Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

9 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

BB4C87F3-9039-4017-800E-72111DDEAEA9.thumb.jpeg.199a05bce76057b3b6bca0baba0e1abf.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

So how much freedom does he have? I’m worried he might end up being enough of a dick to know that Addazio is a major part of the problem and forced Fisher to allow Petrino to hire someone actually competent.

I dont think it matters what "freedom" he has been given. The fact that they disagreed about the level of "freedom" the first time, and Jimbo ran out of options and has run back to Petrino with alleged "concessions" simply screams that Fisher is going to continue to kneecap and second guess every single one of Petrino's decisions at every single turn seems evident. When has a dynamic that started this way worked out, like ever? In damn near any field. 

• Hook 'Em 6

4 hours ago, bizzle said:

an attempt to be rational take on these, ignoring the overall program trajectory flying over niagara falls in a flaming yell leader onesie:

- we're still battling to keep lucas, but losing him would suck. talented kid, good kid, hard worker, fucked up last fall but has a real future.

- chris marshall was never going to make it at a&m, which sucks as he's insanely talented, but hard to blame this one on our staff. needs to get his shit together. 

- denver harris isn't a bad guy, but not mature enough at this point. will probably go be a two time all-american at lsu, huge loss. 

- pj williams is a loss, but another guy that just couldn't handle the transition. also we need tackles. 

- i hated losing mgk. loved his hs film more than anyone else in the class. ultimately was here for nick williams who went to colorado. doesn't really like school. 

- bouie was always a flight risk, but probably the lowest floor of the kids that have left. will be interesting to see what his career does.

- ish harris was a mis-eval from the day he stepped on campus, would be shocked if he does anything. 

the top 5 guys on that list are real hits from a talent perspective, but if jimbo has a chance in hell at righting this ship, it isn't happening with chris marshall and denver harris (at this point in time) on the roster. really curious what happens to this roster in the spring.

100% agree on Denver Harris. Even tho the North Shore staff is not his biggest fan as of today, they still believe he was a decent kid who just wasn’t mature enough to be a leader instead for a follower. Most people close to him swear  him becoming close to Chris Marshall was the start of his decline. His parents were begging him to stop hanging out with Chris. Mom begged Aggie to let him stay once she knew for sure Chris was leaving the team. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, FreeHorn said:

100% agree on Denver Harris. Even tho the North Shore staff is not his biggest fan as of today, they still believe he was a decent kid who just wasn’t mature enough to be a leader instead for a follower. Most people close to him swear  him becoming close to Chris Marshall was the start of his decline. His parents were begging him to stop hanging out with Chris. Mom begged Aggie to let him stay once she knew for sure Chris was leaving the team. 

Uh, someone else can correct me, but I don't think the problem here was Aggie refusing to let Harris return. 

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Uh, someone else can correct me, but I don't think the problem here was Aggie refusing to let Harris return. 

The football program had no problem letting him return. Other aspects of the university are very glad to see him and Chris go. Very surprised he had the grades to even transfer. 

On 1/3/2023 at 11:42 AM, ATXhorn17 said:

Not holding my breath, but I hope that some of their bigger ‘22 names hit the portal in the spring. After they realize that the offense still sucks shit through a straw.

What are you talking about? 

They've already lost 5 of their top 14 signees from the '22 class. It's already taken a big hit. 

1 minute ago, FreeHorn said:

The football program had no problem letting him return. Other aspects of the university are very glad to see him and Chris go. Very surprised he had the grades to even transfer. 

LSU isn’t exactly a premier academic institution. 

5 minutes ago, FreeHorn said:

That's right, I forgot about the academic side getting involved. Thank you, sir. Also:

bwahahahahahahahaha

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I dont think it matters what "freedom" he has been given. The fact that they disagreed about the level of "freedom" the first time, and Jimbo ran out of options and has run back to Petrino with alleged "concessions" simply screams that Fisher is going to continue to kneecap and second guess every single one of Petrino's decisions at every single turn seems evident. When has a dynamic that started this way worked out, like ever? In damn near any field. 

No no no no.

Billy says that Jimbo was getting it right. That's the important thing we all needed to remember. Nobody other than really smart guys like Billy and Jimbo know to focus on getting it right.

Getting. It. Right.

Jimbo knows.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I can't wait to see Billy spin this being a good hire when the market they were competing with was UNLV. 

And, apparently, had to add some favorable contract items for Petrino that they weren’t willing to offer before. How much stuff fell through to make concessions now but not then?