Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

3 hours ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

Drop that motherfucker off in Humboldt Park.

I used to live there.

He'd definitely get enough of talking shit to people wearing Puerto Rican gear.

Then he'd get enough new dentistry while he's at it.

I don't know much about this research, but it doesn't seem far-fetched given how many people are moving to the largest cities. I'm sure this is what the founders of this country had in mind though right after they stated that the constitution could literally never be changed.

20 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

I don't know much about this research, but it doesn't seem far-fetched given how many people are moving to the largest cities. I'm sure this is what the founders of this country had in mind though right after they stated that the constitution could literally never be changed.

It will help the Democrats when DC and Puerto Rico are granted statehood in 2021 adding 4 senate seats. It will make it difficult for the Republicans to control the senate in the following decades.

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Name one country in history that has ever successfully invaded Russia. 

There are far more effective ways to subdue and bring about the removal of Putin and his mafia state than invasion.  The US in cooperation with its European allies can combine law enforcement and economic strategies to bring far more hurt on Putin than Putin can on us.  Then we wouldn't need "to subsidize the social programs of western europe via the military defense shield we provide". Putin is capable of sociopathic madman type of assaults on innocents to create chaos, and we've already seen proof of the opening salvos on UK soil.

ICYMI, Mattis' speech at Hopkins on U.S. national defense strategy for 2018: Expanding the competitive space

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Name one country in history that has ever successfully invaded Russia. 

You've become fully indoctrinated.  Look at you puff your chest out with pride.  At least you're wearing it, instead of the tired both sides bullshit.  Props?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lemonlime said:

What in the actual fuck?  This should be bigger news than it is.

Lots of thing should be bigger news, but it's kind of hard when kids are in concentration camps and we've got a Supreme Court getting ready to reverse abortion rights.

https://www.politico.eu/article/donald-trump-nato-summit-rips-into-germany/

U.S. President Donald Trump laced into Germany ahead of a high-stakes NATO leaders’ summit in Brussels, declaring at a breakfast meeting Wednesday morning that Germany is “totally controlled by Russia” and lashing out at the controversial Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline project.

Trump’s remarks appeared to stun NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg, who has been working hard to convince Trump that NATO allies are responding to the president’s repeated demands for increased military spending.

“I think it’s very sad when Germany makes a massive oil and gas deal with Russia, where you’re supposed to be guarding against Russia and Germany goes out and pays billions and billions of dollars a year to Russia,” Trump said in his opening remarks at the breakfast, which were broadcast live on television.

“So we’re protecting Germany, we’re protecting France, we’re protecting all of these countries. And then numerous of the countries go out and make a pipeline deal with Russia where they’re paying billions of dollars into the coffers of Russia,” Trump continued. “And I think that’s very inappropriate.”

“It should have never been allowed to have happened,” Trump said. “But Germany is totally controlled by Russia. Because they’ll be getting 60 to 70 percent of their energy from Russia and a new pipeline … I think it’s a very bad thing for NATO and I don’t think it should have happened, and I think we have to talk to Germany about it.”

Edited by Francisco 2.0

7 hours ago, RPM said:

Does the executive branch even have control of that?

Can you imagine Fox News, GOP, and moron trumpkins of Obama had signed an EO like that? They would flip their shit. Still waiting for someone, anyone, with influence to stand up and call him on this. I’ll be waiting a while. 

Can you imagine Fox News, GOP, and moron trumpkins of Obama had signed an EO like that? They would flip their shit. Still waiting for someone, anyone, with influence to stand up and call him on this. I’ll be waiting a while. 

And they would be right to flip out. What’s wrong is that they aren’t flipping out now.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Woodrow Call said:

Trump is the most dangerous man in the world. He's attempting to destroy a stable world order that has kept us out of major wars for nearly 75 years. A complete fucking idiot. 

Not just a stable world order. A stable world order WE built to ensure WE are top dogs, economically, diplomatically and militarily.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Not just a stable world order. A stable world order WE built to ensure WE are top dogs, economically, diplomatically and militarily.

Correct.  We rebuilt Germany for our own strength. To have a strong economic partner in Europe and launch pad against the Russians. Now this fucker wants to flip everything as if world peace and economic stability were fucking pancakes. 

Just now, retread said:

You'd have to think there's a very good chance of a recession and a decent chance of WWIII.

IDK about WW3 but tax cuts to the wealthy, tariffs, stock market boom due to record-breaking profits, huge wealth and income disparity....

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

IDK about WW3 but tax cuts to the wealthy, tariffs, stock market boom due to record-breaking profits, huge wealth and income disparity....

I think we're headed toward a period of extreme economic instability. Markets don't like volatility, and everything about this administration is volatile. Then there's the issue of the tax cuts. The deficit is going to be massive. And then there's the trade war.  All of this adds up to a perfect storm.  

24 minutes ago, Woodrow Call said:

Trump is the most dangerous man in the world. He's attempting to destroy a stable world order that has kept us out of major wars for nearly 75 years.

I'm no historian, and I wasn't alive when this happened, but it's starting to feel like the Cuban missile crisis . . . and the rest of the free world is Kennedy.  We're Kruschev/Castro.

That's a mind-bender.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, retread said:

You'd have to think there's a very good chance of a recession and a decent chance of WWIII.

The Cold War and the continuation of it now as the battle between the West and Russia/illiberals is World War 3.  

All we’re missing is a shitload of dead bodies. 

9 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

And that's the part the idiots don't understand.

All I know is Trump keeps bitching about how we're "protecting Germany" as the majority of their defenses are focused on NATO.  Historically, letting Germany build up their military usually ends up in a European continental conflict that we end up engaged in.

10 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm no historian, and I wasn't alive when this happened, but it's starting to feel like the Cuban missile crisis . . . and the rest of the free world is Kennedy.  We're Kruschev/Castro.

That's a mind-bender.

It represents the historical low point in American diplomacy.