Shooting at Austin protest tonight, 1 dead

clapclapclap

45 minutes ago, Deej said:

At least we got two pieces of shit off the street in this instance.

that's a disgusting and repugnant opinion of Garrett Foster based on no facts of his character whatsoever. I don't agree at all with open carry and think he was foolish to bring a weapon to BLM protests, but he was also there protecting his disabled fiancee and other protesters from anti-BLM folks and APD. He attended multiple protests and never acted violently in any way. He was shot down in cold blood for his political views and here you are calling him a piece of shit for no reason at all. 

Edited by Gourmand
  • Hook 'Em 5

20 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

that's a disgusting and repugnant opinion of Garrett Foster based on no facts of his character whatsoever. I don't agree at all with open carry and think he was foolish to bring a weapon to BLM protests, but he was also there protecting his disabled fiancee and other protesters from anti-BLM folks and APD. He attended multiple protests and never acted violently in any way. He was shot down in cold blood for his political views and here you are calling him a piece of shit for no reason at all. 

He as shot because he showed up to a protest with a weapon of war slung over his shoulder. 

He was fucking idiot, not a hero.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

He as shot because he showed up to a protest with a weapon of war slung over his shoulder. 

He was fucking idiot, not a hero.

He was shot because Daniel Perry saw an opportunity to act on his vision of killing a political opponent and followed through with it.

Open-carry is stupid and senseless, but Foster was not breaking the law and did not threaten Perry, as the evidence at trial demonstrated. 

11 hours ago, Gourmand said:

This is fantastic news. 

FUCK THAT MOTHERFUCKER. 

He knew what he was doing and it wasn't in self defense, in was straight up aggro behavior and he was spoiling for a confrontation. 

Perry sounds like an asshole and assholes ultimately get theirs in some fashion or the other.  Sounds like he needs to go sit in prison for awhile. I expect him to be sentenced as such Tuesday. 

Foster was an unbridled cretin. In a very intense and volatile environment he was in a mask and sporting an AK-47 around his neck. That's not someone looking to deliver first communion. Did he deserve to be shot? I don't know. I wasn't in the courtroom to hear all the evidence. But was Foster, at a minimum, asking for trouble? Next question. 

I've no sympathy for either. Like I said, I hate radicals to a core, doesn't matter whether their preferred color is blue, red, yellow or whatever. You carry some of the baggage around that both of those guys did and it's not always going to end well.  Be civil. Walk straight. Don't do unhinged, dumb shit. You'll probably stay above ground for a long time and at the same time stay out of a cage as well. 

Edited by Wally Pryor
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

He was shot because Daniel Perry saw an opportunity to act on his vision of killing a political opponent and followed through with it.

Open-carry is stupid and senseless, but Foster was not breaking the law and did not threaten Perry, as the evidence at trial demonstrated. 

He’s dead because he was stupid and he ran into another moron that wanted to play cowboys and Indians.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Foster was an unbridled cretin

based on nothing but the fact that you don't agree with his politics. 

4 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

In a very intense and volatile environment he was in a mask

In July 2020??? You can't be this stupid.

5 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

sporting an AK-47 around his neck.

But but but 2A!!! Yeah open carry is stupid as fuck, but so are the dumbasses who vote for the dumbasses who gave us this law. Foster was not breaking any laws. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

based on nothing but the fact that you don't agree with his politics. 

In July 2020??? You can't be this stupid.

But but but 2A!!! Yeah open carry is stupid as fuck, but so are the dumbasses who vote for the dumbasses who gave us this law. Foster was not breaking any laws. 

I'll revisit as you seem to need it. I don't get into politics, red, blue or whatever. I am into sensibility and especially averse to people whose stupidity can cost lives. Buffoons made it "ok" for people to carry around AK-47s in public. If you choose to be an extension of that buffoonery then accept that it can yield consequences. 

Both of these people had stupid traits and they've paid for it in their own way. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

I don't get into politics, red, blue or whatever.

cool, good for you I guess?

Regardless, your description of Foster as an "unbridled cretin" is baseless and inflammatory and imo politically motivated despite your self-described apolitical nature. Seems to me that you're sitting on your Both Sides throne and calling him a cretin just because you don't like his political activism, which is really just a political opinion hiding behind a cloak of political agnosticism. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Hey, if any of you patriotic militia wanna step up and prevent the next school shooting, that'd be totally fine with me.  Or any mass shooting, really.  Dealer's choice.  I look around whenever this shit happens and you fucking pussies are never around.  Why is that?  Serious question-does cowardice hurt, or is like joint pain-you just get used to it?  

• Like 1

On 7/7/2021 at 10:59 AM, Gourmand said:

'm sure this will trigger most of you in this forum, but idgaf because my initial instincts were more correct than not since the story first came out. Go back and read my earlier posts. Many of you were convinced the driver didn't run a red light, that he just found himself in trapped, that the bullets had to be from an assault rifle etc. I won't be surprised if we find out that Foster didn't even have his safety off or any bullets chambered. He was foolish to open carry and if I'd been near him during one of those protests I would have expressed my displeasure and anti-gun opinion to him, but he was lawfully carrying that weapon and did not raise it at Perry. He was a sitting duck for a dude itching to shoot center of mass. 

I'm fed up with right-winger political violence and am glad that this mfer is facing the maximum possible charges and I hope he's put through the ringer defending himself. Let a jury decide.

.According to the D.A.'s lead prosecutor, Guillermo Gonzalez, his gun was recovered with the safety still on and no bullet in the chamber.

Yep, I had it right all along. 

31 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Regardless, your description of Foster as an "unbridled cretin" is baseless and inflammatory and imo politically motivated despite your self-described apolitical nature. Seems to me that you're sitting on your Both Sides throne and calling him a cretin just because you don't like his political activism, which is really just a political opinion hiding behind a cloak of political agnosticism. 

We’ll let you decide whose the cowboy and whose the Indian here.

8 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

We’ll let you decide whose the cowboy and whose the Indian here.

I am anti-gun culture. I do not want a gun and will never own one in my home. I do not support open carry and think Foster was foolish to show up to those protests with a weapon slung around his neck. However, he was following the law and not breaking any gun laws. The evidence overwhelmingly supported the prosecution's claim that he did not raise his weapon at Daniel Perry and never presented a legitimate threat to justify deadly force behind used by the shooter.

The victim-blaming y'all are engaging in is gross and shameful. Be better. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Gourmand said:

He was shot down for approaching a car with his weapon at low ready. Dumbass should have left it at home. I'm willing to wager the other jackals wouldn't had pulled his weapon if that guy isn't at his car door with his rifle. Just because you agree with his politics doesn't mean he was not an idiot who contributed greatly to his own demise. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

I'll try spelling it out as you're struggling to get across the finish line.

I despise any machismo-laden individual who thinks it's okay to walk around in public wearing an AK-47. Period, end of story. It takes imbecility to another level. There could have been 5 Garrett Fosters that night with their own big statements hanging around their necks, except they could have all been MAGA-driven wing nuts, and if they'd been shot in the same situation I'd have the said the same thing. Except I probably would have said it 5 times.

Move on. Everything doesn't have to be about politics. Sometimes it's simply about people making stupid choices.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Deej said:

He was shot down for approaching a car with his weapon at low ready. Dumbass should have left it at home. I'm willing to wager the other jackals wouldn't had pulled his weapon if that guy isn't at his car door with his rifle. Just because you agree with his politics doesn't mean he was not an idiot who contributed greatly to his own demise. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. 

A jury weighed all the facts in the case and heard all the witness testimony that consistently described Perry as the aggressor and Foster as an innocent victim who never raised his weapon and leaned in to the driver's side window to tell Perry to cool it with his car.

The fact that you can't get the basic details right, especially with regards to Perry's aggressive behavior with his car and his unlawful manner of running a red light TOWARDS THE PROTESTERS, tells me you don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

The jury agrees with me.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah, guy was guilty as fuck, but again, don't approach the car with your fucking firearm. Matter of fact, font carry your firearms around a charged protest event. Both those small-dicked chucklefucks leave their guns at home, it doesn't happen. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

A jury weighed all the facts in the case and heard all the witness testimony that consistently described Perry as the aggressor and Foster as an innocent victim who never raised his weapon and leaned in to the driver's side window to tell Perry to cool it with his car.

The fact that you can't get the basic details right, especially with regards to Perry's aggressive behavior with his car and his unlawful manner of running a red light TOWARDS THE PROTESTERS, tells me you don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

The jury agrees with me.  

Nobody thinks the jury got this one wrong.

He is dead because he was a fucking idiot playing cowboys and indians.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

It goes to the Third Court of Appeals, which is not a conservative court. Then, to the Court of Criminal Appeals. Which is a statewide GOP court. Which may well rule that shooting a BLM protester is not a crime, because SOROS and antifa etc.

Do all murder convictions get automatic appeals all the way to the top or only capital cases?

4 minutes ago, Deej said:

Yeah, guy was guilty as fuck, but again, don't approach the car with your fucking firearm. Matter of fact, font carry your firearms around a charged protest event. Both those small-dicked chucklefucks leave their guns at home, it doesn't happen. 

Again, leave the fucking guns at home, absolutely. In fact, I'm in favor of banning them all but Texas gonna Texas.

As a legal matter, the victim was following the law and did not do anything wrong. He was targeted by Perry because of the fact he was open-carrying and Perry acted on his stated fantasy of shooting a BLM protester and claiming self defense.

That should be the focus here and not the unwise-but-lawful actions of the guy who was murdered.

3 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Nobody thinks the jury got this one wrong.

the entire right wing 2A nuts certainly think the jury got it wrong, and the overwhelming majority of posters here were convinced this was a slam dunk self-defense case. now it's just shifted to more FAFO victim-blaming vibe. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Gourmand said:

Again, leave the fucking guns at home, absolutely. In fact, I'm in favor of banning them all but Texas gonna Texas.

As a legal matter, the victim was following the law and did not do anything wrong. He was targeted by Perry because of the fact he was open-carrying and Perry acted on his stated fantasy of shooting a BLM protester and claiming self defense.

That should be the focus here and not the unwise-but-lawful actions of the guy who was murdered.

Why not both?

If drunk driver hits a pedestrian on the highway, sure the drunk driver is still guilty from a legal matter. But the person walking on the highway is still a dumbass and we should use it as a learning tool to not walk on the highway. 

Yeah Perry is a guilty, but Foster is also a lesson about leaving guns at home. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

The jury spoke. You can agree with the decision or disagree with it. That's your prerogative as citizen of the state, Abbott. But trying to swing your dick because it can be swung is just laughable and embarrassing. Respect what the jury found. 

I fucking hate politicians. 

• Hook 'Em 1

https://www.statesman.com/story/news/local/2023/04/08/texas-governor-greg-abbott-will-pardon-daniel-perry-convicted-of-murder-garrett-foster/70095504007/

"Jennifer Laurin, a University of Texas law professor, addressed the portion of Abbott’s statement on Texas’ self-defense laws. She said that a jury is instructed to reject the defense when the person asserting it provoked the response, as prosecutors say Perry did when he drove his car into a crowd of protesters.

“Painting the conviction as rogue nullification is uniformed or deceptive,” Laurin tweeted."

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Wally Pryor said:

It's Baker Mayfield.

Strong case for Abbott afterward. 

Being a piece of shit traitor athlete is a little different than being a piece of shit politician who can enact policy and pardon murderers because they’re on the right team.  I blame the tree branch for not finishing the job.

Edited by conVINCEd
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

https://www.statesman.com/story/news/local/2023/04/08/texas-governor-greg-abbott-will-pardon-daniel-perry-convicted-of-murder-garrett-foster/70095504007/

"Jennifer Laurin, a University of Texas law professor, addressed the portion of Abbott’s statement on Texas’ self-defense laws. She said that a jury is instructed to reject the defense when the person asserting it provoked the response, as prosecutors say Perry did when he drove his car into a crowd of protesters.

“Painting the conviction as rogue nullification is uniformed or deceptive,” Laurin tweeted."

I’m no law prof, and I earned a C in crim law, but even I know that what Abbott called “jury nullification” isn’t how jury nullification actually works. 

2 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

The jury spoke. You can agree with the decision or disagree with it. That's your prerogative as citizen of the state, Abbott. But trying to swing your dick because it can be swung is just laughable and embarrassing. Respect what the jury found. 

I fucking hate politicians. 

Like Greg Abbott even knows he has a dick after his accident.