Minneapolis Cop Murders A Black Man

HenryJames

40 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I am quite interested in the authority of the Federal Bureau of prisons to deploy paramilitary forces outside of Federal prisons.  In short, I wonder whether Barr is acting within his legal authority, or whether he should be enjoined from acting ultra vires.

Well, see, then they probably shouldn't have violated the law.  It's such an easy way to avoid facing criminal charges.

ALTERNATIVELY, if the argument is "oh yeah? Well you don't feel that way about civilians -- you want us to have GOOD reason before we file charges!"  Great, let's say that.  The problem is, the PD's response to that is "hey, if you're innocent, you'll have your chance to prove it in court."  So, cops.....goose and gander.  Perhaps this will make the police think twice about throwing every bullshit charge they can at people who happen to piss them off, forcing those people to spend time and money on attorneys.  I would find it amusingly ironic for a police force to become concerned with overcharging people with criminal offenses.

And the next time I cite a misleading/lie-by-omission CNN story, call me out on it.  I tend not to rely on them for much but the most generic of news.  Really, when I cite ANY news source, I tend to cite only the objectively verifiable facts contained within such stories, so as to avoid slants/editorializing best I can.  I also try to check multiple sources if I can.

And yes, I preferred when CNN was just a news outfit.  Cable news punditry is pretty much hot garbage.

Touche and fair enough my man.

There’s so much of this shit out there it’s nauseating.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SHOOTER12 said:

And three more dirtbags charged.

Fry them all.

All four police officers in the killing of George Floyd now will face charges, Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar said Wednesday.

"Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison is increasing charges against Derek Chauvin to 2nd degree in George Floyd’s murder and also charging other 3 officers. This is another important step for justice," the Democratic senator tweeted.

Floyd family attorney Benjamin Crump earlier Wednesday implored officials to hold the officers accountable in powerful remarks at the site of Floyd's killing outside of a convenience store. The incident has sparked mass protests over questions of police brutality and racial inequality and has shaken the nation

Bold move by Klobuchar supporting the charging of corrupt officers.  If only she had been in a position to stop this earlier...

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Goyard.  And I think your phrase is Je suis ___________.  Suis is the connation of the first person singular (Je, or I in Englsh) for the irregular verb être (i.e. to be).

So basically, Je suis reine translates into I am queen.  :)

Nous sommes Surly.  We are Surly.

Comme si quelqu'un pouvait jamais savoir ça.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Ehh, a lot of people outside of Austin don't realize what we've known about him for decades.  They never got to enjoy his days on Austin Public Access when he was sandwiched between this guy:

spacer.png

And UT film school kids doing movie reviews.

spacer.png

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Active duty troops coming back to DC, per AP WhiteHouse reporter

That's a spicy combo of suppressing protests they've got a brewing. 

I repeat -- the only balls in that entire administration are those that regularly slap against Pence's chin and ass.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 7

Guest Lobo

What was he arrested for?  Shitty language, charging back to see if the guy was fucking with his trailer, etc.  That shouldn't be a crime.  He's a human piece of shit, but I don't get the charges?  I guess something happened after the video cut out. I'm sure drive-thru cameras picked up something. 

The real punishment is going to be Chris Taylor and his entire family/business picked a really bad week to reveal their racism.  I don't see a future for that guy that doesn't involve working odd jobs for petty cash and handouts of leftover meals for another 10 years or so until he dies under a highway overpass.  The last few years of his life are going to be spent wasting away from substance abuse issues, parole violations, and being turned away by family members one by one because associating with him is just too big a liability.  At one point, Chris really got his shit together.  A shiny truck and prosperous landscaping company.  But in the end, he couldn't help himself.  He thought this was a great time in America to show your racist true colors.  Years later, I'm told he's in and out of half-way houses, spending time under the freeway.  He still gets into fights and altercations, but last I heard---he was just downtrodden, talking to himself on street corners, had a TIA stroke, and has done some stuff for money that'll make your soul weep.  Poor guy, finally hit a good stride at 50, more than most people can say.  But it all went sideways in a McDonald's parking lot of all places.  Just bad timing, I guess.  

5 minutes ago, Lobo said:

What was he arrested for?  Shitty language, charging back to see if the guy was fucking with his trailer, etc.  That shouldn't be a crime.  He's a human piece of shit, but I don't get the charges?  I guess something happened after the video cut out. I'm sure drive-thru cameras picked up something. 

The real punishment is going to be Chris Taylor and his entire family/business picked a really bad week to reveal their racism.  I don't see a future for that guy that doesn't involve working odd jobs for petty cash and handouts of leftover meals for another 10 years or so until he dies under a highway overpass.  The last few years of his life are going to be spent wasting away from substance abuse issues, parole violations, and being turned away by family members one by one because associating with him is just too big a liability.  At one point, Chris really got his shit together.  A shiny truck and prosperous landscaping company.  But in the end, he couldn't help himself.  He thought this was a great time in America to show your racist true colors.  Years later, I'm told he's in and out of half-way houses, spending time under the freeway.  He still gets into fights and altercations, but last I heard---he was just downtrodden, talking to himself on street corners, had a TIA stroke, and has done some stuff for money that'll make your soul weep.  Poor guy, finally hit a good stride at 50, more than most people can say.  But it all went sideways in a McDonald's parking lot of all places.  Just bad timing, I guess.  

Maybe try reading the story. Racist fuck tree service guy allegedly spit on and then head-butted the guy shooting the video.

Guest Lobo
5 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Maybe try reading the story. Racist fuck tree service guy allegedly spit on and then head-butted the guy shooting the video.

Couldn't click on the link on my shitty phone.  Sorry dude.  You're young, you'll bounce back from this.  

APD has 60 days to release the videos involving the injuries they've caused in the last few days. I wonder if they'll wait until this dies down nationally? It's just going to erupt back up here.  

One victim is still in critical care which makes me wonder if he has brain damage. The other is in recovery but with narley scares on his skull from the bean bag round removal. 

Edited by Pasken

6 minutes ago, Pasken said:

APD has 60 days to release the videos involving the injuries they've caused in the last few days. I wonder if they'll wait until this dies down nationally? It's just going to erupt back up here.  

One victim is still in critical care which makes me wonder if he has brain damage. The other is in recovery but with narley scares on his skull from the bean bag round removal. 

I don't know how much it will blow up here. Blocking I-35 for the average Austinite is a big deal. Let a couple of months go by and I think people have protest fatigue and it will be hot as shit.

Shooting at these folks when the cops weren't in jeopardy is total horseshit. Looking forward to my tax dollars going to pay for these settlements and the cops getting a sternly written letter that goes into the disciplinary shredder. I am sure "top men" at the APD are going through the film with excruciating detail in order to ascertain exactly which cop fired the shots.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, InkaUtexas said:

Bernard Shaw for the win. Arnett in downtown Baghdad was fun to watch. 

So was Wolf. 

Hell, I still love watching Wolf, just for the entertainment value.  

The comedy of his "Holy shit, someone just stuck their thumb up my ass!" perpetual expression is hard turn off.

wolf-blitzer-cnn.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cajun said:

So was Wolf. 

Hell, I still love watching Wolf, just for the entertainment value.  

The comedy of his "Holy shit, someone just stuck their thumb up my ass!" perpetual expression is hard turn off.

wolf-blitzer-cnn.jpg

That's not the face Wolf makes when you stick your thumb up his ass.

I mean, ummm....wait, what?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

I don't know how much it will blow up here. Blocking I-35 for the average Austinite is a big deal. Let a couple of months go by and I think people have protest fatigue and it will be hot as shit.

Shooting at these folks when the cops weren't in jeopardy is total horseshit. Looking forward to my tax dollars going to pay for these settlements and the cops getting a sternly written letter that goes into the disciplinary shredder. I am sure "top men" at the APD are going through the film with excruciating detail in order to ascertain exactly which cop fired the shots.

The POV on this one is going to piss a lot of people off. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Well, a lot of the unemployed young drawing that government check should be available. Then after the elections are over, send them out to the candidates’ headquarters and drag out their staffs to come pick up all their uglyass signs every where..... toot sweet.

But they can’t have my Kinky Friedman For Governor sign.

I once sat next to Kinky on a SWA flight when he was running for governor.  He had terrible dandruff.

Guest Lobo
9 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

That cop needs to be in jail.  Or dragged through the streets by a mob.  Either will suffice. 

How do you expect these guys to make it home at night?  Of course you have to randomly open fire on underage minors who are unarmed and pose zero threat to anyone, even other protestors.  

Show that video to 50 random people and pause it on the first frame.  Ask those people to pick out who they think is the most dangerous protestor in the group, that kid would be the last one people would select.  But nope, gotta go for a head shot.  the lethality of the shot indicates strongly that the cop was lining up that shot for a long time. He was observing that kid for longer than he'll like to admit at trial.  He just picked that kid out and thought he'd have some happy hunting for zero fucking reason.  

Glad you guys made it home that night, 'cause this kid will be lucky to make it home any night without massive brain trauma.  

Shit now that I said head trauma, maybe he'll make a good cop one day.

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I am quite interested in the authority of the Federal Bureau of prisons to deploy paramilitary forces outside of Federal prisons.  In short, I wonder whether Barr is acting within his legal authority, or whether he should be enjoined from acting ultra vires.

Also worth noting that Monday afternoon, federal prisons nationwide went on a lockdown where prisoners can't leave their cells or bunks.  Last time that happened was in the 90s AFTER prison riots.  The article and news release specifically said the lockdown was not in response to riots or misbehavior.

Could Barr be freeing up forces by sacrificing prisoners?

Hmmm.

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

Also worth noting that Monday afternoon, federal prisons nationwide went on a lockdown where prisoners can't leave their cells or bunks.  Last time that happened was in the 90s AFTER prison riots.  The article and news release specifically said the lockdown was not in response to riots or misbehavior.

Could Barr be freeing up forces by sacrificing prisoners?

Hmmm.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

I'm just focused on his legal authority in either respect.  18 USC chapter 303 is the chapter governing the Federal Bureau of Prisons.  The only provision I could find that provided for their duties is this:

(a)In General.—The Bureau of Prisons, under the direction of the Attorney General, shall—

(1)

have charge of the management and regulation of all Federal penal and correctional institutions;

(2)

provide suitable quarters and provide for the safekeeping, care, and subsistence of all persons charged with or convicted of offenses against the United States, or held as witnesses or otherwise;

(3)

provide for the protection, instruction, and discipline of all persons charged with or convicted of offenses against the United States;

(4)

provide technical assistance to State, tribal, and local governments in the improvement of their correctional systems;

(5)

provide notice of release of prisoners in accordance with subsections (b) and (c);

(6)establish prerelease planning procedures that help prisoners—(A)

apply for Federal and State benefits upon release (including Social Security benefits, and veterans’ benefits);

(B)

obtain identification, including a social security card, driver’s license or other official photo identification, and a birth certificate; and

(C)

secure such identification and benefits prior to release from a sentence to a term of imprisonment in a Federal prison or if the individual was not sentenced to a term of imprisonment in a Federal prison, prior to release from a sentence to a term of community confinement, subject to any limitations in law; and

(7)establish reentry planning procedures that include providing Federal prisoners with information in the following areas:(A)

Health and nutrition.

(B)

Employment.

(C)

Literacy and education.

(D)

Personal finance and consumer skills.

(E)

Community resources.

(F)

Personal growth and development.

(G)

Release requirements and procedures.

You will note that it does not provide for any duties outside of the correctional context.  And as we know, the authority of a legislatively-created entity is only as broad as the grant of power by that legislation.  Now, I'm sure that Barr is going to cite some broad, undefined authority that he has to use anyone who works for the federal government to carry a gun and whoop ass.  But I'd like to see a challenge to that.  And I'd like to see an ultra vires challenge as to each officer of the FBP enjoining them from acting outside of their statutory authority.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

Search sucks, so SIAP but Drew Brees is being absolutely destroyed today for these comments.

Drew Brees is a fucking twat. We had a work outing at Top Golf in Austin one day and he was doing some appearance there, he looked like a sullen douche when we walked in, ignoring everyone and tapping away on his phone, and more than one staff member bringing us drinks and food complained about him and his entourage. Reminded me eerily of the time I had the misfortune of meeting Kirk Herbstreit (though Musberger was a totally cool dude, surprisingly).

6 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

C108-E4-B4-B3-B6-462-F-B238-1-BD7791-CC5

Is that actually you?

Doesn't surprise me in the least.  For a good while, probably still, Californios and other recent immigrants to the southern reaches of Collin County, i.e. Plano, would go to court on jury matters (their own or jury duty) and would be shocked to find all manner of Cletii and rednecks and rubes on juries and elsewhere in the courthouse in the county seat of McKinney.

Tl;dr McKinney and Collin County are redneck as shit.

2 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Drew Brees is a fucking twat. We had a work outing at Top Golf in Austin one day and he was doing some appearance there, he looked like a sullen douche when we walked in, ignoring everyone and tapping away on his phone, and more than one staff member bringing us drinks and food complained about him and his entourage. Reminded me eerily of the time I had the misfortune of meeting Kirk Herbstreit (though Musberger was a totally cool dude, surprisingly).

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Well, he's a small guy from Westlake . . . .