Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

Reagan flat out warning us about Trump:

Our peaceful trading partners are not our enemies; they are our allies. We should beware of the demagogs who are ready to declare a trade war against our friends—weakening our economy, our national security, and the entire free world—all while cynically waving the American flag. The expansion of the international economy is not a foreign invasion; it is an American triumph, one we worked hard to achieve, and something central to our vision of a peaceful and prosperous world of freedom.

After the Second World War, America led the way to dismantle trade barriers and create a world trading system that set the stage for decades of unparalleled economic growth. And in one week, when important multilateral trade talks are held in Montreal, we will be in the forefront of efforts to improve this system. We want to open more markets for our products, to see to it that all nations play by the rules, and to seek improvement in such areas as dispute resolution and agriculture. We also want to bring the benefits of free trade to new areas, including services, investment, and the protection of intellectual property. Our negotiators will be working hard for all of us.

Yes, back in 1776, our Founding Fathers believed that free trade was worth fighting for. And we can celebrate their victory because today trade is at the core of the alliance that secure the peace and guarantee our freedom; it is the source of our prosperity and the path to an even brighter future for America.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

An isolated slap fight with a few blindside punches and kicks indicates to you that things are getting out of hand? Take a Xanax.

My only concern is why didn't the Russian honor guard step up to quell the violence?

A0D7C5BA-D3A0-41D3-9961-4FAC3A79F827.jpe

Russian cheek bones are higher. 

WNB. 

33 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Trumpism is a plague that needs to be shouted down. Sorry if that hurts your fee fees

www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-anxiety-disorder-mental-health-political-divide-us-1.4762487

You can go to therapy, it appears  

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 8

The people in this photograph just completed their "teaching Donald Trump Jr. how to stand" clinic and they're as proud of him as they are themselves.  High fives all around because that's pretty good standing for a beginner.  

1e7100bd3e9651c7992e84985cdb15e5.jpg

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chooky said:

The people in this photograph just completed their "teaching Donald Trump Jr. how to stand" clinic and they're as proud of him as they are themselves.  High fives all around because that's pretty good standing for a beginner.  

Are these the parents of the Jersey Shore cast?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

yes, i joined a FB group and went to a meeting. They looked like losers. Not that I hate them, since I vote Democrat always, but I can't support their tactics. 

I picture you walking into the meeting saying "How do you do, fellow Democrats?" 

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, TornACL said:

I picture you walking into the meeting saying "How do you do, fellow Democrats?" 

1 minute ago, Orca of Peace said:

i was probably the oldest guy in the place, which was an apartment complex lounge area. 

Now it just sounds creepy.

11 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

yes, i joined a FB group and went to a meeting. They looked like losers. Not that I hate them, since I vote Democrat always, but I can't support their tactics. 

Most antifa don’t work in large groups and they really don’t meet.  They mainly work autonomously online spending their time doxxing Nazis and white supremacists.

Their goal is to prevent the fascist movement from organizing or given a platform in society.

I don’t agree with all their tactics either but the antifa you see on TV and Facebook aren’t the ones really committed to the movement.

• Like 1

Orca is going with the Trump strategy with "I always vote Democrat" and "I don't even support Trump."  Tell a lie enough times and hope people will start to believe it.  

We can see your posting history.  We don't believe you.

31 minutes ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

My grandfather was an antifa. He earned a purple heart for the cause as well. There were most assuredly not good people on both sides. There were good people on one side and genocidal maniacs among a population blinded by nationalism on the other.

he was a Soviet soldier?

• Fuck You 4

3 hours ago, Chooky said:

That entire poster is the definition of "overthinking it."  I'm right.  You're wrong.  The poster is fucking stupid and is the perfect example of the type of meaningless bullshit that nauseates blue collar people in flyover states who could otherwise be lured back to a party that was founded on supporting the working class.  My description of it above was perfect.  You finding anything meaningful or poignant in that stupid fucking art is flawed and misguided.  I can now picture you finding a piece of generic corporate decoration of a sailboat water color in a Motel 6 as transcendent and brilliant.  Really?  A black hand shaking a white hand?  Does the black and white yin yang cookie still touch your soul? 

How about a poster of a lesbian with purple hair and dressed like a construction worker holding hands with the ghost of Chalres Krauthammer as a sentimental message of tolerance?  Remember that time a bunch of union organizers approached crowds of factory laborers and told them not to worry about healthcare and employee incentives and instead showed them a drawing of a black puppy playing with a white puppy in a field of flowers?  

It lacks substance and is the perfectly illustrated version of heading down the wrong path to win elections.  Overthinking it?  You should try just thinking instead of automatically swallowing bumper sticker bullshit that you see on Twitter like a loyal simpleton.  The current ruling party's greatest achievement is a tax bill that polls in the low 20's and there are still people urging the DNC to talk more about feelings.  It's dumb and wrong.     

i'm not saying i disagree with you but in general, what kind of poster art would have substance? in regards to this one specifically, would it have more substance if all the hands were white? or is the meaningless bullshit that the uncle sam hand is black? if all the hands were white, i'd shrug and not care. if all the hands were black, i'd do the same. so in trying to ascertain your viewpoint, i'm not sure why one version would be nauseating and the other not.

3 hours ago, Chooky said:

Then what's the point of taking the time to prepare any visual or verbal message?  Why did you post it here?  What did you find important or substantive about it?  Why would you be a mindless echo amplifier for banal bullshit hurled at you on the internet?

Official-Donald-trump-Make-America-Great

Because banal shit like this works so well. It's highly unfortunate, but where we are at. Brisket out front should have told you. 

Most antifa don’t work in large groups and they really don’t meet.  They mainly work autonomously online spending their time doxxing Nazis and white supremacists.
Their goal is to prevent the fascist movement from organizing or given a platform in society.
I don’t agree with all their tactics either but the antifa you see on TV and Facebook aren’t the ones really committed to the movement.

Orca is going with the Trump strategy with "I always vote Democrat" and "I don't even support Trump."  Tell a lie enough times and hope people will start to believe it.  

Well, orca is a troll who’s lying about going to a fake meeting, so there’s that.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom said:

And I’m starting to think he may not be a real killer whale, either.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chooky said:

Puffing out his chest while sucking in the potbelly. Truly his fathers son 

1 hour ago, achooloco said:

i'm not saying i disagree with you but in general, what kind of poster art would have substance? in regards to this one specifically, would it have more substance if all the hands were white? or is the meaningless bullshit that the uncle sam hand is black? if all the hands were white, i'd shrug and not care. if all the hands were black, i'd do the same. so in trying to ascertain your viewpoint, i'm not sure why one version would be nauseating and the other not.

It would be impossible to be more specific than I already have.  Yes, it's just one poster, but it's a dumb and misguided approach with an appeal that provokes a circle jerk of virtue at most.  

Lets forget the democrat in Pennsylvania who won a Republican stronghold by dispatching with the clutter and directly appealing to working class issues.  Dismiss the democratic Senate campaign that has a certain guy within five points of a Senate race in fucking Texas and the tactics that got him there.  The point is take sensitivity topics to southerners and ranchers and farmers and try to get them to understand which gender pronouns are appropriate and which bathroom Bruce Jenner gets to shit in and your thoughts on diversity and see how long you hold their attention.  Aside from all of that it's simply cornball as fuck.  And people who are incapable of receiving criticisms or acknowledging massive flaws in their own team are exhaustive, humorless and useless to me.  

• Like 2

Chooky is right.  That poster has all the subtlety of a turd in the senior prom punch bowl.  It's a terribly ham-handed "marketing" approach, and is exactly the kind of shit the Democrats need to be avoiding, not promoting.  But this is a party that put morons like Donna Brazile and Debbie Wasserman-Schultz in charge of the national committee, so forgive them, for they (literally) know not what they do.

• Like 2

So, here's a preview (surprise, surprise) of Team R's response when it's finally proven that Trump knew of the Russian meeting in advance:

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/399337-gop-lawmaker-nobodys-going-to-be-surprised-if-trump-approved-russia?__twitter_impression=true&__twitter_impression=true

Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) on Saturday downplayed renewed scrutiny over whether President Trump knew in advance about his son's meeting with a Russian lawyer offering dirt on Hillary Clinton before the 2016 election, saying "nobody’s going to be surprised."

Issa was pressed by Fox News's Neil Cavuto during an interview on whether Trump could face legal consequences if proof emerges that he knew about the June 2016 Trump Tower meeting that was billed to Donald Trump Jr. as "part of Russia and its government's support" for Trump.

If he’s proven to have not told the whole truth about the fact that campaigns look for dirt, and if someone offers it, you listen to them, nobody’s going to be surprised,” Issa told Cavuto. “There are some things in politics that you just take for granted.”

8 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

So, here's a preview (surprise, surprise) of Team R's response when it's finally proven that Trump knew of the Russian meeting in advance:

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/399337-gop-lawmaker-nobodys-going-to-be-surprised-if-trump-approved-russia?__twitter_impression=true&__twitter_impression=true

We will be informed of an "alternate history" by Monday, I am sure... (such as this):

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Orca of Peace said:

Fucking lulz. There are plenty of retards on "both sides", but nobody believes that shit.

19 minutes ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

...so I guess he's gonna change what a week means now? How is he gonna golf at least 37% of every week with those numbers?

He's not.  He's going to tweet a whole lot from the golf course.  He makes a lot of money billing the government for those stays and when it comes down to it, it's all about Trump.  He'll ruin their brand like his own and they'll allow it to happen, most likely because they're criminals too.  

• Like 1