Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

Just now, UncleBuck said:

Shit, he can pick up a bag whenever anyone decides to leave him one.

There is absolutely no way in hell he is going to do anything shady he has too many eyes on him. He doesn't have to do anything to jeopardize eligibility for the same end result, why risk it?

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, immamac said:

Seems like Pete Thamel knows lots of shit. He just isn't a clout chasing whore. He is probably in the know via the agent or agency. 

The Ewers media situation seems very coordinated. Having a mainstream national guy like Thamel break the original portal news on a Friday night (PR 101 for burying a story) seemed like a pro PR move. Now Thamel with more new insights that hadn't been mentioned anywhere. Bet he has a direct feed to the Ewers.

Also seems interesting that TCU is popping up now that A&M (allegedly) isn't playing ball. 

• Hook 'Em 1

There is absolutely no way in hell he is going to do anything shady he has too many eyes on him. He doesn't have to do anything to jeopardize eligibility for the same end result, why risk it?

Not saying you’re wrong on “why risk it?” I guess I view him as a high-profile recruit right now. High-profile recruits are offered bags. Hell, bagmen drop “bags” on guys they already have on campus.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, TexasFan21 said:

Good to see Sark make the first move. That definitely won’t help settle the angst around here, but it shows Sark isn’t going to standby and go down without swinging.

He needs to close the deal. Taking a lead isn’t his problem…

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 2

5 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

TCU worries me more than tech. Especially with Carrington and samples. I wonder why the Texas visit was kept quiet.

This makes me feel much better. This obviously isn't about "relationships" at Tech or he wouldn't be visiting all these schools. 

The dude is driving up his price and trying to find the best NIL opportunities. 

• Like 1

Let’s say these Tech idiots lose their minds and offer Ewers 5 million and they try to get UT to match it.  I really don’t have a problem with UT telling him to have fun in Lubbock.  

Why? Program’s at quite the crossroads. What good is all the money we love to beat our collective chests over if you don’t use it?

giphy.gif

Well how come no one mentioned this?

It’s almost as if this thread has been sustained on made up rumors from Orangebloods and Tech boards?
  • Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Because it does no purpose to put that out there. Let all the other teams blow their wad while we work in the shadows?

Not that it is out there that we visited him Friday, I just don't see what that changes. 

I think immamac is spot on, Thamel is the one with legit info. Everyone else is in the dark

4 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Well then we ought to be way out in front on NIL.  These other teams are him doing due diligence.  Why wouldn’t he?  He’s playing with house money.  If we lose him, that says more about Texas than Sarkisian.

Agreed now that this seems to be about money/NIL. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Hook 'Em 1

Not anymore they don't. 

Okay. Maybe they won’t anymore (especially the schools with the best NILs). But he’s basically a recruit right now. I wouldn’t put it past some swinging dick Tech alum to try and sweeten that pot pre-NIL, because they know they won’t be able to compete with what UT’s doing above the table.

1 minute ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Gotta think Sark is not happy with that being leaked. Now he's gotta re-recruit Malik Murphy, looks like there's a big push from all of our commits doing that right now. This is either gonna be really good or catastrophic lmao.

? Murphy knows we're taking more QBs. Didn't sound like he gave a shit. 

3 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Gotta think Sark is not happy with that being leaked. Now he's gotta re-recruit Malik Murphy, looks like there's a big push from all of our commits doing that right now. This is either gonna be really good or catastrophic lmao.

Ewers shouldn't impact Murphy at all. He's a project that needs 2 or 3 years to develop. Ewers will be in the NFL before Murphy is ready to play. 

Maybe Murphy doesn't want to hear that but it's the truth. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Bevo14 said:

? Murphy knows we're taking more QBs. Didn't sound like he gave a shit. 

Ok cmon now bro Murphy is not dumb. He knows Quinn is coming to start and Sark will have an unbelievable amount of pressure to play him regardless. Devin Brown was friendly competition but Quinn Ewers is a different beast. 

Texas’s recruitment of Arch Manning and Devin Brown have been well publicized. If Arch doesn’t scare him off I don’t see why Ewers would. Murphy is going to redshirt being an absolute depth chart catastrophe and Ewers coming in, eligible for the NFL after 2023 and seemingly very likely to leave if he receives a first round grade, potentially moves up the timeline for earning the starting job. Of the three QB’s Texas has been linked to recently, Ewers would be the least threatening to Murphy.
  • Hook 'Em 5

5 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

2 years of Ewers has zero impact on Murphy’s timeline. 

Just now, texasstrong12 said:

Ewers shouldn't impact Murphy at all. He's a project that needs 2 or 3 years to develop. Ewers will be in the NFL before Murphy is ready to play. 

Maybe Murphy doesn't want to hear that but it's the truth. 

Murphy wants a shot to compete for the starting job right away. He doesn't view himself as the developmental type, we shall see. 

Ok cmon now bro Murphy is not dumb. He knows Quinn is coming to start and Sark will have an unbelievable amount of pressure to play him regardless. Devin Brown was friendly competition but Quinn Ewers is a different beast. 

Quinn’s also a class ahead of him now. Could be a helpful factor.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Red Five said:

Pretty sure Sark would gladly make that trade anyway. 

I 100% agree but you better get your guy. QB's are fragile

Just now, longhornmatt said:

WTF?   If we get Ewers, we aren’t waiting until after NSD1 to announce it, nor are we going to be doing ourselves any favors by suckering Murphy into signing and then dropping this on him.

The need for people to make up cloak and dagger drama in recruiting is so bizarre.

Nobody is cloaking up. Nor was I insinuating waiting after NSD1, its clear to me that Sark and co wanted to keep things close to the vest until it was done. thats why they haven't liked anything related to ewers

5 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Murphy isn't starting here next season or probably even 2. If he is Sark will be an offensive coordinator somewhere else. 

Devin Brown was friendly competition and Texas would still take a transfer that's ready to play next season if they landed Brown. 

Edited by texasstrong12

2 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

I love how every few minutes for the last twelve years, adding up to tens of thousands of posts, some Internet tough guy comes onto a thread of shaggy/surly and calls everyone a pussy for contemplating a bad potential future outcome of some event - only to see future outcomes actually turn out worse than was ever contemplated. Twelve years and counting. 

Well put sir. It is about time someone called out these sunshine pumpers but that may be to nice term for these folks.

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust