Deion Sanders "Coach Prime" Now At Colorado

Don Johnson

On 1/20/2024 at 7:38 PM, Pods said:

Complimentary shipping? How magnanimous of them. 

I appreciate the gesture, but this makes my decision so much more difficult.

Free shipping makes me feel valued as a customer, but spending over $3400 less is also appealing.

If only there were somewhere else I could get free shipping...

As if I'm not going to hop on my jet and pick it up in person...

• Haha 1

The message sent to the team seems incalculably bad. I never thought Prime was stupid, but I'm wondering now. I guess it's possible he gets it, but dismisses the understanding as being trivial in comparison to pushing his kids. If I were on this team, I think I'd be starting to examine the portal possibilities. Wholesale desertion seems like a response that may be on the horizon. But Prime is pretty close to Mack Brown level persuasional, so maybe it's teapot tempestuous.

A bunch of olds on a message board aren't the target market here. It's not a bad look at all to have Shilo and Shedeur in Paris walking the runway for Louis Vuitton. It's entirely on brand for what Deion is trying to build at CU. Take a look at what NFL players wear before and after games. It's a fashion show and there's a ton of LV on display. Deion talked about Louis in his first press conference at CU. Check out an image that I received from CU yesterday (I bought tickets to a game at Folsom once and now they spam me everyday). What's that in the background? An LV pattern. This stuff is aspirational for a lot of these kids and seeing his kids walking in a fashion show is aspirational. This is completely on brand for the NIL world.

Now does it turn into results on the field? My opinion is no, but stranger things have surprised me.

image.thumb.png.52b19120bbf9bab6f597cb7b7df504ef.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, royiv said:

A bunch of olds on a message board aren't the target market here. It's not a bad look at all to have Shilo and Shedeur in Paris walking the runway for Louis Vuitton. It's entirely on brand for what Deion is trying to build at CU. Take a look at what NFL players wear before and after games. It's a fashion show and there's a ton of LV on display. Deion talked about Louis in his first press conference at CU. Check out an image that I received from CU yesterday (I bought tickets to a game at Folsom once and now they spam me everyday). What's that in the background? An LV pattern. This stuff is aspirational for a lot of these kids and seeing his kids walking in a fashion show is aspirational. This is completely on brand for the NIL world.

Now does it turn into results on the field? My opinion is no, but stranger things have surprised me.

I think the issue is that the coach is spitting rhetoric about winning and he will cast aside losers, yet allows his sons to skip their first team meeting to do this. People that are serious about winning lead by example.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

People that are serious about winning lead by example.

Totally agree and that's why I said I don't think Deion will ultimately generate a culture of winning. My post was intended to say that I don't think this appreciably hurts team morale and recruiting and may likely be net positive. Is it what puts together a winning team? I don't think so, but I could be surprised. 

27 minutes ago, royiv said:

Random Rant Incoming/

Maybe it's from a place of privilege that I speak these things but I think it's pretty gross the youth, especially those who are poor, are being manipulated and conditioned to think that their aspirations should be to accumulate a bunch of money so they can buy gaudy things and garish clothing. That these kids think their identities are tied to a) their skill on the field and b) their ability to spend a crap ton of their money earned on a bunch of high fashion house clothing, is kind of sick and to lean into that feels predatory.

I mean the richest man in the world, depending on the fiscal quarter and stock price, is the old French white guy who somehow convinced the world, from the poors to the upper middle class and rich, that a brown bag with LV stamped all over it was peak fashion.

Good for him on the grift, I guess (and I fully admit to being part of the problem and acknowledge that my wife has a whole side closet dedicated to her half dozen Louis' purses, clutches, crossbodies, handbags and dustbags for the various seasons, etc.).

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, BeardIP said:

Random Rant Incoming/

Maybe it's from a place of privilege that I speak these things but I think it's pretty gross the youth, especially those who are poor, are being manipulated and conditioned to think that their aspirations should be to accumulate a bunch of money so they can buy gaudy things and garish clothing. That these kids think their identities are tied to a) their skill on the field and b) their ability to spend a crap ton of their money earned on a bunch of high fashion house clothing, is kind of sick and to lean into that feels predatory.

I mean the richest man in the world, depending on the fiscal quarter and stock price, is the old French white guy who somehow convinced the world, from the poors to the upper middle class and rich, that a brown bag with LV stamped all over it was peak fashion.

Good for him on the grift, I guess (and I fully admit to being part of the problem and acknowledge that my wife has a whole side closet dedicated to her half dozen Louis' purses, clutches, crossbodies, handbags and dustbags for the various seasons, etc.).

But.... When you were young and starting out did you not aspire to earn as much as possible so you could provide for your own wants too? I mean, that's why they play the game to begin with isn't it? If they want LV and gaudy bullshit then let them buy it. They're paid to entertain us so let them spend their money however they want. Just sayin...

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, royiv said:

Totally agree and that's why I said I don't think Deion will ultimately generate a culture of winning. My post was intended to say that I don't think this appreciably hurts team morale and recruiting and may likely be net positive. Is it what puts together a winning team? I don't think so, but I could be surprised. 

Deion was never a team guy, his moving around to the highest bidder and having physical abilities that made him the best was his brand then, and it's his brand now. The look at me brand. It's fine when you're a magically gifted athlete. It can cause some issues in the locker room, but maybe not.

I don't think it is a successful formula for a head coach. Even IF he was getting the best talent in the land, which he isn't, that doesn't win championships without a head coach who, while perhaps a douche bag, is about team. Saban did that, like or hate him, he did it it better than anyone.

Maybe the game has changed enough that Deion's brand can win championships, but I'll believe it when I see it. First he needs to get the top talent in, $300 dinner won't get it done and CU won't generate the NIL. 

For the record, I'm 90% certain the day he doesn't have a child playing, he out of there as fast as he can find a new grift. That's on point for look at me, non-team brand. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

I think the issue is that the coach is spitting rhetoric about winning and he will cast aside losers, yet allows his sons to skip their first team meeting to do this. People that are serious about winning lead by example.

The other players in that locker room see that as cool, not hypocritical.  If they were serious about winning, they wouldn't be playing for Neon Deion.

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, Mittens said:

The other players in that locker room see that as cool, not hypocritical.  If they were serious about winning, they wouldn't be playing for Neon Deion.

Yeah I guess my take is while I like to laugh at marks of the snake oil sales man, they are still marks. In this case, I do feel some sadness for them. It's their choice, but do they know what they're actually buying. I don't know the answer.

28 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Yeah I guess my take is while I like to laugh at marks of the snake oil sales man, they are still marks. In this case, I do feel some sadness for them. It's their choice, but do they know what they're actually buying. I don't know the answer.

I'm not feeling sad for dudes getting paid to play football and slay Colorado co-eds. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

Bull Goldberg talks for 8 minutes about how he is good friends with Prime and after Saban retired he called to get his kid a walk-on spot, and how it was all because of how hard his kid works not because he's his dad. Kid talks for about 30 seconds.  Interview done in their garage/ gym/ custom car collection area. 

I'm sure he's a great kid but good lord dad, turn the page and let the kid have his moment 

Edited by Dennis Taylor
  • Like 1

Here's a link that isn't just a VRBO ad.

I like the part where Goldberg puts Deion in the category of Vince Dooley and Nick Saban with regard to "what he stands for". That playing for Sanders is a decision to shape the rest of your life in the same way.

That's amazing.

Little Goldberg, "Yeah so my dad called up the Colorado coaches..."

*minutes later*

Goldberg, "He hasn't leaned on me to do anything out of the ordinary in the recruiting process."

Just tell the truth. "We're delusional celebrity types attracted to other delusional celebrity types!"

• Like 1

Deion entering the College game as Saban exits is the perfect metaphor for the current state of College Football.  The ethos of those two coaches could not be more different.....ethos being defined as the character, sentiment or moral nature of something. 

Just a perfect description of the new college football climate vs the old.  Transfers, tampering, mass roster turnover, NIL, 7/8 year guys playing in to their mid 20's... when was the last time any player was academically ineligible? 

Saban was the old way and now Deion epitomizes the new way.

11 minutes ago, royiv said:

Saban was no bastion of morality. The old way was under the cloak of darkness. The new way is out in the sunlight. Saban recognized he had lost one of his biggest advantages and folded it up and retired while he was still on top.

Absolutely. Let's not canonize Saban, he was no Saint, though he was a team first coach. Make no mistake about that reality. The world has changed but the grift is now out in the open instead of via car dealerships in Alabama. 

That's the hitch, CU doesn't have car dealerships nor an Alumni base ready to toss in the big dollars, really big dollars, that the blue bloods have.

Same game different execution.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

Deion entering the College game as Saban exits is the perfect metaphor for the current state of College Football.  The ethos of those two coaches could not be more different.....ethos being defined as the character, sentiment or moral nature of something. 

Just a perfect description of the new college football climate vs the old.  Transfers, tampering, mass roster turnover, NIL, 7/8 year guys playing in to their mid 20's... when was the last time any player was academically ineligible? 

Saban was the old way and now Deion epitomizes the new way.

Curb Your Enthusiasm Judging You GIF

Deion isn't the new way. Deion is a sideshow that is destined to failure due to lack of culture cultivation and a rejection of high school recruiting born out of laziness. 

Sark and Kirby Smart are the new way. Be at big money programs and rally the dollars while smartly assembling the right talent through hard work and evaluation. Then use the portal to fill in the gaps so you almost never have a down year and never have a very young inexperienced team. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

On 1/24/2024 at 3:03 PM, royiv said:

Or

Choo Choo Vintage GIF by US National Archives

Smokestack Lightnin'

Imagine watching a 50-something 300+pound man climbing a theatre curtain hand-over-hand... and howling that whistle sound, like a wolf. 

Prime is not that man. Never was, never will be.

On 1/24/2024 at 12:50 PM, BeardIP said:

Random Rant Incoming/

these fools have been doing this long before Deion coached and pretty much before he was even a pro......his whole college career was predicated on flash and getting to the NFL to do more of it

cRappers, ballas, playas.....they have been going fucking broke for 4 decades now they just do it "bigger" and go more broke and in bigger debt

I am not saying that pro sports is run by saints (other than Jerry 🤣 ), but they have tried time and again to get programs in place to teach these dumb fucks how to manage money and they even have the "retirement" now.....but their shitty friends and relatives fuck them over as much or more than anyone with their dumb ass clothing brands, wing restaurants, bars and clubs, and other shitty investments and then there is the fact that many of them cannot keep their dick out of anything that moves and insist on raw dogging all of them and have no concept of fertility.....and their pullout game is oppositely as shitty as their on the field/court/studio game....and of course the popping bottles and making it rain

hell some fashion brands have come under fire for trying to distance from some associations with flaunted wealth and buffoonish consumption of their products

Bull Goldberg talks for 8 minutes about how he is good friends with Prime and after Saban retired he called to get his kid a walk-on spot, and how it was all because of how hard his kid works not because he's his dad. Kid talks for about 30 seconds.  Interview done in their garage/ gym/ custom car collection area. 
I'm sure he's a great kid but good lord dad, turn the page and let the kid have his moment 

7b26619733056559dcc0b0ee909f26e7.gif

This is all sorts of fucked up, IMO.

https://www.cbsnews.com/colorado/news/deion-sanders-gifted-new-home-boulder-colorado-sons-shilo-shedeur-deion-coach-prime/

His base from CU is $6mm per, plus endorsement deals from Aflac, KFC, etc., his NFL pension, etc.  Let's just say he's easily in the 8 figures per year.  

This has to be a publicity stunt, or prime is the most self absorbed man in the world.  Or both, more likely.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

This is all sorts of fucked up, IMO.
https://www.cbsnews.com/colorado/news/deion-sanders-gifted-new-home-boulder-colorado-sons-shilo-shedeur-deion-coach-prime/
His base from CU is $6mm per, plus endorsement deals from Aflac, KFC, etc., his NFL pension, etc.  Let's just say he's easily in the 8 figures per year.  
This has to be a publicity stunt, or prime is the most self absorbed man in the world.  Or both, more likely.

Probably some tax nonsense.

4 hours ago, Burt said:

"It’s not gonna be good. And when you have a pro kind of quarterback, you can’t give him youngsters to work with. It’s gonna be chaotic.”

Well, Deion was at least right in 2 aspects in his "class"

It won't be good and will be chaotic. We all love a dumpster fire Deion and it's why I'm still watching.