convention-center-enterprises-inc/

Lengthy history of bad debts, professional failures, broken promises and severely fractured relationships was outlined in this bombshell story from the Austin Bulldog on September 24, 2020

Presidential material right there!  

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, Captainant said:

lmao where do yall find those websites? HugePatriot.com??? Dude's twitter feed is nothing but fitlump stanning

City-Data is a mainstream site where that link was posted. I never heard of the HP before. 
it’ll be great fodder if a local reporter actually checks it out.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/austin/3248691-jimmy-flannigan-scores-cushy-coa-convention.html