Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

21 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I've seen the Texags mods mention Paul Mubenga as a guy they feel good about for OL, but he's getting a run of LSU picks today lulz.  

Seems like nobody likes Addazio.

They may have to start finding some Ryan Lengyel's and Max Merril's.

dude is a very well known asshole

3 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I didn't really remember much about Adazzio so I looked him up. I don't see anything in his profile that might indicate he's an asshole. Seems like a helluva guy.

• Urban Meyer disciple going back to Urban's ND days and then was oline coach for him at Florida. Then OC after Mullen left. In fact Meyer got him the Colorado State job after burning bridges at Temple and flaming out at Boston College
  • He allegedly got super aggressive and completed all the logistical work getting Aaron Hernandez to leave high school early to start training at Florida against the wishes of Hernandez's high school principal. 
  • At Temple he told NFL scouts that Bernard Pierce, arguably the best player in school history, was undraftable because Addazio was upset that he wasn’t coming back for his senior year and was being “selfish”.
  • As head coach as BC, he once got former BC player and then Atlanta Falcon LB Josh Keyes blackballed from getting free BC tickets during his NFL off week because the player liked and commented on a post on Facebook critical of Addazio. Keyes went and bought tickets himself and then was denied entrance to the game. He finally got someone to let him in. Someone from BC then called Falcons coach Dan Quinn and told him that Keyes had talked shit about BC and their program, and that he would probably do the same about him, and he was a bad character guy and they should probably cut him.
  • Allegedly went to a BC basketball fundraising event and convinced the donors to give to the football team instead. 
  • At Colorado State, he got ejected during the first half of the final game of the season against Nevada, by rule after receiving two unsportsmanlike conduct penalties; he is just the second coach to be ejected following the NCAA rule change implemented in 2016. On senior night.
  • Allegedly tried to skirt covid protocols at CSU, "Multiple coaches, players and sports medicine staffers told ESPN and the Coloradoan that players had been instructed to mask symptoms of COVID-19 because they might lose playing time if they contracted the coronavirus, while staffers at the school said inconsistency, misinformation and negligence around COVID-19 protocols had compromised the safety of student-athletes."
  • Got into altercation with custodian who was trying to clean the bathroom. “What did you say to me, boy?” at which point the custodian again said, “I guess my job doesn’t matter.” The custodian told the investigator that Addazio then followed him out of the restroom and said, “I don’t think you know who I am, boy. I run this building.” He said Addazio was yelling and the custodian tried to tell Addazio to move on with his day. As the incident continued, the custodian alleged that Addazio then made what he perceived as a threat on his job. “I don’t think you know who I am. I run this place. Let’s just see if you’re still here tomorrow," the custodian claimed Addazio said.
  • Also lied about said confrontation with custodian, "The coach told the investigator he apologized multiple times and that it was the custodian who escalated the confrontation, leaving the coach feeling “abused and harassed.” Addazio said he left the restroom and was confronted by the custodian. However, the investigator said that a review of surveillance video from the building showed Addazio "escalated the situation, became frustrated, and refused to move on from the situation."
  • Didn't limit berating and intimidation to custodians, "Jimmy Stewart, a mental health counselor who works with student-athletes at CSU, told the paper he witnessed Addazio berate and "humiliate" a football player over an academic issue. Stewart said he believed Addazio's attitude toward the unnamed athlete, who is Black, was steeped in a racist attitude. "In that encounter with the Black student-athlete, Coach Addazio had this attitude that he's bigger and more powerful than the student-athlete," Stewart told the Coloradoan. A staff member told the publication Addazio later bragged about the incident and called the football player a "f---ing douchebag."

This is tremendous work. Thank you. 

11 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I didn't really remember much about Adazzio so I looked him up. I don't see anything in his profile that might indicate he's an asshole. Seems like a helluva guy.

• Urban Meyer disciple going back to Urban's ND days and then was oline coach for him at Florida. Then OC after Mullen left. In fact Meyer got him the Colorado State job after burning bridges at Temple and flaming out at Boston College
  • He allegedly got super aggressive and completed all the logistical work getting Aaron Hernandez to leave high school early to start training at Florida against the wishes of Hernandez's high school principal. 
  • At Temple he told NFL scouts that Bernard Pierce, arguably the best player in school history, was undraftable because Addazio was upset that he wasn’t coming back for his senior year and was being “selfish”.
  • As head coach as BC, he once got former BC player and then Atlanta Falcon LB Josh Keyes blackballed from getting free BC tickets during his NFL off week because the player liked and commented on a post on Facebook critical of Addazio. Keyes went and bought tickets himself and then was denied entrance to the game. He finally got someone to let him in. Someone from BC then called Falcons coach Dan Quinn and told him that Keyes had talked shit about BC and their program, and that he would probably do the same about him, and he was a bad character guy and they should probably cut him.
  • Allegedly went to a BC basketball fundraising event and convinced the donors to give to the football team instead. 
  • At Colorado State, he got ejected during the first half of the final game of the season against Nevada, by rule after receiving two unsportsmanlike conduct penalties; he is just the second coach to be ejected following the NCAA rule change implemented in 2016. On senior night.
  • Allegedly tried to skirt covid protocols at CSU, "Multiple coaches, players and sports medicine staffers told ESPN and the Coloradoan that players had been instructed to mask symptoms of COVID-19 because they might lose playing time if they contracted the coronavirus, while staffers at the school said inconsistency, misinformation and negligence around COVID-19 protocols had compromised the safety of student-athletes."
  • Got into altercation with custodian who was trying to clean the bathroom. “What did you say to me, boy?” at which point the custodian again said, “I guess my job doesn’t matter.” The custodian told the investigator that Addazio then followed him out of the restroom and said, “I don’t think you know who I am, boy. I run this building.” He said Addazio was yelling and the custodian tried to tell Addazio to move on with his day. As the incident continued, the custodian alleged that Addazio then made what he perceived as a threat on his job. “I don’t think you know who I am. I run this place. Let’s just see if you’re still here tomorrow," the custodian claimed Addazio said.
  • Also lied about said confrontation with custodian, "The coach told the investigator he apologized multiple times and that it was the custodian who escalated the confrontation, leaving the coach feeling “abused and harassed.” Addazio said he left the restroom and was confronted by the custodian. However, the investigator said that a review of surveillance video from the building showed Addazio "escalated the situation, became frustrated, and refused to move on from the situation."
  • Didn't limit berating and intimidation to custodians, "Jimmy Stewart, a mental health counselor who works with student-athletes at CSU, told the paper he witnessed Addazio berate and "humiliate" a football player over an academic issue. Stewart said he believed Addazio's attitude toward the unnamed athlete, who is Black, was steeped in a racist attitude. "In that encounter with the Black student-athlete, Coach Addazio had this attitude that he's bigger and more powerful than the student-athlete," Stewart told the Coloradoan. A staff member told the publication Addazio later bragged about the incident and called the football player a "f---ing douchebag."

Wow. And weren’t there also a good amount of racist allegations too?

Think I remember there were some specific examples around the BLM movement but can’t remember if there was anything else beyond allegations. 

41 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Wow. And weren’t there also a good amount of racist allegations too?

Think I remember there were some specific examples around the BLM movement but can’t remember if there was anything else beyond allegations. 

Sounds like a perfect fit for aggy. 

• Hook 'Em 2

59 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Sounds like he's perfect for Texas 8&4. Bet he will put a penny on Sully's statue.  In his defense, hasn't killed anyone...yet

There's no way that list is any where close to being comprehensive.  I was just farting around on Google for a few minutes this morning. 

I failed to mention that Addazio hired our best buddy Zach Smith when he was at Temple, even though he knew at least tangentially of Smith's domestic issues going back to when they were back at Florida:

“While an assistant coach at Florida in 2009, I was aware that there was an issue in the personal life of Zach and Courtney Smith,” Addazio said via the Boston Globe. “I did not know specifics, and I knew the matter was in the hands of university personnel and that the couple was involved in counseling. As a husband, father and coach, I have zero tolerance for domestic abuse. There is no place in our program at Boston College for any member of our staff involved in domestic violence.”

He also allegedly set up a burner account to defend himself on social media. This is pretty great:

https://deadspin.com/amid-racism-abuse-claims-did-depressed-fan-sniff-out-1844659264

Edited by Mitch Cumsteen
  • Haha 4

I can't stop going down the rabbit hole with this guy.

Anybody else remember Mack about to hire him in 2010 when he got the Temple head coach job instead? I think I blocked that out from my memory.

https://www.pennlive.com/davidjones/2010/12/temple_may_have_made_mistake_w.html

Steve Addazio was set to be announced as the new offensive line coach for the Texas Longhorns Wednesday. Then, Temple got in the way and offered him a bigger office and about twice the money.

Often abrasive and truculent, he became notorious with demanding Gator fans this season inspiring a website firesteveaddazio.com. He juggled three quarterbacks with mixed results and insisted on running the ball more than UF backers liked in spite of modest success.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, texifornia said:

Lol, don't you guys remember Aaron Moorhead? At least this time it didn't cause another kid to decommit: https://www.thescore.com/ncaaf/news/1021470

Found this little blurb from SI (about Mannie Netherly - the 4* who decommitted after Mooreheads tweet) in an article about transfer portal:

Mannie Netherly is quite happy these days, even without football.

He is a father to a five-month-old boy, has a solid job as a FedEx delivery driver and is studying to be an electrician at a Houston-area junior college. But that doesn’t mean he has no regrets about a football career that went south in a hurry.

A four-star signee with LSU in 2016, Netherly transitioned from receiver to cornerback and worked his way into the secondary rotation by the end of his second year in Baton Rouge, even recording a tackle in the Tigers’ rousing Fiesta Bowl win over UCF.

In March 2019, two months after that game, Netherly entered the NCAA transfer portal.

He never played a down of football again.

“You’re taking a big risk by putting your name in the portal,” says Netherly. “The grass is not always greener on the other side.”

Netherly is a cautionary tale of what awaits some players in the transfer portal: nothing. Because of the NCAA’s strict scholarship limitations and the latest portal surge, there are more teamless players than there are teams for them.

32 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I can't stop going down the rabbit hole with this guy.

Anybody else remember Mack about to hire him in 2010 when he got the Temple head coach job instead? I think I blocked that out from my memory.

https://www.pennlive.com/davidjones/2010/12/temple_may_have_made_mistake_w.html

"WHICH HUNT"

I'm fucking dying. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I've wasted an embarrassing amount of my day doing this, but I'm going re-post the Steve Addazio stuff with new additions from the original post in bold. Apologies for the multiple posts and thread shitting, but I think this needed to be done. I should have posted links to all this shit, but whatever.

I can't believe Texas A&M hired this toxic motherfucker. Oh, wait a minute. Yes I can.

The Steve Addazio file:

• An Urban Meyer disciple going back to Urban's ND days and then was oline coach for him at Florida. Then OC after Mullen left. In fact Meyer got him the Colorado State job after burning bridges at Temple and flaming out at Boston College. 
  • An embedded reporter at Florida who was there at the time alleged Urban didn’t want to recruit Aaron Hernandez but Addazio talked him into it. “This is what I learned about how Hernandez got to Florida. He was recruited by an assistant coach [Addazio] from Connecticut, who knew of his checkered past. Meyer balked at recruiting him. Partly because one of his assistant coaches [Addazio, again] was so passionate about signing Hernandez and partly because he became convinced “the mission” could change him, Meyer recapitulated.”

• During Hernandez’s recruitment, Addazio allegedly got super aggressive and completed all the logistical work getting him to leave high school early to start training at Florida against the wishes of Hernandez's high school principal who now regrets letting it happen.

• Also, he and Aaron Hernandez appeared to be part of the mutual admiration society. From an article when he was hired at BC and Hernandez was still playing for the Patriots, "I had a great relationship with him," Addazio said. "I had a great trust factor, obviously being from the state of Connecticut going into Connecticut [to recruit]. I thought [Florida] ended up being a terrific fit for him. And certainly so, so proud of all the things that he's accomplished. He's a great guy with a great work ethic and great talent." Hernandez was also full of praise for his former coach. "He's a great coach," he said. "He's a great person on and off the field. He can be a little intense at times, but I loved him and I loved having him as a coach." Pretty cool that Aaron Hernandez that he could be, "a little intense."

• Peter principled up to OC at Florida, where he was generally despised for both on and off the field behavior including putting out a terrible offense while having Tim Tebow. He tried rotating a three qb offense for crying out loud. “Often abrasive and truculent, he became notorious with demanding Gator fans this season inspiring a website firesteveaddazio.com. He juggled three quarterbacks with mixed results and insisted on running the ball more than UF backers liked in spite of modest success."

• Was almost hired by Mack Brown as OL coach at UT in 2010 before getting the Temple head coach job. Of all the fucked up shit on his resume which includes saying that he's "so, so proud" of a murdering sociopath who is a “great guy,” this might the most damning given Mack’s atrocious history of hiring OL coaches.

• Also as part of his Urban nepotism, hired the indomitable Zach Smith while he was at Temple, even though he knew at least tangentially of Smith's domestic issues going back to when they were together back at Florida. Got called out for it years later while at BC. “While an assistant coach at Florida in 2009, I was aware that there was an issue in the personal life of Zach and Courtney Smith,” Addazio said via the Boston Globe. “I did not know specifics, and I knew the matter was in the hands of university personnel and that the couple was involved in counseling. As a husband, father and coach, I have zero tolerance for domestic abuse. There is no place in our program at Boston College for any member of our staff involved in domestic violence.”

• Shitcanned a staffer at CSU because he questioned Adazzio on his nepotism/sucking at the quid pro quo teat of Urban. “Anthoney Hill, the school's former player development coach and its starting quarterback in the early 1990s, said he was terminated following Addazio's hiring as head coach in December because he had expressed concerns about Addazio and the hiring of his son, Louie Addazio, and Urban Meyer's son-in-law, Corey Dennis. Meyer reportedly assisted CSU with its search, which led to the hiring of Addazio, who is Meyer's friend and one of his former assistants.” ***It should be noted that Corey Dennis got a full time assistant QB coach job with Ryan Day at Ohio State instead of going to CSU after our boy Tom Herman hired Mike Yurcich away from them to be OC here. Congrats to Corey on dodging that bullet.

• Refused to hire a special teams coordinator at CSU and took the responsibility for himself. Then, against Utah State, CSU lost on a chaotic final sequence when the field goal team was unnecessarily rushed on the field (they could have spiked the ball to stop the clock) and missed a go-ahead kick. Addazio placed the blame on players after the game. The next week, Addazio banned media from two days of practice availability as criticism mounted.

• At Colorado State, he got ejected during the first half of the final game of the season against Nevada, after receiving two unsportsmanlike conduct penalties; he is just the second coach to be ejected following the NCAA rule change implemented in 2016. On senior night.

• Allegedly tried to skirt covid protocols at CSU by threatening players, "Multiple coaches, players and sports medicine staffers told ESPN and the Coloradoan that players had been instructed to mask symptoms of COVID-19 because they might lose playing time if they contracted the coronavirus, while staffers at the school said inconsistency, misinformation and negligence around COVID-19 protocols had compromised the safety of student-athletes."

• Got into altercation with custodian who was trying to clean the bathroom. “What did you say to me, boy?” at which point the custodian again said, “I guess my job doesn’t matter.” The custodian told the investigator that Addazio then followed him out of the restroom and said, “I don’t think you know who I am, boy. I run this building.” He said Addazio was yelling and the custodian tried to tell Addazio to move on with his day. As the incident continued, the custodian alleged that Addazio then made what he perceived as a threat on his job. “I don’t think you know who I am. I run this place. Let’s just see if you’re still here tomorrow," the custodian claimed Addazio said.

• He also allegedly set up a burner account to defend himself on social media. "CSU Rams Fan." This is pretty great, with sampling of tweets below.
    https://deadspin.com/amid-racism-abuse-claims-did-depressed-fan-sniff-out-1844659264

This is the final tweet from that account, four days after he got fired. Joe Parker is the AD

• And finally.... to continue the endless nepotism, in January ATM apparently hired his son Louie from Nevada where he was the OL coach, but in no official capacity. I can't find shit on him other than he has Texas A&M in his twitter bio. 

clap-the-rock.gif

1 hour ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I've wasted an embarrassing amount of my day doing this, but I'm going re-post the Steve Addazio stuff with new additions from the original post in bold. Apologies for the multiple posts and thread shitting, but I think this needed to be done. I should have posted links to all this shit, but whatever.

I can't believe Texas A&M hired this toxic motherfucker. Oh, wait a minute. Yes I can.

The Steve Addazio file:

• An Urban Meyer disciple going back to Urban's ND days and then was oline coach for him at Florida. Then OC after Mullen left. In fact Meyer got him the Colorado State job after burning bridges at Temple and flaming out at Boston College. 
  • An embedded reporter at Florida who was there at the time alleged Urban didn’t want to recruit Aaron Hernandez but Addazio talked him into it. “This is what I learned about how Hernandez got to Florida. He was recruited by an assistant coach [Addazio] from Connecticut, who knew of his checkered past. Meyer balked at recruiting him. Partly because one of his assistant coaches [Addazio, again] was so passionate about signing Hernandez and partly because he became convinced “the mission” could change him, Meyer recapitulated.”

• During Hernandez’s recruitment, Addazio allegedly got super aggressive and completed all the logistical work getting him to leave high school early to start training at Florida against the wishes of Hernandez's high school principal who now regrets letting it happen.

• Also, he and Aaron Hernandez appeared to be part of the mutual admiration society. From an article when he was hired at BC and Hernandez was still playing for the Patriots, "I had a great relationship with him," Addazio said. "I had a great trust factor, obviously being from the state of Connecticut going into Connecticut [to recruit]. I thought [Florida] ended up being a terrific fit for him. And certainly so, so proud of all the things that he's accomplished. He's a great guy with a great work ethic and great talent." Hernandez was also full of praise for his former coach. "He's a great coach," he said. "He's a great person on and off the field. He can be a little intense at times, but I loved him and I loved having him as a coach." Pretty cool that Aaron Hernandez that he could be, "a little intense."

• Peter principled up to OC at Florida, where he was generally despised for both on and off the field behavior including putting out a terrible offense while having Tim Tebow. He tried rotating a three qb offense for crying out loud. “Often abrasive and truculent, he became notorious with demanding Gator fans this season inspiring a website firesteveaddazio.com. He juggled three quarterbacks with mixed results and insisted on running the ball more than UF backers liked in spite of modest success."

• Was almost hired by Mack Brown as OL coach at UT in 2010 before getting the Temple head coach job. Of all the fucked up shit on his resume which includes saying that he's "so, so proud" of a murdering sociopath who is a “great guy,” this might the most damning given Mack’s atrocious history of hiring OL coaches.

• Also as part of his Urban nepotism, hired the indomitable Zach Smith while he was at Temple, even though he knew at least tangentially of Smith's domestic issues going back to when they were together back at Florida. Got called out for it years later while at BC. “While an assistant coach at Florida in 2009, I was aware that there was an issue in the personal life of Zach and Courtney Smith,” Addazio said via the Boston Globe. “I did not know specifics, and I knew the matter was in the hands of university personnel and that the couple was involved in counseling. As a husband, father and coach, I have zero tolerance for domestic abuse. There is no place in our program at Boston College for any member of our staff involved in domestic violence.”

• Shitcanned a staffer at CSU because he questioned Adazzio on his nepotism/sucking at the quid pro quo teat of Urban. “Anthoney Hill, the school's former player development coach and its starting quarterback in the early 1990s, said he was terminated following Addazio's hiring as head coach in December because he had expressed concerns about Addazio and the hiring of his son, Louie Addazio, and Urban Meyer's son-in-law, Corey Dennis. Meyer reportedly assisted CSU with its search, which led to the hiring of Addazio, who is Meyer's friend and one of his former assistants.” ***It should be noted that Corey Dennis got a full time assistant QB coach job with Ryan Day at Ohio State instead of going to CSU after our boy Tom Herman hired Mike Yurcich away from them to be OC here. Congrats to Corey on dodging that bullet.

• Refused to hire a special teams coordinator at CSU and took the responsibility for himself. Then, against Utah State, CSU lost on a chaotic final sequence when the field goal team was unnecessarily rushed on the field (they could have spiked the ball to stop the clock) and missed a go-ahead kick. Addazio placed the blame on players after the game. The next week, Addazio banned media from two days of practice availability as criticism mounted.

• At Colorado State, he got ejected during the first half of the final game of the season against Nevada, after receiving two unsportsmanlike conduct penalties; he is just the second coach to be ejected following the NCAA rule change implemented in 2016. On senior night.

• Allegedly tried to skirt covid protocols at CSU by threatening players, "Multiple coaches, players and sports medicine staffers told ESPN and the Coloradoan that players had been instructed to mask symptoms of COVID-19 because they might lose playing time if they contracted the coronavirus, while staffers at the school said inconsistency, misinformation and negligence around COVID-19 protocols had compromised the safety of student-athletes."

• Got into altercation with custodian who was trying to clean the bathroom. “What did you say to me, boy?” at which point the custodian again said, “I guess my job doesn’t matter.” The custodian told the investigator that Addazio then followed him out of the restroom and said, “I don’t think you know who I am, boy. I run this building.” He said Addazio was yelling and the custodian tried to tell Addazio to move on with his day. As the incident continued, the custodian alleged that Addazio then made what he perceived as a threat on his job. “I don’t think you know who I am. I run this place. Let’s just see if you’re still here tomorrow," the custodian claimed Addazio said.

• He also allegedly set up a burner account to defend himself on social media. "CSU Rams Fan." This is pretty great, with sampling of tweets below.

This is the final tweet from that account, four days after he got fired. Joe Parker is the AD

• And finally.... to continue the endless nepotism, in January ATM apparently hired his son Louie from Nevada where he was the OL coach, but in no official capacity. I can't find shit on him other than he has Texas A&M in his twitter bio. 

Outstanding days work of research.

Oh, and by the way, condolences in advance on the pink slip tomorrow.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

The Steve Addazio file:

This is important surly scholarship, @immamac needs to 3d print you a medal

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

The Steve Addazio file:

The burner account actually refer to Addazio as "me"?! What a dumb ass. 

Aggy's official response : Don't care. Got Jimbo. And Addazio is a sitting head coach. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Am I the only guy reading this stuff who’s thinking that @Mitch Cumsteen is a selfish and dirty shitheel if he doesn’t now go out there and do all of the same research for every coach and admin on the entirety of ATM’s payroll?

i mean if he does this for just 3 coaches total at A&M, he probably deserves a BAMF award

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Am I the only guy reading this stuff who’s thinking that @Mitch Cumsteen is a selfish and dirty shitheel if he doesn’t now go out there and do all of the same research for every coach and admin on the entirety of ATM’s payroll?

He's not the hero we want, but he's the hero we need.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2022 at 11:24 AM, Longhornfrenzy said:

Key notes from Recruiting Country

• Last recruiting cycle was an anomaly in which all of the breaks and all of the big things you needed to go in your favor happened for you. That's almost never the case. The dominos fell perfectly last cycle. However, there is no time to panic. There is plenty of time left in this cycle.

Best Funny Eye Roll Animated GIFs in 2021