Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

My favorite part about this will be all the Republican pundits - who supported and championed Rex Tillerson as SoS - will completely defend Trump. 

I think the GOP should change it's name to the "God, I'm mendacious" Party.  GIMP.  

Edited by Hank Kingsley

I was one of the few never Trumpers that liked the Rex Tillerson pick. 

Never mind that Trump picked him only to please Putin, which of course backfired because Tillserson is one of the few people in the administration that took his job and oath seriously.

He tried to work on behalf of the American people and not Trump.  It cost him his job in the end.

So much winning.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 1

Would it be legal for someone like tillerson or kelly who spent so much time around the moron to just wear a hidden body cam documenting all of his illegal actions and turn it over to Mueller? I know in Texas you can do that legally if your employer is breaking the law or sexually harrassing you but is it legal to do to a president?

He is reacting to Tillersons interview with Bob Schieffer from CBS on Thursday night. I can't  link the tweet but he calls him undisplined and that he wouldn't read any briefs. It was pretty damning. He also mentioned that many times he had to explain that he can't do this a certain way because it would be illegal. Somebody google CBS this morning to see it if you haven't yet. That's what set Trump off.

Tillerson's a piece of shit.  If he was so concerned with Trump's lack of discipline, not reading briefs, etc. the time for him to tell the world about it was at least a year ago.  Not after 20 months of normalization of trump's behavior and the GOPers in Congress obfuscating.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

He is reacting to Tillersons interview with Bob Schieffer from CBS on Thursday night. I can't  link the tweet but he calls him undisplined and that he wouldn't read any briefs. It was pretty damning. He also mentioned that many times he had to explain that he can't do this a certain way because it would be illegal. Somebody google CBS this morning to see it if you haven't yet. That's what set Trump off.

Rex Tillerson came a little bit closer Thursday to saying what he actually thinks of President Trump.

The fired secretary of state, who while in office reportedly called Trump a “moron” (and declined to deny it), expounded on his thoughts on the president in a rare interview with CBS News’s Bob Schieffer in Houston.

It wasn’t difficult to read between the lines. Tillerson said Trump is “pretty undisciplined, doesn’t like to read” and repeatedly attempted to do illegal things. He didn’t call Trump a “moron,” but he didn’t exactly suggest that Trump was a scholar — or even just a steady leader.

“What was challenging for me coming from the disciplined, highly process-oriented ExxonMobil corporation,” Tillerson said, was “to go to work for a man who is pretty undisciplined, doesn’t like to read, doesn’t read briefing reports, doesn’t like to get into the details of a lot of things, but rather just kind of says, ‘This is what I believe.’ ”

Tillerson said Trump believes he is acting on his instincts rather than relying on facts. But Tillerson seemed to suggest that it resulted in impulsiveness.

“He acts on his instincts; in some respects, that looks like impulsiveness,” Tillerson said. “But it’s not his intent to act on impulse. I think he really is trying to act on his instincts.”

(Notice Tillerson doesn’t say Trump isn’t being impulsive; he’s saying he isn’t trying to be impulsive.)

Perhaps the most damning quote came when Tillerson talked about how Trump as president regularly attempted to do things that violated the law.

“So often, the president would say, ‘Here’s what I want to do, and here’s how I want to do it,’ " Tillerson said, according to the Houston Chronicle, “and I would have to say to him, ‘Mr. President, I understand what you want to do, but you can’t do it that way. It violates the law.’ ”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/12/07/rex-tillerson-trump-undisciplined-doesnt-like-read-tries-do-illegal-things/?utm_term=.d807e9da4366

in any other presidency, this would not fly under the radar. but here we are.

MANIACAL LAUGHTER

11 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Tillerson's a piece of shit.  If he was so concerned with Trump's lack of discipline, not reading briefs, etc. the time for him to tell the world about it was at least a year ago. 

Tillerson did call Trump a fucking moron over a year ago and didn’t deny it when pressed. 

Not sure what good would have come from him going full whistleblower a year ago.  It may have made the situation worse at that time and place.

Now seems like a good time to throw Dotard under the bus while the vultures are circling in the air.

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Tillerson did call Trump a fucking moron over a year ago and didn’t deny it when pressed. 

Not sure what good would have come from him going full whistleblower a year ago.  It may have made the situation worse at that time and place.

Now seems like a good time to throw Dotard under the bus while the vultures are circling in the air.

If Tillerson et al resigned and told the truth about Trump in, say, February or March 2017 when at least the Senate GOP was pretending to be bothered and concerned by trump's behavior, most likely we'd have President Pence right now.  Instead, they were cowards, calling him a "fucking moron" behind is back, and speaking up nearly two years later.  

2 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

If Tillerson et al resigned and told the truth about Trump in, say, February or March 2017 when at least the Senate GOP was pretending to be bothered and concerned by trump's behavior, most likely we'd have President Pence right now.  Instead, they were cowards, calling him a "fucking moron" behind is back, and speaking up nearly two years later.  

Yeah no, Tillerson’s cries for help would have fallen on deaf ears and nothing would have happened.  

Comey can publicly testify to this.

2 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

i cannot get enough of these videos. posrep.

goddamn grifters.

Just to be extra anal retentive, that's $100 for less than 8 pounds of "food", or $12.50 per pound.  Not one damn thing in that bucket would cost more than $5/lb, and most would come in WAY below that.  Purchased at your average grocery store, I'm guess the contents of that bucket would cost less than $35.

I know this will shock some people, but apparently the Good Reverend Jim Bakker is trying to fuck his flock.  Never mind that his minions probably think that bucket will last 4 people for a month -- it won't last 4 people for 3 days -- but of course it's shit food WalMart wouldn't sell (without an endorsement) and oh fuck it I just get too worked up over fake Xians.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Yeah no, Tillerson’s cries for help would have fallen on deaf ears and nothing would have happened.  

Comey can publicly testify to this.

The idea that doing nothing is the right strategy needs to die. Speak up, quit, etc. Fuck Tillerson and anyone else who has enabled this bullshit. Stop defending pieces of shit who fleeced our government and were too afraid to have a spine.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

This idiot’s presidential library is going to be almost exactly like the Costco in Idiocracy.

Easier.  Twitter just opens up a subdomain (trump.twitter.com) and archives all of it.  No building needed, no employees, just vapid nothingness.  Kind of like his Twitter feed.

4 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

This idiot’s presidential library is going to be almost exactly like the Costco in Idiocracy.

Serious question, and sorry if already discussed: what so-called university would embrace a lying, immoral grifter who hates science, cannot spell, and was demonstrably treasonous to the country?

Liberty University?   Are the self proclaimed followers of Christ’s teaching going to be the group who champions (hosts the “library”) of the man who acted antithetically to those teachings for every moment of his life?

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

The idea that doing nothing is the right strategy needs to die. Speak up, quit, etc. Fuck Tillerson and anyone else who has enabled this bullshit. Stop defending pieces of shit who fleeced our government and were too afraid to have a spine.

What exactly was Tillerson supposed to do?  Go on 60 Minutes and publicly bash the president of the United States?  How would that have been perceived?  What positive impact would that serve?  Could it have made the situation worse? 

What gives Tillerson more credibility than Comey or Sally Yates?

Seems like you’re trying to blame people who had no real control or power to change the situation. 

1 minute ago, Paul Wesley said:

Serious question, and sorry if already discussed: what so-called university would embrace a lying, immoral grifter who hates science, cannot spell, and was demonstrably treasonous to the country?

Liberty University?   Are the self proclaimed followers of Christ’s teaching going to be the group who champions (hosts the “library”) of the man who acted antithetically to those teachings for every moment of his life?

What's that university founded by the con man televangelist? Oral Roberts? They'll gladly host it. 

4 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2016/11/29/in-hiring-ian-mccaw-liberty-university-sends-a-chilling-message/?utm_term=.a1af87391a58

it's going to be liberty.

10 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

What exactly was Tillerson supposed to do?  Go on 60 Minutes and publicly bash the president of the United States?  How would that have been perceived?  What positive impact would that serve?  Could it have made the situation worse? 

What gives Tillerson more credibility than Comey or Sally Yates?

Seems like you’re trying to blame people who had no real control or power to change the situation. 

He should have quit and then gone on 60 minutes. I’m laying blame on anyone who helped support and contribute to the shitshow that is the White House. It is the moral responsibility of those in our government to speak up or leave if things are being done that violate our countries laws and values.

• Like 3