Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

10 minutes ago, Sandbagging Steve said:

I thought they would be average his first few years and that's probably an accurate assessment. 

I thought it would fall apart last season. Does Wake Forest beat them if given the chance? It should count as a forfeit. Jimbo has won a bunch of close games against average competition. It will be interesting to see how long he can maintain it without Elko. He bought his "future" defense if they all stay on campus. Can he hold it together long enough to keep them on campus?

I think they'll get destroyed in Tuscaloosa, but I'm watching to see what happens before that.  Lose to Arky and Mississippi State again the two weeks before that game and I think that locker room blows up.  Miami will be interesting to watch as well.  If Christobal can go into Columbus and get a road win against tOSU he can definitely do it against aggy.  All three of these teams before bama' have well above average QB's and veteran OL's.  And Appalachian State is better than the usual cupcake they play.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I think they'll get destroyed in Tuscaloosa, but I'm watching to see what happens before that.  Lose to Arky and Mississippi State again the two weeks before that game and I think that locker room blows up.  Miami will be interesting to watch as well.  All three of these teams before bama' have well above average QB's and veteran OL's.  And Appalachian State is better than the usual cupcake they play.

They're actually playing a big boy schedule for probably the first time since moving to the SEC. I would imagine when they scheduled Miami they figured it would be an easy win against a somewhat helmet school. But Miami found a QB. They might not be good, but they will be one of the few teams with a pulse in the history of ATM's OOC schedule since joining the SEC. I will be tuned in for that game. I'm not sure Jimbo's offense can score enough points to beat a team with an offensive pulse.

SEC as a whole has always had great talent but lacked good coaching. The Big 12 is the polar opposite of the SEC. The second and third tier programs in the SEC have done a good job of hiring coaches the past 2 years. Leach, Kiffin (weirdo but good fit), and Sam Pittman (surprisingly good fit) to name a few. It will be interesting to see how Jimbo the dinosaur holds up against the more forward thinking head coaches in the league. He now has competition in the second tier of programs.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Jimbo started with Elko and has downgraded to a DC notorious on every level of the sport, and widely disliked by the players. He started with Turner, went lateral or might have even upticked the role with Henson, and now he's got Addazio on staff running point on fucking up recruitments and sure to create morale upheaval on the offensive side of the ball. He'll keep doing this with staff as he fails to achieve eye-catching results but needs guys he's comfortable with who will join him due to the money. I am sure Robinson is next after this season.

Looking at staff additions between the 2 programs, 7loss Steve sure was able to read the room much better than national champion ritz bitz.

Edited by HtownHorn

8 minutes ago, Sandbagging Steve said:

I'm sitting at home coughing up fluid after testing positive for Covid a couple of weeks ago. I've been posting more than usual since then because I have nothing else to do. But good conspiracy. You sound like me on the previous page.

2 weeks? my wife tested positive on Tuesday and today she was outside helping with yard work. pussy.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

The simplest answer is often the right one and here it obviously seems to be the case - The aggies have regressed to their histrorical mean as a pack of disorganized fucktards letting their mouths write checks their bank accounts can't cash and beating their chests to crow about their achievements while the rest of the world blows past them at warp speed. Ritz Bitz isn't an aggie by diploma, but he's that redass aggie that got to College Station as quickly as he otherwise could.

Fisher's program at FSU started at a high level inherited from a legend. The accumulation of Fisher's behaviors and personnel choices led to its eventual collapse as he aggressively replaced substance with style. He moneywhipped the ATM program into a solid beginning staff while buying some quality classes. Ultimately though, he's going to grind his staff into rubble and the player mercenaries he's purchased won't be sticking around forever if the program can't keep up with the times. 

Jimbo started with Elko and has downgraded to a DC notorious on every level of the sport, and widely disliked by the players. He started with Turner, went lateral or might have even upticked the role with Henson, and now he's got Addazio on staff running point on fucking up recruitments and sure to create morale upheaval on the offensive side of the ball. He'll keep doing this with staff as he fails to achieve eye-catching results but needs guys he's comfortable with who will join him due to the money. I am sure Robinson is next after this season.

I thought this had been established as a murder of clusterfucks...

24 minutes ago, Sandbagging Steve said:

I'm sitting at home coughing up fluid after testing positive for Covid a couple of weeks ago. I've been posting more than usual since then because I have nothing else to do. But good conspiracy. You sound like me on the previous page.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/what-is-covid-19-brain-fog-and-how-can-you-clear-it-2021030822076

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Can’t spell “lame” without a&m. No matter what they do it always fails and circles back to a cult society with a persecuted by the world  mentality while adopting an imagined blue blood status front. Complete lack of self awareness with regard to who and what they really are … is who they are. The song remains the same.

Edited by Wishbone
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, RollingPresidential said:

I feel like we write that about them every year. Hope it's right this time. 

Look- they schedule 4 shit OOC games and their permanent rivalry is a shitty SC. They basically start out with (at least) 5 guaranteed wins a year which provides a relatively high floor to keep their season from ever having the chance to truly fall apart. 
it’s instructive that they finish 4th and 5th on their division time and again. They are propped up by a cynical and cowardly schedule every year. 

• Hook 'Em 7

3 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Look- they schedule 4 shit OOC games and their permanent rivalry is a shitty SC. They basically start out with (at least) 5 guaranteed wins a year which provides a relatively high floor to keep their season from ever having the chance to truly fall apart. 
it’s instructive that they finish 4th and 5th on their division time and again. They are propped up by a cynical and cowardly schedule every year. 

Just Jimbo showing how much he cares about small schools with shitty football teams getting a payday. It has nothing to do with padding the schedule.

Marvel Studios Reaction GIF by Disney+

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Yeah, that’s right……looking forward to fucking that plan up soon.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

Yeah, that’s right……looking forward to fucking that plan up soon.

Absolutely. Going from 8 to 9 conference games a year, and ending their cross division rivalry with USCe is going to really fuck them up. An energized and competent Arkansas isn’t going to help them any too much either. 

my big hope for realignment and going to the SEC and building a super conference is 12 games scheduled against peers and the ability to play for a national title after going 8-4. 
If aggy has to play 12 games against peer schools on the regular, good ole 8-4 U will trade that in for 4-8 U, which will be fun to see.  Lots of fun. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 3

JFC this thread is filling up with masturbatory fantasies of our ascension to football nirvana and the corresponding fall of aggy to the depths of football hell. Well, as the man said, let's not start sucking each other's dicks quite yet. I'lll settle for continued recruiting momentum and a decent season, combined with a healthy dose of aggy misery...

Edited by Junior Bonner
  • Hook 'Em 8

15 minutes ago, Junior Bonner said:

JFC this thread is filling up with masturbatory fantasies of our ascension to football nirvana and the corresponding fall of aggy to the depths of football hell. Well, as the man said, let's not start sucking each other's dicks quite yet. I'lll settle for continued recruiting momentum and a decent season, combined with a healthy dose of aggy misery...

Look- if you don’t think they could go 4-8 On the regular against 12 P5 schools you don’t know aggy. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Yeah , let’s start by beating Kansas, k state and iowa state type teams handily before we start making bcs championship reservations .
  • Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, Redneck Mutha said:

As shitty as the last decade has been for us and as great as the last decade has (supposedly) been for them, we still have more P5 wins than they do over those 10 years (57-55).  We also have more wins than they do over P5 teams that ended the season with a winning record (30-28).

Their additional 15 wins over that time have come at the expense of the South Carolina States, Sam Houston States, Nichols States, Prairie Views, Lamars, and Northwestern States of college football.  Congrats, I guess?

I knew this conceptually. Thanks for doing the numbers. 

33 minutes ago, Redneck Mutha said:

As shitty as the last decade has been for us and as great as the last decade has (supposedly) been for them, we still have more P5 wins than they do over those 10 years (57-55).  We also have more wins than they do over P5 teams that ended the season with a winning record (30-28).

Their additional 15 wins over that time have come at the expense of the South Carolina States, Sam Houston States, Nichols States, Prairie Views, Lamars, and Northwestern States of college football.  Congrats, I guess?

CluelessEssentialFruitbat-size_restricte

9 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

That painting is the Fall of the Roman Empire.

sort of.  this is 4 of 5 in a series by cole.  many believe it's inspiration was the vandal sacking of rome in 455.  many also believe the series was cole's (negative) commentary on andrew jackson and the dems.  the entire series can be viewed today at the new york historical society.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Course_of_Empire_(paintings)

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, BigSwingingD said:

Here is the only confirmed pool party attendee (credit @Chooky) and a live look at Jizzbo in the pool.

download.jpeg.jpg.207da9de5e9c03108de723daaee23333.jpg

Ah yes, the painting from Good Bull Hunting.

WILL
           Well, maybe you're in the middle of a storm, a big fuckin'
           storm.

SEAN
           eah, maybe.

WILL
           The sky's fallin' on your head, the waves are crashin'
           over your little pool party, the oars are about to snap. You
           just piss in your pants, you're cryin' for the croots,
           and maybe you do what you gotta do to get them to come. Yeah,
           maybe you start offering bags.

SEAN