Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

50 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

We expect Texas to be aggressive and work to match whatever Tech comes up with, however, we don’t know the exact numbers being thrown around.

This is the world we now live in, sports. /Jerry Jones

I mean, I guess there have been bidding wars for players before. So at least it’s now up front and legal with NILs. But the numbers are gonna get stupid. And get even stupider going forward. 

17 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

The guy who brings Texas back to relevance will be remembered for a long fucking time but maybe Ewers is a pussy. 

Vince basically doesn't have to work a day in his life. And not because he made a bunch of money in the NFL. 

Let’s say you are a nationally recognized, for profit business and you signed a 17 year old to a multimillion dollar NIL deal on the notion that he could start for Ohio State University. 

Then imagine a year later that kid telling you, “I’m thinking about moving to Lubbock, Tx to play for an also ran bottom dweller in the middle of west Texas”.
This..

Going to a mid tier team in near dead conference with an uncertain future would be a bad move for perception, not to mention potential NIL money. However as others have pointed out, the NFL will find good QB's no matter where they go to play...so cant totally dismiss the Tceh rumors.

1 minute ago, ousux said:

This..

Going to a mid tier team in near dead conference with an uncertain future would be a bad move for perception, not to mention potential NIL money. However as others have pointed out, the NFL will find good QB's no matter where they go to play...so cant totally dismiss the Tceh rumors.

There's zero pressure there. He can sling it around for ten thousand yards. And Lubbock backwater talk is easy to counter with Mahomes. Still crazy, but he may be crazy.

If Ewers comes to Texas, he will have a Heisman-caliber RB (Bijan) to hand off to, All-American candidate WR (Worthy) to throw to and likely another 5 star (Stewart) who will flip to us, and likely several stud O-linemen will commit to protect him while he's in Austin.  With a coach that, for all his other failings, has shown a proven track record of putting QB's in the NFL.  Does he get any of that at Tech?  Whatever NIL deal Tech can offer him we could certainly get close to, and will do a hell of a lot more for his future earning prospects in the NFL than Tech would.  Finally, where would you like to live 2-3 years as a teenage millionaire, Lubbock or Austin?    

From your lips to God’s ears
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Um, Sark can promise him the starting role and then not start him.  He can promise him the starting role and pull him if he sucks.  If Sark or any of our coaches don’t know how to close a recruit by telling them what they want to hear then that is a BIG problem.  Saban will tell a kid he will make him the next head coach of Alabama if he commits and the kids seem to believe him.

Based on tape by a recruit Saban only promises that they will practice versus the best every day and that will make them better and that is how they will get to the NFL even if they only play one year.

36 minutes ago, GTX Horn said:

As much as people talk about the Tech boosters and Mahomes, Ewers is probably using them as leverage to get more from other suitors (most notably us). I’d imagine him and his crew is probably pushing the narrative to other sources like 247 to increase leverage

Go to Lubbock today, get a number, provide to Texas tomorrow.  If our BMDs get outbid by Tech, they don’t care about winning 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, DanTheHorn said:

Based on tape by a recruit Saban only promises that they will practice versus the best every day and that will make them better and that is how they will get to the NFL even if they only play one year.

Saban is the only coach who can say something like that. The rest have to peddle their best snake oil.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

To the tune of 1 million a year, BS. You said it yourself you were struggling to get Stewart a one time 200k, no?

I’ve never participated in anything Stewart related. And yea, I’d be surprised to hear that Mahomes threw in a million bucks. But it’s certainly possible for him to do so if he wants to, and we will see former athletes get involved on the $$$ side more and more.

16 minutes ago, stork642 said:

That’s very deceiving because everyone knows that today is the day they are giving out free penicillin at the country airport.  Shrewd move Tech.  

I don't get you dude. You came on here last night like Surly dad telling everyone to do better, and here you are being a silly bastard like everyone else. Did you have a few Bloody Mary's this morn?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mwaadeeb said:

I don't get you dude. You came on here last night like Surly dad telling everyone to do better, and here you are being a silly bastard like everyone else. Did you have a few Bloody Mary's this morn?

Well dude.  I meant for everyone to stop acting hysterical over some troll tweet.  Pay attention my dude.  

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust