Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

8 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Harris, Marshall, and Lucas are big '22 names.

True, I guess I’m just greedy for more haha… And I’m a little shocked that they’ve retained the out of state lineman like Dindy, Shemar S, and Nolen.

They must be paying a fortune.

Edited by ATXhorn17

1 minute ago, ATXhorn17 said:

True, I guess I’m just greedy for more haha. And just a little shocked that they’ve held onto the out of state lineman like Dindy, Shemar S and Nolen. They must be paying a fortune.

Oh definitely. They’ve kept a lot of 22 big names, but lost a shit load of depth, they have a weak HS class and haven’t done anything in the portal. All that seems like evidence they’re using all their available funds to keep the 22 big names around while sacrificing every other part of their program. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

Oh definitely. They’ve kept a lot of 22 big names, but lost a shit load of depth, they have a weak HS class and haven’t done anything in the portal. All that seems like evidence they’re using all their available funds to keep the 22 big names around while sacrificing every other part of their program. 

They've now lost 7 of the top 10 commits from the 21 class to go with the ones from 22. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

Seems like a really healthy and sound long term strategy. I for one, will be shocked if this does not work out. 

• Haha 1

Isn't something over a '97' a 'five star?'

Not sarcasm, I really don't know

Here's what I DO know (without looking it up)

1. Everyone of those pigeon chested spazzes were insisting he was a '5 Star' 4 months ago (whether he was or wasn't)

2. He was a top 10 player in the country on Billy's list, if Billy had a list (wait, who am I kidding, of course that mother fucker HAD a list)

3. I see that he's from out of State, so I'm sure he was on Billy's 'other list' and would have only made Billy's 'real list' stronger had he played high school in Texas, either way, he made everyone in AZ forget about Bijan. 

Edited by Alphie Solomons.
blindfolded

1 hour ago, Alphie Solomons. said:

Isn't something over a '97' a 'five star?'

Not sarcasm, I really don't know

Here's what I DO know (without looking it up)

1. Everyone of those pigeon chested spazzes were insisting he was a '5 Star' 4 months ago (whether he was or wasn't)

2. He was a top 10 player in the country on Billy's list, if Billy had a list (wait, who am I kidding, of course that mother fucker HAD a list)

3. I see that he's from out of State, so I'm sure he was on Billy's 'other list' and would have only made Billy's 'real list' stronger had he played high school in Texas, either way, he made everyone in AZ forget about Bijan. 

I thought it was .98?

13 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Losses from the 22 class:

5️ Lucas
5️ Marshall
5️ D Harris
4️ Williams
4️ MGK
4️ Bouie
4️ I Harris

an attempt to be rational take on these, ignoring the overall program trajectory flying over niagara falls in a flaming yell leader onesie:

- we're still battling to keep lucas, but losing him would suck. talented kid, good kid, hard worker, fucked up last fall but has a real future.

- chris marshall was never going to make it at a&m, which sucks as he's insanely talented, but hard to blame this one on our staff. needs to get his shit together. 

- denver harris isn't a bad guy, but not mature enough at this point. will probably go be a two time all-american at lsu, huge loss. 

- pj williams is a loss, but another guy that just couldn't handle the transition. also we need tackles. 

- i hated losing mgk. loved his hs film more than anyone else in the class. ultimately was here for nick williams who went to colorado. doesn't really like school. 

- bouie was always a flight risk, but probably the lowest floor of the kids that have left. will be interesting to see what his career does.

- ish harris was a mis-eval from the day he stepped on campus, would be shocked if he does anything. 

the top 5 guys on that list are real hits from a talent perspective, but if jimbo has a chance in hell at righting this ship, it isn't happening with chris marshall and denver harris (at this point in time) on the roster. really curious what happens to this roster in the spring.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, bizzle said:

the top 5 guys on that list are real hits from a talent perspective, but if jimbo has a chance in hell at righting this ship, it isn't happening with chris marshall and denver harris (at this point in time) on the roster. really curious what happens to this roster in the spring.

I am not going to disagree with you on Chris Marshall.

but let's not act like losing Denver Harris is anything other than a tremendous loss at a position of need. he's a fantastic football player, immature off field but LSU has a looooooooong history of keeping those guys between the bar ditches, turning them into AA's and day 1 or 2 draft picks.

IF A&M is going to right the ship with this group and their current recruiting philosophy, they absolutely need to be doing the same as LSU with super talented guys who are immature or have off field issues.

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, bizzle said:

an attempt to be rational take on these, ignoring the overall program trajectory flying over niagara falls in a flaming yell leader onesie:

- we're still battling to keep lucas, but losing him would suck. talented kid, good kid, hard worker, fucked up last fall but has a real future.

- chris marshall was never going to make it at a&m, which sucks as he's insanely talented, but hard to blame this one on our staff. needs to get his shit together. 

- denver harris isn't a bad guy, but not mature enough at this point. will probably go be a two time all-american at lsu, huge loss. 

- pj williams is a loss, but another guy that just couldn't handle the transition. also we need tackles. 

- i hated losing mgk. loved his hs film more than anyone else in the class. ultimately was here for nick williams who went to colorado. doesn't really like school. 

- bouie was always a flight risk, but probably the lowest floor of the kids that have left. will be interesting to see what his career does.

- ish harris was a mis-eval from the day he stepped on campus, would be shocked if he does anything. 

He'll go star-shopping and plug the gaps on paper with a mix of bread and poison. There is enough talent on the team to win more games next year than he did this year. Rinse and repeat until the generally upward sloping BMD frustration index crosses the downward sloping cost of change function.

• Hook 'Em 2

53 minutes ago, bizzle said:

We really need a "HAHA -1" reaction because this shit is so funny but also deserves a neg for being so regarded.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

I’m happy as hell with Baxter.  But I’m glad I don’t think we will ever have to deal with owens-both literately and figuratively. If he somehow keeps his NIL confused head on straight…some of his plays he made today in the bowl practice have been wild. 

Where are you watching this?  I don't see it on my listings.

I’m happy as hell with Baxter.  But I’m glad I don’t think we will ever have to deal with owens-both literately and figuratively. If he somehow keeps his NIL confused head on straight…some of his plays he made today in the bowl practice have been wild. 
Well, if he stays in collieville, we will have to deal with him after next year depending on how the SEC scheduling plays out.