Vacationing in times of Covid

LABEVO

4 hours ago, midtown said:

Welp.  Mask mandate will be extended again.  15 more days to May 3.   It's time to just accept that the CDC and the administration is completely brain dead and has every intention of making this permanent for complete theater.  

Negged and reported.  The bolded makes this CR.  Take it there if you want to complain.

Edited by PenelopeWitherspoon
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 2

17 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Negged and reported.  The bolded makes this CR.  Take it there if you want to complain.

Are masks not apart of vacationing during covid? I sure hope this mask mandate is removed before I travel with my three year old at the end of June. No way he is wearing a mask on plane for any amount of time. Not sure what is CR about that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, Telegraph_it said:

Are masks not apart of vacationing during covid? I sure hope this mask mandate is removed before I travel with my three year old at the end of June. No way he is wearing a mask on plane for any amount of time. Not sure what is CR about that. 

It wasn’t masks.  It was the commentary about the administration and CDC that made it CR.  

• Fuck You 1

18 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

WTF.  The thread is literally "vacationing in times of Covid".   It's literally THE thread to complain about continued idiotic restrictions as it relates to travel.  And I'm with Telegraph - my 3 and 5 year olds will be on a plane next month as well. LOL at those masks staying secured during a 3+ hour flight.

22 hours ago, DalTxHornFan said:

It's a cult.  They are unwilling to give up their magic talisman.

But that's the thing - it isn't a cult.  Their voters (mostly) don't support this and it's not a magic talisman.  No one gives a shit anymore.  It's just plain dumb.

There's a cult in American politics, that's for damn sure.  This just isn't the droid you're looking for.

Edited by Al_4_ISU
  • Hook 'Em 7

2 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

COVID discussions are inherently CR at this point.  Whether anyone likes it or not.

Maybe, but midtown's comment lamenting the extension of the air travel mask mandate could have been made without the potshot at the current administration and would have been just as valid but more appropriate for a non-CR thread. 

Edited by utee94
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Telegraph_it said:

3 hours ago, Skipper said:

WTF.  The thread is literally "vacationing in times of Covid".   It's literally THE thread to complain about continued idiotic restrictions as it relates to travel.  And I'm with Telegraph - my 3 and 5 year olds will be on a plane next month as well. LOL at those masks staying secured during a 3+ hour flight.

They are.  And a complaint could have been made, but what made that comment CR material was saying, "the CDC and the administration is completely brain dead."  Also, saying wearing masks is, "complete theater" was another example in the same sentence.  I mean, come on, man.

• Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

They are.  And a complaint could have been made, but what made that comment CR material was saying, "the CDC and the administration is completely brain dead."  Also, saying wearing masks is, "complete theater" was another example in the same sentence.  I mean, come on, man.

How about this. I think this administration is completely wrong with the extension and should remove the mask mandate. Does that belong in CR? I'd say the same thing if we were in an alternate universe where someone was on his second term. 

Masks are political because we are a bunch of dumbasses. Arguing about the validity of continuing masks mandates in the present day doesn't need to be relegated to CR because someone used not nice words. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Yeah, what's funny about these comments is that people about the CDC but, yeah, CDC isn't controlling what the EU, Japan, Taiwan, etc. etc. do. 

BTW, had a medical procedure done two weeks ago... loved how my doctor and all the nurses entertained me with a little bit of political theater.  Good times.

Edited by texasdago
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Telegraph_it said:

How about this. I think this administration is completely wrong with the extension and should remove the mask mandate. Does that belong in CR? I'd say the same thing if we were in an alternate universe where someone was on his second term. 

Masks are political because we are a bunch of dumbasses. Arguing about the validity of continuing masks mandates in the present day doesn't need to be relegated to CR because someone used not nice words. 

It belongs in the CR.  Period.  You can say you do not think masks are warranted anymore, but leave it at that.  

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Yeah, that’s not entirely accurate and the media has misreported this a bit. I was on a BA flight to Marrakech on March 19, a few days after this was reported, and mask were still required. Flight crew said the media had it wrong

• Hook 'Em 1

Masks on planes needed to be optional as of 2 months ago.

The requirement for U.S. citizens to get a Covid test within 1 day of re-entering the U.S. needed to end 6 months ago.

The people responsible for these ongoing requirements are idiots who are making public health decisions with no scientific basis, which is about par for the course since March 2020.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I found this out the other day. To get on a plane going to Italy you have to wear an N95 or KN95. Once on the plane no one cares what mask you have on. But to actually get on the plane I was turned around and had to go purchase an N95 in the terminal. It was the same when leaving Rome as well. 

Masks on planes and trains is mostly theater at this point considering the bajillion other places you can catch and spread Covid other than federally regulated transportation.

For frickin’ sake, the non prechecks are still taking off their damn shoes at the airport two decades after one guy couldn’t successfully detonate his sneakers on a plane.

Despite our confidence to be logical, we are a very stupid society. Governmental agencies should not be viewed as reliable purveyors of science.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

On 4/15/2022 at 10:16 AM, Telegraph_it said:

I found this out the other day. To get on a plane going to Italy you have to wear an N95 or KN95. Once on the plane no one cares what mask you have on. But to actually get on the plane I was turned around and had to go purchase an N95 in the terminal. It was the same when leaving Rome as well. 

It not just the planes, you need them for trains and tourist attractions as well!  I laughed at the souvenir vendors selling the KN95 mask outside of all tourist attractions when we were in Italy for spring break.  I was upset when I found out my vaccine shots were too old and I needed a negative covid test every 48 hours to enter the tourist attractions.  A negative test to enter the country and then a negative test every 48 hours to enter the tourist stuff!  The least invasive test was the one to fly home.  I think that swab barely touched my nose.   

23 hours ago, bobcat1995 said:

It not just the planes, you need them for trains and tourist attractions as well!  I laughed at the souvenir vendors selling the KN95 mask outside of all tourist attractions when we were in Italy for spring break.  I was upset when I found out my vaccine shots were too old and I needed a negative covid test every 48 hours to enter the tourist attractions.  A negative test to enter the country and then a negative test every 48 hours to enter the tourist stuff!  The least invasive test was the one to fly home.  I think that swab barely touched my nose.   

So you didn’t get a booster?

• Fuck You 1

On 4/16/2022 at 7:53 PM, bobcat1995 said:

Was all this in Rome? I did not put on a N95 once in the country and I did not see very many people wearing N95s either. Normal medical was the most common. We were in Florence and outside Cortona. 

My wife declined to get the booster so she was nine months from her last shot. No issues entering the country and we were never asked about vaccination anywhere  we went except for one pizza joint in Florence. We were denied dining inside but could take the pizza to go.

On 4/17/2022 at 8:28 PM, Telegraph_it said:

Was all this in Rome? I did not put on a N95 once in the country and I did not see very many people wearing N95s either. Normal medical was the most common. We were in Florence and outside Cortona. 

My wife declined to get the booster so she was nine months from her last shot. No issues entering the country and we were never asked about vaccination anywhere  we went except for one pizza joint in Florence. We were denied dining inside but could take the pizza to go.

Modena, Florence, Rome, Naples

We had no issues entering with a negative test and old vax dates either. 

The key to the statement was tourist attractions.  We walked around all day outside without mask, went into restaurants without mask but don't try walking into a tourist attraction without a KN95 and a recent vax card or negative Covid test.  

I wish the US would follow other countries a bit more.  We should do away with the 24 hour negative test requirement for those who are vaccinated and boosted.  Not considered fully vaccinated, then as an American citizen returning, you should have to have a negative test to re-enter the US.  Not considered fully vaccinated as someone visiting, you must have a dire reason to visit (no tourism, etc...).  That is just common sense.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I wish the US would follow other countries a bit more.  We should do away with the 24 hour negative test requirement for those who are vaccinated and boosted.  Not considered fully vaccinated, then as an American citizen returning, you should have to have a negative test to re-enter the US.  Not considered fully vaccinated as someone visiting, you must have a dire reason to visit (no tourism, etc...).  That is just common sense.

Complete agreement

2 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Christian Bale Idk GIF

Just bringing it up to @immamac and @hayden_horn since others have complained about me doing just that.  Fair is fair.

You sure run to the moderators a lot. Maybe just read some threads, post some responses, and move on with your day.

As far as travel, trying to decide on an island spot the end of next month that we can get into and back out of easily. All are vaccinated so that part isn’t an issue. May end up just going to the Keys for a few days for simplicity, but I need to start seeing what each of the islands is requiring for in/out travel.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, TxTower said:

All major airlines drop mask mandate. Uber as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uber might have dropped it, but metro areas are going to keep some things in place.

If you are in NYC, masks still required on transit, in taxis, and in ride shares (Uber and Lyft).

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/19/nyregion/nyc-mta-mask-mandate.html

8 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Just so I can be clear on your point... Those people who are vaccinated and boosted can not get Covid and therefore are at no risk to spread the disease?  As a vax, boosted and a person who has recovered from Covid (after the booster), I should not have to show a negative test to enter another country?  CDC defines fully vaccinated as receiving both doses and one booster.

I was unaware that my booster was too old for their "Super Green Pass" and I needed to get tested every 48 hours to enter certain museums and tourist attractions. I was also unable to obtain a recovery certificate from the local pharmacy that provided my positive test which would of negated the 48 hour rule.  I just did what the fine people of Italy asked me to do, it just sucked!   I will say that every Italian that we ran across was happy to see Americans returning to their country and spending money.

Luckily for me, I do not plan on visiting any tourist attractions when we return to Italy in June for tourism but if we do, I will get the negative test every 48 hours.   Then again, maybe I should get a second booster.  Has anyone ever caught covid being fully vax'd, two boosters with antibodies?   

Edited by bobcat1995

1 hour ago, bobcat1995 said:

Just so I can be clear on your point... Those people who are vaccinated and boosted can not get Covid and therefore are at no risk to spread the disease?  As a vax, boosted and a person who has recovered from Covid (after the booster), I should not have to show a negative test to enter another country?  CDC defines fully vaccinated as receiving both doses and one booster.

I was unaware that my booster was too old for their "Super Green Pass" and I needed to get tested every 48 hours to enter certain museums and tourist attractions. I was also unable to obtain a recovery certificate from the local pharmacy that provided my positive test which would of negated the 48 hour rule.  I just did what the fine people of Italy asked me to do, it just sucked!   I will say that every Italian that we ran across was happy to see Americans returning to their country and spending money.

Luckily for me, I do not plan on visiting any tourist attractions when we return to Italy in June for tourism but if we do, I will get the negative test every 48 hours.   Then again, maybe I should get a second booster.  Has anyone ever caught covid being fully vax'd, two boosters with antibodies?   

No.  I am not saying that those who are vaccinated and boosted cannot get COVID.  They can (I did), but there should be a carrot for doing the right thing.  Thus, if you are "fully vaccinated", then no test.

I am not sure how you did not qualify for the Super Green Pass.  I have had to keep an eye on everything since I am headed to France (though France has now stopped everything while Italy has extended theirs through April 30th), and my understanding of the definition of fully vaxxed is the 2 shot regime, and then you get a booster 9 months after your last shot.  Once you have your booster, the 9 months doesn't apply and you are deemed fully vaxxed indefinitely (or at least according to the info per France and Italy).  Did you get your booster longer than 9 months after your second shot?  

15 minutes ago, huge said:

Flying international tomorrow.  Happy to not have to wear a mask.  Super excited to take the $65 cash only COVID test on my way back in next week.

I will get booze on the flight tomorrow right?  IAH - BZE

It takes me about 10 minutes with GIMP to fix my old tests with new dates.

• Like 1