2020 Republican National Convention

Mrs Whiggins

1 minute ago, bolverk said:

I don't hate fireworks per se. I hate my property (Washington Monument & the National Mall) being used as a backdrop for a glimmering gimmick to support a political candidate whose narcissism knows no bounds.

You hate fireworks bro. 

7 minutes ago, bolverk said:

I don't hate fireworks per se. I hate my property (Washington Monument & the National Mall) being used as a backdrop for a glimmering gimmick to support a political candidate whose narcissism knows no bounds.

The fireworks were really loud. I hope no one who has a dog was out walking them during that because that had to have been a traumatic amount of noise.

Exactly. This speech is just BORING. Trump’s act is old and tired. It’s passé. He has no energy, and he’s getting pity applause at most. It’s pathetic.

The speech wasn’t for you. It was for the 45% of Americans who draw joy from bullying and making others suffer. It will work. They will win. Y’all seem to think that all the things that we mock and hate are liabilities.

They are fucking ASSETS. Lying, bullying, cruelty....they fucking LOVE IT. They’re all going to turn out. Combine that with suppression...shit, at this point, I think he has better than an 80% chance of being re-elected.
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Mapache said:

The rubes love loud bangs and purty colors 

I walked past those folks when I was leaving. That pretty much shows the two different worlds we occupy in the same country. It is sickening that the attendees of that glorified klan rally are cool with that many dead Americans.

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

No drama, just reality. Nobody is coming to save us. We are going to destroy ourselves, because that’s who we are. It’s okay. It’s inevitable.

This exact same play has been staged before. This is how it ends, always.

We are not unique flowers. This is a cycle played out century after century after century. Slightly different riffs, but as you say this is how it ends, always.  We haven't event gotten creative with the colors over the millennia. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

We are not unique flowers. This is a cycle played out century after century after century. Slightly different riffs, but as you say this is how it ends, always.  We haven't event gotten creative with the colors over the millennia. 

And in the end, that’s all I’ve been saying for the past several years. That we wrap our utter predictability and repetition of history in the lie called “American exceptionalism” is just the perfect chef’s kiss.

We got Trump and Trumpism, and will keep getting it, because fundamentally, it’s what we are and it’s what we deserve. And we’re too fucking stupid to even realize it.

14 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And in the end, that’s all I’ve been saying for the past several years. That we wrap our utter predictability and repetition of history in the lie called “American exceptionalism” is just the perfect chef’s kiss.

We got Trump and Trumpism, and will keep getting it, because fundamentally, it’s what we are and it’s what we deserve. And we’re too fucking stupid to even realize it.

fb55950627793f6104d3b21ca3138ec1

56 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

If this is truly off the cuff then I am fucking impressed.

And Anderson’s expressions and tea sipping towards the end is A++.

It is off the cuff but Daniel Dale has been covering Trump for years and fact corrected the same lies over and over(veterans choice). So he can rattle them off in his sleep. 

2 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

If this is truly off the cuff then I am fucking impressed.

And Anderson’s expressions and tea sipping towards the end is A++.

this is not how you do it.

2020 and almost 4 years of being trolled by a wannabe despot and we still just don't get it. 

you put carrots in front of the troll, you don't try to level with it. 

ya'll homies have a good day and be safe

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Did this fucking lunatic just take credit for low gas prices right now?!

I mean, if you take into account the effect of his covid response on our economy as it relates the demand for gas at the moment you can absolutely credit him with the cost of gas right now. 

7 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

So, I’m going to assume that whatever Trump watched of Biden’s speech the final night, his big take away from the entire thing was that Biden’s fireworks were not big and beautiful enough and that’s how he’d show up those stupid democrats. 

Trump has the mind of a child.

all he ever thinks about is owning the libs.

16 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

So, I’m going to assume that whatever Trump watched of Biden’s speech the final night, his big take away from the entire thing was that Biden’s fireworks were not big and beautiful enough and that’s how he’d show up those stupid democrats. 

His second big takeaway was probably your tax dollars. How confident are we that the campaign didn't comingle the funds from campaign accounts and WH accounts used to pay for this spectacle?

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

The speech wasn’t for you. It was for the 17% of Americans who draw joy from bullying and making others suffer. It will work. They will win. Y’all seem to think that all the things that we mock and hate are liabilities.

They are fucking ASSETS. Lying, bullying, cruelty....they fucking LOVE IT. They’re all going to turn out. Combine that with suppression...shit, at this point, I think he has better than an 0% chance of being re-elected.

Fixed 

Only things I saw of whole convention were the Ann Dorn speech, which was heartbreaking, and the last 10 minutes or so of Trump. Sounded pretty standard.

The fireworks rocked. 

A couple good lines I saw after the fact. “they want to be the agents of light, but they can’t keep the lights on”

And of course, “For 47 years Joe Biden took blue collar workers donations. Gave them hugs, and even kisses”

• Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Only things I saw of whole convention were the Ann Dorn speech, which was heartbreaking, and the last 10 minutes or so of Trump. Sounded pretty standard.

The fireworks rocked. 

A couple good lines I saw after the fact. “they want to be the agents of light, but they can’t keep the lights on”

And of course, “For 47 years Joe Biden took blue collar workers donations. Gave them hugs, and even kisses”

Not everyone in the family agrees. 

• Hook 'Em 2