Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

1 minute ago, Dummy said:

I have no doubt that Sark's end will come soon enough if we don't land Ewers or perform other significant portal magic, but I don't know how much blame I can put on the staff if Ewers goes to Tech. It's not like Ewers' only options would be Tech and Texas and he went into this decision with an open mind and thought Tech was the best fit. His decisions are Tech, Texas and probably 50 other Power 5 programs, so if he really lands on Tech, this has nothing to do with being homesick (would go to TCU for all better things), NIL (come on), coaching (Maguire and TBD OC?), playing time (I'm sure he's read about our QB situation) or whatever. He was just going to Tech. 

What other portal magic can we pull? Ewers was our lottery ticket and it’s not looking great apparently. Unless Milroe hops in the portal, we’re fucked 

Just now, Wulaw Horn said:

And the only reason he would be “just going to tech” would be if he thinks our program and coaching staff is a ducking joke. 

He would still go somewhere else if he was doing this with an open mind. My point was that there are any number of better situations than Tech, not just Texas, so if he really choose Tech, he was going there all along.

• Hook 'Em 1

I have no doubt that Sark's end will come soon enough if we don't land Ewers or perform other significant portal magic, but I don't know how much blame I can put on the staff if Ewers goes to Tech. It's not like Ewers' only options would be Tech and Texas and he went into this decision with an open mind and thought Tech was the best fit. His decisions are Tech, Texas and probably 50 other Power 5 programs, so if he really lands on Tech, this has nothing to do with being homesick (would go to TCU for all better things), NIL (come on), coaching (Maguire and TBD OC?), playing time (I'm sure he's read about our QB situation) or whatever. He was just going to Tech. 

Agreed. He could starts a 50 plus programs next year. Why not go to a major program, or to a top 25 program, or program in a cool place. But he choses Tech? After choosing tOSU? It would be bizarre. 

It seems this thread went south because:

1. Someone said Quinn’s girlfriend goes to tech. (She does not.)

2. Someone’s cousin said that Quinn is going to Tech????

3. A couple of decently credible reports just said that there’s been a lot of Texas Tech chatter this evening. But both of them noted that nothing is done yet. It’s just been a little tough and that Tech is going to put up a fight to lure Ewers.

You guys gotta chill. Nothing is finished yet. I’m obviously going to be devastated if Tech snatches him up, but it’s not even close to done yet.

• Hook 'Em 4

If Ewers picks Tech it will have nothing to do with Sarkisian and everything to do with the BMD's. He can go hitch his wagon to a HS football coach with zero college football head coaching experience and a potential OC with 3 years at a G5 level. Yes that is a complete recipe for development and success.

Got to love rumors season, this is fucking hilarious.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

And the only reason he would be “just going to tech” would be if he thinks our program and coaching staff is a ducking joke. 

He could probably transfer practically anywhere if he wanted. He would likely still be the #1 recruit if he hadn’t declared early. Are you stating he thinks Tech has the best coaching staff, although not fully assembled, in the land?

2 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

He could probably transfer practically anywhere if he wanted. He would likely still be the #1 recruit if he hadn’t declared early. Are you stating he thinks Tech has the best coaching staff, although not fully assembled, in the land?

If he goes to Tech, I will laugh. The kid got played by a FCS coach looking for a P5 job. I can totally understand not picking Texas, but putting your career in jeopardy and going to Tech is just funny 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

No. He apparently wants to come home. There are like 3 choices- 1 of whom doesn’t want him (aggy) bc they have a full room, 1 of which is the retarded half brother that lives in a hovel and is a no account moron and us. It seems possible that if he chooses option 2 it’s bc Sark was so terrible this year it made option 2 look more palatable than us. 

2 minutes ago, Cashcar said:

4-8 with a loss to Kansas. This program is unfortunately a hot fucking mess. I’m not sure what changes the trajectory, but losing a generational talent to fucking Tech certainly doesn’t help. 

I’m not disagreeing with your assessment of Sark. However, the guy could go practically ANYWHERE! If he chose Tech it was done before he left Ohio State, it wasn’t a “battle” and not a loss on Sark. Texas would have never been given a chance just like any other school.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cashcar said:

4-8 with a loss to Kansas. This program is unfortunately a hot fucking mess. I’m not sure what changes the trajectory, but losing a generational talent to fucking Tech certainly doesn’t help. 

Don't be shorting us out of a win. They were way too hard to come by. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

No. He apparently wants to come home. There are like 3 choices- 1 of whom doesn’t want him (aggy) bc they have a full room, 1 of which is the retarded half brother that lives in a hovel and is a no account moron and us. It seems possible that if he chooses option 2 it’s bc Sark was so terrible this year it made option 2 look more palatable than us. 

Why wouldn't he just go to TCU if he was so homesick? Better coaching, NIL opportunities, very close to home, etc.

• Hook 'Em 2

Why wouldn't he just go to TCU if he was so homesick? Better coaching, NIL opportunities, very close to home, etc.

Probably bc he doesn’t want to go to a private school with 13 alumni and no interest even inside the city where they play in this age of NIL. 
but again, the whole thing just doesn’t seem credible. But here we are. 

I really think I’ll have to take a break for awhile if he chooses Tech. After the PTSD of late year Mack combined with Charlie and Herman (sans 2018), we know what failure looks like. As soon as we quit against Arkansas, I had a feeling that Sark wasn’t the guy. 6 game losing streak in embarrassing fashion didn’t make me feel any better. I think Ewers as a Red Raider would be the final straw.

• Hook 'Em 2

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust