Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

I was thinking about his anti-Mueller tweets last night. What if Mueller comes out and says, "hey, we found all these people guilty of wrongdoing but we couldn't find anything on the president himself. He's an innocent man." What does trump say then? 
Which makes it even more obvious that he's guilty of something. You're not just going to attack your accuser unless he has the goods on you.

“Robert Mueller is a great great man and that’s something I’ve always said....”
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

What act is that, namely? My post was in response to what feels like people sniping at the most minor and ridiculously acute things all because of hate and irrationality. Red Christmas trees, taking a motorcade, etc.

My point was this seems like the best response anyone could have gave regardless of political affiliation and I’m interested to hear people try to nitpick a criticism out of it, further betraying their hate and irrationality.

Well, yeah, we hate him. What's the problem?

40 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

What act is that, namely? My post was in response to what feels like people sniping at the most minor and ridiculously acute things all because of hate and irrationality. Red Christmas trees, taking a motorcade, etc.

My point was this seems like the best response anyone could have gave regardless of political affiliation and I’m interested to hear people try to nitpick a criticism out of it, further betraying their hate and irrationality.

The act in isolation is meaningless. But juxtaposed against the entirety of his Presidency, it solidifies his shittiness. Now flip that to the tan suit, where in isolation it was ridiculous and put on blast on a media platform for a whole news cycle, made more ridiculous juxtaposed against the entirety of Obama's Presidency.  

All that said, you trying to harp on some random posts on a thread purely about Trump rather than see the whole picture of the response of Trump's act.......well.....it is lazy and comes off as disingenuous. 

Word?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Hey man, no problem from me on that. At least be honest that objectivity is lost due to hate

I hate him for objective reasons.  He doesn't get a cookie for not fucking up basic human decency once in a blue moon (probably because someone wrote that tweet for him). 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

The act in isolation is meaningless. But juxtaposed against the entirety of his Presidency, it solidifies his shittiness. Now flip that to the tan suit, where in isolation it was ridiculous and put on blast on a media platform for a whole news cycle, made more ridiculous juxtaposed against the entirety of Obama's Presidency.  

All that said, you trying to harp on some random posts on a thread purely about Trump rather than see the whole picture of the response of Trump's act.......well.....it is lazy and comes off as disingenuous

Word?

The Cookie be disingenuous? Never. 

1 minute ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

That’s fair and nobody is saying give him an award for being presidential for once via tweet, but those who can’t just ignore and move on to real criticisms are showing they are just eaten up with hate, subjectively. 

That call out was all I was trying to point out through opinion, not progressing a tired “acts whatever that means or setting bait whatever the heck that means.

So to prove that liberals can't "ignore and move on," you drew attention to a tweet that had previously been "ignored" by everyone in the thread.  Got it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Okay let’s hear the criticism and critique of this some people will attempt.

Really? A day of celebration doesn't bother you?  'A solemn day of remembrance in honor of his service to our country'  would have been so much more appropriate.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

You’re surprised when people complain about how a piece of shit smells?

10 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

That works too but I don’t see a gaffe in taking the “celebration of life not mourning the death” Avenue that lots of memorials take.

Ending the tweet with an exclamation point is not particularly proper or respectful.  Standing alone, it's not much.  But the fact that it's exhibit 958,867,454 in the case of "he's a narcissist utterly incapable of even a shred of basic humanity or empathy" is at least somewhat relevant.

I am in the habit of sending personal notes and letters to friends and colleagues upon the death of a loved one.  Depending on our relationship, I might even remind them of a humorous or even embarrassing anecdote.  But that's in PRIVATE correspondence.  And my tone is always one of love and respect, not showmanship and exclamation points.  And by the way, that doesn't make me a particularly decent or empathetic human -- it makes me a NORMALLY decent and empathetic human.  Something that Trump, again and again, demonstrates that he is not.

And I don't want a sociopath who is incapable of empathy to have the power and responsibility of leading the most powerful nation in the world.  That alone is a fucking dealbreaker.  So, yeah.  The little shit matters....to the extent that it demonstrates that we haven't been wrong in our judgment of him.

• Like 6

You don't have to go back very far . . . less than 2 years, in fact . . . to find an example of a POTUS who acted with grace and exhibited proper (dare I say "Presidential"?) decorum as a matter of principle, every time, all the time.

The fact that our current POTUS didn't step all over his own dick in one tweet should not be cause for celebration.  He still communicated at a level almost all high school freshmen could top.

2 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Exclamation mark-gate! lol absurd.

Nope.  Like I said, standing alone, utterly insignificant.

Standing as proof that he's a clueless narcissist, from the biggest matter to the smallest...yep.  He is so complete in his narcissism and lack of empathy that it permeates everything he does, even the smallest things.  As someone who investigates wrongdoing and collapses for exactly such evidentiary patterns, that sort of thing is relevant.  It's not an exhibit I put up at trial.  But in my discovery and ferreting out of evidence, it confirms that my instincts are correct, and I'm digging in the right direction.

Trump shouldn't hang for putting an exclamation point on that tweet.

He should hang for being a sociopath narcissist who is utterly incapable of human empathy.

The tweet just helps us confirm that our judgment of him in that respect has not been in error.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

That’s fair and nobody is saying give him an award for being presidential for once via tweet, but those who can’t just ignore and move on to real criticisms are showing they are just eaten up with hate, subjectively. 

That call out was all I was trying to point out through opinion, not progressing a tired “acts whatever that means or setting bait whatever the heck that means.

Look we hate him because he's awful human being and worse president but it's also become BEC hate. I"m annoyed by everything he does. The way he walks, the way he talks, the way he moves his hands when he talks.

f8fe35b85cb1ad8d49f4258ec82d4d37.jpg

Edited by sachick
  • Like 6

11 minutes ago, Chooky said:

False statement makers.  Rudy is now a novelty pair of wind-up chattering teeth vibrating off the edge of the desk.  It's surreal.  

Mueller's crew isn't keeping us safe from Rudy's typos

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ADHD said:

Tan suit is more like red Christmas trees.

Motorcade-gate is uber douchebaggery. 

Like the joke from LA Story where Steve Martin hops in the car, like the proverbial spoiled LA airhead, simply to pull up across the street.

Bam. Ladies and gentleman, we have a rare accurate equivalency on the politics board.

13 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

W running game on Michelle right in Obama's face and all Obama can do is smile.

#WeakPresident
#Obungler
#Sad

That is awesome.

According to his daughter Jenna, W loaded up on boxes of Presidential Seal boxed mints, and so they're probably 10 plus years old.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Captainant said:

Is it a decorum criticism if I think it's fucked that trump couldn't muster more than a literal minute of contact with the Bush's and pretty much just shook their hands then left? 

Wow. Such solemn. Very respectful. 

Are the Bushes staying in the Trump Hotel 600 down the street? It's a slap in the face if they're not no matter what arrangements are traditional. They're lucky he showed up at all.

Actually, taking a car would have been okay. A motorcade is absurd. It's a relief that he took a minute from shitting on the US to just play the fool for a few minutes.

44 minutes ago, Chooky said:

False statement makers.  Rudy is now a novelty pair of wind-up chattering teeth vibrating off the edge of the desk.  It's surreal.  

I can't wait for Mueller to admit that Guiliani is 100% right that Trump isn't guilty of collusion, then Mueller proceeds to indict Trump on 10 other counts.

4 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

It's weird thinking Trump can listen to people praise GHWB about being a president the right way and then just go back to being a piece of shit.  None of this is can penetrate him.

i can't help it. looking at these men, from Carter to Obama, it's fucking shameful this human stain is even in the same group as them ☹

• Like 5

From what I gather you are a smart guy and your posts are generally strong if laced with too much emotion and hate for my tastes. 

You need to learn the difference between "hate", and "contempt, disgust, ridicule and scorn".  Hate is something the Republicans thrive and survive on.  The rest of us, well, you get the picture.  Or not.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jograves said:

I was thinking about his anti-Mueller tweets last night. What if Mueller comes out and says, "hey, we found all these people guilty of wrongdoing but we couldn't find anything on the president himself. He's an innocent man." What does trump say then? 

Which makes it even more obvious that he's guilty of something. You're not just going to attack your accuser unless he has the goods on you.

Bob Mueller, his gang of 13 passionate patriots and I Worked so hard to drain the swamp in Washington for You.  These are great men!  Congrats to them and myself for helping to make America Great again!

Edited by Tom

I like that Bill was still kinda checking out Melanie even in funeral garb.  And gotta hand to Hillary, laser fucking focused on staring ahead.  Didn’t see Donald, or Bill’s ogling, or the cameras, or any of it.  

She keeps her eye on the ball; gotta give her that