2020 PRESIDENTIAL DEBATES: Joe Biden vs Donald Trump

Mrs Whiggins

2 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

Exactly this.

The transition is happening.  Very large PE firms that have only backed O&G in the past are now funding portfolio companies focused on renewables. One of them is a battery storage company founded last year that is in my office building, in Houston. 

I don’t think his comment changes too many minds in Texas. 

I work with most of the largest O&G companies in the world. They are the largest investors in renewables by far.

• Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

There's no doubt there's a market for electric vehicles but that's a far cry from saying EVERYTHING is going electric (or some other form of AE).  Hell, doesn't it take a shitload of oil just to mine and make batteries?  What are the net effects I wonder?

I'll pretty much guarantee to you that electric cars will be dominant part of the market for consumer vehicles, if not the entire market, in the next 20 years. A lot of this is being driven by both China and Europe. They have to build electric cars and they have to build them in large numbers. In a very short period of time (relatively speaking) It simply will not make sense to spend money designing different platforms for fossil fuel vehicles. 

3 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Technology is always rapidly improving. Texas will be a forefront of a lot of it but like @Hagbard Celine states we could be doing so much better in our planning for the future. I'm no UT fan but the "What starts here..." motto could be for all of us.

I would think that the smart energy companies look at Biden's plan and drool. Oil is going tits up soon enough (I mean, fuck, we had negative prices for a hot second). Why wouldn't they want to have a hand out for a bunch of government money to help transition to the next phase of energy, especially since the big players are already working that direction anyway? 

12 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

There's no doubt there's a market for electric vehicles but that's a far cry from saying EVERYTHING is going electric (or some other form of AE).  Hell, doesn't it take a shitload of oil just to mine and make batteries?  What are the net effects I wonder?

turns out: it's complicated but generally better.  and note that the comparison is against the average euro car which is a lot better than the average american car. 

https://www.carbonbrief.org/factcheck-how-electric-vehicles-help-to-tackle-climate-change

Trump was so on point.  He was so saliently clear about his plans for the future of Covid-19, the economy, energy policy, how to deal with our enemies, race relations.  I mean, it was a point-by-point agenda that so on topic...it was tremendous.  Nobody's ever seen anything like it.  

Serious question---how do you spend 4 years as the actual President and then your whole campaign strategy is, "Well, this guy didn't do all that much as Vice President 12 years ago..."

I honestly think Trump did better than most people thought...but levity aside...what kind of strategy is, "Yeah, look...a lot of people have been President.  Maybe even me.  I dunno.  But a lot of people are saying that Biden wasn't a great Vice President in 2009.  I mean, it's a tremendous thing how bad he was.  Anyway...who's President?  I mean, who is gonna be President?"  

4 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

Bwhahahaha. Trump acts more normal but lies his ass off and Johnny Sack calls it a win. He fucking lied more than ever. hahahahaha

He lost because Biden did well too. He didn't lose his shit and he made it through, Johnny. That is all he had to do. So Biden fucking won because he connected with the people on keys points. Biden is a better man and it shows. Your guy is a fat fucking piece of shit. 

Also, he can't even be decent to his own fucking whore wife who does the best she can as his trophy to try to make his old ugly ass pass as human. What is this about, Johnny? Why is he so dismissive of her whore ass?! Huh?

I would imagine Sack’s union is like this, but an uglier wife/bf.

• Haha 1

I would think that the smart energy companies look at Biden's plan and drool. Oil is going tits up soon enough (I mean, fuck, we had negative prices for a hot second). Why wouldn't they want to have a hand out for a bunch of government money to help transition to the next phase of energy, especially since the big players are already working that direction anyway? 
Electric vehicles are still fossil fuel powered.

5 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

I thought Biden dominated the debate. He was at his best. Crisp, clear, and direct messages. Trump lost the first debate with his antics. Biden straight up won this one.

Yeah. It was kinda like a game where one team dominated the entire game and then the losing team made a furious comeback in the last five minutes but still lost, but still got a moral victory.

Donald "2020 Texas Longhorns" Trump

Fuck.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, heso said:

This is not surprising to anyone in Pennsylvania that doesn’t own land with gas wells. 

To piggy back off my own comment a bit. It’s underwater because the benefit that a lot of people were convinced was coming to the state didn’t materialize like they thought. 

To touch on something that were pointed out by someone else a few days ago, there aren’t these hundreds of thousands of jobs that Trump claims and that people were told were coming. Most of the drilling crews are out of Texas. 

Secondly, the Republican state government at the time was either duped or complicit in becoming the only state that doesn’t have a gas severance tax. They charge a 1 time fee to drill the well. So now years later the money to the state and local governments is dwindling as fewer wells are being drilled but production is at an all time high. A lot of the profit is leaving the state and going to Range Resources and the like. 

Then you have the majority of people who care more about the environmental impacts more than than they give a shit about some yokel who happened to be lucky enough to be sitting on a couple hundred acres of rural land that no one wanted to do anything with because it was too steep and rocky for farmland and too remote for anything else.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

Wow...didn't really think about this but saw on Twitter just now..."win or lose, tonight was Trump's last presidential debate, ever."

Not necessarily true.

*Technically* he could lose this election and run again in 2024.

33 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Trump said

The kids in cages are treated very well. 

Immigrants who obey laws are idiots 

Brought up Biden’s dead son

Gaslight highlights include:

The market will crash with Biden

We are rounding the corner

Fauci was wrong a lot 

Biden is a criminal controlled by Russia 

Joe is not from Scranton 

This was only close if you ignore reality 

no moar rep today

2 minutes ago, DCA_HORN said:
5 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Electric vehicles are still fossil fuel powered.

Is this in response to something I said? Also, that is a dumb and pointless statement. They are powered by whatever goes into the grid, so it depends a lot on locality. And that grid is getting greener every day. And, regardless, even an electric being powered by a grid supplied 100% by the nastiest coal plant around is still greener than the average combustion engine vehicle. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Exactly this.

The transition is happening.  Very large PE firms that have only backed O&G in the past are now funding portfolio companies focused on renewables. One of them is a battery storage company founded last year that is in my office building, in Houston. 

I don’t think his comment changes too many minds in Texas. 

I work with most of the largest O&G companies in the world. They are the largest investors in renewables by far.

One of my best friends went to work for a large petroleum company a couple of years ago. His work is entirely with renewables, and it’s the fastest growing part of the company’s business. Good businesses follow the money, and get ahead of the trends.

But understand....a lot of oil companies/petroleum related businesses are really fucking stupid.

12 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

Bwhahahaha. Trump acts more normal but lies his ass off and Johnny Sack calls it a win. He fucking lied more than ever. hahahahaha

He lost because Biden did well too. He didn't lose his shit and he made it through, Johnny. That is all he had to do. So Biden fucking won because he connected with the people on keys points. Biden is a better man and it shows. Your guy is a fat fucking piece of shit. 

Also, he can't even be decent to his own fucking whore wife who does the best she can as his trophy to try to make his old ugly ass pass as human. What is this about, Johnny? Why is he so dismissive of her whore ass?! Huh?

Yikes, indeed. She hates his ass. Lol. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

One of my best friends went to work for a large petroleum company a couple of years ago. His work is entirely with renewables, and it’s the fastest growing part of the company’s business. Good businesses follow the money, and get ahead of the trends.

But understand....a lot of oil companies/petroleum related businesses are really fucking stupid.

This is all interesting and all but what does it have to do with the Sack?

5 minutes ago, heso said:

To touch on something that were pointed out by someone else a few days ago, there aren’t these hundreds of thousands of jobs that Trump claims and that people were told were coming. Most of the drilling crews are out of Texas.

That's because companies that shed crews during the '15 bust started shipping experienced crews around the nation rather than train locals like they did in the 00s. Most frac crews these days are imported from elsewhere. You'll get some jobs with the local service companies and some jobs from people maintaining the play after the drilling is done, but the it isn't like Pennsylvanians are making up the majority of the man camps, right now. With the advent of online public records, the same goes for the legal side of things, as well. An attorney in Texas can be licensed to practice in PA and get his title work from a land crew based out of Louisiana. The industry was already nomadic to begin with, but the lean times has upped that by many magnitudes higher.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I’m backing out of Texags politics for libs.  My last post.  Have fun jerking each other off.  

I'm serious when I say I wish you wouldn't.  Sure human nature is to want to be accepted and you won't change most minds, but at least @workswithseed and @GRHorn put up arguments for their side.