Shooting at Austin protest tonight, 1 dead

clapclapclap

14 minutes ago, Saint Tacky said:

Under the Perry rule, what is the threshold for a person standing in the same restaurant to fire his weapon first because that person in line with the firearm might aim that firearm at them?

Shit, in this photo, the barrel of the sidearm is actually pointing at the person who took the picture. If Abbott thinks that shooting in this circumstance was justifiable self defense/stand your ground applies, then this would be an open and shut case for a pardon. Right Governor?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 3

1 hour ago, Saint Tacky said:

Under the Perry rule, what is the threshold for a person standing in the same restaurant to fire his weapon first because that person in line with the firearm might aim that firearm at them?

I think the rule is if they are black you can shoot on sight, but if they are white you have to be a cop to be able to murder them.

• Hook 'Em 6

This seems relevant.

One warm afternoon in May, Dwight Jackson was getting dressed for a visit to his favorite cigar lounge. He slipped his holstered SIG Sauer P320 pistol onto his belt, put on a button-down shirt and leaned across his bed for his wallet. Suddenly, he said, the gun fired, sending a bullet tearing through his right buttock and into his left ankle.

“I heard ‘bang!’” said Jackson, 47, a locomotive engineer who lives in Locust Grove, Ga. “I looked down and saw blood.”

His wife heard the shot from down the hall and screamed. She called an ambulance while Jackson hobbled toward the front door, painting a trail of blood over the hardwood floors.

At no point, Jackson later told police, had he touched the gun’s trigger.

The P320 is one of the nation’s most popular handguns. A variant of the weapon is the standard-issue sidearm for every branch of the U.S. military. Since the gun’s introduction to the commercial market in 2014, manufacturer SIG Sauer has sold the P320 to hundreds of thousands of civilians, and it has been used by officers at more than a thousand law enforcement agencies across the nation, court records show.

It has also gruesomely injured scores of people who say the gun has a potentially deadly defect.

More than 100 people allege that their P320 pistols discharged when they did not pull the trigger, an eight-month investigation by The Washington Post and The Trace has found. At least 80 people were wounded in the shootings, which date to 2016.

At one point is your holstered weapon pointed directly at me a threat to my life?

Any cowboys or indians care to chime in?

20 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

That place is called "Fuel City Tacos"?  Seriously?

Was "Shit Town Tostadas" already taken?  

I’ve never been but years ago, perhaps on the old board, there was a thread about that place. It had cult status as the best tacos in Dallas. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I mean, I love a taco dive more than the next guy.  My mom ran a mid-grade mexican restaurant in West Chicago for a few years.

But if it's inside a gas station and you need to come armed  with your wife in her "fancy" sweatshirt to enjoy your "easter brunch", maybe start rethinking your life choices.  Not judging, but where the fuck do some of you live that you feel the need to drag up and down violent protests looking for trouble and arm yourselves to the teeth to prevent some kinda imminent gas station taco/feral hog showdown?  

Edited by YGIFS

2 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

I mean, I love a taco dive more than the next guy.  My mom ran a mid-grade mexican restaurant in West Chicago for a few years.

But if it's inside a gas station and you need to come armed  with your wife in her "fancy" sweatshirt to enjoy your "easter brunch", maybe start rethinking your life choices.  

These people are losers. They were born as losers to loser parents, they’ll die losers, probably surrounded by their loser kids. No respect for anyone who needs to go out in public to get gringo tacos fucking packing heat 

• Hook 'Em 7

This seems relevant.

One warm afternoon in May, Dwight Jackson was getting dressed for a visit to his favorite cigar lounge. He slipped his holstered SIG Sauer P320 pistol onto his belt, put on a button-down shirt and leaned across his bed for his wallet. Suddenly, he said, the gun fired, sending a bullet tearing through his right buttock and into his left ankle.

“I heard ‘bang!’” said Jackson, 47, a locomotive engineer who lives in Locust Grove, Ga. “I looked down and saw blood.”

His wife heard the shot from down the hall and screamed. She called an ambulance while Jackson hobbled toward the front door, painting a trail of blood over the hardwood floors.

At no point, Jackson later told police, had he touched the gun’s trigger.

The P320 is one of the nation’s most popular handguns. A variant of the weapon is the standard-issue sidearm for every branch of the U.S. military. Since the gun’s introduction to the commercial market in 2014, manufacturer SIG Sauer has sold the P320 to hundreds of thousands of civilians, and it has been used by officers at more than a thousand law enforcement agencies across the nation, court records show.

It has also gruesomely injured scores of people who say the gun has a potentially deadly defect.

More than 100 people allege that their P320 pistols discharged when they did not pull the trigger, an eight-month investigation by The Washington Post and The Trace has found. At least 80 people were wounded in the shootings, which date to 2016.

At one point is your holstered weapon pointed directly at me a threat to my life?

Never. That was pretty easy.

17 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

You thinking the cowboys and indians in that article shot themselves and are just too embarrassed to admit they’re fucking morons?

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, Handcruser said:

How about this chucklekfuck's holstered weapon?

5zl3tgrvi4ta1.jpg.thumb.webp.d4aaa320e743a8a14fd4000a918078e8.webp

Seems like that would be a threat to whoever is standing behind him if it discharges without the trigger being pulled. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, hornian said:

Seems like that would be a threat to whoever is standing behind him if it discharges without the trigger being pulled. 

You sound like a libtard who hates freedom and America.  "Freedom" means gun nut gets to do whatever he wants with his gun.  Period.  WHAT PART OF SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND???????

2 hours ago, hornian said:

We've talked about "low ready", that's "public dildo."

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, hornian said:

We were told it's never a danger. But let's just say he's got one in the chamber and the safety is off. He reaches across his body with his right hand to itch that scabies rash that has been festering on his left side. At what point is our photographer justified to start blasting our good guy with a gun in the back with his brunch Glock?

Edited by royiv

We were told it's never a danger. But let's just say he's got one in the chamber and the safety is off. He reaches across his body with his right hand to itch that scabies rash that has been festering on his left side. At what point is our photographer justified to start blasting our good guy with a gun in the back with his brunch Glock?

When his hand goes on his weapon and he unholsters it is when your spidey senses go haywire.

These are pretty easy. Keep them coming.

As an “arms dealer” I can use these scenarios in discussions with my arms purchasers.

7 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

When his hand goes on his weapon and he unholsters it is when your spidey senses go haywire.

As an “arms dealer” I can use these scenarios in discussions with my arms purchasers.

“Alright, now imagine you’re in a super dangerous scenario like ordering tacos from a gas station. All the sudden that motherfucker behind the counter says they’re out of carne asada.”

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

I was always taught in my NRA gun safety classes when growing up to treat every gun like it was loaded and ready to fire. I was also taught to never point a gun, loaded or unloaded, at another human being. Is that no longer the current school of thought in gun safety?

• Hook 'Em 6

I was always taught in my NRA gun safety classes when growing up to treat every gun like it was loaded and ready to fire. I was also taught to never point a gun, loaded or unloaded, at another human being. Is that no longer the current school of thought in gun safety?

It is. I don’t like shoulder holsters. I think they’re stupid. And can be dangerous
“Alright, now imagine you’re in a super dangerous scenario like ordering tacos from a gas station. All the sudden that motherfucker behind the counter says they’re out of carne asada.”

That would be unfortunate
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

image.gif.17040104bdd06550ecceeaf42da6d5d4.gif

Yeah.   It’s one thing there’s no training or licensing requirement for open carry.  But we couldn’t even be bothered to have a handful of sensible rules on how you actually open carry the weapon?  You can just walk into a Fucking library with two assault rifles Pointed straight ahead or to your sides and that’s just what the founding fathers intended?  

I think of that asshat’s wife when he told her where they were going for brunch.  And he said “hang in sweetie, I forgot something!”  And she quietly thought “oh thank god, he’s gonna google some place nicer than gas station tacos to take me For Easter!”  But nope, he comes back, clumsily adjusting is holster and handgun ‘causE she know how fuel city tacos be hoodin’

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Handcruser said:

It is. I don’t like shoulder holsters. I think they’re stupid. And can be dangerous

Glad we can agree on that. I also appreciate that it appears that you acknowledge the risk of an accidental discharge. Do you guys sell shoulder holsters?

1 minute ago, royiv said:

Glad we can agree on that. I also appreciate that it appears that you acknowledge the risk of an accidental discharge. Do you guys sell shoulder holsters?

Only to actors starring in 1980’s cop movies.  And everyone else over 17

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Only to actors starring in 1980’s cop movies.

But it's cool, because you know they aren't going to carry them for that long, because they're two weeks away from retirement if they can just make it that far without punching their Captain in the mouth because he keeps riding their ass.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

I think of that asshat’s wife when he told her where they were going for brunch.  And he said “hang in sweetie, I forgot something!”  And she quietly thought “oh thank god, he’s gonna google some place nicer than gas station tacos to take me For Easter!”  But nope, he comes back, clumsily adjusting is holster and handgun ‘causE she know how fuel city tacos be hoodin’

Massive assumption that he’s not wearing that around the house.  

Post #1611 just upthtread.

Yeah not sure what your asking.

I’m not worried about a guy with a gun in a shoulder rig.

I do think they’re stupid but the odds of it going off are astronomically low……so low I wouldn’t worry about it. But I’m around this stuff all the time.

We do not stock shoulder rigs. We get some on trade from time to time though.

There are different designs. Some better than others.

19 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

Yeah not sure what your asking.

I’m not worried about a guy with a gun in a shoulder rig.

I do think they’re stupid but the odds of it going off are astronomically low……so low I wouldn’t worry about it. But I’m around this stuff all the time.

We do not stock shoulder rigs. We get some on trade from time to time though.

There are different designs. Some better than others.

You said in that post that having a gun pointed at you was "never" a threat and later on you said that they "can be dangerous." Even your "astronomically low" doesn't equal "never" in my book. Guns are deadly.

I don't want my safety to be put at risk by some pussy ass bitch that thinks he looks cool with his open carry gun even if the odds are astronomically low that his dumbass shoots me. Why should we increase the odds of death or dismemberment just because trailer park boy wants to look cool buying brunch tacos at Fuel City?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

so if there's an astronomically low chance that a gun is going to go off, we don't need to defend ourselves

For safety, since guns de-escalate conflict, we should all go around with shoulder mounted guns pointed at center mass of everyone we encounter during the day.

The most heavily armed group of people, per capita, are Latin American drug cartels.  On average, each member is carrying 1.5-2.0 weapons each.  So they must be the safest, right?  If more guns are the answer to more guns.  Just using the local logic.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

You thinking the cowboys and indians in that article shot themselves and are just too embarrassed to admit they’re fucking morons?

Yes

16 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Just using the local logic.

You sure about that...

You said in that post that having a gun pointed at you was "never" a threat and later on you said that they "can be dangerous." Even your "astronomically low" doesn't equal "never" in my book. Guns are deadly.
I don't want my safety to be put at risk by some pussy ass bitch that thinks he looks cool with his open carry gun even if the odds are astronomically low that his dumbass shoots me. Why should we increase the odds of death or dismemberment just because trailer park boy wants to look cool buying brunch tacos at Fuel City?

Hmmmm.

Yes, I do not think that gun In that holster poses a threat to me. For several reasons.

However, that does not mean that I like shoulder rigs, as I have stated above. Clearly. They can be dangerous, for several reasons.

Both can be true.

That’s my position. Take it or leave it.

40 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

Hmmmm.

Yes, I do not think that gun In that holster poses a threat to me. For several reasons.

However, that does not mean that I like shoulder rigs, as I have stated above. Clearly. They can be dangerous, for several reasons.

Both can be true.

That’s my position. Take it or leave it.

I guess I just had it ingrained in me by my grandfather (pretty much lifetime NRA member that would roll over in his grave if he saw what has happened to that organization) that you don't the barrel of a gun at something unless you want to kill it. Accidents happen and they can be deadly. I'd just rather not be on the killy side of a gun unless I've cleared it myself for cleaning. 

I guess I just had it ingrained in me by my grandfather (pretty much lifetime NRA member that would roll over in his grave if he saw what has happened to that organization) that you don't the barrel of a gun at something unless you want to kill it. Accidents happen and they can be deadly.

Agreed.

I still dont like them.

I’m still not worried about that gun in that holster on that guy.

On 4/11/2023 at 4:09 PM, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

This seems relevant.

So this guy was putting his gun in his pants while cocked (ready to fire) and with one already in the chamber. That’s pretty stupid.

1 hour ago, Handcruser said:

Agreed.

I still dont like them.

I’m still not worried about that gun in that holster on that guy.

While not terrified for my life, I am shifting my position in line to where I am not in the direct line of fire right behind him.  Fuck that guy for making me do that.  I hope he shoots his tiny dick off while exercising his rights.

• Like 3

On 4/11/2023 at 4:18 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Sorry, but making sure a handgun doesn't fire itself is a violation of the 2nd amendment

Hell, SCOTUS has already concluded that corporations are “persons” within the meaning of the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment. What are the odds of the Court fashioning an argument that firearms (any firearm) are excluded from legislative restrictions and/or oversight altogether under the Second Amendment? 

15 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

While not terrified for my life, I am shifting my position in line to where I am not in the direct line of fire right behind him.  Fuck that guy for making me do that.  I hope he shoots his tiny dick off while exercising his rights.

"The Pacific." Gunny on the Firing Range

One of my favorite scenes from "The Pacific."

• Hook 'Em 1