Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

34 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Justice Roberts today:

U.S. Chief Justice John Roberts on Wednesday issued an extraordinary statement in response to President Trump’s criticism of federal judges, one day after the president blamed an “Obama judge” for ruling against his administration’s ban on asylum for those who cross the border illegally.

“We do not have Obama judges or Trump judges, Bush judges or Clinton judges,” Roberts said in a statement released the day before Thanksgiving. “What we have is an extraordinary group of dedicated judges doing their level best to do equal right to those appearing before them.”

“That independent judiciary is something we should all be thankful for,” the statement concluded.

"So I see Obama-lover and life-long DEMOCRAT Roberts now attacking me!! Going to ask Whittaker to open a case against him!!"

• Like 2

I'm glad someone out there agrees with me. 

But as preposterous as it sounds, there’s a case to be made that he’s simultaneously America’s most honest president. Every now and then, in the midst of his unending eruption of prevarication, Trump will blurt out the truth about the United States in a way that no normal politician ever has.

Most recently, when asked whether he would consider sanctioning Saudi Arabia for its Mafia-like murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, Trump was hesitant. Why? “Because they are ordering military equipment. Everybody in the world wanted that order. Russia wanted it, China wanted it, we wanted it. We got it. … Boeing, Lockheed, Raytheon … I don’t wanna lose an order like that.”

https://theintercept.com/2018/11/21/thanksgiving-donald-trump-lies-honest-president/

Honest Donald.  He's like a racist, senile Bulworth.  

Just now, Foosters said:

I agree. If you overlook his thousands of lies, he's a pretty honest guy.

Another example would be him going along with the logic that criminalizing abortion would necessarily mean that women who obtain abortions would need to be prosecuted, something which is unspeakable within the anti-abortion movement.  He's a liar, but at the same time he's too stupid and lazy to be able to play the part that someone like him has to play.  The ordinary lies and untruths that virtually all elite politicians perform are often subtle and fairly convoluted, things that are simply beyond his grasp.  

4 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

There's a big difference.  In fact, it could be argued Khashoggi might still be alive if Hillary was president because MBS wouldn't want to deal with the consequences. 

Khashoggi was murdered because MBS knew there wouldn't be any real price to pay. 

While it might pointless to discuss what might have happened under a Clinton presidency, it is worth discussing what abnormal happened under a Trump presidency.  Specifically, for two years the United States has not had an ambassador to the Kingdom. (Trump nominated a good candidate 8 days ago.)  Jared fucking Kushner, an unelected, unappointed, unconfirmed, crooked-ass twerp dipshit was our main guy for the region.  Diplomacy is like kicking; nobody really notices until it fails.  This is a diplomatic failure.  I don't know if a Clinton State Department would have prevented it, but I know it would have taken normal, everyday, regular diplomatic efforts to prevent it, or anything else which would put our relationship with Saudi Arabia at stake.  

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, SameSame said:

That's a silly tweet in that point of origin has little effect on global prices.  

But, my understanding is that the oil prices have more to do with perceived softening of demand than in increase in supply.  But that's not something I've read up on. 

4 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

who in their right mind would think it a good idea to let a Russian be head of Interpol? That would be like appointing your own AG when you're being investigated.

While I agree about Russians heading any international agency, Interpol facilitates information sharing and collaboration between LEO agencies.  It doesn't investigate anything itself.  Russia already doesn't share shit really.  Iraq and Iran have always been members.  Countries get what they want from it really.

Edited by FondrenRoad

His ruling in Shelby County is what opened the floodgates to the voter suppression that has been occurring in Republican held states.  Fuck that piece of shit.  

I’m not a fan. Just hoping for someone else I step up at least some of the time.

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

Would they find anything that Mueller hasn't already?

I don't think it's that; it's probably more along the lines of a backup investigatory arm in case all hell breaks loose with Mueller and Company and his investigation is shut down, the findings sealed, etc.  And as Lurch said, probably to go in directions Mueller doesn't want or need to, or legally can't, etc. 

14 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Do you see that opinion word there?

Are you going to seriously argue that the MSM was not played by the Bush admin in regurgitating their lies concerning Saddam's WMD program?  It was so egregious that one of the most prominent journalists involved in reporting on it was eventually fired by the NYT.  

40 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

While I agree about Russians heading any international agency, Interpol facilitates information sharing and collaboration between LEO agencies.  It doesn't investigate anything itself.  Russia already doesn't share shit really.  Iraq and Iran have always been members.  Countries get what they want from it really.

One thing Russia wants to get is their hands on Bill Browder. If they're in charge of Interpol, they'll make things a lot harder for him. 

Regarding Kashoggi, there's really not much Trump can do, tactically speaking, for the simple fact that pursuing regime change in Saudi Arabia would be fraught with danger for the U.S. We have to accept whoever is in power there.  Pretty much the only thing that Trump can/could do is be a voice of morality and of U.S. values.  Of course, he has failed to do even that. Worthless. 

1 hour ago, Fozzz said:

Really?  A guest OpEd written by one of our leading experts on the Middle East?  That's your argument?

WMD was sold to the American people by a lot of "experts".  Expecting the media or the general population to be able to suss out the untruthfulness is idiotic.  Typical, but idiotic.

6 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Regarding Kashoggi, there's really not much Trump can do,

False, see below.

the only thing that Trump can/could do is be a voice of morality and of U.S. values.

You mean do his fucking job and not be traitor 

Regarding Kashoggi, there's really not much Trump can do, tactically speaking, for the simple fact that pursuing regime change in Saudi Arabia would be fraught with danger for the U.S. We have to accept whoever is in power there.  Pretty much the only thing that Trump can/could do is be a voice of morality and of U.S. values.  Of course, he has failed to do even that. Worthless. 

"We" literally pursued regime change to help MBS take power.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Are you going to seriously argue that the MSM was not played by the Bush admin in regurgitating their lies concerning Saddam's WMD program?  It was so egregious that one of the most prominent journalists involved in reporting on it was eventually fired by the NYT.  

When you say MSM, I'm assuming you mean Fox since they were the primary culprits.

According to study of polling data from before the invasion, 80% of Fox viewers thought that one or more of the following were true... Saddam was responsible for 9/11, he provided material support for the attack, and/or had WMDs.

By contrast, 55% of MSNBC and CNN viewers; 47% of newspaper readers; and 23% of NPR listeners did.

Study

• Like 1

"We" literally pursued regime change to help MBS take power.
Ha. Was just gonna post this:

"Kushner reportedly made a copy of the Presidential Daily Brief (PDF), which had classified information about bin Salman’s rivals, and gave the document to bin Salman to “impress” the crown prince when Kushner secretly traveled to Saudi Arabia last October.

“Jared took a list out of names from US eavesdrops of people who were supposedly MBS’s enemies,” Daily Mail’s source said. “He took a list out of these people who had been trashing MBS in phone calls, and said ‘these are the ones who are your enemies.’”"

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

And when we were occupying Iraq after 2003, the Saudis were funneling money and weapons into Iraq to fight a proxy war against Shiites, and that money led to training, plenty of which led to the indirect, and in some cases direct, killing of American soldiers.  

American troops captured plenty of Saudis trying to smuggle money and weapons into Iraq.

The Saudis are a big reason Iraq went downhill so fast, and why it was ripe for ISIS.  Hell, there were ISIS supporters in Saudi Arabia, who saw them as an opportunity to kill more Shiites.  

Anyone ever know Saudis on visa's here?  They literally do whatever the fuck they want.  They overstay and are here illegally quite often.  It's all swept under the rug with an easy fix.  We are very clearly their bitch and Trump not even giving the right lip service only adds to the embarrassment.  US policy with the Saudis under both R/D regimes has been pathetic. 

I don't have the production/consumption numbers at hand right now, but I'm curious if, combined, the US, Canada, and Mexico could theoretically be self-sufficient in oil & gas. I ask because we should those commodities as the national security assets that they are.

At the minimum, we could embargo their asses just like we do Iran over the short-term and invest heavily in renewables so we're never reliant on them again. I'll vote for a president that makes this a priority.

7 hours ago, Fozzz said:

MSM, particularly publications like Wapo and NYT, reflect elite opinion, including those residing inside the beltway.  If there was any impetus for change among those people with the power to effect change, or at least to influence those who do, it would be reflected in that media.  If Hilldawg is anything, she is an elite and her beliefs are virtually entirely consistent with elite opinion.  

Not true. "Elites" hate her for being too centrist and common. To them, she's a war mongering disappointment.

I’m ready for Trump to resign or at a minimum announce he is not running for re-election. I’m a Republican and appreciate his Supreme Court picks but enough is enough. What the fuck was he thinking with that press release? You’d think he’d grow into the job a little. Just embarrassing. Please resign and let Pence finish the term. We need to rebuild the Party from the ground up. Focus on improving wages through more favorable trade deals, reducing immigration and not looking like assholes doing it. Disavow neocon foreign policy and day use that for national infrastructure New Deal.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Nah, war is critical to our economy.  Elites love it. Instead of stimulating our economy by investing in infrastructure, education, and healthcare, we invest in shit that’s used to murder poor people in poor countries. 

Edited by Fozzz

12 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Logic:  Stop trying to create hilariously shitty and unconstitutional laws.

Fox News Logic:  This appellate jurisdiction will be fair only when it's more supportive of a president whose staff sucks at writing policy.

8 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

I’m ready for Trump to resign or at a minimum announce he is not running for re-election. I’m a Republican and appreciate his Supreme Court picks but enough is enough. What the fuck was he thinking with that press release? You’d think he’d grow into the job a little. Just embarrassing. Please resign and let Pence finish the term. We need to rebuild the Party from the ground up. Focus on improving wages through more favorable trade deals, reducing immigration and not looking like assholes doing it. Disavow neocon foreign policy and day use that for national infrastructure New Deal.

This reads like the lyrics of a dead milkmen song.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Nah, war is critical to our economy.  Elites love it. Instead of stimulating our economy by investing in infrastructure, education, and healthcare, we invest in shit that’s used to murder poor people in poor countries. 

Dead Kennedys. 🎵🎶🎶🎵🎧🎤🎸🎷

• Like 1