Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

A better question is to ask how a 4, or at most a 5 year player, is expected to win 10 Rings.

Aggie Math at it's finest. 

Don't underestimate Aggie.  They probably plan on launching a new program this year where they make a ring for every SEC win.  

37 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Those are some weird edits.

The rings around Bisontis look like handcuffs.

The statue with Hill looks like a mini-me.

The bottom one with the severed goat heads looks sorta Satanic.

And they all stink of desperation.

Even better. The rams are part of the logo for Shiner beer. The Shiner HS mascot is the Comanches. I guess they couldn't photoshop Buffalo Hump and Kicking Wolf next to him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

56 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

A better question is to ask how a 4, or at most a 5 year player, is expected to win 10 Rings.

Aggie Math at it's finest. 

Well its easy

• 1 for graduating
  • 1 for whatever yearly random season game win they want to bump their chest about
  • 1 for bowl game participation (oh wait .. ) 
  • 1 for each division championship (lol)
  • 1 for each sec championship (just wait) 
  • a cock ring for winning the MNC 

there's easily 10 rings in there for any aggy that can count beyond the 4 fingers on their two hands. 

56 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Starting to think Mike Elko didn't get enough credit for his recruiting prowness and apparently single handed booster bagging ability...

image.thumb.png.adb04dc98b7ffef95bf0db007dfcde77.png

Why does that character look like the 'Blue Devil' rendition of the Noid from Domino's Pizza?

The Noid Is Back and Now He's a Marxist Hero! — Nathan Rabin's Happy Place

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, South Austin said:

He got Coca-Cola in the Duke football offices?!?!?!?  He's a fucking endorsement machine!

Duke Football has less of an "office" and more of a "lightly-used hallway in the basketball tower".

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

It’s amazing how many recruits from their last class were committed to other programs before realizing that they always wanted to be Aggies. 

If Jimbo thinks he is going to pull that off again, he is sorely mistaken. Everyone will see him coming and be ready to counter what seems to be his only real recruiting move. There are no outgoing coaches in any schools around him that will let visits slip through the cracks where he gives them the money on the table hard sell and flips them out of nowhere. We shot ourselves in the foot by telling top recruits last cycle to wait and see how we play last year. Then we went 5-7. Recruits are not waiting this cycle like Harris and Stewart because we won't be going 5-7 this year and everyone knows it. Arch was the stamp of approval that many of the guys needed and they are more willing to jump earlier. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Here are things I know regarding UT and ATM recruiting from being actually involved in some things that touch all of this:

1) No one is more compliant with NIL than Texas. The compliance department at Texas lives up the ass of each program and cannot wait to show up and slap hands if someone even hints at doing something wrong. Some of us have literally met with them and discussed how to handle things appropriately.

2) The NCAA absolutely has reached out to understand things at numerous schools including Texas and then promptly said "that all makes sense, let us know you if need clarity on anything". There are collectives and donors (not Texas) doing some wild shit that have been given the affirmative by the NCAA. None of them are ATM though, because they're not talking to the NCAA about a fucking thing. They don't have any viable NIL programs and they're not about to talk openly about anything else.

3) No one is paying anyone, anywhere, to not attend something. ATM is a program notorious under Fisher for paying players to completely shut everything down, and paying them illegally do so, but even that's not paying someone to not visit somewhere else. 

4) The "we'll get a bunch of players committed elsewhere to decommit later" strategy isn't going to work when every other school knows that's what ATM is going to desperately attempt after starting so far from behind. 

I've typed a lot about what is going on with them this cycle and you're seeing it all unfold. They are being dogpiled.

The big thing to watch out for is that they view Anthony Hill as a lynchpin for a title run. I know folks feel good about where his recruitment is and I hope that stays the case, but there is some buzz to the premise that they will put something absolutely ridiculous in front of him and focus a huge last gasp bag of money on that single recruitment. 

the force awakens GIF by Star Wars

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The big thing to watch out for is that they view Anthony Hill as a lynchpin for a title run. I know folks feel good about where his recruitment is and I hope that stays the case, but there is some buzz to the premise that they will put something absolutely ridiculous in front of him and focus a huge last gasp bag of money on that single recruitment. 

Blowing their entire bag budget to keep one elite player away from UT while the rest of their class is a red-headed step child with a face only Karen Key Largo could love would be an all-time aggy move. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

Blowing their entire bag budget to keep one elite player away from UT while the rest of their class is a red-headed step child with a face only Karen Key Largo could love would be an all-time aggy move. 

That is literally what I am afraid of and it's not unfounded. We're going to find out soon.

2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

It's the Jimbo Fisher Florida State Football playbook. Get your title, get your guaranteed money, get the fuck out while the program burns behind you.

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

It's the Jimbo Fisher Florida State Football playbook. Get your title, get your guaranteed money, get the fuck out while the program burns behind you.

I guess one of the pages fell out while he has packing up the playbook to head to the Station. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I guess one of the pages fell out while he has packing up the playbook to head to the Station. 

I'm thinking Jimbo sees himself holding the 2021 class together with duct tape and promises for another year, Hill shows up with 5 JAGs and an anime waifu body pillow, he wins the 2023 title, and then fuck it, who cares, the money's guaranteed.

Edited by texifornia

Just now, texifornia said:

I'm thinking Jimbo sees himself holding the 2021 class together with duct tape and promises for another year, Hill shows up with 5 JAGs and a body pillow, he wins the 2023 title, and then fuck it, who cares, the money's guaranteed.

It's aggy. They're not ever winning shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

That is literally what I am afraid of and it's not unfounded. We're going to find out soon.

Yeah, it wouldn’t shock me at all. But I do wonder if all the rumors swirling about aggy not following through on their commitments to 22 recruits will dissuade guys like Hill from taking huge offers from aggy if they will be paid out over time.

An illegal (and therefore unenforceable) offer to to pay a guy $2 million over 4 years is worth less than Taylor Hamm writing IOU on a sticky note. 

53 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Yeah, it wouldn’t shock me at all. But I do wonder if all the rumors swirling about aggy not following through on their commitments to 22 recruits will dissuade guys like Hill from taking huge offers from aggy if they will be paid out over time.

An illegal (and therefore unenforceable) offer to to pay a guy $2 million over 4 years is worth less than Taylor Hamm writing IOU on a sticky note. 

It is certainly a consideration that I think a lot of the recruits this cycle have. But, if Jimbo literally hands the guy a flashdrive or gives him a map to buried treasure somewhere in Hill's backyard, then future NIL stuff gets clouded over by what is in front of them. That being said, if Jimbo goes crazy and actually does hand him $500k in cash or something, then Texas needs to stress to Hill that we can match and/or exceed that ahead of that visit. 

• Like 1

Just now, Vertigo said:

It is certainly a consideration that I think a lot of the recruits this cycle have. But, if Jimbo literally hands the guy a flashdrive or gives him a map to buried treasure somewhere in Hill's backyard, then future NIL stuff gets clouded over by what is in front of them. That being said, if Jimbo goes crazy and actually does hand him $500k in cash or something, then Texas needs to stress to Hill that we can match and/or exceed that ahead of that visit. 

Sure if Jimbo pays him up front, but if the aggy rumors are true that they’re not following through on paying the 22 guys, then paying Hill a shitload up front would piss off their whole locker room. 

Actually now that I say that, it sounds exactly like something aggy would do. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1