Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

8 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Study Baylor football under Art Briles for a decent comparison.

Or Hitler.  I'm afraid Godwin's Law is now a far less reliable indicator for weak or lazy arguments.  

Praise be to the founding fathers for building a foundation that can survive this tyrant.  We're like a plane that somehow makes it home with 1 of 4 engines.  Sure the Executive and Legislative were captured, and Judicial in peril, but Jah willing there will be a post-Trump America.

4 minutes ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

Or Hitler.  I'm afraid Godwin's Law is now a far less reliable indicator for weak or lazy arguments.  

Praise be to the founding fathers for building a foundation that can survive this tyrant.  We're like a plane that somehow makes it home with 1 of 4 engines.  Sure the Executive and Legislative were captured, and Judicial in peril, but Jah willing there will be a post-Trump America.

Not when you have a pilot dead-set on flying you straight into the damned mountain....

01_Germanwings-Crash-in-France.jpg

Edited by Brisketexan

Who knew Marilyn Manson could be so spot on in the 90s?

The worms will live in every host
It's hard to pick which one they eat the most
The horrible people, the horrible people
It's as anatomic as the size of your steeple
Capitalism has made it this way
Old-fashioned fascism will take it away

7 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Those guys really made the most of their revolution.

"Okay guys, one more thing, this summer when you're being inundated with all this American bicentennial Fourth Of July brouhaha, don't forget what you're celebrating, and that's the fact that a bunch of slave-owning, aristocratic, white males didn't want to pay their taxes."

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

"Okay guys, one more thing, this summer when you're being inundated with all this American bicentennial Fourth Of July brouhaha, don't forget what you're celebrating, and that's the fact that a bunch of slave-owning, aristocratic, white males didn't want to pay their taxes."

That may be revelatory to an audience of high school freshman and sophomores (which is itself another issue), but I'm going out on a limb that most folks here have their HS diplomas.

Edited by Degenerate Gardner

30 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

“I vote republican because I’m fiscally conservative.”

One of the many lies I was raised to believe in an insanely republican household.

the entire party is built on lies.

i've believed this wholeheartedly since nixon.  you guys cannot imagine how it pleases me to see good, sensible people owning up to their having been duped.

31 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I figured out why they fell for it but I’m still perplexed on how so many people stick with him. 

You’re slipping Hugo. It’s because of Russia active measures. Duh  

40 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

How great is it that Hillary gets to sit on the Presidents first row anyway?

It means she married well. 

53 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, I'm old enough to have overlapped Nixon, so you're right.

But otherwise, no.  Egotistical?  Sure.  Narcissistic tendencies?  All but a requirement to even SEEK the job.  But so narcissistic as to be utterly devoid of empathy?  Nope.  Ford, Carter, Reagan, GHWB, Clinton, BWB, Obama....sorry, they all had real and basis human empathy.  Some were clearly better than others, but nobody even comes close to the sociopath that currently holds the office.

And finally, what we have for him isn't hate.  It's utter contempt.  He's beneath us.  He's beneath ALL of us.  He is worthy only of scorn and contempt.  Shit, hate's too good for him.

Just because they say they can “feel your pain” doesn’t mean they can. But whatever. 

If contempt is worse than hate, then it likely corrodes even faster. I think we’d all do better if we focus some energy on more positive things elsewhere. That’s all I’m saying. Good day. 

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

It's amazing that it's taking so long. 

no, it's just a measure of how long it took for that party of skunks to decide they didn't need to hide their true ambition anymore.

edit:  i mean these guys really had that game down.

Edited by yaqdum

3 minutes ago, yaqdum said:

i've believed this wholeheartedly since nixon.  you guys cannot imagine how it pleases me to see good, sensible people owning up to their having been duped.

I left during Gingrich's culture war BS and the rise of Costco republicans

6 minutes ago, yaqdum said:

no, it's just a measure of how long it took for that party of skunks to decide they didn't need to hide their true ambition anymore.

Let's be honest, it's only been a little more than a decade since the average Joe started to access information about goings-on in DC on a near-instantaneous and around-the-clock manner.  Prior to the explosion of talk radio, cable news and social media, one actually had to pick up a legitimate daily newspaper and read long articles to get a feel for all the behind the scenes shit that was going on.

DC hasn't changed so much as the veil has been lifted.

• Like 1

Maybe it's my line of work, or the people I fraternize with, or just living in Austin and traveling predominantly to normal cities for leisure and business.  But you're hard pressed these days to not find somebody who gladly puts themselves into the quadrant of "Socially Liberal, Fiscally Conservative."  And of course in Texas, you can always find proud bearers of "Socially & Fiscally Conservative"   And in Austin, you can always meet the "Socially and Fiscally Liberal"  The fun adventure is finding a person who will actually admit, "Socially Conservative and Fiscally Liberal."  In practice, they are all over, but it's the one part of the quadrant you NEVER meet at parties.  

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

Maybe it's my line of work, or the people I fraternize with, or just living in Austin and traveling predominantly to normal cities for leisure and business.  But you're hard pressed these days to not find somebody who gladly puts themselves into the quadrant of "Socially Liberal, Fiscally Conservative."  And of course in Texas, you can always find proud bearers of "Socially & Fiscally Conservative"   And in Austin, you can always meet the "Socially and Fiscally Liberal"  The fun adventure is finding a person who will actually admit, "Socially Conservative and Fiscally Liberal."  In practice, they are all over, but it's the one part of the quadrant you NEVER meet at parties.  

Your parties sound like they suck...  no offense

1 minute ago, Loco said:

Your parties sound like they suck...  no offense

Because I don't meet the lamest group of the four?  That actually makes them the best parties.  Plus those people are always the cheapest and most judgey on how much we're drinking and flirting.  

40 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

You can replace trump with the entire GOP.  And change debt to climate change and you've got another couple articles.

It wasn't by accident that the tax cuts for the rich were permanent while those for the middle class were set to expire in...seven years. And gullible middle class voters think he's working for them. 

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

Because I don't meet the lamest group of the four?  That actually makes them the best parties.  Plus those people are always the cheapest and most judgey on how much we're drinking and flirting.  

Yeah, but you're talking politics at a party...  bummer

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

It wasn't by accident that the tax cuts for the rich were permanent while those for the middle class were set to expire in...seven years. And gullible middle class voters think he's working for them. 

Wait till his stealth tax kicks in...  Tariff money to the Government passed on to the consumer...  those rubes are so stupid 

14 minutes ago, Loco said:

Yeah, but you're talking politics at a party...  bummer

I don't talk at all at parties.  I'm at the bar or checking out ass.  Here's the top 5 intros at a holiday party in Austin (aside from obvious shit like 'what's your name', "how do you know the host", etc.):

"As a vegan, I think..."

"As someone who is socially liberal but fiscally conservative..." 

"After my crossfit class..." 

"Since leaving New York..."

"You seem like an intelligent person, but..."  

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

How great is it that Hillary gets to sit on the Presidents first row anyway?

Thank god we avoided her administration and will now have to embrace teh Donald at all these events. 

did Nixon do all of the "president" stuff after he left office?

It's gotta be weird for the Donald (and admittedly, I do feel a tad sad for him)...to know that he'll probably attend the funerals of both H.W. and Carter (not to mention two first ladies and a state funeral for McCain)...and see what it means for a nation to put aside bullshit to come together to mark the lives of remarkable leaders who gave their all to the Republic.  And even a sociopath like him has to know his grave will be danced upon and his casket will lie in State in the Capitol only due to formalities.  And like Franco in El Valle de Los Caidos, most will come by just to make sure he's still dead. 

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

You’re slipping Hugo. It’s because of Russia active measures. Duh  

It means she married well. 

Just because they say they can “feel your pain” doesn’t mean they can. But whatever. 

If contempt is worse than hate, then it likely corrodes even faster. I think we’d all do better if we focus some energy on more positive things elsewhere. That’s all I’m saying. Good day. 

Yeah, guys, do something productive. Stop complaining about the terrible person that runs the country that hates on everyone and everything that doesn't worship him. There is nothing you can do about it and it really isn't anyone's fault. No sense in talking about, just be glad it isn't worse. 

2 hours ago, GRHorn said:

You sound awfully naive. I hate to break it to you, but it’s highly likely that Trump isn’t the first with these personality traits to be President in your lifetime. 

Regarding everybody else here, y’all are really coming on here to breakdown the President’s behavior during a funeral? Step away for a while. Take a break. Or listen to Simpson. Hate corrodes the container that carries it. Good day. 

Many CEO’s have sociopathic tendencies.  So what?  Trump has full blown narcissistic personality disorder.  I know you’re not a medical professional so let me help...that means if somebody complements him he CAN NOT RESIST returning favors/complements.  Do you see how that’s a big problem?  You can play him like a fiddle.  The Saudis/Russians/Norks have done just that.  So kindly STFU with your ‘what about’ bullshit.   

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Cyber security expert and habitual self-owner Rudy Giuliani just had another one of his tweet errors hotlinked.

Lol.  How is it possible in the thousands of tweets the dotard has put out that he's never made this mistake?  Or has he and no one thought to do this to him?

There's going to be a future where futurenerds type away during dotard's funeral about how the presidency used to be so revered back with the Donald was president and how you didn't even really ever shoot at people from the other party and they didn't even have separate capital buildings for each of the parties and how almost every congressman could both read and knew his times tables, as compared to how dumb, vile, and hate-filled it is now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

It's gotta be weird for the Donald (and admittedly, I do feel a tad sad for him)...to know that he'll probably attend the funerals of both H.W. and Carter (not to mention two first ladies and a state funeral for McCain)...and see what it means for a nation to put aside bullshit to come together to mark the lives of remarkable leaders who gave their all to the Republic.  And even a sociopath like him has to know his grave will be danced upon and his casket will lie in State in the Capitol only due to formalities.  And like Franco in El Valle de Los Caidos, most will come by just to make sure he's still dead. 

I respectfully disagree.

Trump will not have such feelings of sadness or regret. He's a (now, mentally impaired) cut throat businessman. He's not a leader of our country. 

He probably calculates that his NPV of being President > the costs associated with it, and he's all right with that. 

Feel sad for Trump? Nah.

• Like 1