Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

10 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Like look at what happens to a Republican that goes against the dear leader, Flake and McCain are now hated by both parties.  Gowdy is currently getting blackballed.

If Paul Ryan or Mitch McConnell actually stood up to Trump, would anyone give them praise? The Trumpkins would lable them traitors and the democrats would bash them for taking too long and “muh voting record!”

There’s absolutely nothing to gain politically for a Republican to go against Trump.  It’s a hostage situation.

I'm not sure I buy that logic. Paul Ryan and Mitch aren't some poor souls being held hostage by Trump. He's the end result of many years of GOP talking points being turned up a notch. Listen to conservatives speak here, and in real life. They rarely denounce his policy goals (I mean the policy goals of his admin, not random Trump blurbs that don't make sense). Their main opposition is to his bluntness and his erratic behavior. Trump is the GOP through and through. 

34 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I think the situation is more like the GOP is being held hostage by Trump than they are really behind him.

The GOP showed its perfect willingness to give the blasé royal wave to the Constitution when denying Obama a confirmation for his SC pick. Trump just has the moronic asshole charisma that makes the GOP base swoon which allows the GOP to operate in the more authoritarian manner which it has always desired. 

Edited by Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand

13 minutes ago, Skyline said:

I'm not sure I buy that logic. Paul Ryan and Mitch aren't some poor souls being held hostage by Trump. He's the end result of many years of GOP talking points being turned up a notch. Listen to conservatives speak here, and in real life. They rarely denounce his policy goals (I mean the policy goals of his admin, not random Trump blurbs that don't make sense). Their main opposition is to his bluntness and his erratic behavior. Trump is the GOP through and through. 

After looking back on the 2016 Republican primaries, I think you’re right.  There’s not too much difference between Ted Cruz and Trump and they dominated the primaries.  If Cruz had been president, would the GOP be much different than it is now?  I doubt it. It would have been the party of Cruzism. 

Sad! 

44 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I think the situation is more like the GOP is being held hostage by Trump than they are really behind him.

The GOP leadership shit all over Obama for things that they defend Trump over, but Trump takes it up by a factor of ten. 

42 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

There’s absolutely nothing to gain politically for a Republican to go against Trump.  It’s a hostage situation.

That's the disgusting status quo for the elected representatives of the American people. And we just factor it into the equation.

The Dems wouldn't stand up to the Bush invasion of Iraq even though most of them felt to their cores that it was a disastrous policy that would waste thousands of lives and trillions of dollars. To vote their conscience would possibly cost them their seats. Fucking weakling cowards.

Now the GOPs slurp up the vomit of Trumpism for the same reason. Their conscience is a tiny voice drowned out by ambition, money, and, in some case, complicity. 

Knowingly doing something that harms others or your country is a wicked act.

I don't know if the Dems could have prevented the invasion, but they could have been proud of themselves for trying and facing the political consequences. That's a badge of honor even though you're out of office.

Same with the GOPs who actually have the power to stop Trump. We become an increasingly shameless nation.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Like look at what happens to a Republican that goes against the dear leader, Flake and McCain are now hated by both parties.  Gowdy is currently getting blackballed.

If Paul Ryan or Mitch McConnell actually stood up to Trump, would anyone give them praise? The Trumpkins would lable them traitors and the democrats would bash them for taking too long and “muh voting record!”

So if you go against Trump, Republicans attack you.  Sounds like the Party of Trump  

Ryan and McConnell have the power to put him in check   They choose not to, and actively make sure certain legislation that’s not Trump-friendly never hits the floor.  They allow people like Nunes to actively aid Trump. They are conceding Congressional power/oversight to Trump. 

They let Trump get away with stuff that they would not have let Obama do.

Its so fucking embarrassing to mention that I was once a Republican, because too many associate Trump with the GOP. 

The GOP is Trump.  

I want to try and avoid painting Republicans with the broad Trump brush.  It’s the same mistake the Republicans made when they vilified Democrats as progressive communists that should be put to death, according to the hardened Trump supporters.

I know there are some good ones out there but I can’t deny the GOP has been completely subverted by Trump/Putin.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

9 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I want to try and avoid painting Republicans with the broad Trump brush.  It’s the same mistake the Republicans made when they vilified Democrats as progressive communists that should be put to death, according to the hardened Trump supporters.

I know there are some good ones out there but I can’t deny the GOP has been completely subverted by Trump/Putin.

I use the term traditional Republicans. Those values are worthwhile and essential. It's a shame the Republican brand has been slowly rotted and now totally overturned. 

With Atwater, Stone, and Limbaugh, the GOP adopted a means for winning office thinking the ends would justify them. Actually, they just became the means and abandoned the ends.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

You're making a distinction that largely doesn't exist.  If Trump's rise had been more like a coup, you'd have a point, but when the vast majority of Republicans vocally support the man, it is correct to call their party "the party of Trump".  Their words.  Let them own them.

Stop bending over backwards to appear objective, because you're going too far.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

I prefer to think of it more as Stockholm syndrome.

With a pinch of complicit campaign cash blackmail

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I noticed this re Paul Ryan and Gowdy/SpyGate: Trump allies have excommunicated Trey Gowdy from the GOP :

"Speaker Paul Ryan, one of just four other Republicans to attend last week’s Justice Department briefing on the matter, has not addressed the substance of Gowdy’s assertions. But asked whether he backed them, Ryan’s office issued a broad statement of support for the House Oversight Committee chairman.

“The speaker has full confidence in Chairman Gowdy’s judgement, and is grateful for his leadership and service,” Ryan spokeswoman AshLee Strong said Friday."

Where does that leave Ryan in the eyes of Trumpaloons ?  There is far, far too little spotlight being shined on Ryan and McConnell.  In their leadership roles, they are getting away with virtual anonymity in the face of brazen corruption and abuse, and a degree of daily lying from the WH that is objectively divorced from plain reality.  Ultimately I think it shows Ryan and McConnell are accessory to the Trump way.

• Like 1

Current Republicans are no better than cops that stay silent and hold the thin blue line when bad cops do bad things. There is right and there is wrong. What Trump is doing is wrong and until Republicans speak out and denounce him they are holding the thin blue line.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

You're making a distinction that largely doesn't exist.  If Trump's rise had been more like a coup, you'd have a point, but when the vast majority of Republicans vocally support the man, it is correct to call their party "the party of Trump".  Their words.  Let them own them.

Stop bending over backwards to appear objective, because you're going too far.

I think some of the older folk still have memories of the GOP as being something wholesome and good so they're willing to give them the benefit of the doubt while continuing to bend over backwards. They don't want to believe the old GOP really doesn't matter in today's age against Trumpism. I think @Bozo_Casanova said it best a long time ago in some anecdote about their child. The younger people have a completely different view of the GOP because they're used to only the modern iteration. 

Edited by Skyline

7 minutes ago, Skyline said:

I think some of the older folk still have memories of the GOP as being something wholesome and good so they're willing to give them the benefit of the doubt while continuing to bend over backwards. They don't want to believe the old GOP really doesn't matter in today's age against Trumpism.

I'll buy that -- you just described my in-laws.  They're in their 80s, and my MIL in particular is a hard-core Baptist conservative.  My FIL is a little more flexible -- he has an art degree from UT, for crying out loud -- but just the other night he was equivocating about how all the stuff Trump is doing was done in the past by almost every President.

I don't see the comparison at all.   Libtard is a mash-up of liberal and retard, and is juvenile and offensive.   "Trumplican" seems like a mash-up of "Trump Republican," which is descriptive and completely inoffensive.  If you need a safe space from a term like that, Surly isn't for you. 

Let’s not miss the core point here: labeling someone with the appellation of their party leader is seen as a pejorative. Again...using Trump’s very name is an insult.

That should fucking tell you something.

It’s not like anyone even needs to invent a playbook. Just use the one that exists for use with any tinpot dictatorship. Want to get an oilfield concession in Shitbagistan? Then you need to “invest” a lotta money in the President’s brother’s hotel project. Want to be allowed to import and sell cars there? Then you need to “sell” 100 of your nicest models to the government for $1 apiece...and know that the President’s family will be the ones driving them. It’s a quid pro quo kleptocracy, and the plays are easy: give something that benefits Trump personally, and get something in return.

And the current GOP is just fine with it. We went from a constitutional republic to a kleptocracy from the Asian steppes overnight. Pretty fascinating, objectively. But horrifying, subjectively.

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

sure would be nice if we had a place for people like Flake to go to. 

too bad we can't think like that and instead will burn down what we have first because stupid. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skyline said:

You're on the money. There's no reason to pretend like there's some split between Trump supporters and some other conservatives of higher moral standing or whatever. At this point in time, the GOP is mostly behind Trump and pretending like #NeverTrump people matter is ridiculous. 

Or walking away so they don't have to deal with it.  

-- I shouldn't be shocked that a sitting POTUS openly advocates for one press outlet and against another, but I am

-- let's not lose sight of the fact that all aspects of Justice and Intelligence are of the opinion that Russia not only interfered in our election but did so to help Trump.  This leaves Trump with no choice but to (a) lie and say otherwise and (b) point the finger at those very governmental institutions as being "partisan" and "biased", which of course they bend over backwards to avoid (not to mention their ranks are chock full of Republicans).

It's bad enough that POTUS does these things.  It's infuriating and terrifying that a large part of our populace is either stupid enough, treasonous enough, or both to buy it.  Fuck them.

1 hour ago, triplehorn said:

"Speaker Paul Ryan, one of just four other Republicans to attend last week’s Justice Department briefing on the matter, has not addressed the substance of Gowdy’s assertions. But asked whether he backed them, Ryan’s office issued a broad statement of support for the House Oversight Committee chairman.

“The speaker has full confidence in Chairman Gowdy’s judgement, and is grateful for his leadership and service,” Ryan spokeswoman AshLee Strong said Friday."

Where does that leave Ryan in the eyes of Trumpaloons ?  There is far, far too little spotlight being shined on Ryan and McConnell.  In their leadership roles, they are getting away with virtual anonymity in the face of brazen corruption and abuse, and a degree of daily lying from the WH that is objectively divorced from plain reality.  Ultimately I think it shows Ryan and McConnell are accessory to the Trump way.

Ryan (and McConnell) are trying to play both sides.  They are trying to perhaps protect their positions (well Ryan has given up) or the GOP in the short term, and are willing to piss it away in the long term. 

If you are a teen or 20-something, you’re going to be extremely turned off by The Party of Trump. 

15 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The goal is to divide us.  Never forget that.  Don’t hate the ignorant Trump supporters.  If you do, then Trump wins. 

For the record, I don't hate, just like the ring of trumpaloons.

There's a lot of silence from rational GOP.  A few important ones are outspoken and taking flak but theirs is a crucial signal nonetheless, and doesn't amount to much more than speaking functional truth.  Gowdy singlehandedly smothered SpyGate soberly stating the obvious. When the Mueller truth bomb hits on multiple fronts and Trump is defanged, the most radical shift could be all those silent and paralyzed GOP.  Hopefully the leftover corrupt associates and those willing to employ Cambridge Anslytica fake news and psy-ops for radical division are run out on a rail or worse.

• Like 1

A couple quick things. 
1) I’m not a “Trumplican”.  I don’t support everything he or his party do. Not even close to it. 
2) “Trumplican” might be even worse than “libtard”. When you use it, it looks juvenile and signals a lack of intelligence. You’d do best to polish up your language if you want to be taken seriously. Maybe not on the internet, but in the real world.
Be careful out there, Trump is watching you everywhere. 

i’ll call you “cum trumpster” from hereafter...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take all that bullshit off of it and that is a pretty sweet looking 1911.

lol...no.

that’s a .22, not a .45. moreover, a real 1911 is manufactured by Colt (interesting fact, the original was designed by John Browning). these are made by Walther, a German company.

in all facets, this gun sucks.

i bet it’s specially made to shoot those shitty Russian made .22 rounds because you know these fake ass jackwagons wanted to throw Putin a bone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chinese telecommunications company ZTE hired a former member of the Trump campaign as a lobbyist amid negotiations with President Trump to loosen restrictions hampering the company's ability to do business with the U.S.

The Daily Beast reported that the company hired Bryan Lanza, a former adviser to both the Trump campaign and Trump's White House transition team, just a day after the president tweeted that he was considering helping ZTE regain access to American markets.

"President Xi [Jinping] of China, and I, are working together to give massive Chinese phone company, ZTE, a way to get back into business, fast. Too many jobs in China lost. Commerce Department has been instructed to get it done!" Trump tweeted last month.

Weeks later, the Trump administration announced a tentative deal to ease the restrictions on the company, a move that faces sharp opposition in Congress. The deal follows a ban from the Commerce Department on any American companies selling selling parts to ZTE, a move that the company says will force it out of business without relief.

Lanza came to work for ZTE through Mercury Public Affairs, a Washington lobbying firm that reported its new client in a May 24 document in accordance with the Foreign Agents Registration Act.

The firm said it would "perform government relations and public affairs services, including setting up meetings with U.S. government officials related to U.S. sanctions" on ZTE's behalf, according to the Daily Beast.

A spokesman for the lobbying firm told the Daily Beast that "like any company of its size, [ZTE] faces various challenges and we are helping them from a public affairs perspective to manage those issues."

The Commerce Department issued the ban on American firms doing business with ZTE earlier this year after it accused the company of violating sanctions with Iran. ZTE officials have called the punishment unfair.

Trump in defending a potential deal with the company noted it provides a lot of business to American companies.

Lanza, who is reportedly still in communication with White House officials, was reported last month to also be helping a Russian company owned by a sanctioned oligarch lobby the Trump administration to lift penalties against the firm. 

http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/390397-zte-hired-former-trump-aide-as-lobbyist-report

Trump thinks a trade deficit is the same thing as the budget deficit, or at best that they are directly linked, so it's hardly surprising that he doesn't know what the fuck he's doing with this issue. 

Edited by Mojo Hand

2 hours ago, Mojo Hand said:

Trump thinks a trade deficit is the same thing as the budget deficit, or at best that they are directly linked, so it's hardly surprising that he doesn't know what the fuck he's doing with this issue. 

I have a fucking massive trade deficit with HEB

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:
The best part of Trump-Russia is how many lawyers will go to prison because of this fucking moron.

In the end he will be responsible for partially draining the swamp as the careers of anyone closely associated with him are destroyed. It will decimate the Republican party.

• Like 1