Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Also, the idiotic tariffs are going to begin squeezing the shit out of consumers in a month.

This man has no shame. Not only is he not condemning Saudi Arabia, he's thanking them. 

* I was about to bitch that gas prices haven't gone down and were still in the 2.50 a gallon range but then I looked it up. Most in my area are under 2.20. But he's still an asshole.

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Crucifixion is a terrible, terrible thing. Should never happen. And we may never know whether Jesus was guilty of crimes against Rome. Who can say? But thirty pieces IS a lot of silver, and it would be very foolish to turn it down.

credit to @normative

Crucifixion?

More like crucifiction.

32 minutes ago, bolverk said:

We're not discussing the MSM right now. We're talking about what a hypothetical other president would be doing.

MSM, particularly publications like Wapo and NYT, reflect elite opinion, including those residing inside the beltway.  If there was any impetus for change among those people with the power to effect change, or at least to influence those who do, it would be reflected in that media.  If Hilldawg is anything, she is an elite and her beliefs are virtually entirely consistent with elite opinion.  

13 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

MSM, particularly publications like Wapo and NYT, reflect elite opinion, including those residing inside the beltway.  If there was any impetus for change among those people with the power to effect change, or at least to influence those who do, it would be reflected in that media.  If Hilldawg is anything, she is an elite and her beliefs are virtually entirely consistent with elite opinion.  

My speculation is just as good yours. The fact is: we will never know in this simulation. I would, however, submit that no other presently plausible president would've given the green light to MBS to act so boldly.

Doesn't matter though, because this particular thread is about the shitty president we've currently got. Go find the Surly of Earth 2.0 and bitch about what Hilldawg is doing there.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, PappyVanVinceYoung said:

Of course, oil wasn't $82. It had a recent peak of $76.41 on October 3rd. It hasn't been $82 since October 29, 2014. He lies for absolutely no reason at all.  

Well, Brent topped $86, but it hasn't fallen below $65, so either he's intentionally using two different products to make his point look better, or he's just lying.

Oh, who am I kidding?  He's just lying.

• Like 1

My speculation is just as good yours. The fact is: we will never know in this simulation. I would, however, submit that no other presently plausible president would've given the green light to MBS to act so boldly.
Doesn't matter though, because this particular thread is about the shitty president we've currently got. Go find the Surly of Earth 2.0 and bitch about what Hilldawg is doing there.

But her emails

It's cute he thinks the Democrats are indicating they will investigate Ivanka's potential email abuses because they don't like her success and policy stances.  

They're doing it, you fucking moron, to get leverage on you.  She's the only thing you care about other than yourself.  If Mueller's probe doesn't have enough teeth, she's the next best thing to exploit.  

But who am I to judge, we're all jaded by the pussy we crave...

1 hour ago, Fozzz said:

If we're being honest, if the same thing happened under President Hilldawg we may have made some symbolic gesture, or there would have been some temporary punishment, but nothing meaningful would have really changed.  We've known who these people are for decades and we simply don't give a shit.  Power trumps all.

The HYPOTHETICAL "but Hillary!"

Quite a remarkable gem there.

• Like 2

The United States intelligence apparatus confirmed that the Saudi Crown Prince personally orchestrated the torture and murder of a U.S. resident and journalist.  The NEXT DAY the President thanks Saudi.  How in the hell do the sleeveless hordes defend this twat?   

I fully blame Trump and am going to bait him into the recess yard tomorrow so McRaven can whoop his ass.  But I found it odd that out intelligence community would so quickly and publicly release their knowledge of the situation.  They are usually more deft in situations like this for myriad reasons.  Unless they wanted him to overplay his hand.  

On top of everything else that's silly and deranged, the military has been told to use force on the border, breaking laws of having the military provide domestic law enforcement.  Where's Governor Jade Helm Hot Wheels this time?  There's literally not a single stance this administration has taken that hasn't transitioned into a hilarious cartoon of hypocrisy for its supporters -- no single avenue of logic for Trump supporters to make realistic arguments for supporting this orange clown.  It requires capitulation and humility to stand by him. A complete reversal of all the things they said mattered yesterday.  Remember when Obama was too apologetic to Saudi royalty?  This guy is apologizing for them committing murder and thanking them in front of the world for reasons that aren't even true in the first place.  Trump supporters are required to willfully fall in line in spite of all logic and must contort themselves to defending actions that were all things they stood against 18 months ago -- the requirement is to stand for nothing, ignore reality and to surrender everything for which you once claimed to stand.  It's amazing to watch this level of idolatry that folds them into a state of moral masochism.  Even the evangelical right is willing to dabble in nihilistic paganism to stay abreast of this self indulgent fool.  The GOP members who are on their way out will be the lone voices as everyone else watches us turn a really bizarre corner.        

Edited by Chooky
Happy Thanksgiving
  • Like 8

Pointing out that you're a pussy has nothing to do with emotion.  

The debt! Abortion is murder! Bow and apologize! Disrespecting our troops! Obama phones! Muslims are coming to kill us! Muslims are massing in caravans! Ms13! Prison gangs! Fuck your feelings! I’d rather be Russian than democratic.

Yeah those outside of the extreme authoritarian right are so emotional! They are so divisive! They don’t want rapists, nazis’ sympathizers and pedophiles represented!
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chooky said:

It requires capitulation and humility to stand by him. A complete reversal of all the things they said mattered yesterday.  Remember when Obama was too apologetic to Saudi royalty?  

Every day is like Groundhog Day at the Shady Acres Retirement Home. Cheeto can say anything today with zero regard to what was said in the past, and the GOP will support him. It's like there's no memory of past actions or words.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

It's cute he thinks the Democrats are indicating they will investigate Ivanka's potential email abuses because they don't like her success and policy stances.  

They're doing it, you fucking moron, to get leverage on you.  She's the only thing you care about other than yourself.  If Mueller's probe doesn't have enough teeth, she's the next best thing to exploit.  

But who am I to judge, we're all jaded by the pussy we crave...

Ivanka’s emails aren’t going to be seriously investigated by democrats.  They say that now to appear tough but I cannot begin to tell you how much shit should come before Ivanka’s emails on the Trump administration to do list.  

#1 being how compromised is Trump financially to foreign powers? 

Over the next month, I expect Trump to throw out some more innocuous scandals to the press in hopes the democrats go fishing down those dead ends. 

Things like Melania firing WH staff, John Kelly’s phone getting hacked, or Scott Pruitt’s tactical pants. 

Justice Roberts today:

U.S. Chief Justice John Roberts on Wednesday issued an extraordinary statement in response to President Trump’s criticism of federal judges, one day after the president blamed an “Obama judge” for ruling against his administration’s ban on asylum for those who cross the border illegally.

“We do not have Obama judges or Trump judges, Bush judges or Clinton judges,” Roberts said in a statement released the day before Thanksgiving. “What we have is an extraordinary group of dedicated judges doing their level best to do equal right to those appearing before them.”

“That independent judiciary is something we should all be thankful for,” the statement concluded.

4 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Also, the idiotic tariffs are going to begin squeezing the shit out of consumers in a month.

I was assured by all the O&G folks that I work with that it was absolutely imperative that everyone vote R in the midterms because the Dems would wreck the price of oil and put all of us into breadlines.

Weird.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, troph said:

Good for him. I hope he takes his legacy seriously enough to stand up to Trump in these cases. I believe he will.

I'm pretty jaded from the Flakes of the world talking a big talk and then falling back in line, but it seems like Roberts releasing that statement to the AP is a pretty extraordinary move, and one indicates that he isn't messing around.  One can only hope.

Edited by Chuckie Finster

2 minutes ago, troph said:

Good for him. I hope he takes his legacy seriously enough to stand up to Trump in these cases. I believe he will.

His ruling in Shelby County is what opened the floodgates to the voter suppression that has been occurring in Republican held states.  Fuck that piece of shit.  

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I'm pretty jaded from the Flakes of the world talking a big talk and then falling back in line, but it seems like Roberts releasing that statement to the AP is a pretty extraordinary move, and one indicates that he isn't messing around.  One can only hope.

Yeah, sitting federal judges rarely release statements like that. I'm hoping the judiciary is taking these threats seriously.

4 hours ago, Anastasis said:

These motherfucking Saudis funded and supported the people who flew planes into NYC killing thousands of Americans.  Direct consequences of action in yemen ~15k dead, indirect actions tack on another ~50k or so. They decapitate and crucify homosexuals and generally make a habit of wiping their ass with human rights. If you still cling to the delusion that America actually has values centered around democracy, self determination, and basic human rights our relationship to SA is contradictory to all of them.  But we've been best buddies now for nearly 35 years. Propping up the petro dollar, exporting the machinery of war to the ME, and promoting regional and worldwide hegemony at the expense of human rights. The reality is that judging by actions and not rhetoric, those are in fact our core American values. And while the death of a journalist in Turkey and the bitch ass response from the WH is going to result in a little dustup in the short term, the most likely outcome is that we are going to drift back to a status quo with SA, no matter who is in power here or there.  

And when we were occupying Iraq after 2003, the Saudis were funneling money and weapons into Iraq to fight a proxy war against Shiites, and that money led to training, plenty of which led to the indirect, and in some cases direct, killing of American soldiers.  

American troops captured plenty of Saudis trying to smuggle money and weapons into Iraq.

The Saudis are a big reason Iraq went downhill so fast, and why it was ripe for ISIS.  Hell, there were ISIS supporters in Saudi Arabia, who saw them as an opportunity to kill more Shiites.  

Edited by atomheartbevo

2 hours ago, Chooky said:

The United States intelligence apparatus confirmed that the Saudi Crown Prince personally orchestrated the torture and murder of a U.S. resident and journalist.  The NEXT DAY the President thanks Saudi.  How in the hell do the sleeveless hordes defend this twat?   

black guy

spicy mustard

feet on furniture

black  guy

tan suit