Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

7 hours ago, Sandbagging Steve said:

I see he likes to cosplay as the biggest Asian. Aggie will make him a carboard Samurai Tachi and he can swing it at halftime or before the game with Fake Army. They will then retire the sword and rewrite history with countless traditions. The cardboard will be worshipped forever. THE END

image.gif.c7bb19c376c2f5cd2fc066dfb8c0708e.gif

17 hours ago, Redneck Mutha said:

IF X does not show up for PoolParty (TM), THEN Jimbo backed off due to

Injury OR

Jimbo likes other prospects better OR

Recruit asked about NIL which is illegal OR

Player overrated by sip media OR

Player has personal issues only Jimbo knows about

ELSE Jimbo wanted him, but

Recruit is scared of SEC competition OR

Recruit would ride the pine behind all our studs OR

He was negatively recruited illegally OR

Saban paid him illegally to commit to tu OR

tu paid him illegally OR

Peyton Manning paid him illegally OR

Arch Manning texted him illegally

END

someone needs to make this a flow chart graphic. i am too lazy to do it in visio or lucid chart

7 hours ago, texifornia said:

He's been brainwashed for many years by a cult. He's convinced himself that these sorts of things really are true. He truly believes them. It's a skill that takes much practice. You can live life in a bubble and convince yourself to change a narrative that best fits in your worldview.

This is very much like the the Aggie Code of Honor.

"An Aggie does not lie, cheat or steal or tolerate those who do."

Which really is cover for: a diehard Aggie lies, cheats and steals in order to protect the grand purpose of his 'brothers and sisters" and tries to cover it up. If you have to write that in your honor code, then you're admitting guilt.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Sandbagging Steve said:

He's been brainwashed for many years by a cult. He's convinced himself that these sorts of things really are true. He truly believes them. It's a skill that takes much practice. You can live life in a bubble and convince yourself to change a narrative that best fits in your worldview.

This is very much like the the Aggie Code of Honor.

"An Aggie does not lie, cheat or steal or tolerate those who do."

Which really is cover for: a diehard Aggie lies, cheats and steals in order to protect the grand purpose of his 'brothers and sisters" and tries to cover it up. If you have to write that in your honor code, then you're admitting guilt.

Quoted the wrong person. I was trying to quote the idoit message board poster.

1 minute ago, tejas60 said:

might want to check out West Point Academy's Honor Code.

West Point is a top ranked military college. You have to go into the military. I think that's a completely different game. You're now talking about life and death and serious issues. Aggie's honor code has no such meaning. It's just more fodder.

• Hook 'Em 2

I see he likes to cosplay as the biggest Asian. Aggie will make him a carboard Samurai Tachi and he can swing it at halftime or before the game with Fake Army. They will then retire the sword and rewrite history with countless traditions. The cardboard will be worshipped forever. THE END

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIMG_4922.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 1

We've seen this game a million times from Jimbo at FSU and A&M involving guns, rape, violence, drugs and much more. All covered up by police departments and you know who.

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/12/us/florida-state-football-casts-shadow-over-tallahassee-justice.html

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2227721-fsu-tallahassee-police-reportedly-hindered-jameis-winston-investigation

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

On 7/25/2022 at 1:14 PM, TXRed said:

Lucci started talking a lot of shit to Longhorn Twitter after the Bisontis commitment. Hopefully Gullette will pick the good guys and shut him the fuck up for a while longer. 

he's already self-censored

T-96 to the pool party....

silence

https://texags.com/football-recruiting/liucci-44

The comedic potential of "The Pool Party" is truly unlimited. If it turns out to be a magnet for low 3 stars who are trying not to go to SHSU, how epic will that be? Are there women invited to this pool party? I would have little interest in going to an all male pool party, but I would also have no interest in going near aggy. Do sheep swim? 

14 minutes ago, 1leggedduck said:

If it turns out to be a magnet for low 3 stars who are trying not to go to SHSU, how epic will that be?

Billy has asserted that studs are going to be there in no uncertain terms. See first highlite below:

image.png.7dc172887eb72f3c2df58d1d0824b96c.png

"A couple or whatever." He's clear that a flood of commitable offer guys will crowd the pool probably not leaving any room for beautiful women. Such certitude makes the pool party even more monumentally terrifying than it was before!

Pool. Party.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1

TexAgs' senior recruiting analyst Ryan Brauninger joined TexAgs Radio this morning for another edition of Recruiting Country, highlighting the latest news and notes from the recruiting trail as the Aggies prepare to host their Pool Party weekend in College Station.

Key notes from Recruiting Country
It should be a good few days and an interesting weekend.

Seeing prospects commit to other schools, as analysts, we thought we would see more A&M commitments in June and July. When that doesn't happen, you get pushback. I haven't doubted what they're going to do or put together. There are a ton of options, but it will be a smaller group. There was never a doubt that things were going to pick up at some point.

Last year at this time, you were looking at being a long shot with Walter Nolen and Shemar Stewart. Evan Stewart wasn’t going to happen. A lot of things circled around the Alabama game and the comradery of the class started at the pool party. Not many commitments happened there, but that's when it started.

The pool party is a relaxed atmosphere. Seeing the coaches off the field and getting to know their families and each other. It's a chance to let the walls down and see some genuineness. They do a great job of presenting the plan.

I've been on the wrong end of predictions. There are some guys that we thought were going to go A&M's way, but what happened didn't shake up the board. It's not over until the ink is dry.

Texas is selling Arch Manning‍ and the future, and that helps solidify that group. Johntay Cook‍ has taken on a mouthpiece role in that class and helped rally that group. That's a good solid class with some solid pieces. I bet that group sticks together unless the wheels fall off in Austin.

A&M has made David Hicks‍ a top priority. He has a great relationship with coach Elijah Robinson. He's going to Oklahoma and will miss the pool party. It's got some people worried, but Hicks has had an affinity with A&M. I think A&M is the leader. He's a five-star player and the number one prospect in the state. He isn't planning to announce until the Under Armour All-America game. I feel confident where A&M sits.

Recruits look at the number one recruiting class. With Chase Bisontis‍, iron sharpens iron. He wants to compete. He can get better in practice. A lot of those losses last year were close. With improved quarterback play, staying healthy, and with more depth, they have those “national championship” talks.

Bisontis’ coach could not have raved more about him. Teachers walk by the weight room to watch him work out. He's a blue-collar guy on the field. He loved A&M and his relationship with coach Steve Addazio. He wants to be coached hard. He’s the highest-rated recruit in the class, and it tends to trickle down after a guy like that commits.

TJ Shanahan‍ and Bisontis have bonded over the course of the recruiting process. They have a similar mentality and have clicked personality-wise. They have not promised to play together, but they know it would be cool.

Anthony Hill‍ is headed to the pool party. They're in a good position with him, and there’s nothing really new there. His timeline may end in early fall. Derion Gullette‍ is on the list. There have been some questions if he will show up, but I'm predicting he will show up. I feel pretty good. He's been in touch with the staff and somebody that they have a good shot at.

I get the feeling that the pool party is not cookie-cutter. It’s about building that family atmosphere. Having a day at the pool, eating some good food and talking a little ball.

Tausili Akana‍’s sister transferred to Texas to play volleyball, so I expect them to go after him. The Aggies have been in the mix.

Jeremiyah Love‍ had some amazing things to say about coach Tommie Robinson. Notre Dame has made a big push, and I lean towards the Irish as the favorite.

I like the chances the Aggies pick up two more commits in the next week. I would take that bet. Shanahan looks like he's on the verge. Dalton Brooks‍ is another one. Who knows? There are a few other prospects who may make some moves in the next few weeks. Don’t read into my face, but I feel good about the things over the next few weeks.

Brooks is expected to be in College Station this weekend. Bravion Rogers‍ is bending his ear a little bit. We’ll see what Brooks' timeline is.

There's still plenty of drama with two signing days. People were sweating in February last year with big targets still on the table.

Austin Novosad‍ will be in town on Friday. He was in Notre Dame yesterday and had a great visit. A&M is right there, and he's expected to visit Baylor on Saturday. He is a priority target.

Recruits care about conference talk and pay attention to it. It may not be the biggest factor, but it’s something they are watching

32 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Man, I love this ramble. 

Chase Bisontis is their bellcow, apparently. A troglodyte from New Jersey who thinks Adazzio is inspiring is going to be the guy that the rest of their class rallies around. I mean, sure, yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

Hicks isn't coming to their big event, but he loves ATM. He's just visiting Norman because it's known globally as one of the great cities of the world. 

They go out on a limb and predict Shanahan and maybe one other guy will commit in the next two weeks. Okay then. Shanahan has already lost in the game of musical chairs. If ATM doesn't land him, Adazzio should be fired on the spot at this point.

Things look super good for Hill and Gullette. No real reason why, but sure. These two are either the big bag plays of the year, or this is just circular talk within the ATM football program. They're bizarrely optimistic when nothing is trending for them with either player. 

Novosad is being wooed by Notre Dame. He's still committed to Baylor. ATM has been pushing him to decommit for 2 months. I'm interested in seeing if he actually shows up on Friday.

They're not mentioning Toviano but he very well may be a surprise visitor.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

Just my thoughts, I have no inside information.

texam will have a decent class.

They are severely behind on setting up a legal way to NIL players with "the fund" which skims off the top and basically manages anything players can do.  Welcome to not having a real law school. 

The spotlight from Saban and others have made donors shy.  The bag dropping stuff scares them.  IRS, federal and state laws.  Big money isn't stupid.  

Fisher may appeal to their fan base, but acts like a clown (Herman did similar in his career here - hated that hire).  Recruits and media see this.  He set FSU back a decade and will do the same at texam over time.  Can you imagine if Sark acted like Jimbo, talked like him, etc. (Herman)?  I'm very positive on Sark, give him time to develop his kids.  You can't find a single thing of him not acting with class and respect at UT (he even dresses cool).  Jimbo - quite the opposite - a parrotting fool. 

Over the next 2 years the transfer portal will be brutal to texam.  They have no QB, a good defense and run game but that won't cut it in Jimbo's archaic offense.  

I'm glad Jimbo has a long contract with them.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, hornlife said:

They are severely behind on setting up a legal way to NIL players with "the fund" which skims off the top and basically manages anything players can do.  Welcome to not having a real law school. 

I take great joy in aggy misery and them being behind the ball in anything, but their law school has nothing to do with wherever their NIL initiatives stand. Like UT,  A&M is going to hire from outside its alumni ranks for its internal legal department, and use top-tier firms for outside counsel matters (just as I'd expect any of their big cigars or NILs collective to do for anything significant in that realm).

Might also note that the latest law school rankings have aggy law in the "tier one" (i.e., T50) schools for the first time in the history of the school, even stretching back to its Wesleyan days. They are ranked No. 46, behind Texas (No. 17) obviously, but still the second highest ranked school in the state. They've made huge investments in the school since they acquired it in 2013 and played moneyball with the ranking criteria items very well. Its meteoric rise from unranked (sub-150) to where it is now in less than a decade is, frankly, impressive. Have my doubts they'll even sniff the T20 in my lifetime, but their handling of the law school so far is one of the few things I'll commend them for.

Thanks for reading my blog. Now back to your regular off-topic programming. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1