2020 PRESIDENTIAL DEBATES: Joe Biden vs Donald Trump

Mrs Whiggins

I'm not sure why you guys are engaging with him in a serious manner. Trump supporters are like Billy Liucci during spring camp, writing articles how they're the best team in the SEC, trying to pump up the couple of good things about the team while outright ignoring or putting spin on the mountain of bad shit.

Like Trump said, he could shoot someone on 5th Ave and they would still justify voting for him because xxxxxx reason.

1 hour ago, Fud said:

So I don't think most of these deaths are on Trump, because I think there would have been a high death rate regardless of what he could reasonably do. I think it's likely that there's an incremental amount that he's responsible for

All due respect eat shit and die motherfucker. All that orange piece of shit had to do was model mask wearing and tell people to social distance and 100k + Americans would still be alive, and I wouldn’t have to be worried about covid census at the hospitals I do surgeries at. I have friends who have lost parents to covid. I have a patient who killed himself because he was in so much pain and none of the hospitals could let us do his “elective” surgery because of lack of capacity. He ate a bullet and his wife found him. And we are surging again because millions of fucking morons are not taking this virus serious directly because of his words and actions. 

not to mention there are 550 kids who may never see their parents again because of this shitstain listening to truly evil people and not giving a fuck about consequences that don’t affect his bottom line. Fuck him and every one who supports him

Edited by Sawbonz
Fuck you
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

39 minutes ago, Fud said:

Are those two events very comparable to the current one? If I'm looking at the correct data, it looks like ebola killed less than a thousand people globally, and SARs around 11,300

They’re not. He doesn’t know what he’s talking about. 

Ebola has a different transmission mechanism. Sars was less contagious and far more lethal so it was never getting as far as Covid. 

31 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

The reason Ebola didn’t kill more people is because the United States stepped up and fucking led like we should. We sent doctors and military to Africa and stopped that fucking outbreak in its tracks. 

Comparing Ebola to Covid in any way shows your ignorance on the subject. 

• Fuck You 2

5 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

All due respect eat shit and die motherfucker. All that orange piece of shit had to do was model mask wearing and tell people to social distance and 100k + Americans would still be alive, and I wouldn’t have to be worried about covid census at the hospitals I do surgeries at. I have friends who have lost parents to covid. I have a patient who killed himself because he was in so much pain and none of the hospitals could let us do his “elective” surgery because of lack of capacity. He ate a bullet and his wife found him. And we are surging again because millions of fucking morons are not taking this virus serious directly because of his words and actions. 

not to mention there are 550 kids who may never see their parents again because of this shitstain listening to truly evil people and not giving a fuck about consequences that don’t affect his bottom line. Fuck him and every one who supports him

@Fudthese posts are why it’s typically best to avoid posting here. Very few of these hyenas have the ability to be slightly cordial and even less will share actual dialogue. 

You views are not out of line and in fact are pretty reasonable. Don’t let your experience here ruin your desire to discuss different ideas. This just isn’t the place. 

• Fuck You 4

6 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

@Fudthese posts are why it’s typically best to avoid posting here. Very few of these hyenas have the ability to be slightly cordial and even less will share actual dialogue. 

You views are not out of line and in fact are pretty reasonable. Don’t let your experience here ruin your desire to discuss different ideas. This just isn’t the place. 

Dialogue? Yeah that’s what we need more fucking idiots spouting bullshit and then we should engage them like what they are saying merits a thoughtful consideration and a cordial response 

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Coronavirus was being talked about in November of last year. We had a solid 3 and a half to 4 months to prepare. The Trump administration did not. It’s that simple

This. We’re almost a year into this and we had 83,000 cases and almost 1,000 deaths today while Trump says “we’re rounding the curve.” It’s the worst example of leadership in the history of this country. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Then why are you here? 

Oh yeah, just to troll.

Go fuck yourself troll.  Even your avatar gives it away. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Fud said:

Three things that stand out with Trump (there are more, but I'm winging it here)

1) Overdoing tariffs (I'm fine with it as a geopolitical tool against China)

2) Overspending, covid relief aside, which I think was warranted

3) Just being an unlikable idiot in general, although I think he's hilarious at times 

Regarding the DNC, things like the Kavanaugh hearings, impeachment, and wasting time and money on the Russia scandal pissed me off, but more than anything I think the DNC is moving further left, and I don't like the potential for them to pack SCOTUS, get rid of the filibuster, and add more states to the union 

Thanks for the sincere response. I said I wouldn't pounce on your questions, and I won't, but if you wanted to discuss this further, I would ask where Trump's unrelenting challenge to the legitimacy of our elections ranks. To me, this seems to be one of those issues where you either have to buy in to Trump's alternate reality to accept it, or you have to otherwise be completely set against it.

We cannot continue to have any form of democracy when it's normal to challenge our elections. If we assume hypothetically that Biden wins, we can foresee in the 2024 election that the next up-and-coming GOP candidates will be asked point blank whether they felt 2020 was rigged or not. Given how much of the Republican party buys in to Trump's alternate reality, I predict they will not consent to Biden's legitimacy. Therefore, as much of a bummer as it is to say this, it seems like a real possibility that we will never have a free and fair presidential election again, which would mean the end of the Great Experiment. I'm not saying that's the most likely outcome, but it's still on the table, and would have been unthinkable before Trump.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

They’re not. He doesn’t know what he’s talking about. 

Ebola has a different transmission mechanism. Sars was less contagious and far more lethal so it was never getting as far as Covid. 

Comparing Ebola to Covid in any way shows your ignorance on the subject. 

Look, chief: it doesn't matter what subject it is: Trump fucks up everything he touches. Obama did a better job with everything, from controlling epidemics to decorating the White House for Christmas.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

It's kind of sweet how you're taking this youngster under your wing.  Touching.

• Hook 'Em 1

The Dems didn't hold the senate in a lameduck year. The GOP does. 
I don't see it that way. I see it as keeping one party from gaining too much control. 
This is revisionist history. Mitch Mcconnell started blocking all judges as early as 2015. It wasn't just one Supreme Court nomination. There's a reason Trump has been able to fill so many court benches.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

@Neonmoon posted earlier in the day about this in the DJT thread, but I'd like to bring it up again in relation to @ndawg's remarks about the election.

Essentially, Trump has railed about corruption yet has sidestepped every single governor/rule that Americans put in place to protect against tyranny and corruption. Have we had corruption prior to Trump? Certainly. That was why we have had whistleblowers, ethics commissions, and (in the past) long and drawn out bipartisan hearings and confirmations. Now we have this:

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
  • Hook 'Em 1

Fud

The tax cuts passed by the Republicans during a growing economy that have caused horrific deficits and debt issues - Does that bother you as a conservative?

The lack of a healthcare plan for four years, including when they held the House, while simultaneously trying to take down the only viable healthcare option for millions of people - does that botching of the issue bother you?

Promising an infrastructure plan for four years but never once actually delivering one - does the lack of action bother you?

Having become completely detested by allies around the world because of Trump’s juvenile behavior - does America’s reduced respect bother you?

These are just some examples of a party that says one thing but doesn’t actually do what it says.

And one final one - Graham’s and other republican’s hypocrisy by stating in 2016 that they would wait in 2020 on a Supreme Court action, but then didn’t. That doesn’t bother you? They flat out lied.

Over ten thousand verifiable lies on Trump’s own twitter account, directly from him. Why would you ever believe anything he or his party says, ever?

Needs to be repeated. As a lifelong conservative who voted for Trump in 2016 it is infuriating that Americans can't see the destruction that Trump has caused, all the while the GOP turns a blind eye.

10 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

@Neonmoon posted earlier in the day about this in the DJT thread, but I'd like to bring it up again in relation to @ndawg's remarks about the election.

Essentially, Trump has railed about corruption yet has sidestepped every single governor/rule that Americans put in place to protect against tyranny and corruption. Have we had corruption prior to Trump? Certainly. That was why we have had whistleblowers, ethics commissions, and (in the past) long and drawn out bipartisan hearings and confirmations. Now we have this:

This makes no sense. Any executive order trump makes can be undone by a Biden executive order no?  Also why wouldn’t Biden immediately fire these “loyalists” as soon as he is inaugurated?

• Hook 'Em 2

48 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Coronavirus was being talked about in November of last year. We had a solid 3 and a half to 4 months to prepare. The Trump administration did not. It’s that simple

Christ. I shudder at the thought of this administration trying to handle another major crisis in the next 4 years. Because you know there will be another one. That’s just life. 

1 minute ago, Sawbonz said:

This makes no sense. Any executive order trump makes can be undone by a Biden executive order no?  Also why wouldn’t Biden immediately fire these “loyalists” as soon as he is inaugurated?

Sooooo, the Federal government is quick and nimble, you say?

3 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Agree. Couldn’t Biden just say, uh yeah, everyone who was fired two days ago?  Rehired. 

Not to say this isn’t a big deal, but Biden could just reverse it. It’s an EO, not a constitutional amendment. 

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Jesus. You fucking people. @Fud rolls in here, reads this thread, and volunteers that he found it interesting and that he would keep reading for new ideas to challenge his assumptions. And you guys literally can’t get out of your way to try and rip out his throat.

Trump supporter says he will keep reading for new ideas to challenge his assumptions.

1522569_448437011922836_1365930722_o.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Trump can fire people at the drop of a hat but Biden can do nothing about “trump loyalists” because of governmental inertia? Ok I guess 

The goal is create a shitload of extra work - legal, operational, etc. that slows the administration down.  There could be other issues - Trump cronies could actually do some damage while in place that would impact or even halt policy implementation or execution.

Remember the W keys removed from WH keyboards by the outgoing Clinton staff?  This would be like 1000X worse.  Far more than an administrative nuisance.

If you want to read about this kind of effort in more detail, read the Fifth Risk by Michael Lewis.  Lewis focuses on more of the policy leadership functions, like at the DoE.  Trump's just seeking to replace as many of the lower level civil servants as possible to maximally disrupt.

Edited by SizzleChest

4 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

The goal is create a shitload of extra work - legal, operational, etc. that slows the administration down.  There could be other issues - Trump cronies could actually do some damage while in place that would impact or even halt policy implementation or execution.

Remember the W keys removed from WH keyboards by the outgoing Clinton staff?  This would be like 1000X worse.  Far more than an administrative nuisance.

If you want to read about this kind of effort in more detail, read the Fifth Risk by Michael Lewis.  Lewis focuses on more of the policy leadership functions, like at the DoE.  Trump's just seeking to replace as many of the lower level civil servants as possible to maximally disrupt.

Yeah this is nuisance shit. As long as trump is gone IDGAF

1 hour ago, Sawbonz said:

Dialogue? Yeah that’s what we need more fucking idiots spouting bullshit and then we should engage them like what they are saying merits a thoughtful consideration and a cordial response 

He came here earnestly looking for some back and forth. You gave him “eat shit and die motherfucker”. Seems like that’s a missed opportunity for your side if I’m being generous. If I’m not, it looks like you’re an unbalanced blowhard that talks big behind the anonymity of the internet. 

You’d never say that to someone’s face. Why would you?  You’re too old to fight and you could have your hands broken and be out of work for a while. Typical internet tough guy serving as great example of the intolerant left. Congrats. 

• Fuck You 5

3 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

He came here earnestly looking for some back and forth. You gave him “eat shit and die motherfucker”. Seems like that’s a missed opportunity for your side if I’m being generous. If I’m not, it looks like you’re an unbalanced blowhard that talks big behind the anonymity of the internet. 

You’d never say that to someone’s face. Why would you?  You’re too old to fight and you could have your hands broken and be out of work for a while. Typical internet tough guy serving as great example of the intolerant left. Congrats. 

Welcome to the Shag?  Get the fuck out of here with this soft shit.

THE INTOLERANT LEFT@!@!@@@@!!!!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

He came here earnestly looking for some back and forth. You gave him “eat shit and die motherfucker”. Seems like that’s a missed opportunity for your side if I’m being generous.

Maybe we're tired of dealing with disingenuous assholes like you, and we can spot them a mile away.

• Hook 'Em 7

3 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

OK, so when the IRS fucks up your tax refund or crams an audit up your ass, you tell them that.  Everybody else will just blame Biden.

So trump has an army of IRS agents he is going to unleash on us when he is voted out? Man I don’t even know what to do with this. It’s about 75th down on shit I’m worried about

2 hours ago, Bookman said:

No of course they can. I mean, look at Donald Trump.

I have a family member with downs and they are of an infinitely higher level of decency, morality, and character than our piece of shit president. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Fud right now

11.gif.47ce45558ffffbcebd2d14ad2492daf6.gif

lmao no shit right. Buncha jackals in here. I get it, but I think Fud has been completely reasonable in explaining his positions, even if I think they're terrible positions. I think his opinions are bad and stupid, but he's making an honest attempt to shine some light on his viewpoints. I found the last page or two with the back and forth pretty interesting. 

There's definitely a lot of anger towards Trump and the shitheads running the country that's sort of sitting pent up because there's nobody to blow off steam at except other blue voters. I mean I get it. But damn, the kid is trying to have a genuine conversation as far as I can see. 

It's important and healthy to be able to separate normal people who hold different viewpoints from us from actual intellectually dishonest, selfish racist pieces of shit (of which we have several who pop in and out of here and the DT). From what I've seen Fud falls in the former, not the latter.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I'm sorry i just really have trouble with anyone who is OK with trump, period. I don't care if they were born yesterday or are the oldest person alive; if you think trump is in any way redeemable, you aren't. 

Everyone is redeemable. Most wont be. But  as long as you draw breath you can be redeemed. 

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

And so started the war between the real doctor and the pretend one. Now we watch. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Maybe trump as a person (i highly, highly, highly doubt it), but not as president. He's just not fit for the job. And that's putting it way more than lightly. 

I’m not talking about Trump, or a job for anyone, I’m talking about as a person. And I’m not arguing redemption will happen, just that I think it’s a capacity that exists within all human beings. 

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I’m not talking about Trump, or a job for anyone, I’m talking about as a person. And I’m not arguing redemption will happen, just that I think it’s a capacity that exists within all human beings. 

Man, i don't know what your goal is here. But I'm not engaging this anymore. I'm not taking hypotheticals here. I'm talking about real people and real issues. Trump, as a real person, cannot continue to be president and the United States survive. That's reality. Debate whatever you care to, I'm not moving off that. I will certainly die on that hill. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Man, i don't know what your goal is here. But I'm not engaging this anymore. I'm not taking hypotheticals here. I'm talking about real people and real issues. Trump, as a real person, cannot continue to be president and the United States survive. That's reality. Debate whatever you care to, I'm not moving off that. I will certainly die on that hill. 

You said “if you think Trump is in any way redeemable than you are not”. You didn’t say it had anything to do with job qualification or anything else- simply that anyone who believed in the possibility of redemption for trump placed themselves beyond redemption. 
I’m suggesting that within every human being exists the possibility for redemption- a thought and ethos shared almost universally amongst religious figures, philosophers and students of humanity. You are consigning anyone whom believes in the universal possibility of redemption for all to be basically human refuge. 
If that’s not what you meant- cool- but that’s what you said, why I quoted you and why I responded how I did. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

I agree with most of your message but you loose when you go with ad hominin attacks.  You're no better than Trump when you do that.

• Like 1