2020 PRESIDENTIAL DEBATES: Joe Biden vs Donald Trump

Mrs Whiggins

1 minute ago, Planet Houston said:

Jesus Christ, the oil industry is doing just fine killing itself. This is a non issue but will be blown out of proportion by a bunch of assholes that already have voted for Trump. And yes, I work in the industry. I don’t think I could have this handle if I didn’t. 

I thought you got that handle because you killed General Zod at a strip club?  

You are right though, this didn't do anything to change the minds of O&G folks already going for Trump.  Maybe a few hundred spouses of O&G guys in PA & TX got even more nervous than they already were and are gonna back to Trump from Biden, or not voting at all.  In the end, the fracking/clean energy portion of the debates probably accounted for 10% of the airtime and will maybe change 0.1% of the electorate's minds in maybe 5% of the states.  

1 minute ago, SimonBolivar said:

I'm serious when I say I wish you wouldn't.  Sure human nature is to want to be accepted and you won't change most minds, but at least @workswithseed and @GRHorn put up arguments for their side. 

What arguments?

As you can see above GRHorn is talking about conspiracy theories like laptops.

Edited by thepop
  • Hook 'Em 3

Just now, GRHorn said:

I bet it put some doubt in the Biden camp. Now we wait to see what else comes from the laptop. 

Keep fucking that chicken!

WSJ just shit on their own reporter's story from like 2 hours ago.

Key line from the article:

“Text messages and emails related to the venture that were provided to the Journal by Mr. Bobulinsky don’t show either Hunter Biden or James Biden discussing a role for Joe Biden in the venture.”

• Hook 'Em 3

39 minutes ago, naija said:

those people you referenced have been profiled and interviewed extensively since Trump got elected. In several news media spots. Some have even lost more since Trump was elected. To a T, they are all voting for him again. When queried, what spews out as their most pressing concerns are BLM, Fake News, the NFL, respect for the police etc...

I'm not talking about the folks who are actually losing their job.  I am talking about the theme of no red or blue states, and of caring for those in trouble.  I think that's the way you broadly sell transition of energy to whatever undecided voters who are left.

But I'll stop talking about it because I really am thinking it doesn't really move the needle.  It's just like one of those comebacks you wish that you made at the party but didn't and think about later.

24 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

So an IQ of 100 is the median, not the mean? Because if its the mean, its entirely possible that more (or less) than half have IQ below 100. If IQ of 100 is the median, then yes, by definition, half below, half above.

Its not the median or the mean your IQ score is entirely independent of anybody else

29 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Technology is always rapidly improving. Texas will be a forefront of a lot of it but like @Hagbard Celine states we could be doing so much better in our planning for the future. I'm no UT fan but the "What starts here..." motto could be for all of us.

McCraven fell on his sword when what he should have done was put the sword to Ferttita.

https://www.utsystem.edu/news/2017/03/01/chancellor-mcraven-ends-plan-ut-project-houston

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/UH-said-to-decline-role-in-planning-use-of-UT-6818893.php

jerry jones & family may be imbeciles, but they stay the fuck out of the rest of the area's industries.  way to go houston.  here's your man:

Tilman-Fertitta2019.png

This right here is on tape. This right here is an evil said out loud. Maybe republicans like Jeff Sessions and Rob Rosenstein thought this was good policy to deter immigration, but it was evil and this fucking clown was sold to do it and he is so dumb he says this out loud as if it is GOOD. If you are going to perpetrate evil to further your world view, don't include clueless transactional idiots in the plan, fuckers!!!!  This right fucking here is why they have to go:

• Hook 'Em 5

13 minutes ago, thepop said:

What arguments?

As you can see above GRHorn is talking about conspiracy theories like laptops.

it's fine for GRHorn and I to disagree.That's what a democracy is. GRHorn defends the right-wing of the Republican party, and I happen to think you almost got to be like, a demented lunatic, but it's like...But it doesn't mean we don't respect each other's views, am I right?

https://on.wsj.com/2zX7Vqy

Edited by SimonBolivar
  • Hook 'Em 1

And to just further exemplify part of the reason that fracking isn’t all that popular in PA.

The 500,000 acre Allegheny national forest is now dotted with this shit.

cf074bd8b727c1779ebb81d7810364d7.jpg

One of my favorite camping trips as a child was going backpacking in what seemed like an endless expanse of wilderness every year.

This is the fracking that Biden is talking about when he’s talking about ending fracking on federal land.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

Keep fucking that chicken!

WSJ just shit on their own reporter's story from like 2 hours ago.

Key line from the article:

“Text messages and emails related to the venture that were provided to the Journal by Mr. Bobulinsky don’t show either Hunter Biden or James Biden discussing a role for Joe Biden in the venture.”

It was never about facts--just gossip to ruin rep.  It was a last minute Hail Mary smear that didn't get traction and DOTARD is mad that his guard dog Barr didn't act on it to sew last minute 2016 level doubt.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

This right here is on tape. This right here is an evil said out loud. Maybe republicans like Jeff Sessions and Rob Rosenstein thought this was good policy to deter immigration, but it was evil and this fucking clown was sold to do it and he is so dumb he says this out loud as if it is GOOD. If you are going to perpetrate evil to further your world view, don't include clueless transactional idiots in the plan, fuckers!!!!  This right fucking here is why they have to go:

He said "go ahead." I mean, he definitely thought "good," but he said "go ahead." 

• Like 1

He does more than enough shit to clip, but he said go ahead here.

7 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

One of the comments says he said "go ahead" and not "good" and it does sound like "go ahead".

I mean, fuck Trump, but I don't think he said "good". 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

I hate Trump as much as anyone but he said "go ahead", meaning he was agreeing to move on to the next question.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

cmon more mean median mode talk! 

After like 10 seconds of research I now know my initial comment appears to have been inaccurate, which is typically what happens when somebody tries to speak authoritatively about something they actually have zero knowledge of

• Haha 3

Just now, cmontexas said:

After like 10 seconds of research I now know my initial comment appears to have been inaccurate, which is typically what happens when somebody tries to speak authoritatively about something they actually have zero knowledge of

Trump in a nutshell - but he'd never take that 10 seconds. 

I hate Trump as much as anyone, but he said "Go ahead" while looking at the moderator

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

Okay. It sounds like GOOD. But I'll take it back that he said it out loud. He still allowed this policy to occur. There are still over 500 kids that got stripped away from their parents that they still can't find. Fuck Jeff Sessions in the ass. I am so glad he lost his primary race. I hope people shit on his front porch every single day and boo his old ass when he shows himself in town. Fuuuuck him for this ugly policy. If the world decides to send him to the Hague for crimes against humanity, I will cheer and fart in his general direction. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Trump is obviously sharper on his feet than Biden. Biden struggled with losing his train of thought at times. Even the highlights for Joe that they showed on local news had mental lapses.  What were talking about, errr China. 

lol "sharper on his feet"

Biden doesn't lose his train of thought. He has a stutter. Like most stutterers, he knows when he's about to stutter, and adjusts by pausing and finding another word that he won't stutter when he says it. its a common coping mechanism. It looks like he's trying to remember a forgotten word.

Next to the word diarrhea coming from the insane orange clown, a pause is a blessing.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

From an outside Texas perspective, 98% of the rest of us don’t understand or give a shit about a little discomfort felt by oil and gas people.

Fair or not, that industry is in the same boat as pharmaceuticals - they’re big and bad and evil to “regular people”.

(As someone who worked in pharma for 15+ years, I speak from experience. It sucks when people revile you for what they THINK you do for a living.)

It's been real fun being in local media too.

• Like 1

Rex, it's quite an interesting phenomenon that you're actually capable of having rational conversation when it comes to things that involve your money. It's a shame that black people and liberals make you so emotional, or you might actually not be one of the worst posters on this site.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1