Fitlump fucking won an Austin City Council seat

atomheartbevo

28 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

City-Data is a mainstream site where that link was posted. I never heard of the HP before. 
it’ll be great fodder if a local reporter actually checks it out.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/austin/3248691-jimmy-flannigan-scores-cushy-coa-convention.html

They didn’t care about fitlump’s past, nor did they care about that odd consulting company in Florida, not sure why you’d think they’d care about somebody who lost to her.  

When she runs for a state seat, or more likely Congress, it’d be great if somebody revisited that company and those fees she paid   

On 2/25/2021 at 1:30 PM, Armybrat said:

Don’t feel bad for the jerk Jimmy that she replaced.... he has been taken care of by his buddies. Saw this link poste on the Austin City-Data forum.

https://hugepatriot.com/austin-cronyism-jimmy-flannigan-named-president-of-250-million-austin-convention-center-enterprises-inc/

Are you really still active on city-data?

23 minutes ago, ulukinatme said:

She just posted something on Twitter, going to break into the real estate game. That resume is going to look like the definition of ADHD with all her career moves. At least she has the LFL to fall back on.

LOL she couldn't even focus on her council job for more than three months. 

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

I thought Jennifer Gale passed away some time back.   

Having a Marc Ott moment I suppose.

That’s a disservice to Jennifer Gale.  Hell, that’s a disservice to Barnum and Bailey Circus and the Austin Zoo.  All that needs to be spoilered more than it already is.  

1 hour ago, ulukinatme said:

She just posted something on Twitter, going to break into the real estate game. That resume is going to look like the definition of ADHD with all her career moves. At least she has the LFL to fall back on.

One more thing she'll half ass and not finish. 

2 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

I thought Jennifer Gale passed away some time back.   

Not that you were making fun, but Jennifer Gale was smart, held down jobs, took a metric ton of shit from people who hated her because she was different and through it all cared passionately about this town, and froze to death on the steps of a church because there wasn't a safe place that would take her in on the coldest night of the year. 

I'd take Jennifer over half the council. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

and froze to death on the steps of a church because there wasn't a safe place that would take her in on the coldest night of the year.  

Yet Austin claims to give a shit about the homeless and downtrodden. 

3 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

So...she's not graduating from Harvard with her disaster science degree?

Shit, she's in a $75,000 a year (probably the most she's ever made) job on the City Council, with a paid staff, for just a few months, and now she's already looking at a job in real estate, and boasting about it on social media.

That's pretty fucked up.

11 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Not that you were making fun, but Jennifer Gale was smart, held down jobs, took a metric ton of shit from people who hated her because she was different and through it all cared passionately about this town, and froze to death on the steps of a church because there wasn't a safe place that would take her in on the coldest night of the year. 

I'd take Jennifer over half the council. 

My only disagreement with your statement is I'd say more than half.

Ward used to rip on Gale but he was way off and focused on the wrong things, as he did often enough. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I am assuming that the real estate thing is a council related grifting angle. 
Gotta be. It does 2 things (assuming she actually gets her license):
1) more pics of herself online, yard signs (!!!), etc to just keep pushing her "brand"
2) allows her to try to convince gullible buyers that she "knows something" about the property/land they're about to buy (wink, wink)

She's too stupid & late to the game to work the commercial RE angle where the real palm greasing takes place. At best she's one vote that might get a small kickback from a small time dive bar owner. Like free kamikazes on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

My only disagreement with your statement is I'd say more than half.

Ward used to rip on Gale but he was way off and focused on the wrong things, as he did often enough. 

I don't blame him necessarily. She wasn't very nice, she wasn't fun or artsy like Leslie and she did some kooky shit. But she did serve our country in the marines, and she did give voiceless people a voice, and she lived by her principles as well as she could, and I think there's something to be said for a person like that. 

• Hook 'Em 4

If any of y’all know a way towards asking her: 

https://www.kvue.com/mobile/article/news/local/williamson-county/i-just-want-closure-on-18th-anniversary-of-disappearance-rachel-cookes-family-holds-remembrance-ceremony/269-eb05c9fd-9866-4487-9304-a5b10c403033

It would be nice to know what the police have there. Damn she’d be 39 in a few days. 

Love this. Especially the guy in red who definitely cares more what order he’s going to devour his food. Everybody besides the creeper in the striped sweater was previously there until she walked up and asked if she could borrow a few minutes of their time to talk local politics.

“My name is Mackenzie Kelly and I’m a city council representative for the city of Austin...”