Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

4 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

I don't even think the main motivator behind this pardon is about race. It's about empowering militias and fringe armed groups. This emboldens them knowing that the President will pardon them. Now Trump is building his army that will strike if/when pushed from office by the "deep state". This also plays into Russia's strategy of sowing chaos in our society. 

I think you are 100% correct.

You all give Trump too much credit for having reasons for the pardon. His only agenda is himself. Someone who he thinks he will benefit from in some way said he should pardon them so he did.  There's no thought or rationale. Either Hannity, another one of his lackeys, or someone that he wants to owe him wanted him to do it. 

42 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

I don't even think the main motivator behind this pardon is about race. It's about empowering militias and fringe armed groups. This emboldens them knowing that the President will pardon them. Now Trump is building his army that will strike if/when pushed from office by the "deep state". This also plays into Russia's strategy of sowing chaos in our society. 

This is exactly what it is. They'll be his brownshirts when he needs them to hold on to power.

5 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

You all give Trump too much credit for having reasons for the pardon. His only agenda is himself. Someone who he thinks he will benefit from in some way said he should pardon them so he did.  There's no thought or rationale. Either Hannity, another one of his lackeys, or someone that he wants to owe him wanted him to do it. 

Sure there may not be thought or rationale behind trump's decision to pardon someone, likely due to his inability to understand complex concepts, but the folks whispering in his ear sure as hell do. Trump is a useful idiot for the extreme right wing, the only place you'll find meaning for his actions is in how it benefits fox or breitbart or any of those far right bodies.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

There are some evil motherfuckers on this admin and I do not think Trump is the worst, but he is the one allowing the levers to be pulled. I doubt Trump thought that tearing kids from their parents would be an effective deterrent to illegal immigration, but someone did and sold him on it. He is the President and him enacting someone else's agenda, has him owning that agenda. 

“Sowing chaos in our society” is damned right.

Check out this piece of shit “officer” just stand by as this drunk piece of shit verbally assaults and damned near physically assaults this Puerto Rican broad.

This type of bullshit is literally causing chaos, believe it or not. The racists are full blown emboldened nowadays.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2018/07/10/man-harasses-woman-wearing-puerto-rico-shirt-illinois-park/770858002/

3 minutes ago, texas08 said:

Check out this piece of shit “officer” just stand by as this drunk piece of shit verbally assaults and damned near physically assaults this Puerto Rican broad.

This type of bullshit is literally causing chaos, believe it or not. The racists are full blown emboldened nowadays.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2018/07/10/man-harasses-woman-wearing-puerto-rico-shirt-illinois-park/770858002/

I'm not a very cynical person, but even I have to wonder how many of these videos that circulate like wildfire via social media are staged.  They breed the very discord Putin seems to want.  Mix a few drunk racists with a few overstimulated Antifa and voila!  the wedge goes deeper.

Ultimately, as many others including I have said for at least a year, there is absolutely not one single thing that could sway this guy, assuming it's for real.  So, write him off.  He's a worthless piece of shit.  Treat him that way.  There is simply no good reason to waste energy trying to lead him to "the light" -- he ain't going.  Focus on the apathetic, the discouraged, everyone who didn't vote, and leave this trash to rot in their own filth.

Has nothing directly to do with Trump, but since he's the President, he gets to choose the FCC commissioners.    

Charging $225 to register a complaint with the FCC is all about libtears.   #MAGA!

https://www.theverge.com/2018/7/10/17556144/fcc-charge-225-review-complaints

On Thursday, the Federal Communications Commission will be voting to ensure they won’t have to read your complaints anymore — and Democratic House members are not happy about it.

Two high-ranking Democrats on the Energy and Commerce Committee sent a letteraddressed to the Commission’s chairman Ajit Pai earlier today to voice their disapproval of a proposed rule that, if approved, would send informal consumer complaints directly through to the company in question. “At a time when consumers are highly dissatisfied with their communications companies, this abrupt change in policy troubles us,” the congressmen wrote. 

If the consumer isn’t happy with the outcome of the informal complaint, their only other option would be filing a formal complaint and paying the $225 to do so. The fee for a formal complaint isn’t new, but under these rules, it’s the only option to get your opinion to the FCC’s staff. The Commission’s docket called this move an attempt at streamlining and consolidating “the procedural rules governing formal complaints.” But the procedure has the potential to shut out the voices of consumers when it comes to telecommunications-involved issues.

35 minutes ago, texas08 said:

My sister-in-law, who is of Chinese ancestry, but grew up in Virginia was at Costco in Austin this past weekend.  A man came up to her and asked if she had a Texas driver license. 

Her: "Um, no, but I have a Virginia one."

Him: "You people are the problem."

I'm glad I wasn't there to witness it.  I would not have reacted well.

6 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I don't know what annoys me more: Trump repeating the same phrases over and over to try and influence public opinion, or the fact that our country is stupid enough that it works.

Trump is in office for 2-6 more years. Stupid can last generations and can get worse.  Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho 2020!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

The racist morons are emboldened by the orange racist moron. 

Civil discourse has taken a back seat. You can blame it on the oompa loompa but this has been festering for a decade.  Both sides are steeped in the behavior now but you can pick examples for your team.  Yea Tribalism!

• Fuck You 4

1 minute ago, Newdoc said:

Civil discourse has taken a back seat. You can blame it on the oompa loompa but this has been festering for a decade.  Both sides are steeped in the behavior now but you can pick examples for your team.  Yea Tribalism!

So you're saying it's been festering roughly since the black man was elected President?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Who's going to invite Orangetown Town Supervisor Chris Day to the Surly?

"Her behavior is forever enshrined on the internet among the great idiots of our time," he added. "I hope she learns a lesson in appropriate behavior and tolerance from the experience as she is recognized on the street as 'crazy racist lady from the bus' for the next several years of her life"

Edited by ChiTownDoc
Shag/Surly...

I'm not a very cynical person, but even I have to wonder how many of these videos that circulate like wildfire via social media are staged.  They breed the very discord Putin seems to want.  Mix a few drunk racists with a few overstimulated Antifa and voila!  the wedge goes deeper.
Ultimately, as many others including I have said for at least a year, there is absolutely not one single thing that could sway this guy, assuming it's for real.  So, write him off.  He's a worthless piece of shit.  Treat him that way.  There is simply no good reason to waste energy trying to lead him to "the light" -- he ain't going.  Focus on the apathetic, the discouraged, everyone who didn't vote, and leave this trash to rot in their own filth.

I get the “no turning back” random drunk racist trash....and moving on from those fucks.

But that fucking “officer” just standing there is straight bullshit.

We know damn well that if a brown or black person was just cruising the park while intoxicated (not even berating anyone), dude would’ve been arrested without question right then and there.

That asshole better lose his job. Then of course that “officer” will just become a bigger racist piece of shit, since a “brown” made him lose his job!
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, texas08 said:

Drop that motherfucker off in Humboldt Park.