Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

The defense contractors have better lobbyists than the military personnel.  When spending started dropping after 2010, it makes sense that the defense contractors had better access to the government tit than the personnel.  That doesn't excuse trying to get back to the 2010 levels.  The current House allocations include the purchase of two more attack subs and a partial payment on a missile sub, for a total expenditure of about 10 billion dollars.  That's the equivalent of $31k for every active duty Navy personnel (319k personnel).  Just for the subs, which is a portion of the new ship building. What's more, Congress tried to include some additional pre-purchasing on other subs which fortunately died, after the Pentagon pushed back on it.  It can't be just spending that is discussed: it's the mission, it's staffing, and it's equipment purchasing.   

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

It seems like this would be a pretty good platform for a candidate. “Hey I’m going to drop our defense budget by like 1% and pay for infrastructure, education, healthcare, and pay off our debt.”

Is that you Bernie!? I see points of his made everyday all over this board and cannot fathom why this man hasn’t had more support here and across America until recently. Why hasn’t he been idk POTUS already? What reason is there? Why? I’ve quoted and referenced him across many subjects w many posters and no response. Even those leaning left. It’s like he doesn’t exist. Do you all have trouble admitting your mistakes? Is that it? If so get the fuck over it. If this man is alive he could really use your fucking support. A man with integrity ethics a conscience and has been right more times than anyone in politics. Even when he is the only one willing to stand up. What is the problem? Please someone anyone explain it to me with facts. Not some boogeyman arguments. It’s almost as mind boggling as President Trump.

19 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Lol so again you deduced that we have a workload of a 40 man office even when i states we had a 110 man workload You’re wrong. But I wouldn’t expect you to understand.  When I saidnhaving leave cancelled because we now don’t have enough manning to do the mission someone you think that’s perfectly acceptable saying the job is still gettin accomplished.   You’re partly right because these guys make the mission happen regardless.  Now at 7 Day a week 12 hour day shifts with no leave or time off and no overtime til keep MC rates above 70% that were one time above the majcom standard of 90 mission capability.  But thought processes like yours are the reason why we got cut so deep because you think a 3 person job can be done by 1 person just tell him he can’t go home or have a day off until done 

OK, I have to question something here.  I think most of us have pulled those "all hands on deck" efforts where you work your ass off to get a project done or a proposal written or whatever.  7 days X 12 hrs is extreme, but it happens.  That's an 84 hour week.  I've done it a couple of times in my career, maybe for 3 weeks maximum.  But after that ALL theories of management tend to align on the concept that it's not sustainable.  You just can't drive people that hard indefinitely without suffering severe declines in performance.

Are you actually saying that your team is pulling 7x12 as a matter of course, not as an exception to the rule? 

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

OK, I have to question something here.  I think most of us have pulled those "all hands on deck" efforts where you work your ass off to get a project done or a proposal written or whatever.  7 days X 12 hrs is extreme, but it happens.  That's an 84 hour week.  I've done it a couple of times in my career, maybe for 3 weeks maximum.  But after that ALL theories of management tend to align on the concept that it's not sustainable.  You just can't drive people that hard indefinitely without suffering severe declines in performance.

Are you actually saying that your team is pulling 7x12 as a matter of course, not as an exception to the rule? 

It’s been a longtime since I was in (in the 90s) but the military can pull some insane requirements, even in peacetime.   We are at war, so many personnel in the military don’t get the luxury that civilians do of pushing something off until the next quarter. 

Hell, the Air Force gives combat pilots speed. 

And it’s not the kind of speed that Tom Cruise needs.   It’s the kind that keeps you awake and causes you to fuck up.

5 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I could probably google this, but I'm overcome with laziness:  anybody know what our $ commitment is to salaries and benefits for all military personnel?  I'm gonna guess $50B but that assumes an average of $40K per year and I haven't the foggiest notion of whether that's reasonable.

Are you talking just W-2 wages or including all benefits including allowances? If everything, that is low.

Just now, Brew said:

Are you talking just W-2 wages or including all benefits including allowances? If everything, that is low.

Just wondering what part of our ~ $640B defense budget goes to personnel expenses, however you want to characterize that.  The claim has been made that a cut in defense spending hits the personnel hard . . . 

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Just wondering what part of our ~ $640B defense budget goes to personnel expenses, however you want to characterize that.  The claim has been made that a cut in defense spending hits the personnel hard . . . 

$139B in current year costs and an additional $103B in retirement benefits on the 2016 financial statements.

5 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

Didn't take long for May to get her serving of "Donald has no more use of you, here's a knife in your back"

Serious question though, I'm pretty sure DJT has like a 15% approval rating in the UK. Does that actually hurt her?

Well, the average Brit actually doesn't want Brexit, and they all hate Trump, so I'm pretty sure this helps May.

13 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

Didn't take long for May to get her serving of "Donald has no more use of you, here's a knife in your back"

Serious question though, I'm pretty sure DJT has like a 15% approval rating in the UK. Does that actually hurt her?

lulz at the subheaders.

the sun is a tabloid, the equivalent to fox news or the enquirer, so no surprise donald gave them an interview.

also, lulz, the sun used to have a page 3 feature of a topless woman. i shit you not. look it up, but not on your work device.

Edited by hayden_horn
  • Like 1

lulz at the subheaders.
the sun is a tabloid, the equivalent to fox news or the enquirer, so no surprise donald gave them an interview.
also, lulz, the sun used to have a page 3 feature of a topless woman. i shit you not. look it up, but not on your work device.

Samatha. Fox.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Omg, did you see? Theresa May wore a sleeveless dress when she received the Trumps!

i cannot seem to link it, but may helped trump up the stairs by holding his hand. still cracks me up that the old man is frightened of stairs.

• Like 1

Trump going full White Genocide in that Sun interview.

So I think allowing millions and millions of people to come into Europe is very, very sad.

“I think you are losing your culture. Look around. You go through certain areas that didn’t exist ten or 15 years ago.”

Mr Trump made tackling illegal US immigration one of the planks of his 2016 election campaign.

24 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Sure, but a lot of people don't know that Lincoln was a republican

Republicans who call themselves the party of Lincoln don't seem to know that Lincoln wouldn't have anything to do with their modern ideology. If he were alive today, he'd be a Democrat. 

Just now, WhatTheBuck said:

Republicans who call themselves the party of Lincoln don't seem to know that Lincoln wouldn't have anything to do with their modern ideology. If he were alive today, he'd be a Democrat. 

Which would make him pro-slavery.  Win win!

3 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

There's a reason Trump didn't want anyone in the room with him and Big Daddy Vladimir...

A blowjob is a given. Does the president bend over and take it up the ass? Curious to see Vegas betting lines on that subject. 

LONDON—Saying the first lady’s skills were of the highest caliber he’d ever witnessed, Buckingham Palace guard Robert Addington told reporters Thursday that he was impressed by Melania Trump’s ability to never crack a smile on her visit to London. “There were all sorts of people waving in her face and yelling things at her, hoping that she would break, but she managed to hold that same stern, emotionless expression the entire time. It was incredible,” said Addington, who was in awe over how, even when Prime Minister Theresa May attempted to make the Melania Trump laugh or smile with a joke or by giving her a compliment, not one single muscle moved in the first lady’s face. “Sentries go through months of training to maintain that kind stoicism, and Mrs. Trump’s abilities just blow us out of the water; she’s a natural. It’s inspiring. Even when the president put his arm around her at one point to take a photo, she didn’t flinch. If anything, she just became even more detached.” Addington, who said that there was one point where he almost thought he saw Mrs. Trump relax into a smile after the President walked several feet away from her, acknowledged that it was just his eyes playing tricks on him.

35 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

LONDON—Saying the first lady’s skills were of the highest caliber he’d ever witnessed, Buckingham Palace guard Robert Addington told reporters Thursday that he was impressed by Melania Trump’s ability to never crack a smile on her visit to London. “There were all sorts of people waving in her face and yelling things at her, hoping that she would break, but she managed to hold that same stern, emotionless expression the entire time. It was incredible,” said Addington, who was in awe over how, even when Prime Minister Theresa May attempted to make the Melania Trump laugh or smile with a joke or by giving her a compliment, not one single muscle moved in the first lady’s face. “Sentries go through months of training to maintain that kind stoicism, and Mrs. Trump’s abilities just blow us out of the water; she’s a natural. It’s inspiring. Even when the president put his arm around her at one point to take a photo, she didn’t flinch. If anything, she just became even more detached.” Addington, who said that there was one point where he almost thought he saw Mrs. Trump relax into a smile after the President walked several feet away from her, acknowledged that it was just his eyes playing tricks on him.

Being medicated to the gills does have its side effects.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

lulz at the subheaders.

Young Nicola McLean ftw circa 2001-2008

5 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

At almost 38% of the budget, it would have to be impacted. Plus if we cut back on defense and on the ground troops, there would have to be a headcount reduction as well.

2 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Onion right?  RIGHT?!?

Ronald Reagan too. Well, he would have stayed one anyway.