Minneapolis Cop Murders A Black Man

HenryJames

“I would like to apologize to my friends, teammates, the City of New Orleans, the black community, NFL community and anyone I hurt with my comments yesterday. In speaking with some of you, it breaks my heart to know the pain I have caused. 
In an attempt to talk about respect, unity, and solidarity centered around the American flag and the national anthem, I made comments that were insensitive and completely missed the mark on the issues we are facing right now as a country. They lacked awareness and any type of compassion or empathy. Instead, those words have become divisive and hurtful and have misled people into believing that somehow I am an enemy. This could not be further from the truth, and is not an accurate reflection of my heart or my character. 
This is where I stand:

I stand with the black community in the fight against systemic racial injustice and police brutality and support the creation of real policy change that will make a difference. 
I condemn the years of oppression that have taken place throughout our black communities and still exists today. 
I acknowledge that we as Americans, including myself, have not done enough to fight for that equality or to truly understand the struggles and plight of the black community. 
I recognize that I am part of the solution and can be a leader for the black community in this movement. 
I will never know what it’s like to be a black man or raise black children in America but I will work every day to put myself in those shoes and fight for what is right. 
I have ALWAYS been an ally, never an enemy. 
I am sick about the way my comments were perceived yesterday, but I take full responsibility and accountability. I recognize that I should do less talking and more listening...and when the black community is talking about their pain, we all need to listen. 
For that, I am very sorry and I ask your forgiveness.”

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

24 minutes ago, Hate said:

They just keep doubling down on their stupidity. It’s like they’ve learned nothing over the last week. They are the only ones that can stop this bullshit and they aren’t even trying.

Man, I hope there is some sort of organized national effort going on to systematically collect information on every single one of these ridiculously blatant videos of police abuse going on as evidence for major reform and legal retribution.

• Like 1

Guest Lobo
48 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Where was that video taken?  I'm sure the "we had to take him down so we could make it home tonight" excuse will reign free today.  But do you willfully open fire on a pregnant woman just sitting in a car?  

22 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Where was that video taken?  I'm sure the "we had to take him down so we could make it home tonight" excuse will reign free today.  But do you willfully open fire on a pregnant woman just sitting in a car?  

That video is from Denver, CO

17 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Man, I hope there is some sort of organized national effort going on to systematically collect information on every single one of these ridiculously blatant videos of police abuse going on as evidence for major reform and legal retribution.

This, please.  

15 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Video not playing for me.  Did they hit him?

The guy gets out of his car to goad the cops.  They pepper the car with either paint or pepper balls.  He drives off.

Just now, JBJ said:

The guy gets out of his car to goad the cops.  They pepper the car with either paint or pepper balls.  He drives off.

That sounds like aggravated assault.

I am hoping there is an effort to catch and punish everyone breaking the law on video.  Cops.  Looters.  Vandals.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

That sounds like aggravated assault.

I am hoping there is an effort to catch and punish everyone breaking the law on video.  Cops.  Looters.  Vandals.

fucking lulz. This is why we are in this shit in the first place. Nothing substantial is going to happen to these fucking fascists fuckheads. 

Just now, John Lawrence said:

Well shit.  My bad.  Had no idea who Posobiec was.  Did not realize he was OAN and like Alex Jones.  I sincerely apologize.  Feel free to neg away.

Props on actually coming back and admitting a mistake.

but I’ll ask you the same thing I asked @stone oak ...are you at all alarmed at how easily you’re manipulated by false information? Given, without a shadow of a doubt, that some of our global enemies are actively propagating false info to try and weaken our country, are you at all concerned you’re falling into their hands?

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

but I’ll ask you the same thing I asked @stone oak ...are you at all alarmed at how easily you’re manipulated by false information? Given, without a shadow of a doubt, that some of our global enemies are actively propagating false info to try and weaken our country, are you at all concerned you’re falling into their hands?

I think that is a major problem.  And the propagation is not limited to our global enemies.  I should have checked who that guy was before I posted his report.  He had a blue check, so I was giving it more credence than probably I should have.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

you mean like trump repeated telling lies on twitter and in press conferences?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John Lawrence said:

I think that is a major problem.  And the propagation is not limited to our global enemies.  I should have checked who that guy was before I posted his report.  He had a blue check, so I was giving it more credence than probably I should have.

Well there was also the issue that the claims made in the tweet were so preposterous that it should have merited some google/news confirmation. 

• Like 2

Guest Lobo
11 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Severe mental illness would be my guess.

Nope, I just don't idolize cowardice in this nation.  Go ahead and report me for getting political.  

Edited by Lobo

14 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Are pepper balls available to the general public? Adding them to the hopper in about a 1/20 ratio would really amp up that next paintball game.

Asking for a friend.

hope you don't mind spending some cashola (also lol at the product URL)

https://www.amazon.com/Rap4-Lethal-Pepper-Filled-Balls/dp/B0046VIIHQ

https://www.wsj.com/articles/looting-is-second-blow-for-reeling-businesses-especially-in-minority-neighborhoods-11591214595?shareToken=st5f66caa5d5034de1b32cabe033fb3bea

‘Everything Is Gone’: Looting Strikes a Second Blow to Reeling Businesses in Minority Neighborhoods

Along Philadelphia’s 52nd Street corridor, mom-and-pop stores suffered major damage. Many had been gearing up for revival after weeks of coronavirus shutdowns, and some now face the prospect of months before reopening, if ever.

• Like 1

That's fair.  I will be more careful going forward.
Any comment you would like to add about the arrests made yesterday by the FBI alleging three men connected to right wing extremist groups plotted to incite violence with Molotov cocktails?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Any comment you would like to add about the arrests made yesterday by the FBI alleging three men connected to right wing extremist groups plotted to incite violence with Molotov cocktails?

*checks Twitter and Breitbart*

huh? 

2 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

I hope they are punished to the full extent of the law.

Cool.

Does the factual reality of that arrest and the fictional story you posted yesterday affect your belief in the right wing news outlets pushing Antifa as the source of violence?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gourmand said:

Cool.

Does the factual reality of that arrest and the fictional story you posted yesterday affect your belief in the right wing news outlets pushing Antifa as the source of violence?

Yeah.  I think that issue is now settled and Antifa has nothing to do with the rioting and looting.  None at all.

8 hours ago, Gourmand said:

Cool, he filed a false report and did so in his capacity as a police officer.  It's both a crime, and a first amendment violation.  The journalist should file suit, and the department should terminate him, and he should be charged.  Easy peasy.

58 minutes ago, John Lawrence said:

Well shit.  My bad.  Had no idea who Posobiec was.  Did not realize he was OAN and like Alex Jones.  I sincerely apologize.  Feel free to neg away.

54 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Yeah....this.  I mean, this was such an obviously outlandish story that I called you on it with an immediate reply.  Nevermind the numerous reports of bricks being "staged by antifa" being thoroughly debunked (e.g., geolocation of the photos shows that several of them are many miles away from any protests or other action.  They're just fucking stacks or boxes of bricks.  Which happens.)  There is a significant, coordinated disinformation campaign, with participants like Posobiec, Identity Europa, and various other white supremacist and related groups, amplified by the typical irresponsible mouthpieces on Fox and OANN.  It is aimed at delegitimizing a huge, valid, popular movement in favor of racial justice and police accountability.  ALL they talk about -- seriously, it's the ONLY THING -- is violence, and thugs, and these are terrorists, BLM is terrorists, etc.

BLM is my fucking neighbors and friends, adults and kids, marching for dignity, respect, equality, and the right to live as free and safe Americans.  Calling them terrorists is shameful propaganda.  Stop propagating it.  

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, John Lawrence said:

What about Prosbiec, who made an actual false report, causing police resources to be diverted looking for his completely made up terrorist cell....and after it was amplified by numerous other mouthpieces, including you.  Should he face legal consequences for making a flat-out fake statement to divert police resources and create fear and unrest?  You know that knowingly and intentionally propagating false information to propagate fear and violence is actually terrorism, right?

2 minutes ago, John Lawrence said:

Yeah.  I think that issue is now settled and Antifa has nothing to do with the rioting and looting.  None at all.

I think the issue many folks have with the jumping to blame antifa for every bad act is that it's transparent scapegoating while completely ignoring the actual groups that are inciting the violence.

Well, that and your propensity to carpet bomb threads with tweets from right wing conspiracy and pizzagate folks.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

What about Prosbiec, who made an actual false report, causing police resources to be diverted looking for his completely made up terrorist cell....and after it was amplified by numerous other mouthpieces, including you.  Should he face legal consequences for making a flat-out fake statement to divert police resources and create fear and unrest?  You know that knowingly and intentionally propagating false information to propagate fear and violence is actually terrorism, right?

If you want to start prosecuting media members for false reports and fake news, I am not sure we have the prison space.  And I am not sure it is legally actionable unless you make the report to law enforcement.

1 minute ago, John Lawrence said:

If you want to start prosecuting media members for false reports and fake news, I am not sure we have the prison space.  And I am not sure it is legally actionable unless you make the report to law enforcement.

He's not a media member.  He's a nothing.  He made up a very dangerous, completely fake story, about a planned terrorist attack, diverting valuable police resources and adding incredible tension to a dangerous time.  He's an enemy propagandist with a mission of destabilizing our country, plunging it into further violence, for his political advantage.

In other words, he's everything you claim to hate in antifa, but he gets a pass.  

Identity Europa gets a pass.

All the folks on "your team" creating false and dangerous narratives, get a pass.  Fuck this shit.

• Like 4

Just now, John Lawrence said:

Are you familiar with the term "stochastic", specifically in relation to terrorism? Like, say pushing a conspiracy that democrats were hoarding children in the basement of a pizza joint and inciting such fervor about it that a man walked in with an AR and discharged a round inside just to get the inside scoop himself? That's what your boy Prosbiec does. And that's a real-world example of the stochastic terrorism he has directly incited.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hate said:

They just keep doubling down on their stupidity. It’s like they’ve learned nothing over the last week. They are the only ones that can stop this bullshit and they aren’t even trying.

I don't know if this example from Asheville has been discussed, but its depressing how petty cops' behavior has been and how many injuries/bad situations have come from that behavior.  Add to that Asheville was one of the cities where cops took a knee to acknowledge the protesters, so I guess that was just a PR move rather than a statement of actual police intentions.