Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

41 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

I take great joy in aggy misery and them being behind the ball in anything, but their law school has nothing to do with wherever their NIL initiatives stand. Like UT,  A&M is going to hire from outside its alumni ranks for its internal legal department, and use top-tier firms for outside counsel matters (just as I'd expect any of their big cigars or NILs collective to do for anything significant in that realm).

Might also note that the latest law school rankings have aggy law in the "tier one" (i.e., T50) schools for the first time in the history of the school, even stretching back to its Wesleyan days. They are ranked No. 46, behind Texas (No. 17) obviously, but still the second highest ranked school in the state. They've made huge investments in the school since they acquired it in 2013 and played moneyball with the ranking criteria items very well. Its meteoric rise from unranked (sub-150) to where it is now in less than a decade is, frankly, impressive. Have my doubts they'll even sniff the T20 in my lifetime, but their handling of the law school so far is one of the few things I'll commend them for.

Thanks for reading my blog. Now back to your regular off-topic programming. 

I do not disagree.  But I do know the UT lawyers can recommend top guys to our leadership.  texam doesn't have that option.  

2 hours ago, derpyhorndog said:

I take great joy in aggy misery and them being behind the ball in anything, but their law school has nothing to do with wherever their NIL initiatives stand. Like UT,  A&M is going to hire from outside its alumni ranks for its internal legal department, and use top-tier firms for outside counsel matters (just as I'd expect any of their big cigars or NILs collective to do for anything significant in that realm).

Might also note that the latest law school rankings have aggy law in the "tier one" (i.e., T50) schools for the first time in the history of the school, even stretching back to its Wesleyan days. They are ranked No. 46, behind Texas (No. 17) obviously, but still the second highest ranked school in the state. They've made huge investments in the school since they acquired it in 2013 and played moneyball with the ranking criteria items very well. Its meteoric rise from unranked (sub-150) to where it is now in less than a decade is, frankly, impressive. Have my doubts they'll even sniff the T20 in my lifetime, but their handling of the law school so far is one of the few things I'll commend them for.

Thanks for reading my blog. Now back to your regular off-topic programming. 

It helps that they did not really take over Texas Wesleyan, they just bought the physical assets and the accreditation and dropped everything else about the school including its history and former students.  The former students even sued and A&M because they will not let them say they are A&M law graduates.  Starting from scratch in terms of reputation as the only public law school in DFW made the rise much easier.

7 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

It helps that they did not really take over Texas Wesleyan, they just bought the physical assets and the accreditation and dropped everything else about the school including its history and former students.  The former students even sued and A&M because they will not let them say they are A&M law graduates.  Starting from scratch in terms of reputation as the only public law school in DFW made the rise much easier.

The reason the got sued was because they were, and still are to my knowledge, using accomplishments from Wesleyan students. Moot court national competition finishes and the like.  Lawsuit was still stupid.

And they did take over Wesleyan. Kept almost the entire faculty in place. Many are still there.  Not sure where you got that idea. 

3 minutes ago, Jester said:

The reason the got sued was because they were, and still are to my knowledge, using accomplishments from Wesleyan students. Moot court national competition finishes and the like.  Lawsuit was still stupid.

And they did take over Wesleyan. Kept almost the entire faculty in place. Many are still there.  Not sure where you got that idea. 

I very well may be mistaken.  I am just going by what I read about the lawsuit and the fact that the interns my company has had from there have suggested that they really play down the previous association with Wesleyan.

1 minute ago, Texas Wahoo said:

I very well may be mistaken.  I am just going by what I read about the lawsuit and the fact that the interns my company has had from there have suggested that they really play down the previous association with Wesleyan.

Ya. I went there. I know the d bag that filed the suit and had friends on the BOD when it went down.  Ags did try to distance themselves, and eventually did, but they also wanted to claim all of the past accomplishments while they transitioned. That’s what it was about. 

Just looked at the website. I can remember at least 9 professors that are still there that I had. You’d be surprised how much a large endowment can bump up a school’s ranking without any other changes.

Anywho. Fuck the Aggies and anything associated with them.

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, OB3 said:

Supposedly Malachi Nelson and Zion branch are going to be there

Two players committed to USC? Good luck with that.

Even with rumors about NIL fuck ups, going from Southern California to a shitty apartment pool party in college station is going to be too much.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, OB3 said:

Supposedly Malachi Nelson and Zach Branch are going to be there

Malachi Nelson, the guy who has been committed to USC for 8 months, is going to potentially open up his recruitment to go to...Texas A&M?!

who is saying he is going to be there so we can point out there are idiots. we need receipts.

5 minutes ago, NoName said:

Malachi Nelson, the guy who has been committed to USC for 8 months, is going to potentially open up his recruitment to go to...Texas A&M?!

who is saying he is going to be there so we can point out there are idiots. we need receipts.

Don’t forget committed to Lincoln Riley at OU for like a year before that too. 

I’m guessing those are the “flat out false” rumors their mod is referring to. 

Edited by Tex-19
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Don’t forget committed to Lincoln Riley at OU for like a year before that too. 

I’m guessing those are the “flat out false” rumors their mod is referring to. 

at least pick someone where it makes some sense - hell pick someone who is committed to Texas or LSU. don't pick a guy who has never even visited you, has been committed to RIley for like 12 months and isn't taking visits. of course those idiots pick Nelson, who is maybe the least likely 5* they could pick, as their fake name.

44 minutes ago, NoName said:

I don’t think any insiders have reported it. But it was all over twitter

14 minutes ago, OB3 said:

I don’t think any insiders have reported it. But it was all over twitter

thanks - seeing some funny stuff up on twitter. god i hope a 9.95ers rolls with it so we get more tweets.

image.thumb.png.03efade3be239f26b0f6320c6144787b.png

Huntley isn't a troll guy by the way. real human. really went to Arkansas State. Really at the Bush School at A&M currently.

image.thumb.png.1905de5204e50a4bc67b2acb262934f2.png

so basically AggiesToday is the only one talking about it or where it originated?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NoName said:

at least pick someone where it makes some sense - hell pick someone who is committed to Texas or LSU. don't pick a guy who has never even visited you, has been committed to RIley for like 12 months and isn't taking visits. of course those idiots pick Nelson, who is maybe the least likely 5* they could pick, as their fake name.

He's the only player that any of the recruiting services have ranked above Arch.  If you know anything about aggy, OF FUCKING COURSE he's the name that they would run with.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, NoName said:

thanks - seeing some funny stuff up on twitter. god i hope a 9.95ers rolls with it so we get more tweets.

Huntley isn't a troll guy by the way. real human. really went to Arkansas State. Really at the Bush School at A&M currently.

so basically AggiesToday is the only one talking about it or where it originated?

this guy is a sooners fan per twitter

image.png.efb5eb425fdd19379d2aef051ae71321.png

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, NoName said:

AggiesToday didn’t even say it was Malachi. Randos in the comments said that

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Evidently they finally got a NIL program going…

9CE68FDA-62EE-4193-9760-3F84DE2FAFFA.png

they have one that exists called "the fund" but they don't do any marketing, have no goals, and advertise only through word of mouth

which is exactly what you would have/say IF you didn't have much of a program.

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

That doesn't sound like anything big the way they're wording it. "Gonna need help from the 12th man." 

Sounds more like they're going to be begging for money because their school hasn't set anything up big NIL related. 

the "news" is the College Station NIL club: https://www.collegestationnilclub.com/

image.thumb.png.0cdb6053e14fb8850727c1ac9579375a.png

which is the exact same as the Austin NIL club:

image.thumb.png.8f585a8ba578fe2ec2efb45bc82b30c2.png

it's the thing former UGA QB Aaron Murray is doing i believe?

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Fin.

I clicked on his twitter to figure out who the fuck Scott Schrader was, and whether it was worth putting any stock in his post. I was shocked to realize he was the actor who played Mason Verger in Hannibal. Here I'd thought he'd been played by a heavily makeup'd Gary Oldman, but alas, no, the man is right there for all to see. 

• Haha 2