Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

7 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Yup. Jumping from coordinator to P3 HC is a great first step. Even if it doesn't work out, you can blame aggy being aggy and now you're an experienced head coach with SEC bonafides.

Who needs another job? You can retire on $75 million.

2 minutes ago, Fud said:

I disagree. I think he’d take the A&M HC job 

we will have to agree to disagree here.

whenever he leaves i fully expect it to be a situation where he can step in and be successful. i don't think A&M is set up for plug and play success no matter who the coach is.

their team has fundamental issues at linebacker and OL - both involving strategy and depth (or lack thereof.) their OL room has more cubes than they have P5 level starting players. the QB room has big talent issues if you don't keep Weigman, and Max Johnson has been beat out at 2 SEC schools at this point. their offensive staff (Addazio, Damayune Craig, James Coley, Bobby Petrino, Marquel Blackwell) has exactly one dude who you really even consider keeping.

they will have fallout from Jimbo leaving. again, that guy is going to leak everything and shit all over the program on the way out.

they are in an incredibly difficult conference with incredibly difficult permanent rivalries (Texas, OU, LSU or if they are lucky Arkansas)

they have no recent success to speak of. they have no real alignment with the AD/booster/program. they have no functional NIL program compared to any other top school/program. they don't have a super strong recruiting base from within Texas (look at how much they recruit OOS.) they don't have a history of putting dudes in the league.

i just don't see Schumann leaving one of the best coordinator jobs in the country for Texas A&M of all places. especially not at any kind of discount on either his salary or the assistant pool.

1 hour ago, NoName said:

those morons floating Schumann, who has worked directly with Kirby Smart for 15 years going back to when he was a student at Bama, and was Smart's first hire and the youngest on field SEC coach when he was hired.

Glen Schumann isn't leaving one of the top coordinator jobs in the country, as one of the highest paid coordinators in the country ($1.9m) for Texas fucking A&M.

this isn't Kirby Smart leaving Alabama for a top 5 job in the country at Georgia where he was a 4 year letter winner and where he started his career.

i hope those hillbilly fucks really do float him. they will be shot down SO fast.

I’m calling bullshit. Not splashy enough for them. Office aggy laughed when I offered up Leipold or Kleiman. Too competent I guess. 

Dan Campbell and his Stone Cold Steve Austin shtick is the only name that excites them. 

I think they’re still in the bargaining stage of grief. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, NoName said:

whenever he leaves i fully expect it to be a situation where he can step in and be successful. i don't think A&M is set up for plug and play success no matter who the coach is.

their team has fundamental issues at linebacker and OL - both involving strategy and depth (or lack thereof.) their OL room has more cubes than they have P5 level starting players. the QB room has big talent issues if you don't keep Weigman, and Max Johnson has been beat out at 2 SEC schools at this point. their offensive staff (Addazio, Damayune Craig, James Coley, Bobby Petrino, Marquel Blackwell) has exactly one dude who you really even consider keeping.

they will have fallout from Jimbo leaving. again, that guy is going to leak everything and shit all over the program on the way out.

they are in an incredibly difficult conference with incredibly difficult permanent rivalries (Texas, OU, LSU or if they are lucky Arkansas)

they have no recent success to speak of. they have no real alignment with the AD/booster/program. they have no functional NIL program compared to any other top school/program. they don't have a super strong recruiting base from within Texas (look at how much they recruit OOS.) they don't have a history of putting dudes in the league.

i just don't see Schumann leaving one of the best coordinator jobs in the country for Texas A&M of all places. especially not at any kind of discount on either his salary or the assistant pool.

Counterpoint; he’d take the job 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, NoName said:

i just don't see Schumann leaving one of the best coordinator jobs in the country for Texas A&M of all places. 

It's still a coordinator-to-head coach move. I can't see Schumann getting many better opportunities out of the gate than aggy. 

I think Schumann would almost certainly take the job but this doesn't seem like the "splashy" type hire aggy would attempt to make. 

On 11/7/2023 at 5:44 PM, Rickylovesweed said:

I don't. It's all internet bravado. Nobody is spending $100 million to get rid of a coaching staff and then hire a new coaching staff. 

Liucci and Zwerneman have pretty much been laying the groundwork that aggy has no choice but to keep Jimbo. 

Love the choice they're making. For all of Sark's shortcomings, he'll beat Jizzbo. Everyone does. They're Cal's retarded brother-uncle

Edited by Spider2YBanana
Mispelled Jizzbo's name
  • Haha 1

On 11/7/2023 at 8:58 PM, Jimbob said:

There’s a couple guys willing to stroke big checks now, but they are trying to get a few others to pony up.    

Fatigue has set in and it would feel better to have that money mean something like a new gulag building in your name rather than gifting it to a little West Virginia hillbilly cuck.  

Gulag buildings these days are state of the art. Torture is up 72% since the last one built. Truly getting their money's worth in teaching skewed history lessons propping up the klan, and especially revisiting, er, uh, teaching the olden days of when fish camp meant more. 

16 hours ago, WBT said:

Worked out ok for Tennessee 

Tennessee Bobby Hill was the head coach at UCF and had shown flashes. Heupel wasn’t exactly in demand and Tennessee’s Athletic Department was a mess that made 2010’s Texas Atheletic Department look like Ohio State, so they did a package deal and hired a G5 AD and their coach because no quality candidates wanted anything todo with Tennessee. When I mean if A&M sets up Jimbo, they end up so fucked in the coaching search that they’ll have to be like Tech and hire Baylor TE coach as HC.

23 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I mean, they’ve been made.  Im not sure the total count we have though. @closetojumping

If he has enough I'll grab an XXL for my cousin's husband who's an aggy alum that I'm pretty sure posts on either TexAgs or 247 with his stupid aggy takes that he beats about every Thanksgiving and Christmas. (He's the living embodiment of the aggy roller-coaster(, so it would be on-brand for him to want and love the shirt that I will love to grab for him.

11 hours ago, NoName said:

I don't know the man, but if he wants to be a head coach he'd take aggy and it wouldn't be a question. Making $1.9 as a coordinator is great, but more than doubling that as HC at aggy is quite a bit better.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, gernblansten said:

I don't know the man, but if he wants to be a head coach he'd take aggy and it wouldn't be a question. Making $1.9 as a coordinator is great, but more than doubling that as HC at aggy is quite a bit better.

In thinking about a career in Hollywood, I decided that I'd rather be a successful screenwriter (a couple of decades ago when the pay was great) than actor. I'd choose more than comfortable life with plenty of extra money to set aside rather than 5 times the money and dealing with fame. Add the responsibilities of a HC to constantly be dealing with boosters, the press, and whatever emotions the fans are experiencing wouldn't be my cup of tea.

I don't know a thing about this well-paid DC, but I could see it being difficult to pry him from where he is if he's like me.

12 hours ago, NoName said:

How often do situations that you are describing even come up though? You are either talking about a blue blood program that is rolling but loses their coach to scandal/the NFL or taking over for Saban after he retires. 

If he actually got an offer from them, I don’t see how Schumann could turn the Ags down on the hope that he would be a candidate for a unicorn job opening up in the next few years. Without even a guarantee that he would be the hire if one of them even opens up. 

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, Fud said:

It's anti-aggy fantasy land wish casting. The only way Schumann wouldn't take the job is if a better job opened at the same time and also wanted him

A&M is a good job, even with all of their weird shit that they do. It will never be a great job until there is a wholesale purging of the top leadership in the university because their buffoonery will continue to shoot the football program in the foot. They are constantly trying to shortcut and brute force their way to success, and that is not how quality programs are built. 

• Hook 'Em 3

57 minutes ago, Fud said:

It's anti-aggy fantasy land wish casting. The only way Schumann wouldn't take the job is if a better job opened at the same time and also wanted him

It's a career killer. Sure, you get paid a ridiculous amount of money to coach at a make-believe blue blood, but your career is pretty much over after that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

A&M is a good job, even with all of their weird shit that they do. It will never be a great job until there is a wholesale purging of the top leadership in the university because their buffoonery will continue to shoot the football program in the foot. They are constantly trying to shortcut and brute force their way to success, and that is not how quality programs are built. 

So they are the J.G. Wentworth of CFB.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Fud said:

Which is true for every major job

John Mackovic: Texas to Arizona

Mack Brown: Texas to North Carolina

Charlie Strong: Texas to South Florida to Alabama analyst or whatever

Tom Herman: Texas to the Bears to Florida Atlantic

Strong met the Peter Principle up close and personally. The rest of them continued coaching. John Mackovic was the same coach he always was. Strong and Macjovic were never really qualified to be hired here in a sane world.

41 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

All that and they celebrate the wrong success and then get way ahead of themselves. Top recruiting class…WHOOP! Swgacopter, WRTS, Don’t Care Got Jimbo. All these bullshit fake wins, which they assume are a guaranteed ticket to the promised land, but they’re still waiting at the station with their dick in their hands. 

Just now, Tex Pete said:

John Mackovic: Texas to Arizona

Mack Brown: Texas to North Carolina

Charlie Strong: Texas to South Florida to Alabama analyst or whatever

Tom Herman: Texas to the Bears to Florida Atlantic

Strong met the Peter Principle up close and personally. The rest of them continued coaching. John Mackovic was the same coach he always was. Strong and Macjovic were never really qualified to be hired here in a sane world.

Ok? I assumed he meant your career is over insofar as you're done getting elite coaching jobs. If you fail at most top college jobs, you're probably taking a major step down at the next job, and it's unlikely that you're rebounding at that job because if you're a great coach, you're probably not getting fired in the first place 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Fud said:

Ok? I assumed he meant your career is over insofar as you're done getting elite coaching jobs. If you fail at most top college jobs, you're probably taking a major step down at the next job

But that's mostly true of coaching in general, whatever level you're at.

9 minutes ago, Fud said:

Ok? I assumed he meant your career is over insofar as you're done getting elite coaching jobs. If you fail at most top college jobs, you're probably taking a major step down at the next job, and it's unlikely that you're rebounding at that job because if you're a great coach, you're probably not getting fired in the first place 

Yeah, it takes time at least. Kiffin had to build his reputation back up in a group of 5 job before getting Miss. Muschamp quickly got another SEC gig, but it was a step down from Florida to South Carolina. Had he been successful at SC, he would have probably gotten big time opportunities again. But like you said, if he was a good enough HC coach to kill it there he probably wouldn’t have failed at Florida in the first place. 

The only coach of the last 4 they did not deify was Sherman.  So he did not get albatross and undeserved extensions like Frantastic, Kevin "The Cobra" Sumlin, or Don't Care, Got Jimbo.  Sherman also left their roster in really good shape.

If they weren't Aggies, I'd be worried they might learn something

14 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

The only coach of the last 4 they did not deify was Sherman.  So he did not get albatross and undeserved extensions like Frantastic, Kevin "The Cobra" Sumlin, or Don't Care, Got Jimbo.  Sherman also left their roster in really good shape.

It was because Sherman liked boring things like good offensive lines.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Fud said:

Counterpoint; he’d take the job 

Marvel Studios GIF by Disney+

1 hour ago, Fud said:

Which is true for every major job

i think in general we agree on this front.

A&M has a lot of endemic issues with the job. i just don't think that they are going to be a top tier location for a guy to take his single shot on because of their complete lack of success, their booster issues, etc. everyone knows their issues, so not like they are some unknown unknown.

based on what we know about Kirby, who had a ton of opportunities to leave T Town for other jobs, and based on how close those dudes are i just don't think he is going to leave to take THAT job.

this whole side discussion is moot anyway because he doesn't have the name to satisfy the money folks that will be required to buy out Jimbo then put up money for the next dude.

Edited by NoName

So there you have it. Billy claims the university or athletic department will be funding the buyout. 

Now I'm no idiot parent that would in a million years send my kid to A&M anyways, but I'd be pissed if one of them was eating the cost to get rid of Jimbo through tuition or athletic fees.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Enchubben said:

So there you have it. Billy claims the university or athletic department will be funding the buyout. 

Now I'm no idiot parent that would in a million years send my kid to A&M anyways, but I'd be pissed if one of them was eating the cost to get rid of Jimbo through tuition or athletic fees.

It's the Prairie View A&M students that will be eating the cost. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Frank Drebin said:

Sherman always seemed to me to be a fish out of water there.  I really don't know a lot about him, but he seemed more normal.

1 hour ago, Deej said:

It's the Prairie View A&M students that will be eating the cost. 

You might be partly right, but it would be the entire system.  Running a diploma mill is difficult when you have to raise the costs of attending school.  Even as they stride proudly in the commuter school direction.

1 hour ago, cafe society said:

You might be partly right, but it would be the entire system.  Running a diploma mill is difficult when you have to raise the costs of attending school.  Even as they stride proudly in the commuter school direction.

You're both correct. It'll be us, the Texas tax payers. Never forget how much disaster relief $ they we're in charge of managing not long ago..

• Rage+1 3