Deion Sanders "Coach Prime" Now At Colorado

Don Johnson

56 minutes ago, markstanco said:

The buyout is still extremely top-heavy next season.  

That buyout money could go to good use like upgraded meth labs and trailer parks. 

Good Sir,... Let be known that Oklahoma already has the finest meth labs and the most accomodating trailer parks to be found.   

I feel like they are going to limp in to the SEC and really struggle to adjust. They remind me a bit of Green Bay. They have had this insane 25 year run of hall of fame QB play with Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers at the QB position and it has elevated that team above and beyond what they should have been able to accomplish. Then when that goes away they are left with something called Jordan Love. Their lack of deep NIL is getting exposed, and it doesn't seem like too many top recruits are buying what Venables is selling. They are getting desperate and having to throw big wads at key guys just to land them. They are like aggy, except with far fewer resources to money whip dudes. 
Venables is the Jordan Love of OU football. If he gets his doors blown off in 2024 he is going to be sacrificed to whatever volcano will spit out the next Stoops.

On the other hand, I feel like Texas has really built for this for the last 3 years with a very solid plan that has been executed extremely well. It would not surprise me to see Texas surprise some people and contend for an SEC title in the first couple of seasons, especially with Bama seemingly on the backside of their run. 

As a Bears and Horns fan, I hope this happens.
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Trojan Man said:

There will be a lot of pissed off, dinosaur coaches and ADs screaming for portal restrictions if Colorado does well this year.  Or rather, a lot more since they're already crying to Congress to do their job for them.

Talking about crying, USC actually is a blue blood but you sound like an aggy in other threads. 

40 minutes ago, Trojan Man said:

There will be a lot of pissed off, dinosaur coaches and ADs screaming for portal restrictions if Colorado does well this year.  Or rather, a lot more since they're already crying to Congress to do their job for them.

Yeah old Blinkin' will be 1st in line...

Screenshot_20230728-164419_kindlephoto-14685487.png.374de58f7f8f8a5a3dd763edf3ae09e7.png

15 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Yeah old Blinkin' will be 1st in line...

Screenshot_20230728-164419_kindlephoto-14685487.png.374de58f7f8f8a5a3dd763edf3ae09e7.png

It's guys like Saban and Bryan Kelly and Senator Tuberville who are trying to put the genie back in the bottle when it comes to the portal and NIL, not Riley.  Old guys stuck in their ways and not wanting to adapt and complaining how difficult change is making their job that pays them more in one year than most people will earn in a lifetime.  Same as it ever was in any field undergoing seismic shifts.

There is also a self-serving aspect to it.  The coaches at Alabama and LSU do not want a landscape where they have to engage in bidding wars with USC and Texas and other schools/cities with far deeper pockets than theirs.  This isn't baseless speculation.  Saban has mentioned USC and Texas by name in his complaints about NIL.  If Sanders wins big I guarantee that crowd will use him and Colorado as an example of why Congressional regulation of NIL and the portal is necessary.  I'm pulling for him for that reason because one way or another it will bring clarity to a murky area.

• Hook 'Em 2

It's guys like Saban and Bryan Kelly and Senator Tuberville who are trying to put the genie back in the bottle when it comes to the portal and NIL, not Riley.  Old guys stuck in their ways and not wanting to adapt and complaining how difficult change is making their job that pays them more in one year than most people will earn in a lifetime.  Same as it ever was in any field undergoing seismic shifts.
There is also a self-serving aspect to it.  The coaches at Alabama and LSU do not want a landscape where they have to engage in bidding wars with USC and Texas and other schools/cities with far deeper pockets than theirs.  This isn't baseless speculation.  Saban has mentioned USC and Texas by name in his complaints about NIL.  If Sanders wins big I guarantee that crowd will use him and Colorado as an example of why Congressional regulation of NIL and the portal is necessary.  I'm pulling for him for that reason because one way or another it will bring clarity to a murky area.
I love all the speculation that CU has all this NIL money. Never have, never will. But Prime isn't about the NIL. He teaches kids how to market themselves. Shedeur just bought himself a Maybach.
He's got one foot out the door. 
Bah dum, bum.

19 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

I love all the speculation that CU has all this NIL money. Never have, never will. But Prime isn't about the NIL. He teaches kids how to market themselves. Shedeur just bought himself a Maybach. Bah dum, bum.

So uh. You know what NIL stands for right? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

I love all the speculation that CU has all this NIL money. Never have, never will. But Prime isn't about the NIL. He teaches kids how to market themselves. Shedeur just bought himself a Maybach. Bah dum, bum.

Did he buy himself a chauffeur too? Because why the fuck would you drive yourself around in a Maybach?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Yes, but it's not CU boosters putting up the money like you guys are here. I was thinking the same thing.

I can’t tell if you’re being willfully ignorant or intentionally misleading. I guess I’ll assume the former. CU has a collective, Sanders has asked for people to put into it, and Shadeur Sanders isn’t winning a bunch of NIL deals because he’s awesome and corporations are flocking to Boulder. GTFO touting that silliness. 

As to Texas, based in the largest city in the US without a major sports franchise and a ton of corporate density, few schools are doing more and will do more for their athletes on the corporate side of NIL. The Texas One Fund isn’t hurting anything, but that isn’t where all of the largesse at Texas is or will be. 

You are out of your depths if you’re trying to make a point that Colorado is leading on anything when it comes to NIL. They’re playing from way behind on both parts of the NIL world and there is a long line of schools from USC and Oregon on the west coast all the way over to Georgia and Clemson on the east coast ahead of them, and whole lot of schools in between doing the same. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I can’t tell if you’re being willfully ignorant or intentionally misleading. I guess I’ll assume the former. CU has a collective, Sanders has asked for people to put into it, and Shadeur Sanders isn’t winning a bunch of NIL deals because he’s awesome and corporations are flocking to Boulder. GTFO touting that silliness. 

As to Texas, based in the largest city in the US without a major sports franchise and a ton of corporate density, few schools are doing more and will do more for their athletes on the corporate side of NIL. The Texas One Fund isn’t hurting anything, but that isn’t where all of the largesse at Texas is or will be. 

You are out of your depths if you’re trying to make a point that Colorado is leading on anything when it comes to NIL. They’re playing from way behind on both parts of the NIL world and there is a long line of schools from USC and Oregon on the west coast all the way over to Georgia and Clemson on the east coast ahead of them, and whole lot of schools in between doing the same. 

I read his posts saying CU is waaaaay behind the likes of Texas in NIL? 

10 minutes ago, troph said:

I read his posts saying CU is waaaaay behind the likes of Texas in NIL? 

He implied that they’ll never have much of a collective but Deion is really showing them the ropes on getting theirs on the corporate side, as though that was some sort of differentiator.

1) Deion is begging for a collective side on NIL and several big donors have showed up. They’re not some group of poors on that end and Deion isn’t magically overcoming that by his savvy corporate promotion. 

2) CU isn’t doing anything unique with corporate player NIL work, and they’re certainly not leading the way in teaching player brand building. 

If you follow the thread, you should understand that Chewbacca might well be writing a hagiography of Deion Sanders and his fabled rise at Colorado in real time while this thread grows. 

21 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

He implied that they’ll never have much of a collective but Deion is really showing them the ropes on getting theirs on the corporate side, as though that was some sort of differentiator.

1) Deion is begging for a collective side on NIL and several big donors have showed up. They’re not some group of poors on that end and Deion isn’t magically overcoming that by his savvy corporate promotion. 

2) CU isn’t doing anything unique with corporate player NIL work, and they’re certainly not leading the way in teaching player brand building. 

If you follow the thread, you should understand that Chewbacca might well be writing a hagiography of Deion Sanders and his fabled rise at Colorado in real time while this thread grows. 

Sanders is a "look at me guy", of course he's trying to show them how to be like that. is it going to work? fuck if I know (or care).  Not sure if anyone thinks CU is doing anything amazing on corporate NIL. but I don't really give a shit, not my circus not my clowns. Is Sanders a major play in CFB, based on media coverage yes. hell even I watched a couple of episodes of his JSU documentary. so he's done something right.

2 hours ago, troph said:

Sanders is a "look at me guy", of course he's trying to show them how to be like that. is it going to work? fuck if I know (or care).  Not sure if anyone thinks CU is doing anything amazing on corporate NIL. but I don't really give a shit, not my circus not my clowns. Is Sanders a major play in CFB, based on media coverage yes. hell even I watched a couple of episodes of his JSU documentary. so he's done something right.

I think we are talking across one another. I don’t disagree with anything you wrote. My posts were in an effort to debunk the silliness that Deion is really doing amazing shit for his players on their NIL prep compared to the rest of the CFB universe. 

20 minutes ago, Viper said:

Every time I see someone trying to defend Hersh by pretending a US official might plausibly say “poor waif in his underwear” then I find the whole thing hilarious all over again.

Note that even the very few people defending Hersh still have to admit that his “anonymous US official” used a russian idiom translated clunkily into weird English.

Most people who usually spread Hersh’s stories and soft-peddle Kremlin narratives are smart enough to keep quiet about this to avoid humiliating themselves too with their own explanations.

While this may indeed be a “simple translation error”, this is about much more than Hersh.

Even though Hersh has already long descended into pro-Kremlin and Assadist conspiracy theories, his past credibility is still being laundered for his increasingly absurd blog posts that are heavily amplified by Kremlin propaganda and some supposedly credible commentators.

His Nordstream article, for example, played a significant role in establishing the Kremlin’s narrative blaming others for the attack - even though Hersh’s story doesn’t fit any recent developments or the Kremlin’s current versions of the story, which means it was a detailed fabrication by all current accounts. False perceptions linger even after the source is forgotten.

In our part of the world, it was beyond clear that Hersh was being fed Kremlin lines when he wrote recently that the Baltic countries and Poland were secretly urging Zelenskyy to surrender (along with other ‘pro-Ukraine countries like Hungary and Czechoslovakia’ 😂).

The Kremlin is trying to rinse out any last credibility Hersh may still have, while people who indulged his narratives in the past are trying to hide away so it doesn’t affect their credibility.

That’s why it’s so important to keep asking Hersh and everyone who has previously promoted his stories to explain why an “anonymous US official” would say “poor waif in his underwear” as some kind of expression that English speakers would understand in this context.

It’s not even the only absurd, Kremlin-tell in that article, but it is absolutely the most hilarious.

They either have to acknowledge that Hersh isn’t being briefed by a US official or they have to humiliate themselves by pretending there’s a plausible explanation.

Don’t let them off the hook (as English speakers do say).

Deion is pulling back from that stuff. Really more an aggy thing. Or maybe you’ve wandered into the wrong forum.

Edited by Magus Ossis
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Every time I see someone trying to defend Hersh by pretending a US official might plausibly say “poor waif in his underwear” then I find the whole thing hilarious all over again.

Note that even the very few people defending Hersh still have to admit that his “anonymous US official” used a russian idiom translated clunkily into weird English.

Most people who usually spread Hersh’s stories and soft-peddle Kremlin narratives are smart enough to keep quiet about this to avoid humiliating themselves too with their own explanations.

While this may indeed be a “simple translation error”, this is about much more than Hersh.

Even though Hersh has already long descended into pro-Kremlin and Assadist conspiracy theories, his past credibility is still being laundered for his increasingly absurd blog posts that are heavily amplified by Kremlin propaganda and some supposedly credible commentators.

His Nordstream article, for example, played a significant role in establishing the Kremlin’s narrative blaming others for the attack - even though Hersh’s story doesn’t fit any recent developments or the Kremlin’s current versions of the story, which means it was a detailed fabrication by all current accounts. False perceptions linger even after the source is forgotten.

In our part of the world, it was beyond clear that Hersh was being fed Kremlin lines when he wrote recently that the Baltic countries and Poland were secretly urging Zelenskyy to surrender (along with other ‘pro-Ukraine countries like Hungary and Czechoslovakia’ 😂).

The Kremlin is trying to rinse out any last credibility Hersh may still have, while people who indulged his narratives in the past are trying to hide away so it doesn’t affect their credibility.

That’s why it’s so important to keep asking Hersh and everyone who has previously promoted his stories to explain why an “anonymous US official” would say “poor waif in his underwear” as some kind of expression that English speakers would understand in this context.

It’s not even the only absurd, Kremlin-tell in that article, but it is absolutely the most hilarious.

They either have to acknowledge that Hersh isn’t being briefed by a US official or they have to humiliate themselves by pretending there’s a plausible explanation.

Don’t let them off the hook (as English speakers do say).

Ryan Reynolds Wtf GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/29/2023 at 8:09 AM, closetojumping said:

You are out of your depths if you’re trying to make a point that Colorado is leading on anything when it comes to NIL. 

I'm saying the exact opposite.  But there are those people who think CU is getting kids like Travis Hunter and Cormani McClain because we have the biggest NIL bag.  That's laughable.

8 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

If Coach Prime improves the Buffs' record dramatically - say, 6 or 7 wins or more - his recruiting pitch will hit the nail and drive it hard. It could happen.

early FPI has them as the #37 schedule in the country. their home games are Nebraska, where they are 9.5 point dogs, CSU (which they should win), USC, Stanford (2nd worst team on their schedule right now), Oregon St and Arizona.

they are going to be favored in what? like 2 games? CSU and maybe Stanford? they currently are 20 point underdogs to a TCU team that graduated everyone under the sun. they are 9.5 point underdogs to Nebraska in a home game.

they will not win 6 or 7 games. FPI has them as a 1.7% chance to win 6 games. literally the lowest in the country by a huge margin. they project them at 2.6 and 9.4.

image.thumb.png.64130bb103aaebedd48e266b0112b910.png

his recruiting pitch is going to be in trouble when they are 1-6 after getting the doors blown off of them by Oregon and USC.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Your bet is they start 1-6, right? What are your odds and whatta you bet?

i may have said 1-6 but i was meaning they would be 1-5 going into the Stanford game.

no clue on the bet or the odds, but i'm down to make one lol

you are the one who brought up them winning 6 or 7 or more.

edit: the O/U was 3.5. i'm happy to take the U on that one easily.

Edited by NoName

22 minutes ago, NoName said:

i may have said 1-6 but i was meaning they would be 1-5 going into the Stanford game.

no clue on the bet or the odds, but i'm down to make one lol

you are the one who brought up them winning 6 or 7 or more.

edit: the O/U was 3.5. i'm happy to take the U on that one easily.

Your reading comprehension is sadly lacking. I wrote "if", which apparently has escaped you. You quoted 1-6 and used FPI as a source. 

Now you crawfish on your own statement. If all you want to do is bet the over/under, I am reliably informed that quite a few outfits in Las Vegas and other places will happily take your bet. 

Enjoy.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

12 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Your reading comprehension is sadly lacking. I wrote "if", which apparently has escaped you. You quoted 1-6 and used FPI as a source. 

Now you crawfish on your own statement. If all you want to do is bet the over/under, I am reliably informed that quite a few outfits in Las Vegas and other places will happily take your bet. 

Enjoy.

let's hear what you are willing to propose for them going better than 1-5 to start the season. i'll happily stand behind that projected record.

If Coach Prime improves the Buffs' record dramatically - say, 6 or 7 wins or more - his recruiting pitch will hit the nail and drive it hard. It could happen.

it won't happen. even considering it is in line with saying that the Oakland A's will win the World Series this year. it's a waste of thought.

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, NoName said:

let's hear what you are willing to propose for them going better than 1-5 to start the season. i'll happily stand behind that projected record.

it won't happen. even considering it is in line with saying that the Oakland A's will win the World Series this year. it's a waste of thought.

Yet here you are. Apparently, you don't want to bet with anyone, you just want to attempt - and fail - to make a point which involves broadcasting your opinion for no particular reason.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Yet here you are. Apparently, you don't want to bet with anyone, you just want to attempt - and fail - to make a point which involves broadcasting your opinion for no particular reason.

hey, i'm not the one taking time to think about and post about things that have a 100% chance of not happening lol

how's this - if Colorado goes 3-3 in their first 6 i will pay for a year of burnt ends for your account, at the flats level. i am assuming it is possible for me to purchase an annual burnt ends sub for someone @immamac, right?

if Colorado goes 1-5 in their first 6 games, you pay for a year of burnt ends pledge for your account, at the flats level.

it's a win-win for the program that way. if they win 2 games it's a push and i'll buy you a beer and come back here to write about how you were much smarter than me when it comes to football.

and if they win 6 games, i will buy $500 of beer for the first surly tailgate next year. if they don't win 6 games, you buy $500 of beer.

1 minute ago, NoName said:

hey, i'm not the one taking time to think about and post about things that have a 100% chance of not happening lol

100% eh? 

Tell you what. Change your opinion to only 99.9%, which means 999-to-1 odds, and I'll put up ten bucks, and you put up nine thousand nine hundred and ninety bucks. 

6 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

100% eh? 

Tell you what. Change your opinion to only 99.9%, which means 999-to-1 odds, and I'll put up ten bucks, and you put up nine thousand nine hundred and ninety bucks. 

so you ignore the first 6 game bet AND the full season bet? one of which benefits the football program and one of which benefits all your friends at SurlyHorns?

Apparently, you don't want to bet with anyone, you just want to attempt - and fail - to make a point which involves broadcasting your opinion for no particular reason.

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, NoName said:

so you ignore the first 6 game bet AND the full season bet? one of which benefits the football program and one of which benefits all your friends at SurlyHorns?

Apparently, you don't want to bet with anyone, you just want to attempt - and fail - to make a point which involves broadcasting your opinion for no particular reason.

More crawfishing. Are you 100% certain on the original point that you offered, after failnig to see "if"? Come on, 99.9% or no?

3 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

More crawfishing. Are you 100% certain on the original point that you offered, after failnig to see "if"? Come on, 99.9% or no?

i wanted to make a good faith O/U bet on the Colorado win total this season. you passed.

you asked me to make a bet proposal on the first 6 games, so i did in good faith. you passed.

additionally, i made a second good faith bet proposal on them winning 6 games. you passed.

you countered with a $9,990 to $10 bet. which is one of the most ridiculous bet proposals made on this site, but you know that.

hey broke boy: fuck off.

you don't pay for tree fiddy. you don't pay for burnt ends. you won't make a bet here.

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers