Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

20 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

2) A&M fans are pissed that Durkin continues to only rush 3 but I don't think they have any option. They need bodies on the backend to try and protect the secondary. 

This is the part that is especially funny.  They spent all their money buying what may be the best DL 3 deep in in the country, but they only play 3 kids at a time because they are hoping playing 8 in the back makes up for the fact they suck.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

aggy reached that point now where 2024/2025 kids realize they will endure a coaching turnover if they choose aggy. Better get their NIL upfront

That and the aggy coaching staff has reached a point of promising results where recruits now see through that bullshit.

I’ve seen CTJ mention several times the aggy staff has been selling recruits with “Watch Sark fail and see how good we look.” 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Loochador pod isn't worth your time. Billy spends an hour trying to convince himself the offense can carry the defense and salvage a good season. Shocker, he gets there. 

i don't know, man, that sounds pretty fucking entertaining to me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

14 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Loochador pod isn't worth your time. Billy spends an hour trying to convince himself the offense can carry the defense and salvage a good season. Shocker, he gets there. 

The offense wasn't even that good against Miami. 

Miami's D shut down the aggy offense in the first half other than TDs on short fields from special teams mistakes. The 2nd half was a different story because Miami was down 4 starters on defense including 3 starters on the DL. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Miami's D shut down the aggy offense in the first half other than TDs on short fields from special teams mistakes. The 2nd half was a different story because Miami was down 4 starters on defense including 3 starters on the DL. 

Looch goes on and on about how Weigman is "that guy" and how they left points on the field. Quickly glosses over the defensive issues. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

5 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Looch goes on and on about how Weigman is "that guy" and how they left points on the field. Quickly glosses over the defensive issues. 

Did he mention that teams are just going to corner blitz him as he's not seeing it at all and their O-Line can't pick it up?

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Weigman is decent but he struggled in the 1st half going through progressions quick enough and finding receivers. Miami's pressure completely confused him. It's why aggys leading receiver in the 1st half was a RB with 25 yards. 

The 2nd half was a different story because Miami was unable to generate as much pressure with 3 starters out on the DL. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

3 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Looch goes on and on about how Weigman is the guy and how they left points on the field. Quickly glosses over the defensive issues. 

their offense is weird.

these are unadjusted metrics but:

• #14 in the country in drives that turn into touchdowns (45.5%)
  • #23 in the country in drives that are basically positive
  • #20 in the country in drives that result in +10 yards, a first down or a TD

adjusted wise they are basically a top ~20 team in the country for things like drive efficiency, points per drive, and available yards.

then you see they have played a not good schedule so far, their offense was not good against Miami (no green!) while their defense was truly dogshit

image.png.087e19b5da7d3f81b46b8d30522668a5.png

for comparison that's in line with about how the Texas offense looked %wise with Ewers in the game vs Alabama last year. that's just incredible.

if the defense falls apart at all, those guys are so incredibly fucked.

• Hook 'Em 1

I think the book is out on the aggy offense if you watched the first half against Miami. 

1) Bring pressure all game. The OL can't block in pass pro and Weigman struggles to go through progressions quick enough.

2) aggy doesn't  have an Achane on the roster at RB. They have no real home run threat at RB so it's not a huge worry for the D. 

Until aggy can prove they are capable of beating teams downfield with their WRs, teams are going to keep selling out on knocking the shit out of Weigman with pressure. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I didn't watch the game, but I went to check the stats after seeing his comment Sunday morning that Weigman is "that guy".

Weigman was sub 60% and threw 2 INTs.  What am I missing?

The other thing that jumped out to me is that it takes a pretty special group to lose a game by 2+ TD when you block a punt and recover a fumble inside the red zone (and convert both to TDs), run 30 more plays than your opponent, win TOP, and have 60 fewer penalty yards than your opponent.  LOL.  Wish I would have watched the game.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

37 minutes ago, Wiler77 said:

I didn't watch the game, but I went to check the stats after seeing his comment Sunday morning that Weigman is "that guy".

Weigman was sub 60% and threw 2 INTs.  What am I missing?

The other thing that jumped out to me is that it takes a pretty special group to lose a game by 2+ TD when you block a punt and recover a fumble inside the red zone (and convert both to TDs), run 30 more plays than your opponent, win TOP, and have 60 fewer penalty yards than your opponent.  LOL.  Wish I would have watched the game.

Watch the game. He was good. The rest of the team, not so much 

2 minutes ago, Fud said:

Watch the game. He was good. The rest of the team, not so much 

I watched the game, I thought he was good, not great. Their offense really stagnated in the middle part of the game and he was having a lot of trouble with the pressure (which was pretty significant). He seems like a really talented young player who hasn’t put it all together yet to me. 

I will say this for him, he plays tough as hell. He doesn’t really shy away from contact when he runs and he was trying to hang in the pocket and make plays down the field. Not sure how smart that is for his long-term prospects given his injury history and that OL, but he’s a competitor. 

11 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

I watched the game, I thought he was good, not great. Their offense really stagnated in the middle part of the game and he was having a lot of trouble with the pressure (which was pretty significant). He seems like a really talented young player who hasn’t put it all together yet to me. 

I will say this for him, he plays tough as hell. He doesn’t really shy away from contact when he runs and he was trying to hang in the pocket and make plays down the field. Not sure how smart that is for his long-term prospects given his injury history and that OL, but he’s a competitor. 

I watched the first few drives of the second half earlier, and his only bad throw as the shoelace one to Evan Stewart where Evan got stopped short. Otherwise he had two incompletions; a batted ball by a DL, and an INT where Smith slipped on his route. He’s good. Not idea if he regresses at some point, or gets better. A&M better hope that he doesn’t regress 

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

"Texas A&M is now 1-7 in their last eight games against Power Five teams." -Joel Klatt

Technically, isn't that 1-0-7?

1 win, no losses, and 7 just ran out of time.

I mean, think about it. If you gave those whiny weirdos an extra 15 minutes after the other team left, they'd be undefeated. WHOOP! 

Edited by Tired Horn
Typo.
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Another thing I don't understand about aggy is why Moose Muhammad is not playing more. If he jumps in the portal, we should be all over that. He would kill it with Sark. 

From the outside you can’t understand it. From the inside you can’t explain it.