Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

Just now, victory88 said:

What has Elijah Robinson done to show he can run a program and recruit against Texas, Bama, LSU, OU for the elite regional talent.  What coaches are going to come work for him.   Dude is going to flame out big time at aggy.

Dropping bags in NJ count or nah?

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, victory88 said:

What has Elijah Robinson done to show he can run a program and recruit against Texas, Bama, LSU, OU for the elite regional talent.  What coaches are going to come work for him.   Dude is going to flame out big time at aggy.

Makes me curious if he could but together a higher quality staff than Turtle Tom or Strong…

What OC is going to be willing to conn my s in? Who dies he know on the offensive side of the ball not in the Jimbo or Sumlin tree?

13 minutes ago, victory88 said:

I’ll have you know Robinson has a career .500 SEC record as a head coach. That’s much higher than Jimbo’s over the last 3 years. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

From
Liucci

Long story short, this one never got to the finish line and the roadblock was tonight's meeting to approve the hire involving the A&M brass.

With this news breaking as I type, I can say I've never seen anything like this but have also been on the phone with every level of this thing throughout the night and think this is very likely to go one of two ways for the Aggies:

The Ags pivot and tab former DC and Duke boss Mike Elko and team him with Elijah Robinson and a new-look staff or simply remove the interim tag from E-Rob and revamp things from there accordingly. Either way would be wildly popular with players and the current recruits.

So it’s E-Rob. Jesus. You’ll never find a program that values DL recruiting more than aggy. 

Part of me thinks Bjork knows they’re screwed next year, so he’s keeping the seat warm until he can host a real fundraiser after the Texas loss. 

What’s Durkin thinking here? He’s been a head coach and now he gets to work for one of his assistants. 

Robinson would keep their roster together and most of the recruits in tow. But if he gets the job, it will essentially just be because the players like him. Hires like that rarely work out.

And all the handwringing over Traylor’s resume seems silly if you just end up promoting your even less experienced DL coach.

It's crystal clear that aggy fired Jimbo with no plan in mind. Just complete stupidity. 

This is what I find amazing. They have all the time in the world to plan on how to replace him

Bjork is a moron. I’ll be sad when he gets fired. Although I’m sure his hands are probably somewhat tied
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

From
Liucci

Long story short, this one never got to the finish line and the roadblock was tonight's meeting to approve the hire involving the A&M brass.

With this news breaking as I type, I can say I've never seen anything like this but have also been on the phone with every level of this thing throughout the night and think this is very likely to go one of two ways for the Aggies:

The Ags pivot and tab former DC and Duke boss Mike Elko and team him with Elijah Robinson and a new-look staff or simply remove the interim tag from E-Rob and revamp things from there accordingly. Either way would be wildly popular with players and the current recruits.

bugs bunny eye roll GIF by Looney Tunes World of Mayhem

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

Robinson would keep their roster together and most of the recruits in tow. But if he gets the job, it will essentially just be because the players like him. Hires like that rarely work out.

aggy spending over $76 million to fire a coach and then running it back with essentially the same staff would certainly be something. A coach that's never even been a coordinator by the way. 

Just next level stupidity. 

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

aggy spending over $76 million to fire a coach and then running it back with essentially the same staff would certainly be something. A coach that's never even been a coordinator by the way. 

Just next level stupidity. 

But..but.. recruits!!!

aggie isn't capable of thinking more than 3 months into the future.

• Hook 'Em 1

Well, hell, maybe this will be like Petrino and a few weeks from now they'll circle back to Stoops again after nothing else goes right. 

If that Texags post is correct, I don't see Fisch reengaging.  He got fucked around with pretty bad.  That clown show is even worse than I imagined.  Holy shit. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Fake army talking about a coaching search being "in the fog of war." These people are truly comedy. 

3 minutes ago, RabidM said:

Well, hell, maybe this will be like Petrino and a few weeks from now they'll circle back to Stoops again after nothing else goes right. 

If that Texags post is correct, I don't see Fisch reengaging.  He got fucked around with pretty bad.  That clown show is even worse than I imagined.  Holy shit. 

Stoops won't touch that job now. Aggie fans cyber bullied him out of a job. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Stoops won't touch that job now. Aggie fans cyber bullied him out of a job. 

I don't see Stoops as having the same options as Fisch.  Jedd is a decent name right now.  He might get UCLA if it opens up.  If Stoops really wants out of Kentucky, I could see him coming back around.  I don't think aggy is going there, but I don't think Stoops would close the door if he's unhappy at UK.  Aggy is probably Stoops best option. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

This is 100% true and my bet is Bjork will be fired in the next couple of months. 

Yep.

Extended Jimbo then fired Jimbo without a plan. Embarrassed aggy (not hard to do) having to hire a fall back option’s backup plan.

They’ll promote ‘eRod’ to full HC, give him a $2-4 mil/yr contract for 5 years with a tiny buyout to reset the market from their overspending lunacy.

They then fire Bjork. Hire a new AD that quietly sets up a need HC behind the scenes and they pull the trigger after loss #4 next year.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, victory88 said:

John Blake 2.0.  please, please make it happen

6 hours ago, Radical Larry said:

Only Aggy would do this.  Biggest buyout ever you stupid sip

5 hours ago, BornAndRaised said:

That's gonna be an awkward off-season 

3 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

This is 100% true and my bet is Bjork will be fired in the next couple of months. 

Smart thing and Aggy is like oil and vinegar.  After all the shitty games yesterday where wsu, Florida, and Auburn shit the bed, this is the gift that keeps giving.  Most expensive buyout ever (more than the next 5 together) to run it back with a defensive staff that gave up record breaking yards against the two offenses with a pulse they played this year.  I wonder if Shawn Watson is available to oc?

• Haha 1

When Tennessee did this with Schiano, they had an absolutely bonkers week of publicly throwing themselves at Gundy, Jeff Brohm, and Dave Doeren, getting rejected by all three. Then their AD went rogue, flew out to LA and worked out a MOU with Mike Leach, before being recalled to Knoxville by the university chancellor and fired. When interim AD Phillip Fulmer was appointed, he was left with Jeremy Pruitt, Mel Tucker, and Kevin Steele as his final choices. 

There’s no way this works out well for ATM in the short term. Like Sydney says, they should just bite the bullet, fire Bjork, promote Robinson, and start saving their money for the next search. 

• Hook 'Em 3

I cannot wait to watch this train wreck.  They fire a guy mid season all bc Texas is having a good season.  Without any plan they toss some big names out there and guys coaching teams in the play off hunt.  Why anyone would leave their current winning program to go to that dump.  Boosters fighting with the AD and I can bet you those coaches are checked out.  Then they plan to hire their DL coach with no coaching history, no schemes, no network of coaches to hire.  I imagine the coordinators in Durkin and Petrino would bail instead of hanging on to this sinking ship, but no one else wants them.  Great idea aggy.  Fire the head man and keep the yes man that cannot coach either side.  Please keep Durkin.  Dude just gave up 42 points.  Please keep Addazio too.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

"There’s no way this works out well for ATM in the short term. Like Sydney says, they should just bite the bullet, fire Bjork, promote Robinson, and start saving their money for the next search. "

With the holidays right around the corner they can sell candy can flavored jizz jars to raise money.

• Haha 1