Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

31 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Ive had this conversation a number of times, in part because most of my friends and professional colleagues are Republicans. That’s pretty much how it’s gone 80% of the time.

And the really sad part is when I ask if they think he’s good for the country, about half of those say that they don’t like a lot of what he does, but they love how he makes liberal types feel.

More encouraging: the other 20% don’t seem to consider themselves Republicans anymore.

Supporting a traitor is totally worth it, so long as it makes other Americans with whom you disagree upset.  

Signed, 

All Republicans 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Mapache said:

I asked a Trump supporter that I know if its found and proven by Mueller that he (dotard) did work with and encourage the Russians to undermine, disrupt and influence the 2016 election would he still support Trump? His reply, "sure...anything is better that having Hillary in office". So, yes they are in fact, fucking traitors.

See here's the deal....it will never be "proven" in the minds of most Trumptards. It doesn't matter what Mueller finds because of all the "deep-state" bullshit those stupid fucking rubes buy into. It's been trumps strategy the entire time.

I suspect we'll have several non believers on this very site. Never mind that Mueller is a life long Republican with a stellar history of service to thithis country, when he exposes all of Trumps bullshit, Mueller will become the criminal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

If there is anything that everyone can agree upon, it’s how hilarious Trumps meeting with the queen has been. “Journalism” is freaking out at his faux pas’ with the her, for every little minor nuance he’s not doing, like walking in front of her or making her wait a few minutes or eating before her, etc. If nothing else we can all admit it’s hilarious he is ignoring (probably on accident and he’s really doing his best to show royal respect and follow rules he’s just clumsy and obtuse) that royalty and aristocracy feel like they should be adhered to as if their rule and authority extends beyond their bubble. 

I for one appreciate the humor.

Trump is essentially saying, we are equals and/or you might be a notch below me and us actually.

Completely dumb as shit take. 

You treat old ladies with respect, whether they’re the fucking queen or some losers aunt like your aunt. Sorry your parents never taught you that but what does it matter, you’re just a troll anyway. 

• Like 6

Aside from being a lady who is still motoring and functional at 92 (which in itself demands huge props) she is the literal face of the British Empire past, current and future.  You disrespect her, you disrespect the whole country.  It's the office he is disrespecting. 

You think he could have at least binged on a little of the Crown before he went.    After everything she has gone through as Queen of England, all the great statesmen she has known, I surely hope her last official act isn't receiving the orange bozo. 

Edited by pyrohornIII
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

After everything she has gone through as Queen of England, all the great statesmen she has known, I surely hope her last official act isn't receiving the orange bozo.  

It is shameful when you put it in perspective. When you consider people like Churchill, FDR, Eisenhower, JFK, Ghandi, Monther Theresa, Neil Armstrong interacted with the queen with respect but Trumpkins think Donald Trump is above of her. Its ludicrous.

The historic people above all behaved with dignity regarding the Queen and Trump is a fucking sulphuric dog fart compared to them.

I blame hill billy iconoclasm for this behavior.

Edited by F250
  • Like 5

All the Trump minions taking about how it's no big deal when it comes to the Queen and other such protocol things. I guarant-damn-tee you that if someone didn't say Mr. President, or stand for him, or some other protocol thing Fox News and everyone would scream bloody murder. 

6 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

My point is it is awesome that the minor things, the nuanced stupid things that only are relevant when interacting with Trump and are designed to put Trump above you and let you know your station, are being flouted.

Fify

Just now, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Not sure I understand your point. 

It's that way with the Queen because of the royalty thing. Trump is a narcissist who does everything he can to make everyone know that their position is beneath his, including other world leaders who are as you say are his peers. He would love to be king and lop of the heads of those who don't bow to him. 

11 hours ago, triplehorn said:

Why didn't Mitch McConnell do anything about it?  He was briefed at the highest levels about evidence of the ongoing Russian incursion into our electoral infrastructure and active ties between Russia and the Trump campaign in the summer of 2016.  He refused a strong bi-partisan response and rebuffed the accuracy of the IC assessments.  He new.  He's complicit.

He also threatened to publicly accuse President Obama of trying to tip the scales in favor of Hillary if he accused Russia publicly.

Just a horrible person.

11 hours ago, triplehorn said:

Why didn't Mitch McConnell do anything about it?  He was briefed at the highest levels about evidence of the ongoing Russian incursion into our electoral infrastructure and active ties between Russia and the Trump campaign in the summer of 2016.  He refused a strong bi-partisan response and rebuffed the accuracy of the IC assessments.  He new.  He's complicit.

He also threatened to publicly accuse President Obama of trying to tip the scales in favor of Hillary if he accused Russia publicly.

Just a horrible person.

34 minutes ago, Mapache said:

I'd bet good money on asylum possibilities and details

Where is the win in that for Russia though?  Let's say he gets so deep in crap he runs to Putin for asylum.  What good is he to Putin after his credibility is ruined here?  Or is it possible he gets played up as some sort of disposed martyr to stir up the trumpkins left behind, thus continuing the divisive actions from within?  Or maybe somehow he could still be of service to those in need of money laundering?  Being a front for the Russian Mob? 

Otherwise I can't see why Putin would give him any special dispensation.  If anything I could see Putin agreeing to some terms to keep trump in his pocket, but keeping his fingers crossed behind his back as he did it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

Where is the win in that for Russia though?  Let's say he gets so deep in crap he runs to Putin for asylum.  What good is he to Putin after his credibility is ruined here?  Or is it possible he gets played up as some sort of disposed martyr to stir up the trumpkins left behind, thus continuing the divisive actions from within?  Or maybe somehow he could still be of service to those in need of money laundering?  Being a front for the Russian Mob? 

Otherwise I can't see why Putin would give him any special dispensation.  If anything I could see Putin agreeing to some terms to keep trump in his pocket, but keeping his fingers crossed behind his back as he did it.

Yeah, Trump is not talking about how he needs asylum. He's absolutely talking to daddy Putin about what else he can do to gain favor or deals he can make to further enrich himself.

49 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Just a horrible person.

49 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Just a horrible person.

You can say that again

1 hour ago, pyrohornIII said:

I don't think that's the topic dujour, but if you believe Russia's main strategy in geopolitics is to raise themselves by lowering everyone else through cultural chaos....you could hypothesize that Russia could give Trump resources to be a political force from inside Russia via social media that would serve to feed dissension in our society. It works for ISIS in finding lone-wolves. You could easily amplify it's strength with Russian intelligence and resource capabilities. 

Yeah...I REALLY don’t know how to think about woke Walsh.

But he’s fuckin’ right.
Of course...because ethnocentrism. My point is it is awesome that the minor things, the nuanced stupid things that only are relevant when interacting with royalty and are designed to put the royalty above you and let you know your station, are being flouted. I’m not specifically talking about things you wouldn’t do for any 92 year old lady like hold open a door or help her up from a chair or something, but the stupid code of little things that the crown makes people do. That is awesome. It’s awesome because England is the country we revolted against and won as revels and it’s awesome because screw your sensibilities, we are peers at worst and can kick your butt if we had to. But we won’t, we like you. 
I guess looking at how three people got butthurt, this is just me, I thought more people would feel the same. I’ve always been confused by the infatuation of women and weirdo guys who read people magazine and buzzfeed and the like and how they enjoy England’s royalty and weddinfs and think we should care , much less kowtow to their Queen and follow their rules that make them feel superior.
and those reflexively “but obama’ing“ are no better than the “but Hilary’s” among us.

I agree with this take more than the “but follow their rules because of their history!!!” type romanticism.
Again, treat the lady with respect and be a gentlemen, but remember at worst you are her peer as the commander in chief of the U.S

Look, I freaking LOATHE royalty. I’m serious, I have a visceral reaction when I see the trappings of ostentatious monarchs: I want to take their heads off. I’m only exaggerating a little bit.

But your second post got to the ultimate point. If I was POTUS, I wouldn’t defer to “the Queen.” We kicked their royal asses out of this country. And we meant it. But I am a head of state. So is she. Of our closest ally. And she is a woman of manners and protocol. And I am a respectful gentlemen, of her as a refined woman, a leader, and an ally. So treat her as such.

The fundamental problem here isn’t how Trump treated royalty, or a head of state, or our ally. It’s how he treats ALL human beings. He’s the most profound narcissist I’ve ever seen. He has zero regard for any human being other than himself. Queen, old lady crossing the street, his own wife, whatever - none of them matter. Only he does.

1 hour ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

I agree with this take more than the “but follow their rules because of their history!!!” type romanticism.

Again, treat the lady with respect and be a gentlemen, but remember at worst you are her peer as the commander in chief of the U.S

If Obama had done what Trump did you would have come unglued.  At least own your hypocrisy.

• Like 4

Oatmeal fuckhead’s whataboutism is just about to peak and it is completely absurd that we allow retards like him and Johnny Sackless to post alongside brisket, goll, and others.

we are now all aware that actual collaboration with a foreign government happened and some of these traitors (the only valid word) are still blowing Cheeto Benito.

History has its eyes on you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VRHorn said:

Oatmeal fuckhead’s whataboutism is just about to peak and it is completely absurd that we allow retards like him and Johnny Sackless to post alongside brisket, goll, and others.

we are now all aware that actual collaboration with a foreign government happened and some of these traitors (the only valid word) are still blowing Cheeto Benito.

History has its eyes on you.

They're hinging their argument on two parts:

1. Yeah, but no votes were changed....that we know yet of or has been released.  And of course, the return for that support and money funneled into Trump's and others campaigns isn't an issue.  

2. None of this is a problem though because Obama didn't stop it. We've heard but the US interferes in other country's elections which somehow is meaningful to allow conspirators against our own and why didn't Obama stop it?  Trump and the Republicans have undone everything else of Obama's because those were problems but the actual treason--non-issue.  They know very well that they poisoned the well because as Trump declared, if Hillary won, the elections were rigged because they were.  

And our resident Republican dick munchers are here to support the current corruption because they've been choking on it for so long, to give up now would only make all that they've swallowed for naught.   Just keep on chugging, to liberal tears.   

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Like 2

Why Trump lies (Garry Kasparov on Preet Bharara show)

Ever been aghast at the gall of Trump to lie every time he moves his lips? Even with videos, written statements, and real observations to prove that what he says is a lie? Why would he not be ashamed? Why would he not care that he hurts his credibility? Is he insane? Okay, that's not a fair question. 

Preet Bharara had a Russian guest on his podcast talk show ("Stay Tuned with Preet" ) on 6/28/18. Garry Kasparov, a Russian chess player and vocal Putin critic. He made some interesting statements about Putin and gave some insights about what makes Putin tick and how things work in Russia. 

One of the points he covered was lying. Putin lies about everything. And pushes propaganda. It's not any particular lie that's important. It's that everything is questionable. It's destabilizing. 

It's not pushing a particular truth. It's making people believe you can't trust in anything. It destroys the notion of truth. If nothing is true, then everything is relative. 

Putin is a merchant of doubts. Truth is relative. Everyone's corrupt. Everyone's bad. There's just Russia, surrounded by the evil countries. Only Putin can protect Russia. 

It's easy to poison people with an abundance of false information. If truth is relative and can't be relied upon, then there is confusion and general doubt about everything. Chaos. 

What is going on in the U.S. is absolutely like what Putin has done, Kasparov said. It seems "they" have succeeded in spreading doubts among the American public. If the public can't believe a special prosecutor, "they" have succeeded. 

He also said that Putin looks strong only because the opposition is weak. It's all about looking invincible, not actually being invincible. It's all pushing an agenda, looking successful, not allowing himself to look weak, the image. Everything depends on his image of strength. (I thought about the internationally distributed photo op of a bare chested Putin on a horse.) 

I thought this was very interesting, as it relates to Trump. It explains a lot. 

While Kasparov was talking about Putin's blueprint of lying and making people believe that truth is relative, I thought of the book/movie "1984." There's a grueling scene where the Party "teaches" Winston to see that 2 plus 2 equals 5, if the Party says so. Or sometimes 3. 

https://tunein.com/podcasts/Political-News/Stay-Tuned-with-Preet-p1018528/?topicId=122812620
(If you want to listen to Kasparov yourself, he starts talking about Russia & Putin at about 20:55.) 

• Like 5

How many R Congressmen are compromised? We need to protect our electoral process by pretending that 2016 didn't happen. Nice words on a Sunday morning, but, based on our govt's actions, we'll never attack the problem or really admit it exists. Keep whistling past the graveyard Rs.

Edited by retread

Rand Paul has been obvious for a while now.

People just don’t like to hear it because Rand is on their team.

McCain called Rand out on the floor of the Senate over a year ago;

“Sen. John McCain on Wednesday accused fellow Sen. Rand Paul of doing Russian President Vladimir Putin's bidding after Paul blocked an attempt to vote on a treaty for NATO membership for Montenegro.

"The senator from Kentucky is now working for Vladimir Putin," McCain bluntly said of Paul on the Senate floor following the dust-up.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/mccain-rand-paul-is-now-working-for-vladimir-putin-236106

You know, it strikes me as incredibly close to the line, if not well over the line, for an elected official to publicly admit that the United States interferes in foreign elections.  When that elected official is a US Senator who sits on the Foreign Relations and Homeland Security committees -- how is this not a censurable offense?  Am I taking crazy pills?