Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

I think quite a few Republican congressman have gotten money that came from Russian sources through the NRA and other groups.  Now that someone is digging in to Russian involvement in our elections, it makes them real nervous and it explains why they are supporting a losing cause in Trump.  Many of them are taking shots at the Mueller investigation out of desperate self-preservation.

Edited by kevwun
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

You know, it strikes me as incredibly close to the line, if not well over the line, for an elected official to publicly admit that the United States interferes in foreign elections.  When that elected official is a US Senator who sits on the Foreign Relations and Homeland Security committees -- how is this not a censurable offense?  Am I taking crazy pills?

Nah, the egregious false equivalency is what he should be censured for.  

8 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

You know, it strikes me as incredibly close to the line, if not well over the line, for an elected official to publicly admit that the United States interferes in foreign elections. 

The United States of By God America would NEVER do such a thing as interfere in a democratic election or support a coup or support a murderous dictator when it aligned with our geopolitical interests.  NEVER. 

And then there is of course reality. 

Edited by Anastasis

9 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Rand Paul has been obvious for a while now.

People just don’t like to hear it because Rand is on their team.

McCain called Rand out on the floor of the Senate over a year ago;

“Sen. John McCain on Wednesday accused fellow Sen. Rand Paul of doing Russian President Vladimir Putin's bidding after Paul blocked an attempt to vote on a treaty for NATO membership for Montenegro.

"The senator from Kentucky is now working for Vladimir Putin," McCain bluntly said of Paul on the Senate floor following the dust-up.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/mccain-rand-paul-is-now-working-for-vladimir-putin-236106

I grew up in Lake Jackson and graduated a year or two behind his youngest sister.  I was once proud for the success of someone from the hometown.  I'm now much happier that Kentucky has to claim him.  

Just now, Anastasis said:

The United States of By God America would NEVER do such a thing as interfere in a democratic election or support a coup or support a murderous dictator when it aligned with our geopolitical interests.  NEVER. 

Whether the US interferes in other nations’ elections is entirely irrelevant to whether we should allow other countries to interfere in our own elections.  It is critical that we protect our own democracy, whether or not we are hypocritical when it comes to foreign policy.  

And for the record, I do not believe the US should interfere in foreign elections.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, kevwun said:

I think quite a few Republican congressman have gotten money that came from Russian sources through the NRA and other groups.  Now that someone is digging in to Russian involvement in our elections, it makes them real nervous and it explains why they are supporting a losing cause in Trump.  Many of them are taking shots at the Mueller investigation out of desperate self-preservation.

I think this is a great point.   The key is the buffer of the NRA or other groups.  They figured it was their shield from having to be diligent in where the money came from, claiming they innocently thought it came from US sources, since it came through NRA, etc. 

I don't know enough about campaign finance to know if that is a good enough answer though to protect them.  They probably don't either. 

You can extend that beyond money to ill gotten information too, like Cambridge Analytic.  Damn, I'd love to see Cruz get tagged with that in the next couple of months. 

13 hours ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Haha. I love how it’s always “meah! You have different opinions than me so you dummy!”. 

Ive read enough of those board to understand nobody here is brilliant and we are all of average minds here, despite what some of the more extreme alt left and alt right players here seem to think of themselves.

Speak for yourself, dumbass. 

39 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Rand Paul has been obvious for a while now.

People just don’t like to hear it because Rand is on their team.

McCain called Rand out on the floor of the Senate over a year ago;

“Sen. John McCain on Wednesday accused fellow Sen. Rand Paul of doing Russian President Vladimir Putin's bidding after Paul blocked an attempt to vote on a treaty for NATO membership for Montenegro.

"The senator from Kentucky is now working for Vladimir Putin," McCain bluntly said of Paul on the Senate floor following the dust-up.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/mccain-rand-paul-is-now-working-for-vladimir-putin-236106

Did you just start following politics a year ago? The Paul's have been non-interventionists forever and being critical of NATO has always been one of their positions. Extending NATO membership to Montenegro falls within "entangling alliances" territory, if you are part of the "mises-Rockwell" strain of libertarianism, which the Paul's definitely are. McCain and the Paul's have a long history of fighting over shit like this.

This article is a lot more informative than the Politico one you linked. I assume you realize McCain's comment was hyperbole?

http://thehill.com/news-by-subject/defense-homeland-security/325091-rand-paul-roils-the-senate-with-nato-blockade

From F. Scott Fitzgerald:

"Let me tell you about the very rich. They are different from you and me. They possess and enjoy early, and it does something to them, makes them soft, where we are hard, cynical where we are trustful, in a way that, unless you were born rich, it is very difficult to understand."

• Like 2

Doing Putin's bidding once again...

Again, just for giggles...imagine what Fox and the Trumpkins would be saying and doing if obama had said that.

Seriously, the POTUS, when asked about our greatest foe....identified a collection of our greatest allies. We have an enemy asset in the White House.
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, F250 said:

Did you just start following politics a year ago? The Paul's have been non-interventionists forever and being critical of NATO has always been one of their positions. Extending NATO membership to Montenegro falls within "entangling alliances" territory, if you are part of the "mises-Rockwell" strain of libertarianism, which the Paul's definitely are. McCain and the Paul's have a long history of fighting over shit like this.

This article is a lot more informative than the Politico one you linked. I assume you realize McCain's comment was hyperbole?

http://thehill.com/news-by-subject/defense-homeland-security/325091-rand-paul-roils-the-senate-with-nato-blockade

Yeah yeah, Rand and Ron would just let Russia run all over us and Europe because “peace”/ideology.

Rand is a hypocrite POS that constantly attacks our own intelligence community while protecting/excusing our adversaries.

They have awfully convenient arguments to defend their positions.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

21 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

How about your boy identifying the EU as our greatest foe? Address that, sycophant.

I listened to the video.  

Who’s our greatest foe?  We have a lot of foes. Then lists EU, Russia, China. Then says they’re really competitors.

I don’t agree that the EU is a “foe” but it’s clear Trump sees them as an adversary as far as trade goes. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5955471/Royal-family-snub-Trump-Queen-left-meet-president-alone.html

Prince Charles and Prince William reportedly ‘snubbed’ the US President during his visit to Britain - leaving the Queen to meet Donald Trump alone at Windsor Castle.

The royal father and son apparently shared their desire to not take part in the arrangements during informal discussions regarding the president’s four-day tour.

Trump’s trip was not a state visit and so only the Queen greeted the president and his wife Melania.

‘This business of Prince Charles and Prince William not being there for the Trump visit was a snub,’ the source said, adding that they ‘simply refused’ to attend.

‘It's a very, very unusual thing for the Queen to be there on her own. Usually she is accompanied by somebody.’

14 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Yeah yeah, Rand and Ron would just let Russia run all over us and Europe because “peace”/ideology.

Rand is a hypocrite POS that constantly attacks our own intelligence community while protecting/excusing our adversaries.

They have awfully convenient arguments to defend their positions.

I see you are sticking with the politics started in 2016 position. You claim to have a degree in political science, what school did you attend? South Central Louisiana State University?

The world is bigger than your personal narrative.

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:
Holy shit. 

We've crossed a line in the last few days. The American people and our allies are openly called out as the enemy. Continued capitulation to the bear.

Edited by retread

11 minutes ago, F250 said:

I see you are sticking with the politics started in 2016 position. You claim to have a degree in political science, what school did you attend? South Central Louisiana State University?

The world is bigger than your personal narrative.

Sweet job attacking the messenger.  I’ve followed Rand and Ron for a long time, like 10+ years.

I was a huge fan of both for a long time.  I even have a vote for Ron Paul T-shirt in my closet.

Their behavior and public statements over the past few years tells me everything I need to know.  At least I can observe and conclude as opposed to burying my head in the sand because I like their libertarian ideas.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

13 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Holy shit. 

What a fucking bitch. He sounds like a fucking child whining about nothing he does is ever good enough waaaa waaa waaa. 

He is the perfect leader for his base. The biggest bitches and snowflakes out there. Sociologists are going to be very busy studying this era. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

How does anyone on the right defend this?

They call the left condescending for calling them ignorant dumb-asses - you know - the "that teaching lady taught me U S and A, and that's all the letters I need to know" types.   And there is the wing of Trump voters who only watch Fox and listen to Levin, who actually are self-imposed ban on all information that would provide a better fact based approach to examining conduct and cause and effect issues.    Those folks are not mouth breathers so much as turnip truck falling off gullible.   They have bought the concept of "fake news" and willingly surrendered the concept of critical thinking, if they ever had mastered it in the first place.

So there is that intractable problem of advising the stupid and gullible that they are stupid and gullible  - and not hurting their feelings.

The Trumpkins will continue to follow what POTUS says with lap dog slavishness, and the Vichy GOP will continue to act as traitors, protecting him and attacking Mueller, all while the country is weakened and its Democratic institutions are dismantled. 

But both sides, SCOTUS pick and abortion...

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Holy shit. 

He is right though. Saint Petersburg is a gem of a city.  Truly one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Moscow is a shithole.  If he was given Moscow, I'd  be pissed he didnt get Saint Petersburg instead.