Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

On 8/4/2018 at 10:19 PM, markstanco said:

I've hired an additional 8 people this year. Overtime every day and a crew comes in on Saturday. We are in the oil and gas and steel/aluminum markets. I would hire more but cant find the right people

2 years ago we were on 4 day work weeks and I considered 3. No bullshit.

Hate trump all you want with his Twitter or what not, but my factory workers love him right now. We have been giving raises to many employees.

You didn’t build that company, trump did?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Native Horn said:

Wow, I'm gonna sleep SO much better tonight knowing that we are besties with Botswana.

Jeff Flake is trolling the GOP so hard.  He’s on the Senate Judiciary Committee and because he unilaterally decided to take a month long vacation to Africa, none of Trump’s judicial appointments can make it out of committee until he returns.

He’s taking it a step further by tweeting pictures of himself working with black people in Africa instead of advancing Trump’s agenda.

LOLZ

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Jeff Flake is trolling the GOP so hard.  He’s on the Senate Judiciary Committee and because he unilaterally decided to take a month long vacation to Africa, none of Trump’s judicial appointments can make it out of committee until he returns.

He’s taking it a step further by tweeting pictures of himself working with black people in Africa instead of advancing Trump’s agenda.

LOLZ

Don't worry, he'll come home just in time to rubber stamp Kavanaugh out of committee and then vote for him on the floor.  But he'll still be very concerned about it.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Right. I remember when Obama talked about debt ceilings. That was some really cute shit. Made you almost think that it was anything more than polical posturing. 

Seriously?  That's like pretending you've got your household budget under control because you decided to stop paying your mortgage.  That's your case for why Obama was fiscally irresponsible?  What the fuck. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

LOLZ

I read somewhere that turned out not to be true, and the only time that he's away is time during which the committee was not meeting on nominees. 

Edit:  https://www.weeklystandard.com/haley-byrd/is-jeff-flakes-summer-vacation-sabotaging-trumps-judicial-nominees

Edited by Mojo Hand

22 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

I read somewhere that turned out not to be true, and the only time that he's away is time during which the committee was not meeting on nominees. 

Edit:  https://www.weeklystandard.com/haley-byrd/is-jeff-flakes-summer-vacation-sabotaging-trumps-judicial-nominees

Either way, it’s a subtle thumb of the nose to Trump and the GOP.  If you were to come up with a way to do the exact opposite of the Trump agenda, promoting democracy in the heart of Africa would be at the top of the list. 

7 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Either way, it’s a subtle thumb of the nose to Trump and the GOP.  If you were to come up with a way to do the exact opposite of the Trump agenda, promoting democracy in the heart of Africa would be at the top of the list. 

Or voting against the agenda instead of being a little whiny bitch.

Sorry Hugo, your Jeff Flake mancrush is seriously whack. The dude has had 20 months of opportunities to stall or vote against the agenda, especially with McCain out and thus a 50-49 Senate majority.

Bob Corker and Jeff Flake are the worst kind of elected Republicans.  The rest may be all talk no action, but Corker and Flake are more like ALL THE BITCHING and still no action.

History won't be kind to the 2 who retired for being vocally anti-Trump when their voting records say otherwise (83% with Trump)

• Like 6

Again and again over the past two years, a military coalition led by Saudi Arabia and backed by the United States has claimed it won decisive victories that drove al-Qaida militants from their strongholds across Yemen and shattered their ability to attack the West.

Here’s what the victors did not disclose: many of their conquests came without firing a shot.

That’s because the coalition cut secret deals with al-Qaida fighters, paying some to leave key cities and towns and letting others retreat with weapons, equipment and wads of looted cash, an investigation by The Associated Press has found. Hundreds more were recruited to join the coalition itself.

al-Qaida is good now.

https://apnews.com/f38788a561d74ca78c77cb43612d50da

16 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Or voting against the agenda instead of being a little whiny bitch.

Sorry Hugo, your Jeff Flake mancrush is seriously whack. The dude has had 20 months of opportunities to stall or vote against the agenda, especially with McCain out and thus a 50-49 Senate majority.

Bob Corker and Jeff Flake are the worst kind of elected Republicans.  The rest may be all talk no action, but Corker and Flake are more like ALL THE BITCHING and still no action.

History won't be kind to the 2 who retired for being vocally anti-Trump when their voting records say otherwise (83% with Trump)

I don’t love Flake but I’m a realist when it comes to his situation.  I get it, you hate him because he won’t do exactly what you want him to do and that’s fine.  However, he is a REPUBLICAN. 

If you’re going to take this stance with Flake, why aren’t you upset with the democrats not screaming from every rooftop about this administration?  

Their silence is deafening but I know why their quiet.  The same reason as Flake, they’re playing politics instead of doing what is morally and justifiably right.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

No, I hate him because he's playing politics instead of doing what is morally and justifiably right.  Not because he's "not doing what I want."

The hardest thing for someone to do is to stand up for what is right in the face of opposition.  He KNOWS what Trump is doing is wrong and dangerous and out of control and he just talks.  If it mattered to him AT ALL, at fucking all, he'd do something about it - and quitting and going home and trying to wait out Trumpism for his own personal gain is not doing something about it. 

Just like Rand Paul, when people start holding up these individuals as "principled," they will be immediately let down because they have none. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Trump is just talking too, yet his words are dangerous to democracy.

Flake is fighting that with his words, which are meaningless to you.

Do you see the paradox? 

I mean, arguing with you is dumb.

Donald Trump is the president of the United States with the biggest platform and bully pulpit.  His words mean something.

Jeff Flake just tweets pictures of himself in Africa.  He's going to come home and rubber stamp the rest of the Senate agenda until he is out of office in January 2019.  Donald Trump will still be President.  Trump 1, Flake 0.

Edited by Js1
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I think you're stretching because you really love the idea of elected Republicans opposing Trump.  Unfortunately, it's just an idea so far, not reality.  Trump doesn't give a fuck about what Flake is doing on his vacation.   Flake's Judiciary vote is still in his pocket. 

20 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I mean, arguing with you is dumb.

Donald Trump is the president of the United States with the biggest platform and bully pulpit.  His words mean something.

Jeff Flake just tweets pictures of himself in Africa.  He's going to come home and rubber stamp the rest of the Senate agenda until he is out of office in January 2019.  Donald Trump will still be President.  Trump 1, Flake 0.

What could Jeff Flake ever do to earn your respect?  

I’m disappointed in Flake for not taking his one man rhetorical crusade far enough but I know he still has a card or two left to play. 

If Trump is ever going to be removed from office, it will take people like Jeff Flake to do it.  

This collective Jeff Flake hating doesn’t send a good message to his colleagues that are on the fence about standing up to Trump.  

If we were smart, we would applaud any Republican that takes a stand against the administration, rhetorical or otherwise.  But we’re not smart.  We’re fucking stupid and will attack republicans that speak out against Trump because they’re in front of us and not doing what we think they should do.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

Jeff Flake is keeping his powder dry for a run at POTUS.  

He should not be praised for doing so at a time like this.  He's as bad as any of them . . . his actions are what matters.

The only one of that (R) crew I'll grudgingly give a bit of credit to is McCain, because every once in awhile he actually does the right thing instead of just talking a big game.

• Like 2

Jeff Flake is keeping his powder dry for a run at POTUS.  
He should not be praised for doing so at a time like this.  He's as bad as any of them . . . his actions are what matters.
The only one of that ® crew I'll grudgingly give a bit of credit to is McCain, because every once in awhile he actually does the right thing instead of just talking a big game.

This is the right answer.

8 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’m disappointed in Flake for not taking his one man rhetorical crusade far enough but I know he still has a card or two left to play. 

If Trump is ever going to be removed from office, it will take people like Jeff Flake to do it.  

This collective Jeff Flake hating doesn’t send a good message to his colleagues that are on the fence about standing up to Trump.  

If we were smart, we would applaud any Republican that takes a stand against the administration, rhetorical or otherwise.  But we’re not smart.  We’re fucking stupid and will attack republicans that speak out against Trump because they’re in front of us not doing what we think they should do.

I smell a really shitty analogy coming...

1 hour ago, Tuco said:

Seriously?  That's like pretending you've got your household budget under control because you decided to stop paying your mortgage.  That's your case for why Obama was fiscally irresponsible?  What the fuck. 

It was amazing to watch all of the "conservatives" who claimed to believe that we had to get our fiscal situation under control, in order to stave off the economic disaster that would occur the day we no longer could pay our debts if we didn't, support electing not to pay our debts.

8 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The minimum that he could do is cast a deciding vote against Trump on a significant policy issue.   If that opportunity should not arise, the minimum would be extracting a concrete policy victory on an important issue by withholding his committee vote for judicial nominee.  And I'd go full Hugo on Flake if he were to announce his formal withdrawal from the party and became an Independent Republican or something like that. 

13 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

The minimum that he could do is cast a deciding vote against Trump on a significant policy issue.   If that opportunity should not arise, the minimum would be extracting a concrete policy victory on an important issue by withholding his committee vote for judicial nominee.  And I'd go full Hugo on Flake if he were to announce his formal withdrawal from the party and became an Independent Republican or something like that. 

McCain, Murkowski and Collins actually voted against something meaningful.

So he could try doing that.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

It was amazing to watch all of the "conservatives" who claimed to believe that we had to get our fiscal situation under control, in order to stave off the economic disaster that would occur the day we no longer could pay our debts if we didn't, support electing not to pay our debts.

Whats more amazing to me is how the partisan lines are drawn around the issue, with the strongest wind being which of our glorious political parties sits on the throne at the given moment. 

7 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Whats more amazing to me is how the partisan lines are drawn around the issue, with the strongest wind being which of our glorious political parties sits on the throne at the given moment. 

What amazes me is the bothsiders who don't have any perspective on debt/deficit reduction.

Your family will have spikes, and valleys, of debt and deficit.  Spike when you borrow money for the master's degree, decline as you pay it off.  Spike when you borrow money for a house, decline as you pay it off and build equity.

San folks are against two things:

1) unsustainable levels of debt, regardless of whether the expenditure was a good idea.  Yes, a degree and a house are good things.   But maybe don't borrow for both at the same time.  And maybe get the degree from UT, and not a private school that costs 3X the amount.

2) stupid and unnecessary debt.  Borrowing $10k to go on the all-inclusive vacation to Aruba, borrowing $70k for the new Porsche Cayenne, all while you still have student loans and a house payment....that's fucking stupid.

So, to summarize -- all debt/deficit is not bad.  TOO MUCH is bad.  Taking it on for BAD REASONS is bad.  This admin has happened to do BOTH.  And by doing so, we don't have much capacity left for when the next crisis hits (metaphorically, our AC goes out, or our car needs a necessary repair).  The previous admin arguably did the first one (although where to draw the line in terms of responding to the events of 2008 is a tough call), but not the second.

And of course, nevermind that our deficit trend line was going down until now, and now it's pointing way up, cuz both sides.  The only way that "both sides-ism" works is if volume, amount, degree, and quality don't matter.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

No, what we are seeing a factual discussion that 1) deficits have decreased under Democratic administrations, 2) that failing to pay our bills is a horribly stupid way to address the deficit/debt.  Just because it doesn't play into your "both sides" narrative to which you are wholly committed, doesn't make it less true.  There are plenty of reasons to criticize Democrats, much of which has to do with the budget.  But you can't pretend that both sides are equally to blame on all issues.  Clearly, they are not. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DigDug said:

You are a regular follower to right wing AM radio and fox news.    You, your family, your coworkers, all your friends are Trumpkins.  Stop trying to act like you're rational.  All of you voted for him, you support him daily,  I don't wish any ill on you personally, but hopefully your myopic bubble gets needle popped at some point soon and we can move this planet forward.

forget it, jim.  he's dead.

19 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Debt-to-GDP increase correlates strongly with Republican administrations.  That's a fact.  Any other #bothsides and #whatabouts are just chaff.

What trend line crack pipe are you guys smoking?  Oh right, the one that doesn't include any consideration of the legislative body of government. Since the 1980's the only times that debt as a function of GDP has decreased is when we had split government, and specifically GOP control of congress in opposition to a Democrat WH. Shit, one of the strongest correlations to the inflection points is periods where government shutdowns were taking place.  Which is quite the commentary of itself.  Our government does it's best work when it shuts down. 

main-qimg-1feeb9a4df148c4d1e16232fdd64ed

Edited by Anastasis

35 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I don't recall ever hearing any Dems advocate intentionally defaulting on our debt payments.

12 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Inflection points aren't trends.  Second derivative out front should've told you.

I can't wait for 2020, when the blue wave pushes us right into the port of fiscal responsibility.

8 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I don't recall ever hearing any Dems advocate intentionally defaulting on our debt payments.

That would be "unpatriotic" of course. 

8 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

What that chart shows is that since Reagan, the trajectory has bent up under R presidents and down under D presidents.   And that has continued yet again under Trump, which is not on the chart.   Both W and Trump had R Congresses.  

"Since the 1980's the only times that debt as a function of GDP has decreased is when we had split government, and specifically GOP control of congress in opposition to a Democrat WH. "

19 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Good old Fox and Friends driving the administration right along.

It is insane to me that a dude who has unsuccessfully run for Congress in three straight elections, failing to even reach 18% IN THE PRIMARY the last time, is given a platform like this.  Verbally fellating the President at every opportunity is all it takes now, I guess.

14 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

It is insane to me that a dude who has unsuccessfully run for Congress in three straight elections, failing to even reach 18% IN THE PRIMARY the last time, is given a platform like this.  Verbally fellating the President at every opportunity is all it takes now, I guess.

Screen-Shot-2018-02-06-at-12.33.19.jpg

7 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Why should there be an investigation?  Donald has gone on record stating that collusion is not a crime.

It's amazing the wild grasping at straws he's attempted to get out of this jam.

I also enjoy his pussy ass use of "quoting" the blowhards that get paid to talk on Fox and Friends. What an absolute fraud and coward this small, small man is.

12 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

"Since the 1980's the only times that debt as a function of GDP has decreased is when we had split government, and specifically GOP control of congress in opposition to a Democrat WH. "

We don't have equal sample sizes of each option.   What we know is that the curves bend down under D presidents and way up under R presidents and all-R governments.   The only examples of D governments we have are stability early under Clinton and the 2008-2009 economic crisis that started under W.    You're making assumptions that aren't supported by the data to make a false equivalency to reality shown by the data.   I agree that D presidents and R Congresses bend the curve down, but a big part of that is the tax increases that D presidents have been able to force, and those would be larger under an all-D government. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GSU&UT said:

Let's be frank, extended droughts and rainfall are becoming more of the norm here too which is no doubt contributing to the problem. I know unfortunately so many of you want to act like this isn't human caused by burning fossil fuels, but the vast VAST majority of scientists agree on this.

I talked to some UT hydrologists out in West Texas. They have been doing soil moisture readings all across Texas for about 50 years. They said that, within about 35 years, Austin's going to look a lot like San Angelo does now.

• Like 2

It's almost like people open advocated for that to happen in 2016 but the BOTHSIDERS and the "omg lesser of two evils" couldn't help but fuck it up.