Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Right, we all want justice for Trump.

I was thinking of the humiliation the country would suffer by going 25th 

We could do without that. 

We are beyond humiliation as it now stands.... the 25th would be a sign that someone in DC is an American....

• Like 1

the timing of this op-ed is interesting.  it drops during the Kavanaugh confirmation hearings, which was the big story.  now this op-ed is stealing its thunder, or more appropriately, burying the Kavanaugh hearings.

Kavanaugh will be confirmed.  it's the main reason a lot of non-racist people voted for Trump.  SCOTUS will have a solid conservative majority panel for years to come.  the powers that be will have gotten what they wanted from Trump - to appoint Gorsuch and Kavanaugh.

now that they've used Trump for his SCOTUS appointments, i think you'll see them start to abandon Trump.  i think this op-ed was a trial balloon.  and with Woodward's book coming out, as well the Mueller investigation/lawsuits digging deeper into Trump's family and money, and the November slaughter, the end is coming for Trump.  and many will jump off the Titanic.  he'll be left with the QAnon/white supremacist crowd.

• Like 2

The root of the problem is the president’s amorality. Anyone who works with him knows he is not moored to any discernible first principles that guide his decision making.

So Trump is just like everyone else in Washington. Truly, truly shocking stuff.

5 minutes ago, otisdog said:

We are beyond humiliation as it now stands.... the 25th would be a sign that someone in DC is an American....

I don’t think it sets a good precedent.  The 25th is essentially a coup.

Not great for democracy.

I’d feel better if the American people got a chance to clean up this mess. 

Yeah, Trump is dangerous and should be removed but this situation needs to hurt, it needs to be painful.  So it never happens again.

19 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Perhaps the cabinet could make a deal with Congress to remove via impeachment or force resignation. 

25th amendment Is a difficult process for removal and would be a humiliating way to oust a potus. 

Who am I kidding, nothing matters.

20 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Sixty million Americans thought it would be a good idea to put Donald Trump in the White House.

Well done, morons.

While a good point, almost all of them did not know the depth of his dementia or his depth of collusion with Russia. Hell I didn’t know that at least right after he got elected and I hated the thought of this idiot becoming president before it ever happened. Remember what Chappelle said on Saturday night live that he’s gonna give him a chance? Welll I did and that was obviously a mistake. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

While a good point, almost all of them did not know the depth of his dementia or his depth of collusion with Russia. Hell I didn’t know that at least right after he got elected and I hated the thought of this idiot becoming president before it ever happened. Remember what Chappelle said on Saturday night live that he’s gonna give him a chance? Welll I did and that was obviously a mistake. 

I think most Americans wanted Trump to succeed in the beginning.  I wanted him to do a good job.  Even Hillary said we should give him a chance to lead and I agreed with her.

Obviously, mistakes were made. 

What is still developing, the consequences.

• Like 1

That “give him a chance” shit was laughable from Day 1. He was never going to be successful and it was always going to be a circus because he’s a fucking clown. He’s always been a clown. We haven’t learned very much new information about Trump since he was elected. It’s just on display in a massive way and he’s actually responsible for shit that matters. 

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

It's far from conclusive evidence.  But Pence certainly does have motive to prompt action on the 25th Amendment.

And by the way--the talk about the 25th Amendment may be a tip-off.  The key passage is this: "Given the instability many witnessed, there were early whispers within the cabinet of invoking the 25th Amendment, which would start a complex process for removing the president. But no one wanted to precipitate a constitutional crisis."  So the writer isn't a member of the cabinet, but is privy to discussions that happen "within the cabinet."  That sounds a lot like the vice president.

As to the substance of the piece, and taking it at face value, I don't even know what to think.  I appreciate the takes expressed by @lemonlime and @Mojo Hand.  I don't know that I disagree with them, but I don't know that I agree with them, either.  This is just so unprecedented and unimaginable that I can't really comprehend it.  

Mike Pence has also used the phrase "first principles."

15 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

the timing of this op-ed is interesting.  it drops during the Kavanaugh confirmation hearings, which was the big story.  now this op-ed is stealing its thunder, or more appropriately, burying the Kavanaugh hearings.

Kavanaugh will be confirmed.  it's the main reason a lot of non-racist people voted for Trump.  SCOTUS will have a solid conservative majority panel for years to come.  the powers that be will have gotten what they wanted from Trump - to appoint Gorsuch and Kavanaugh.

now that they've used Trump for his SCOTUS appointments, i think you'll see them start to abandon Trump.  i think this op-ed was a trial balloon.  and with Woodward's book coming out, as well the Mueller investigation/lawsuits digging deeper into Trump's family and money, and the November slaughter, the end is coming for Trump.  and many will jump off the Titanic.  he'll be left with the QAnon/white supremacist crowd.

This.    Pence is playing along because he figures enough people are finally saying "anyone but Trump!"  He and the rest like Ryan and the turtle are hoping the country will let this all subside once Trump is ousted.  There will be no investigations beyond Trump and his group. 

I just hope Mueller has enough to hang the whole filthy disgusting bunch of them, and won't stop until every one of them is exposed.

4 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

That “give him a chance” shit was laughable from Day 1. He was never going to be successful and it was always going to be a circus because he’s a fucking clown. He’s always been a clown. We haven’t learned very much new information about Trump since he was elected. It’s just on display in a massive way and he’s actually responsible for shit that matters. 

Right, but what choice did we have? 

52 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

It's far from conclusive evidence.  But Pence certainly does have motive to prompt action on the 25th Amendment.

And by the way--the talk about the 25th Amendment may be a tip-off.  The key passage is this: "Given the instability many witnessed, there were early whispers within the cabinet of invoking the 25th Amendment, which would start a complex process for removing the president. But no one wanted to precipitate a constitutional crisis."  So the writer isn't a member of the cabinet, but is privy to discussions that happen "within the cabinet."  That sounds a lot like the vice president.

As to the substance of the piece, and taking it at face value, I don't even know what to think.  I appreciate the takes expressed by @lemonlime and @Mojo Hand.  I don't know that I disagree with them, but I don't know that I agree with them, either.  This is just so unprecedented and unimaginable that I can't really comprehend it.  

giphy.gif

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Fight like hell. From the very beginning.

You don’t wait till the blind pilot flies the plane into the mountain. You raise hell the moment he boards and heads for the cockpit. And you fight to get the plane down safely the whole time.

I gave him until the Comey firing and then it was on. 

No way it was Pence, unless he is the all time greatest actor in the world. He is totally in Trump's pocket. My money is on either Kelly or Mattis. Maybe even them together. They came out with strong statements against the book, which Trump eats up, even though the book quotes them saying direct things against him. It's been reported that they both hate their jobs, but i can see them staying on as a way to protect the country out of a sense of duty... as the Generals that they are.

5 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

This insane clown pussy is afraid to go in The Oval Office alone because he thinks The Ghosts of Presidents Past are fucking with him!!!!!

25th amendment NOW!

shouldn't that read "whose* daily routine begins around 4am"? Surely that's not a real excerpt if my ass is catching errors like that 

12 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

The ghosts are watching, motherfucker.  Can't wait til we all get to piss on his grave, ghosts included.

I dont doubt the ghost part. Those ghosts realize what trump is and the ultimate stakes. They’ve probably been given an unusual exception from heaven to intervene.