2020 PRESIDENTIAL DEBATES: Joe Biden vs Donald Trump

Mrs Whiggins

Just now, washparkhorn said:

No national Covid plan is enough for any rational human being to vote the son-of-a-bitch out of office.

image.png.701561cb059a45dc282ce854a84543dc.png

This is so obviously the election this year.  He buttfucked COVID so horribly, it's effectively "ANYBODY BUT TRUMP".  Even Jimmy Carter had an even share of the electorate going into the last debate with Reagan.  Trump blew his incumbent advantage capital in April, and has continued to hemorrhage since.

23 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

He’s not only going to be wrong but so wrong that he will have to get on Fox News claiming the election was obviously rigged due to 10 million illegals all voting for Biden.

Cool.  Since Hillary supposedly had 3MM illegals vote for her it looks like the GOTV campaign is working.

4 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

No national Covid plan is enough for any rational human being to vote the son-of-a-bitch out of office.

image.png.701561cb059a45dc282ce854a84543dc.png

the thing that really bothers me is the lack of protection for businesses. we had the early forgivable loans, but that was fucking it. that and the stimulus that would pay most people's rent for one month. 

he really thought this shit would just go away without any mitigation. we didn't need to weld people into apartment buildings to flatten our curve, but we did need some actual fucking leadership. we are an industrial titan. when we choose, we can write the fucking story. he chose inaction in a fallacious sort of show of strength. he thought he was projecting strength by not wearing masks, and just saying that america would magically defeat this thing. well, we fucking haven't, and things are getting worse, and people like fud are all "yeah, but i'll still vote for him."

DimpledLongChimneyswift-small.gif

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Fud said:

I disagree with more of the DNC's policies more than I disagree with Trump's, I'm concerned about the potential ending of the filibuster, adding more DNC favorable voting states like DC, and SCOTUS packing, and I hated the hostile Kavanaugh hearings, impeachment, and other DNC shenanigans. Also, I'm a reservoir engineer, and much of my company's land is federal, so we probably do under if federal fracking is banned, and I'm out of a job. 

How do you feel about taxation without representation?  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

why do you think the majority of those people would have still died?

Regarding specifically the deaths and not the Covid economic policies, we have a similar death rate to much of western Europe (Spain, UK, Italy). So I don't think most of these deaths are on Trump, because I think there would have been a high death rate regardless of what he could reasonably do. I think it's likely that there's an incremental amount that he's responsible for. 

1 hour ago, Fud said:

Three things that stand out with Trump (there are more, but I'm winging it here)

1) Overdoing tariffs (I'm fine with it as a geopolitical tool against China)

2) Overspending, covid relief aside, which I think was warranted

3) Just being an unlikable idiot in general, although I think he's hilarious at times 

Regarding the DNC, things like the Kavanaugh hearings, impeachment, and wasting time and money on the Russia scandal pissed me off, but more than anything I think the DNC is moving further left, and I don't like the potential for them to pack SCOTUS, get rid of the filibuster, and add more states to the union 

You're too stupid to be here.  

Maybe you really do belong on the recruiting board.  

• Hook 'Em 1

@Fud no offense, but have you ever read a piece of legislation in your life? You may want to start there instead of some of the articles that you have linked. 

CNN is just as dangerous as some of the sites you are reading, some here will disagree. You seem like you are trying to think about this pragmatically. I want to invite you to read some of these policies and official statements and documents that have been prepared by the party you are defending. I don't think you'd vote for them if you read the legislation. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

@Fud no offense, but have you ever read a piece of legislation in your life? You may want to start there instead of some of the articles that you have linked. 

CNN is just as dangerous as some of the sites you are reading, some here will disagree. You seem like you are trying to think about this pragmatically. I want to invite you to read some of these policies and official statements and documents that have been prepared by the party you are defending. I don't think you'd vote for them if you read the legislation. 

I'm game 

• Hook 'Em 1

I'd also love to hear your thoughts on the Unitary Executive Theory while you are doing some of your homework into real policy and tell me how appropriate it is to have one of its biggest scholarly proponents as the Attorney General of the United States. 

I really do want people like you to continue posting in here as I think some non group think is really good, but you are parroting some pretty digested talking points and opinions. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, immamac said:

With no recruiting to follow, I have plenty of newfound free time 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fud said:

Regarding specifically the deaths and not the Covid economic policies, we have a similar death rate to much of western Europe (Spain, UK, Italy). So I don't think most of these deaths are on Trump, because I think there would have been a high death rate regardless of what he could reasonably do. I think it's likely that there's an incremental amount that he's responsible for. 

I don't think you can reasonably claim incremental responsibility for what was in actuality a complete failure of leadership.  Most people focus on the obvious stuff he said or did, but like hayden stated, it's the abject failure to leverage the full power of the federal government that is where he completely bricked it.  You can't incrementalize the effect, so how can you rationally incrementalize his responsibility?  

And, FYI - none of the ideological reasons will fly here.  There have been plenty of successful public-private partnerships in combatting national threats, but Trump kept fucking chicken after chicken on that front.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Fud said:

We are the 9th worst country in the world for per-capita death rates. I guess that’s our standard.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, 'stache said:

And of course we're still talking about oil and not the batshit stuff that continues to come from the fat orange fuck. Do people seriously not care that he literally took pride in having a good relationship with Kim Jong Un? The human rights violator and a danger to all of southeast Asia? That Obama and Biden demanded that he denuclearize before any meeting and that trump is a weak af pushover who legitimized him without any preconditions? It's amazing how shit like this gets lost in the swamp of batshittery from this asshole and we're now talking about a benign comment about the need to expand renewable energy. This country is so fucked and it's pretty irredeemable at this point.

Never forget:

rtr-otto-warmbier-04-jc-170613_16x9_992.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

I don't think you can reasonably claim incremental responsibility for what was in actuality a complete failure of leadership.  Most people focus on the obvious stuff he said or did, but like hayden stated, it's the abject failure to leverage the full power of the federal government that is where he completely bricked it.  You can't incrementalize the effect, so how can you rationally incrementalize his responsibility?  

And, FYI - none of the ideological reasons will fly here.  There have been plenty of successful public-private partnerships in combatting national threats, but Trump kept fucking chicken after chicken on that front.

I'm arguing that most of the ~224,000 deaths aren't directly his fault, and I agree that Trump has done a poor job overall with the Covid handling. Unless people think that Trump could have pulled off the type of numbers that Germany was able to do, then I suppose it would make sense that he's directly responsible for most of those deaths. 

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Reminds me of when I came in here a few years back for the first time, armed with a Paul Krugman article. That didn’t go well. 

Fortunately this place has gotten more enlightened.  (actually, it was TOS that was full of shitheads)

Just now, Fud said:

I'm arguing that most of the ~224,000 deaths aren't directly his fault, and I agree that Trump has done a poor job overall with the Covid handling. Unless people think that Trump could have pulled off the type of numbers that Germany was able to do, then I suppose it would make sense that he's directly responsible for most of those deaths. 

Interesting angle.  I thought the US was #1 in everything, including pandemic response.  We did pretty well with ebola and SARS.  So what changed?

• Hook 'Em 2

Jesus. You fucking people. @Fud rolls in here, reads this thread, and volunteers that he found it interesting and that he would keep reading for new ideas to challenge his assumptions. And you guys literally can’t get out of your way to try and rip out his throat. 

it’s a Friday night and I’m scrolling through and in the span of the 20 minutes I put my phone down I come back to “47 new messages.” I don’t even know how to describe this behavior. It’s literally like jade showing up and a bunch of thirsty dipshits falling all over themselves trying to get a piece. I realize the migration of chicken sandwich and Johnny Sack and maninblack from this forum have left you guys blue of balls and hard up as hell for someone to crush, but this is the wrong dude, you clowns. 

everyone here is smart enough and recognizes the fact that most younger people identify with their parents and surrounding politics of their youth. I’ve been that guy. Half the fucks here were that guy a few short years ago. Looking at you, @hayden_horn. Yet when another young guy shows up with intellectual curiosity everyone falls all over themselves to show their fucking asses. Maybe next time don’t force someone to drink straight from the fire hydrant...

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

You're too stupid to be here.  

Maybe you really do belong on the recruiting board.  

That seemed unnecessary. I mean, we are all assholes, but he seems to be honestly engaging and not just trolling. He really just hasn't considered his beliefs in any detail, that much is clear. 

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

4 is the real and only reason you voted for Trump. You're worried about your bank account. The end.

Actually, we had a post of the year contender spell this out the other day.  It's not the bank account, it's the status quo (i.e., whiteness).  Certainly some minorities who are in the upper reaches of income might feel the same way, but let's not kid ourselves:  the vast majority of Trump supporters, while perhaps not explicitly "racist", are terrified of the demographic shift that is not only underway but cannot be stopped.

2 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Interesting angle.  I thought the US was #1 in everything, including pandemic response.  We did pretty well with ebola and SARS.  So what changed?

Are those two events very comparable to the current one? If I'm looking at the correct data, it looks like ebola killed less than a thousand people globally, and SARs around 11,300

13 minutes ago, Fud said:

The US's handling was much more like Brazil and Sweden than any other EU country.  We can go through and look at the 7-day average case count charts to confirm.

And, it wasn't a competition with Germany, UK, Italy, but Trump kept tossing out that the US should be fairly compared to those countries - that was a bullshit talking point.  

It was about leadership failure on multiple policy fronts, public health, economic, etc..  Trump played the denial game, politicized public health, and punched the economy in the face after COVID shot it in the leg.  

Edited by SizzleChest

Just now, Dahobbs said:

That seemed unnecessary. I mean, we are all assholes, but he seems to be honestly engaging and not just trolling. He really just hasn't considered his beliefs in any detail, that much is clear. 

My patience is pretty thin.  The truth is there for anyone willing to see it.  

If you guys want to take the time to try to open his eyes, go for it.  Seems like there's usually one troll around at all times.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Bullneck said:

My patience is pretty thin.  The truth is there for anyone willing to see it.  

If you guys want to take the time to try to open his eyes, go for it.  Seems like there's usually one troll around at all times.  

Fud isn’t a troll. When he starts trolling it will be obvious and you can be your normal charming self. 

1 minute ago, Bullneck said:

I think dahobbs is more eloquent than you. 

I don’t think, I know. Eloquence has never really been my thing here.

3 minutes ago, Fud said:

Are those two events very comparable to the current one? If I'm looking at the correct data, it looks like ebola killed less than a thousand people globally, and SARs around 11,300

The CDC says it was more than what you found (by a factor of 10).  1 death in the US (in Dallas, IIRC).  

Did it occur to you that maybe something the government did might have helped?

Countries with Widespread Transmission and other Countries Affected During the Epidemic
Country Total Cases (Suspected, Probable, Confirmed) Total Deaths
Spain 1 0
United Kingdom 1 0
United States 4* 1
Total 28,652 11,325

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Fud said:

Pubs love “American Exceptionalism” but when it comes to the US doing the thing other countries do well (Covid response, Universal Healthcare, Education, etc) it’s always just too hard/not possible. 

• Hook 'Em 3

11 minutes ago, Fud said:

So I think you are looking for data to support your position instead of doing your homework, seriously educate yourself on the legislation, then understand how the executive branch is supposed to carry it out. 

The President doesn't make law, he signs it into law and makes sure it is properly enacted. 

24 minutes ago, Fud said:

The buck has to stop at the President's desk for the national Covid response. He failed - horribly. From the Brookings Institute:

"The country-specific data on unemployment rates and virus cases/deaths for each individual country . . . show the following:

• The unemployment rate increase of 6.6 percentage points in the U.S. between January and July is the largest of any high-income country in the OECD;
  • Total per capita virus cases are higher in the U.S. than in any other wealthy OECD country, and total deaths per capita here are higher than in all but four; and
  • The new per capita caseload is the highest in the US except for two other OECD countries, while new deaths per capita are highest in the U.S. except for one (Israel).

In sum, the partial recovery of U.S. labor markets in the late spring and summer, and more recent trends in virus cases and deaths, do not change the fundamental fact that was apparent in my earlier brief: both U.S. employment and health outcomes during the pandemic have been worse than what we find in virtually all other high-income countries around the world.

https://www.brookings.edu/research/covid-outcomes-update-health-and-employment-impacts-in-the-us-compared-to-other-countries/

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

It's very unfortunate you continue to be a willfully ignorant shitbag.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/321995

Top 3 devices to reduce stuttering:

1. Slow down

2. Avoid trigger words

3. Try mindfulness

I would suggest you take the 3rd tip to heart for your own edification, but then that would probably be too "librul der der" for you.

He had largely eliminated it throughout his adult life. Now it’s resurfacing. Why would that be?

• Fuck You 6

12 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

The buck has to stop at the President's desk for the national Covid response. He failed - horribly. From the Brookings Institute:

"The country-specific data on unemployment rates and virus cases/deaths for each individual country . . . show the following:

• The unemployment rate increase of 6.6 percentage points in the U.S. between January and July is the largest of any high-income country in the OECD;
  • Total per capita virus cases are higher in the U.S. than in any other wealthy OECD country, and total deaths per capita here are higher than in all but four; and
  • The new per capita caseload is the highest in the US except for two other OECD countries, while new deaths per capita are highest in the U.S. except for one (Israel).

In sum, the partial recovery of U.S. labor markets in the late spring and summer, and more recent trends in virus cases and deaths, do not change the fundamental fact that was apparent in my earlier brief: both U.S. employment and health outcomes during the pandemic have been worse than what we find in virtually all other high-income countries around the world.

https://www.brookings.edu/research/covid-outcomes-update-health-and-employment-impacts-in-the-us-compared-to-other-countries/

Yeah, those UE disparities don't really shock me.  However, I think a lot of it is more structural for the US compared to other countries.  Our hospitality and gig economies are super easy targets to be 60-90% pummeled when an economic shock arrives.

Edited by SizzleChest

2 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

He had largely eliminated it throughout his adult life. Now it’s resurfacing. Why would that be?

You should humble yourself and go to a Stutterers Anonymous meeting.  They'll explain why to you, while completely soaking you in spittle for your forbearance.

Edited by SizzleChest

53 minutes ago, Fud said:

So he just killed a few thousand people instead of hundreds of thousands. I mean we are only talking incrementally. 

If you are a real person who is still voting for Trump you sure are one evil ignorant son of a bitch.