Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

15 minutes ago, ATXhorn17 said:

He’s gotten offers from ~10 other D1 programs (not just aggy). So coaches must be seeing some potential at the next level. But agreed, he’ll struggle to get separation against faster, lengthy DBs.

I watched his highlights and they're better than I thought they'd be. Obviously, competition level and separation look to be big issues. But he seems to specialize in catching really, really poorly thrown, more than a little off-target passes. So it's a shame they lost Haynes King - he could've been a match made in heaven with this kid. 

Edited by campcrunk
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

It's not that hard to find a young, up-and-coming offensive mind to run your offense if you really want to.  Washington St. just did, and the guy has all sorts of ties to Texas.  

https://247sports.com/college/washington-state/Article/WSU-football-targeting-Ben-Arbuckle-as-new-offensive-coordinator-201447331/#:~:text=WASHINGTON STATE IS targeting Ben,confirmed by 247Sports' Chris Hummer.  

WASHINGTON STATE IS targeting Ben Arbuckle as its new offensive coordinator as first reported by Matt Zenitz of on3sports and confirmed by 247Sports' Chris Hummer. One of the youngest, on-the-rise offensive minds in coaching, Arbuckle served as Western Kentucky's co-offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach this year. The previous season he was an offensive quality control coach working with the WKU quarterbacks.

Under Arbuckle's direction this season, WKU quarterback Austin Reed led the nation in passing attempts (603), yards (4,746) and touchdowns (40). As a result, the Hilltoppers rank 15th in the nation in scoring offense at 36 points per game.

Prior to taking the coordinator job this year, Arbuckle served as an offensive quality control coach at WKU in 2021, the offensive coordinator at Seminole High in Texas in 2020 and a quality control coach at Houston Baptist in 2018 and 2019. Originally from Canadian, Texas, Arbuckle played two years of college football at West Texas A&M at quarterback.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, texifornia said:

Wow, I had no idea Hillsdale even had a football team. It's almost entirely known for being a liberal arts school with a pretty unique conservative/Constitutionalist bent. Lots of politicians and historians from there.

Yeah, they got uniforms and everything.  It's really great!

• Haha 6

8 hours ago, campcrunk said:

I watched his highlights and they're better than I thought they'd be. Obviously, competition level and separation look to be big issues. But he seems to specialize in catching really, really poorly thrown, more than a little off-target passes. So it's a shame they lost Haynes King - he could've been a match made in heaven with this kid. 

Yeah I was all ready to laugh at the HUDL but I'm not mad at all. I hope Colorado or Lane gets him, instead.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Elko quote on Jimbo going long way today as he leads his Duke team to a 9-4 first year season...Jimbo getting the credit finally. 

image.png.8c728902da9b488690b26c5afcc46a58.png

He's right. They should give him a raise and an extension and respect his decision to run his sitting natty offense.

Edited by Bevo14
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

18 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Elko quote on Jimbo going long way today as he leads his Duke team to a 9-4 first year season...Jimbo getting the credit finally. 

image.png.8c728902da9b488690b26c5afcc46a58.png

Funny, I feel like fisher got exactly the right amount of credit for the job he did this season. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

18 hours ago, texifornia said:

Wow, I had no idea Hillsdale even had a football team. It's almost entirely known for being a liberal arts school with a pretty unique conservative/Constitutionalist bent. Lots of politicians and historians from there.

Hillsdale did produce one pretty good PK …

https://www.footballdb.com/players/chester-marcol-marcoch01

His words about Jimbo and A&M were ambivalent. I don't know that he wants that job if he wants to have a career as a coach. Jimbo ensure his retirement. Elko may not be ready for that. 

Let him win his natty somewhere else then ease into the idiot jackpot in College Station. They'll be waiting for the right guy to wake the sleeping giant and embrace all that is Aggie.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Probably this. Elko should be in no hurry. Just keep winning 8-9 games a year/knock off UNC every couple years and they’ll bronze him at Duke. 

Win 8 or 9 games at aggy every year, and Liucci will suck you off. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Probably this. Elko should be in no hurry. Just keep winning 8-9 games a year/knock off UNC every couple years and they’ll bronze him at Duke. 

Hell — if Elko consistently wins 8-9 games a year at Duke, they’ll re-name the stadium after him. Cutcliffe had 2013-2015 but never really achieved sustained success.

11 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Saw they got a safety transfer Sam McCall from FSU that was a former 5 star.  Check texags thread and someone says he was a top 50 player this year.  Look up his stats, 3 tackles and 1 pass deflection….   

He was apparently pushed out the door by Norvell for being a cancer and headcase, per some people on this board. 

• Drool 1

56 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

He was apparently pushed out the door by Norvell for being a cancer and headcase, per some people on this board. 

Yeah, it doesn't sound very amicable according to this Tallahassee news article:

Florida State freshman defensive back Sam McCall has been expunged from the team's online roster.

That news – which surfaced Tuesday night on 247Sports – indicates that McCall is no longer with the Seminoles.

McCall, a former four-star recruit from Lake Gibson High in Lakeland, announced on Nov. 7 that he planned to enter the transfer portal. He walked back that statement later that day and stayed with the team for the rest of the regular season.

Expunging is pretty much what happens after an overdose of laxative. I think the reporter has inside information he/she can only allude to with choice language. My compliments to the writer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Yeah, it doesn't sound very amicable according to this Tallahassee news article:

Expunging is pretty much what happens after an overdose of laxative. I think the reporter has inside information he/she can only allude to with choice language. My compliments to the writer.

Sounds like a perfect fit for an already toxic locker room, and I can honestly say it couldn't happen to a better team in aggy. Grimes sucks, and this dude may be worse than Denver Harris and Chris Marshall. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

spacer.png

Jimbo is acquiring every cancerous player in college football, allowing them to balance each other out, thus creating the most selfless and motivated team in the country.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 2

2 minutes ago, Vermin said:

spacer.png

Jimbo is acquiring every cancerous player in college football, allowing them to balance each other out, thus creating the most selfless and motivated team in the country.

I hope they can beat their own record and win 0 games, but i guess I'll deal with just 3 wins. God they're terrible and I'm glad I get to witness it again. 

5 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Saw they got a safety transfer Sam McCall from FSU that was a former 5 star.  Check texags thread and someone says he was a top 50 player this year.  Look up his stats, 3 tackles and 1 pass deflection….   

In fairness, he was a Top 50 player this year…

938D1973-0840-4AD6-A3E9-224FC5DDB451.gif.b9225647b87e57a4158f6066a8b46f47.gif

…on the Seminoles defense.

image.thumb.jpeg.787cab02397928ab9069d2f072aa2989.jpeg

Edited by Napoleon
  • Haha 8

On 12/31/2022 at 2:57 PM, Spider2YBanana said:

That's correct. He half assed it at practices and the FSU coaches weren't sad to see him go.

He didn't really contribute a lot.

• Hook 'Em 2